Wii U - Beginning of the end > Cheap game thread

So far on my used Wii U I got from eBay, I've played through Wonderful 101 (fun and sometimes very frustrating game), dabbled in a bit of Mario Maker, and am about 20 hours into Tokyo Mirage sessions. The system does seem louder than any of my other consoles, but I don't know if that's from previous use or if the Wii U in general is loud

Man, I remember when Platinum Gamecubes were getting cleared out for $24.98 a pop at Target.  Looks like the best I can get a spare WiiU system for is $200 used from Nintendo?  Times definitely have changed.

I was able to grab a peach and luigi controller for 10 each. I was hoping they'd have a toad and Mario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grabbed a wii u from one of those FB group finally. $200 for 15 games (12 Wii, 3 U - prob could sell for about $100-120ish) plus some wiimotes. I should have paid more attention to Walmart threads, thinking I need a Pro controller now.

Anyone here have a sealed Hello Kitty, Turbo or croods for sale or trade? At non rediculous ebay prices. I know im not asking you to sell me at retail but at least give me a discount of some sort. I could also offer trades as well.

Anyone here have a sealed Hello Kitty, Turbo or croods for sale or trade? At non rediculous ebay prices. I know im not asking you to sell me at retail but at least give me a discount of some sort. I could also offer trades as well.
Holy shit, those prices are insane. I had no idea there where Wii U games out there of that value, but I guess when a system sales the low numbers like it did, there are always going to be games that get low production, and reach high values. I've been seeing it for 30+ years, so nothing new I suppose.

While there is little chance my son would have ever had Hello Kitty, Turbo and the Croods are two games I may have bought him, if I had ever seen a decent price. And I don't let him handle the disc either, so they would be like new. But hell, I didn't even know these games existed until now. I'll guess I'll keep an eye out at garage sales and second hand stores.

Turbo was actually given away free as a company or movie promo way back when. I passed on it because I heard the game wasn't very good.

How did this guy sell 7 Croods for $500 each !?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Croods-Prehistoric-Party-Nintendo-Wii-U-2013-Rare-Brand-New-/371765318685?hash=item568ef0941d:g:a4QAAOSwpLNYBOmS
Look at the prices sold... a few sold for $30, a few sold for $60... likely jacked up the price once they saw a few sell quickly and figured there was a price spike they weren't aware of.

I def dont see the need to obtain every single game for the wiiu just the ones I care about-

really only have Star Fox, Wii Party U, Paper Mario, and Tekken left to get-

oh yeah I want Game & Wario and Wii Sports U or whatever but not going to pay more than retail

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my White 32gb system from Nintendo yesterday... just in time as it looks like they've taken down the product page on their store. Looks brand new... came in the white box with everything packaged like it was a store bought system. Pretty impressed. I ended up grabbing the extras like system stand/controller stand & extended battery too.

Question, anyone know of a way to charge the batteries without installing them in a Wii U Gamepad? A note in the box says to make sure you charge your batteries at least once every six months and if I take out the old batteries, I wouldn't just want them to die, I'd love to be able to keep them as backups. Maybe it's too much to hope for though.

Shopko in La Crosse WI (southside) has multiple copies of:
Super Smash Bros. $17.99
Starfox Zero $14.99
Windwaker HD $11.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed a wii u from one of those FB group finally. $200 for 15 games (12 Wii, 3 U - prob could sell for about $100-120ish) plus some wiimotes. I should have paid more attention to Walmart threads, thinking I need a Pro controller now.
Sold off everything but Kirby's Return to Dreamland for $140 - can't complain about a $60 Wii U (or less once i play Kirby)

Also got a Wii Pro controller for $12 (Walmart)

nintendo-ebay listed refurbished new nintendo 3ds xl's for $170.  Anyone guessing they are actually pulled new stock?

Just got a Wii U a few days ago for $150 off a FB group came with a classic controller and was the 32gb model. Im on the hunt for a few cheap games

Most stores seem to have the same few games and at full price... Star Fox, Toad and a fuck-ton of AC Amiibo Festival Bundle... seriously, how many fucking copies of this game did they make? 

I actually just found an unopened copy of Amiibo Festival on one of my game shelves.  :lol:  I must've picked it up dirt cheap, as I don't even remember getting it.

bread's done
Back