Wii U - Beginning of the end > Cheap game thread

white generic but the packaging inside is exactly like the retail box from what I remember.
Yeah, I've seen reports that some people get the retail box(for the black unit), but those may have ran out at this point. I can confirm, the interior packaging is the exact same. It's cool you got an unopened NL, but as you stated, the opened ones are flawless anyways, but it's better to sale a sealed game, than an opened one, so that's always nice to have.

I really need to order an extra battery at this point, as once those sale out, I can see them not coming back, and "N" already raised the price on what they originally cost, and I don't want to pay any online premiums.

Yeah those extended battery packs might make me have to make a Nintendo store order.  I hope they make it to Ebay to at least get the free shipping, but I think we might have to suck it up and buy them for $45 before they run out.  I just can't see spending that much for a bigger Gamepad battery though.  I really wish they would put them on the Ebay store, and at half off .  That would be ideal!

Also, I appreciate the comments on Captain Toad.  I've been wanting it for awhile.  I just never found it for a good price.  $20 is fantastic and includes the amiibo (which I already had so I will be selling it).

Edit: Black console ordered from ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
So when should i start seeing mom's selling Wii U's on facebook yard sale sites for $50? =)
Dammit !! Missed it. Someone posted all of this for $30. Nooooooooo

SpaDu0z.jpg

Though i don't actually see the wii u console, so maybe not as big a disappointment missing it.

Yeah, I've seen reports that some people get the retail box(for the black unit), but those may have ran out at this point. I can confirm, the interior packaging is the exact same. It's cool you got an unopened NL, but as you stated, the opened ones are flawless anyways, but it's better to sale a sealed game, than an opened one, so that's always nice to have.

I really need to order an extra battery at this point, as once those sale out, I can see them not coming back, and "N" already raised the price on what they originally cost, and I don't want to pay any online premiums.
The "retail" box I got with my refurb was clearly meant only for refurbs and says "producto reconstrudo" on it (refurbished product underneath that) so maybe they were destined for non-US markets, but I can see them running out of those if they took back massive stock from retailers. And this was one of very few hardware items I have seen from nintendo that comes with a sticker seal on it.

Now I wonder how many thousands more of these nintendo actually has. I know they've been slowly adding stock through the weeks, but 2000 at once is a lot. 10,000 is not much compared to how many they probably shipped out or received back towards the end.

And now your incorrect use of "sale" as a verb has reached new heights. It's one thing to be lazy about it, but I have never seen someone use it as part of the phrase "sale out". It's like you have an autocorrect for all sell --> sale :wall: :rofl:

Yeah, I always planned to get the white 32GB, but I was never in a rush, as I would see them on their website a few times a year off and on. But it was always the Mario/Nintendoland bundle for $225, and I just couldn't do it for over $200. So when I finally saw these go up again, and since I knew production had stopped, I figured this may be my last chance, so I grabbed one.

This is the longest I've ever seen the white model up for, so who knows if this is the end of the line, or if you can get these refurb units for another year or two, it's NoA, so anything is possible. I would recommend anyone interested in the high capacity battery, should get that ASAP, as once those sales out, the prices are only going to continue to go up from there. I really don't want to pay $80 dollars for a damn battery. LOL 

SpaDu0z.jpg

Though i don't actually see the wii u console, so maybe not as big a disappointment missing it.
you should definitely hit up yard sales. i've seen people selling their wii bundled something like this a few times for less than $15 but passed on it. i regret passing on the offer from a guy selling his red wii for $7 with a few accessories :wall:

SpaDu0z.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbeHxQ6EGvw

Just the goddamn Gamepad is worth 2-3 times that. What kind of idiot actually sold that? My guess is, it was a troll listing. Someone offering peanuts for a gold bar and telling everyone who calls that it already sold. Nobody could be that oblivious.

I've had my eye on that battery too. I just got the Nyko white and black battery packs for $10 each at Walmart.

Thanks. Charged the gamepad last night. I'll play this weekend and see how bad the regular battery is and if I feel I need to upgrade (planning on using pro controller for some games so maybe not necessary)

Just the goddamn Gamepad is worth 2-3 times that. What kind of idiot actually sold that? My guess is, it was a troll listing. Someone offering peanuts for a gold bar and telling everyone who calls that it already sold. Nobody could be that oblivious.

Are you watching Craigslist or another site for these mom bundles?
They were in a Facebook local yard sale group. Looking at profile and other stuff they were selling, wasn't a troll - more a person that didn't know value of what they had.

They were in a Facebook local yard sale group. Looking at profile and other stuff they were selling, wasn't a troll - more a person that didn't know value of what they had.
Those things can be a gold mine if you hurry and can respond to them first. Some lady sold me three PS4 controllers, charger, five game for a whopping $50.

Those things can be a gold mine if you hurry and can respond to them first. Some lady sold me three PS4 controllers, charger, five game for a whopping $50.
Definitely, for some reason Facebook decided to stop allowing you to see the posts in chronological order, so catching things fast isn't as easy anymore.

Picked up a Green Luigi Controller for $20 via Walmart recently. No real cheap games though. They're keeping them at original price.

For all you Nintendo refurb Wii U owners: I bought one as well as a back up and noticed three things are missing from retail units. These things are definitely NOT must-haves (console stand, charging cradle, and the game pad stand), but I did notice that the Nintendo store online has the charging cradle for $9.99 and the game pad stand for $4.99. HOWEVER, they have a charging cradle/game pad stand combo for $5.99. If you like to have every little thing Nintendo offers, or simply suffer from FOMO I thought I'd share this bit of info as it appears to be a solid deal

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod90004&categoryId=cat10012

For all you Nintendo refurb Wii U owners: I bought one as well as a back up and noticed three things are missing from retail units. These things are definitely NOT must-haves (console stand, charging cradle, and the game pad stand), but I did notice that the Nintendo store online has the charging cradle for $9.99 and the game pad stand for $4.99. HOWEVER, they have a charging cradle/game pad stand combo for $5.99. If you like to have every little thing Nintendo offers, or simply suffer from FOMO I thought I'd share this bit of info as it appears to be a solid deal

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod90004&categoryId=cat10012
Thanks for the heads up. Should be buying my refurb soon.
[emoji106]

I ordered the high capacity battery from the nintendo store.  Should arrive tomorrow.  I don't think I'll really need it but knowing once these are all sold out, it'll probably be more expensive down the road.

Thanks for the heads up. Should be buying my refurb soon.
[emoji106]
Agreed, thanks for that info. It never occurred to me those items where missing. Although I think a few of those where included with the deluxe Wii U's only, and since these aren't really the "deluxe", I guess I can see why they aren't included.

EDIT: There's a company on Ebay selling all 3 items in one set, for $8.99 and free shipping. They say the items are official "N", and are used, but most of the reviews say like new. I'm gonna grab a set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Nintendo-Wii-U-Black-Cradle-Stand-Set-Gamepad-Charger-Dock-WUP-014-016-/152291391682?hash=item23754638c2:g:GX4AAOSwXeJYDNKC

I ordered the battery from the nintendo store. Should arrive tomorrow. I don't think I'll really need it but knowing once these are all sold out, it'll probably be more expensive down the road.
Yeah, I just ordered mine yesterday, and if I would have thought about the stands, I would have ordered that stuff to, so I could save on shipping, damn it!

Agreed, thanks for that info. It never occurred to me those items where missing. Although I think a few of those where included with the deluxe Wii U's only, and since these aren't really the "deluxe", I guess I can see why they aren't included.

EDIT: There's a company on Ebay selling all 3 items in one set, for $8.99 and free shipping. They say the items are official "N", and are used, but most of the reviews say like new. I'm gonna grab a set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Nintendo-Wii-U-Black-Cradle-Stand-Set-Gamepad-Charger-Dock-WUP-014-016-/152291391682?hash=item23754638c2:g:GX4AAOSwXeJYDNKC
Yeah, I just ordered mine yesterday, and if I would have thought about the stands, I would have ordered that stuff to, so I could save on shipping, damn it!
Try calling them to waive the shipping. I was in the same situation where I bought the Wii U and didn't add the battery. Gave them a call and was able to waive shipping for the battery.

There is only 4 hours left on the ebay listing for the Refurbished Black Wii U. Obviously there is nothing stopping them from relisting the remaining copies after the auction ends. But then, there's no guarantee that the price remains $200 when they relist.

Just pointing this out in case anybody is planning to buy one.

Edit: Never mind. They just went and relisted it.

Try calling them to waive the shipping. I was in the same situation where I bought the Wii U and didn't add the battery. Gave them a call and was able to waive shipping for the battery.
Thanks for the heads up on that, but I actually decided to buy the white Nyko charger stand, as I got the white Wii U, and that one will look better. I'll try to grab the vertical stand pieces later, as those aren't going anywhere.

As for the batteries, there was a month in-between me buying the console and the batteries, so I don't want to push it, although they might waive it, I'm cool paying it after the fact.

Question for anybody who bought a refurbed Wii U directly from Nintendo's store. Were you given any kind of tracking number or info for your order?

I placed an order 7 days ago. Two days after placing the order, the Wii U (and a few other items I ordered) apparently shipped. The only reason that I know that is because of the update on my account page. I never received an email from them notifying me that my order shipped. Additionally, when I check my order on my account page, it claimes that a tracking number will be listed for my order, yet there is none listed.

Is this Par for the course? Or do I have reason to worry?

Oh and in case it matters, I selected standard shipping. Also, I live in the Boston area, and I understand that these items are shipping from Washington (state). So the fact that it's already been a week and I haven't received my order yet doesn't really worry me. Might be a couple more days yet. But I'd like to know approximately when I can expect it.

Question for anybody who bought a refurbed Wii U directly from Nintendo's store. Were you given any kind of tracking number or info for your order?

I placed an order 7 days ago. Two days after placing the order, the Wii U (and a few other items I ordered) apparently shipped. The only reason that I know that is because of the update on my account page. I never received an email from them notifying me that my order shipped. Additionally, when I check my order on my account page, it claimes that a tracking number will be listed for my order, yet there is none listed.

Oh and in case it matters, I selected standard shipping. Also, I live in the Boston area, and I understand that these items are shipping from Washington (state). So the fact that it's already been a week and I haven't received my order yet doesn't really worry me. Might be a couple more days yet. But I'd like to know approximately when I can expect it.
I did recieve an email with a tracking number. Check your spam, perhaps?

I got a tracking number and a shipping confirmation email the day it shipped. The standard shipping is UPS Ground service so that's 5 business days for us on the east coast. With snow and whatnot you might not expect it until Friday. You could try giving Nintendo a call, though, maybe they can try to pin down a tracking number for you.

Yeah, I got a tracking email the same day I ordered actually. The tracking didn't go live until the next day, but I was impressed that they shipped it so fast. I also get alerts from USPS, UPS & FedEx when anything with my name and address hits their systems, so that is good to have as well. So even when you don't get tracking info, you'll know packages are on the way.

I ordered the high capacity battery from the nintendo store. Should arrive tomorrow. I don't think I'll really need it but knowing once these are all sold out, it'll probably be more expensive down the road.
Probably not worth worrying too much about. They still stock game boy advance parts: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod10423&categoryId=cat490463

If nothing else, it shows they may have Wii U battery stock for an extended period of time, but the GBA was way more popular, so they may still have inventory based on the amount sold. In which case, the Wii U batteries may be gone any day now. LOL

I ordered the high capacity battery from the nintendo store. Should arrive tomorrow. I don't think I'll really need it but knowing once these are all sold out, it'll probably be more expensive down the road.
Nvm I see it.

I am wanting a Zelda Wii U, and there is one in good condition at my GameStop. So hard for me to justify burning $250 in credit for the minimal decals on the gamepad though. I have been trolling around Craigslist trying to get lucky on a cheap bundle.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

If nothing else, it shows they may have Wii U battery stock for an extended period of time, but the GBA was way more popular, so they may still have inventory based on the amount sold. In which case, the Wii U batteries may be gone any day now. LOL
If not for stock, then it's worth keeping in mind that batteries do degrade over time if unused... I'd wager those GBA batters are nowhere near as good as they once were.

The DS Lite had the best battery. Haven't turned mine on in 4-5 years and it still powers on. Everything else I have (3DS, Vita, PSP Go) usually dies after a month without being turned on. It may also be b/c the DSL was probably my most used system too, I supposed, so the battery got a good workout.

Yeah, number of battery charge cycles will make a difference, but I swear I have a psp that I barely used and never held an unused charge for too long even while new.

Closest Walmart near my job had 1 pro controller for the longest... Went yesterday and nothing. Checked brickseek and went to another one about 35 minutes away and grabbed 2 of the 4 that were left

If not for stock, then it's worth keeping in mind that batteries do degrade over time if unused... I'd wager those GBA batters are nowhere near as good as they once were.

The DS Lite had the best battery. Haven't turned mine on in 4-5 years and it still powers on. Everything else I have (3DS, Vita, PSP Go) usually dies after a month without being turned on. It may also be b/c the DSL was probably my most used system too, I supposed, so the battery got a good workout.
Yeah, I thought about that as well when ordering my U batteries this week. Hopefully "N" has been keeping their supply fresh over the years, and these aren't from 5 year old inventory. LOL

I 100% agree on that DS battery. My DS has been in a drawer for years with no charging of any kind, and if I go up right now and turn it on, I'll get a green light. I'm always amazed by that, each and every time.

After getting some money together for a White 32gb unit... it went out of stock for 5 days or so... just ordered one as it came back in stock along with an extended battery & charger/stands. Thanks for helping me spend money on a dead console CAG! ;)

According to this thread, there is an ebay coupon good for $15 off of orders exceeding $75. As I type this, this coupon is supposedly good for another 3 hours. So if you were thinking about ordering a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo's ebay store, you can save an additional $15 by using the coupon code: CSAVE15OFFMARCH

Act fast though, as coupon is supposedly only good until 8PM PST (11PM EST).

bread's done
Back