Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't seen any mention of Pokemon Rumble U.  Is it that bad?  Or just no interest?

I play Skylanders & Infinity with my daughter constantly.  Isn't PRU the other game like it?  Wondering if it's worth it since I did grab eShop cards when BB had them 20% off.

I wouldn't call it bizarre. More life defeatist and extremely lazy. I love my Wii U but am frustrated by NOJ and NOA's unwillingness to get us proper VC ported/emulated. Look at Sony and how they see their comparatively smaller library as a HUGE asset for Gaikai/PSNow streaming and all you can consume model (or rent by the game). But no. Nintendo is too dumb (and greedy) that they don't want to just shove the games in an emulator wrapper and call it a day. Ugh. Anyhow, I've only had the Wii U for 3 months and already bought 7 retail disc games for it.
I don't know if Sony is a good comparison. I'm not real enthused about a streaming service. I don't know what the monthly fee is, but I've already got a hoard of content on the PSN. I don't want to pay a monthly fee to play what I already own. Maybe I'll change my tune eventually.

I don't know if Sony is a good comparison. I'm not real enthused about a streaming service. I don't know what the monthly fee is, but I've already got a hoard of content on the PSN. I don't want to pay a monthly fee to play what I already own. Maybe I'll change my tune eventually.
At least nintendo has true(?) backwards compatibility going for it. Now if they only utilized it. It really is baffling why the VC wii u store is in the shape that it is, with over a year now to be around. Im not a programmer, but how hard is it to just rerelease all the games VC games from wii to the new wii u? what is the logical hold up!?

It's on the Wii Shop Channel, ya know. :) I can't figure out why people get so excited over the re-release of Virtual Console games we already have. I admit it's fun, but...
Well, I like that you can play the games on the gamepad with the gamepad controls. That's a plus. The upgrade fees are pretty minimal, so it's worth it to me.

Also that Gaikai thing looks absolutely horrible so far. They have a lot of work to do, and I'm not convinced they can do it. Have you seen the videos showing the terrible lag? And that was with a server down the hall and only a handful of players in the world using it. Nintendo is frustrating at times, sure, but I don't think Playstation Now looks like a winner so far.

Thats a real nice OPINION you got there, but you were in fact wrong.

And btw, this is a Wii U game thread, so how much a game costs on other systems isn't really relevant.

/end troll baiting

--Those sales are terrible! I hope nintendo whips the VC into shape soon!
So my opinion was wrong? Thanks for telling me :wall:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-deus-ex-human-revolution-director-s-cut-wii-u--263660.phtml

Well, I like that you can play the games on the gamepad with the gamepad controls. That's a plus. The upgrade fees are pretty minimal, so it's worth it to me.
Oh brother..... if you only knew how little expense went into porting these games into WiiU. $1/$1.50 is very far from minimal..... Nintendo is raking in insane profit from the suckers paying that. First and foremost, understand that (assuming Nintendo isn't completely and utterly incompetent) it's the EMULATORS that recieved upgrades, not the games themselves. Miiverse is the only thing added on a game by game basis, but it's a glorified forum just like the one you are on now, and you don't have to buy a damn thing to visit it, so I wouldn't even count it in the cost of the "upgrade". Realilistically, it probably took a few junior programmers/interns all of a week to make NES/SNES VC on WiiU. Assuming these junior employees goofed off a bit, and assuming NCL pays it's employees extremely well (I do know a few NoA employees, and no they aren't paid all that well) we'd probably be looking at a max of $10,000 for the emulators. That's a drop in the bucket to any multinational corporation of Nintendo's stature, and even so, they could easily recoup + profit with, say, a flat $5 fee for every user.

Now a lot of this is guesswork, but unless Nintendo is reaching around the ass to grab the elbow it's fairly reasonable guesswork. Given Nintendo's track record with online/digital content I wouldn't be totally floored to find out they were having to spend significant time porting each individual VC game, but that's their incompetence and I don't think it's the consumers responsibility to pay for it. At the very least, I'm sure we can all agree that the $1/$1.50 per game is a massive ripoff to anybody who bought more than a handful of VC games on Wii.

As for why they haven't released more games at once, I thought that answer was simple: By spreading the release schedules thin, you ultimately get more sales for several reasons, as opposed to most people buying the few games they want (DKC Trilogy/64 :cry: ) and never coming back. Yeah it sucks but it's something everyone does, you just have to live with it. All that said, the releases lately have been awful and that does defy any explanation I can come up with.

Last edited:
It's on the Wii Shop Channel, ya know. :) I can't figure out why people get so excited over the re-release of Virtual Console games we already have. I admit it's fun, but...
I have the Wii version, got it free via Club Nintendo. I want to upgrade to the Wii U version for off screen play. It's somewhat annoying that they won't give us the game even though it's already been ported.

I think you underestimate the cost as there is testing that needs to be done for each title. If they were a bunch of hackers and didn't care if people found that the game was impossibly broken in the new emu while they played, and then fixed it, they would have very little cost. But they do need to test the games if they want people to have a good experience. Testing is not free. In fact at my job testing is pretty much the largest part of each project. And besides that I don't care. Nintendo is a business and they want to make money. For me that upgrade cost was fine. It was worth it to me. Let them make some extra money. It's OK.

I have the Wii version, got it free via Club Nintendo. I want to upgrade to the Wii U version for off screen play. It's somewhat annoying that they won't give us the game even though it's already been ported.
You could play it off-screen now, but you wouldn't be able to use the gamepad controls, of course (which strikes me as odd). Provided you have a classic controller though I suppose, but I think that's required for Wii VC games anyway.

Haven't seen any mention of Pokemon Rumble U. Is it that bad? Or just no interest?

I play Skylanders & Infinity with my daughter constantly. Isn't PRU the other game like it? Wondering if it's worth it since I did grab eShop cards when BB had them 20% off.
It's nowhere near as good as Skylanders or Infinity, it's basically a (pretty repetitive) arena tournament game where you have a few characters with a couple of different powers and you have to fight a bunch of bad guys (similar to the Skylanders arenas). I think it's worse than the 3DS game, which wasn't that great either. The little characters you could buy add some fun into it, but I'm not sure they're widely available still (and they're blindpacked as well).

I think you underestimate the cost as there is testing that needs to be done for each title. If they were a bunch of hackers and didn't care if people found that the game was impossibly broken in the new emu while they played, and then fixed it, they would have very little cost. But they do need to test the games if they want people to have a good experience. Testing is not free. In fact at my job testing is pretty much the largest part of each project. And besides that I don't care. Nintendo is a business and they want to make money. For me that upgrade cost was fine. It was worth it to me. Let them make some extra money. It's OK.
And I think you overestimate the testing that would need to be done. I can understand that a few games (most of which, like Yoshi's Story IIRC, haven't been released) require special testing for whatever reason but by and large if it works it works. An emulator, by it's very definition, emulates the system. There shouldn't be an abundence of game breaking bugs that wreck the emulator (not counting those in the original games of course).

I have no problem with a company making profit. But there's making profit, and there's taking advantage of the consumer/fanbase. This falls into the latter category. It's little more than a Nintendo tax being charged to keep the games you already paid for, and charging on a per game basis is just crapping on the customer. It's why I've avoided VC altogether at this point.

Edit: I don't mean to come off as someone telling others how to spend their money, I would never want to do that. I do want to say though that supporting this crap just encourages it in the future, and no doubt the success they've found with this tactic will just encourage bigger fees to play the WiiU games we already paid for on WiiU 2. I guess it all boils down to the fact that I don't like the idea of paying a premium price and getting next to nothing in return.

Last edited:
What the fuck are you talking about? The game's been ported and released in other territories. Europe's had it for a fucking month at this point.

You could play it off-screen now, but you wouldn't be able to use the gamepad controls, of course (which strikes me as odd). Provided you have a classic controller though I suppose, but I think that's required for Wii VC games anyway.
When I talk about offscreen play, I"m obviously talking about using the gamepad to play and look at it and not just as a seperate TV screen. Why even buy it if that's the case? Might as well stick the Wii U in a closet and hook it up to a 10 inch TV screen and play it with Wii controls from 10 feet away.

My kids and I had some fun with the Wii version of Pokemon Rumble. It's nothing super great, but it was entertaining. However they haven't expressed any interest in getting Pokemon Rumble U. At least not yet.

What the fuck are you talking about? The game's been ported and released in other territories. Europe's had it for a fucking month at this point.
I'm talking about the upgrade fees. I'm not talking about their approach to when things get released.

Whatever the cost is to get them working on Wii U. To me paying a dollar to be able to play Punchout! on the gamepad was worth it.

I'm talking about the upgrade fees. I'm not talking about their approach to when things get released.
okay sorry about that then.

IMO they need to get rid of their truly awful region locking. I bought a Wii U because it was fairly cheap and I could dump my old Wii. Good deal. That said, we're still living with the Xenoblade backroom fat cat cigar smoking deal that was made. If they didn't have a region lock everyone would have that game for 20 bucks from England.

The DS wasn't region locked and I was able to import some DS games for my kids that are based on a cartoon called "Peppa Pig" which is produced in the UK. They never released the games here but that console isn't region locked. Now the 3DS is. I hate that Nintendo is doing this.

Region locking sucks. No doubt about it. 360 is region locked too, though some games work. PS3 I believe is not region locked. I'm not sure offhand about Xbox One and PS4 or even Vita. I think the Vita and PS4 are not region locked, though.

Region locking sucks. No doubt about it. 360 is region locked too, though some games work. PS3 I believe is not region locked. I'm not sure offhand about Xbox One and PS4 or even Vita. I think the Vita and PS4 are not region locked, though.
PS4 is not region locked for games. Originally the Xbox One was planned to be region locked but when they backtracked on all their DRM they removed region locking in order to compete better. Nintendo is the only one that still does it and their reasons for it are completely absurd and clearly bullshit.

edit:

Here's his quotes. It's obviously a load of horseshit since other companies manage to sell unlocked consoles. They simply don't sell games in countries that those games are not allowed in. The implication that people will not import banned games into their home territories is pretty stupid since people that do that often time just buy another region's console and import that. I've seen people in AU do that before and buy my games off eBay. I think it's obvious that the reason they're doing this is because of money. Don't get me wrong, they're a business and can do as they please but to suggest that this is anything but a money grab makes them look like liars.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/07/nintendo-president-defends-region-locking/

When I talk about offscreen play, I"m obviously talking about using the gamepad to play and look at it and not just as a seperate TV screen.
I don't think it's obvious. I've been enjoying playing Wii games on the gamepad with the classic controller, everything from Faxanadu to Paper Mario 1 and Xenoblade. That's off-screen play. Would have been nice if we could use the actual gamepad controls in Wii mode, at least for stuff that uses the classic controller, though, that's for sure, but I guess Nintendo wanted their upgrade fees.

The upgrade fees probably are a money grab, but as far as money grabs go its pretty minimal.
Speak for yourself. I have a fairly sizable collection of VC games on my Wii, but even that pales in comparison to what a lot of my friends have. If I could "upgrade" all the VC titles I still played to WiiU, I'd be paying over $30 easy. Most of my friends could double that price easy. And don't even get me started on the price to "upgrade" my entire collection.... it's hardly a minimal cost to someone like me.

Last edited:
But we can't upgrade them all anyway, because Nintendo trickles them out, and we all wait fervently and get super excited each time for some reason, which brings us full circle to the beginning of the topic.  :)

I think what I find most upsetting is that the VC has basically been restarted.  There was still a ton of stuff I wanted that hadn't come out, and now instead of those new ones coming out, we are just getting re-releases of what's already been out (Earthbound being one exception, but I want Lufia and stuff).

Then I would suggest not upgrading. You can still play them in Wii mode and they work just the same as they did on the Wii, which is how they worked when you bought them. Vote with your wallet. You also have the option of using the gamepad as the screen, so that's a bonus, even if you still have to use a remote or whatever.

But we can't upgrade them all anyway, because Nintendo trickles them out, and we all wait fervently and get super excited each time for some reason, which brings us full circle to the beginning of the topic. :)

I think what I find most upsetting is that the VC has basically been restarted. There was still a ton of stuff I wanted that hadn't come out, and now instead of those new ones coming out, we are just getting re-releases of what's already been out (Earthbound being one exception, but I want Lufia and stuff).
While I agree with what you are saying, I was really hoping they'd focus on releasing games that we never got. The NES version of Lost Levels and Sin and Punishment were fantastic but it essentially ended there. I was REALLY hoping to play the unreleased games like Fire Emblem, that SNES Zelda stuff, or the Starfy games for GBA. And while I'm not an Earthbound game, I imagine plenty of gamers would be interested in getting the NES Earthbound in their hands. The kicker is I would be willing to pay a premium for these since they would need to translate them.

I know that is unrealistic, but I would still love to see it.

Last edited:
While I agree with what you are saying, I was really hoping they'd focus on releasing games that we never got. The NES version of Lost Levels and Sin and Punishment were fantastic but it essentially ended there. I was REALLY hoping to play the unreleased games like Fire Emblem, that SNES Zelda stuff, or the Starfy games for GBA. And while I'm not an Earthbound game, I imagine plenty of gamers would be interested in getting the NES Earthbound in their hands. The kicker is I would be willing to pay a premium for these since they would need to translate them.

I know that is unrealistic, but I would still love to see it.
I would be ecstatic for that sort of thing. I'd particularly like to see all the Super Famicom games we never got.

To be fair, they could have gone the Sony/Microsoft route and just said that games from the previous generation, whether retail games or downloaded Wiiware/VC, don't work with Wii U.  And it's still less of a money grab than all of the NES games they re-released on GBA with minimal upgrades and charged full retail price for...or the Mario anniversary package...making money off of the same game over and over is the Nintendo way.  If it's too much to upgrade, keep playing in Wii mode, it's still a step above having to go back to the old console to play, which is what the other companies require.

It's nowhere near as good as Skylanders or Infinity, it's basically a (pretty repetitive) arena tournament game where you have a few characters with a couple of different powers and you have to fight a bunch of bad guys (similar to the Skylanders arenas). I think it's worse than the 3DS game, which wasn't that great either. The little characters you could buy add some fun into it, but I'm not sure they're widely available still (and they're blindpacked as well).
I checked with all of the gamestop's in my area and these figures are sold out and there are no more coming in. These were only sold at Gamestop so now I am SOL on the figures. If Nintendo would send more figures, I would buy the game. But since I now don't have a chance of buying the figures at all, I will not be buying the game. Also I already have Pokemon Rumble on the 3DS, and I assume this is more of the same so this game is one that I will not be buying.

I have to agree about the transfer, I fully expected to be able to transfer my 360's library to the new box, however that is not the case, and I am surprised no one is raging over that. What happens when your 360 dies and they take the 360 offline so you can't transfer your licenses... I will not be buying MS again. I prefer Nintendo's way of doing this, at least they let consumers keep the games. I only have 4-5 VC games, the reason I have VC games is because I got them from when they had that pepsi rock band promotion. I got one $20 card through one of those GPT sites and that is all I ever spent on the VC, so nothing out of my actual pocket. I just sold my Wii for $83 on ebay... not bad.

The 360 however I should have never even bought the console, I don't even know why I did. I am tempted to sell it but I have way too many digital games on it, digital games that are going nowhere and can't transfer to a new system. Not that I would want to buy MS again anyways. Their scam is way worse than everyone else, they want consumers to pay $60 per year just to access apps like Netflix when those apps are free on PS3/PS4/Nintendo with no fees attached. As far as playing multiplayer on the 360 I am not interested. Yes I knew about this before buying it but it just kind of defeats the purpose of owning one if you have to keep paying $60 per year (or whatever price Xbox live is on sale) to access the apps. I know people who have the 360 as their only console and pay every year to access the apps. Those people would be better off buying another box or device to access their apps, it would be way cheaper. Its just that this scam was a lot worse than I imagined it would be.

What are you talking about? You can transfer licenses to a new 360 once per year and you don't need the old 360 at all. Their approach is far better than Nintendo's.

To be fair, they could have gone the Sony/Microsoft route and just said that games from the previous generation, whether retail games or downloaded Wiiware/VC, don't work with Wii U. And it's still less of a money grab than all of the NES games they re-released on GBA with minimal upgrades and charged full retail price for...or the Mario anniversary package...making money off of the same game over and over is the Nintendo way. If it's too much to upgrade, keep playing in Wii mode, it's still a step above having to go back to the old console to play, which is what the other companies require.
Yeah I agree with this sentiment.

People want to whine and cry about upgrade fees Nintendo is dishing out but they fail to realize that Sony and MS don't even offer an upgrade option for the PS4 and XB1. Hell, you don't even have to pay an upgrade fee if you are content with transferring your content over and playing in Wii mode. There is no "360" or "PS3" mode with the other two companies.

What are you talking about? You can transfer licenses to a new 360 once per year and you don't need the old 360 at all. Their approach is far better than Nintendo's.
As of now there is no plans in the works for purchased digital 360 content playable on XB1.

Supposedly the PS4 will "solve" this issue with Playstation Now, but you don't know if they are going to charge a service fee and they may even have you repurchase your content full price rather than a small upgrade fee.

I know Nintendo has it's faults but sometimes people like to complain about them just for the sake of complaining.

Oh, you mean backward compatibility. Yes. Only Nintendo is left doing that. Playstation Now looks horrible so far. A video I saw of it showed terrible input lag at CES - unplayable - and that's with servers down the hall and a handful of users. Maybe that was due to some technical difficulty but it was discouraging.

Oh, you mean backward compatibility. Yes. Only Nintendo is left doing that. Playstation Now looks horrible so far. A video I saw of it showed terrible input lag at CES - unplayable - and that's with servers down the hall and a handful of users. Maybe that was due to some technical difficulty but it was discouraging.
Its also a freaking beta dude. lol. Wait till they release it or even close to releasing it before you judge.

Here are the new deals for this week:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $39.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff - $19.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Out this week is Unepic for $9.99, F1 Race Stars Powered Up Edition for $29.99, and Castlevania II: Simon's Quest for NES Virtual Console for $4.99.

I checked with all of the gamestop's in my area and these figures are sold out and there are no more coming in. These were only sold at Gamestop so now I am SOL on the figures. If Nintendo would send more figures, I would buy the game. But since I now don't have a chance of buying the figures at all, I will not be buying the game. Also I already have Pokemon Rumble on the 3DS, and I assume this is more of the same so this game is one that I will not be buying.
I thought it was odd that they limited the toys to a gamestop exclusive. Actually, I thought it was odd that they didn't come out with a full-blown Skylanders clone, with better-sculpted Pokemon... that could be a system seller in Japan, a country that is full of little candy-toy trinkets and characters. I mean, they use RFID chips and the like in kids toys already, and there's a built in reader on the WiiU that nobody uses. Or what about scannable characters in Super Smash Bros?

If anyone wants an excellent Metroidvania I highly recommend Unepic.  Some of the writing and story is corny and cringeworthy but the gameplay is every bit as good as the best of the GBA/DS Castlevania games.

Unepic is pretty awesome. The dialogue is pretty cheesy like already mentioned but the gameplay is solid and is worth the 10 bucks. Didn't see it posted but was going to point out that scribble nauts unlimited and unmasked prices have been dropped to $19.99 / 39.99 respectively for those looking for the downloadable versions.

Went to look up a review for UnEpic, and found out it's out on PC as an early access game for $7.99. Seeing as how the PC version will get updates faster, and more likely to go on a sale, I'm thinking about just waiting this one out. 

Went to look up a review for UnEpic, and found out it's out on PC as an early access game for $7.99. Seeing as how the PC version will get updates faster, and more likely to go on a sale, I'm thinking about just waiting this one out.
It's been out as a finished product for at least two years on PC, was approved for Steam at least a year ago and still not out properly for it.

It's also $8 on Steam and $10 on Wii U. I get tired of having to pay a Wii U tax on things. But oh well. It looks really neat, and I'd rather pay it on my gamepad than on my computer, so there we have it. Just put it on my wishlist tho. AIN'T GOT DAT KINDA MONEY.

Why is Nintendo so stingy with their pricing on console games? They only have huge price drops on crappy e-shop games or old Virtual Console games.

UnEpic looks pretty cool.  I'm a PC guy first, but I love being able to use the Wii U Gamepad on the couch (assuming gamepad only play is available) while wife watches netflix and also the touch screen for inventory will be nice to have. 

Started playing Mega Max X and bleepity bloop I forgot how hard that series could be.  If not for the save states I would never make any progress.  Though know I'm save stated at a boss with apparently the wrong weapon... >.<

Another shitty week on the Wii U front. Today we get.... Mighty Bomb Jack on the virtual console. I don't know why Nintendo hates taking my money, there are a shitload of games that they could release on WiiU VC that I'd buy instantly at full price, but they insist on drip feeding crappy titles that were already on the Wii VC.

[quote name="fujishig" post="11450064" timestamp="1389908291"]I thought it was odd that they limited the toys to a gamestop exclusive. Actually, I thought it was odd that they didn't come out with a full-blown Skylanders clone, with better-sculpted Pokemon... that could be a system seller in Japan, a country that is full of little candy-toy trinkets and characters. I mean, they use RFID chips and the like in kids toys already, and there's a built in reader on the WiiU that nobody uses. Or what about scannable characters in Super Smash Bros? [/quote]

Really weird, if they wanted sales they should have sent figures to more stores, GS sold out so it's not like people weren't buying them. They want sales, yet they have no product in stores to sell. If people saw the figures in the gaming dept they would be more likely to buy the game.

They are stupid if they don't make a skylanders like game, the 3DS has built in infrared which almost no game uses so perhaps the figures could be used cross platform. Play on the console at home and level up on the go with the 3DS could be a big seller. The only thing stopping them is that retailers here probably don't want to make space for any more toy based games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back