Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way they're talking (Nintendo Network as the platform rather than Wii U/3DS) I'm somewhat hopeful eShop accounts will be merged at some point so they'd be playable both places. But considering you can right now play every DS game on your 3DS, a Virtual Console service for it is probably not really a high priority.
This is probably why they're not making nearly as much money as they could, as they could easily put up a ton of the great DS games that are hard to find new (Kirby's Canvas Curse, WarioWare Twisted, etc.) or are just great for $10 to $20 and make a lot of money off of them. It's not like they don't already sell DS games on the eShop in the form of DSiWare games, so they shouldn't have a ton of work keeping them from doing it. They'd make better use of the 3DS' features while also being small downloads to make that more attractive than the other VC offerings on the eShop.

I feel like just about every Wii U owner would snatch up the Pokemon games if they were put on VC (I read that Gamefreak doesn't want to do this for some reason...)
Likely because it would take too much work. They would basically have to reprogram the game from scratch in order to get it to work in today's metagame (as the gulf between Gen I and Gen VI is bigger than practically any other franchise). And that's assuming they leave the games as Gen 1 only instead of making new sprites for the Gen VI Pokemon. Also, Pokemon as a franchise has a ton of glitches, but Gen 1 was one of the glitchiest games ever.

For those that want to see what Spin the Bottle is, Game Informer has a great video of them playing the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZSlW4FKAMY

?? That's not part of the sale. And I would not recommend that game at full price. I bought it for half off and was disappointed with it. There are 5 levels of by the numbers twin stick shooting and I was not compelled to play anymore once I beat it. I think Super Stardust being so awesome has ruined me for other games like this.
Oops, I though Nano Assault Neo was part of the promotion. I disagree with you that it's by the numbers twin stick shooter and there are not just 5 levels. I don't know why you said that. Sounds like you hardly put enough time into it. There are four sections to choose from and each has four different levels to play in. It's a beautiful twin stick shooter that plays with old school shooter concept in mind which is choosing the right special weapons, keeping a kill combo going, and trying to beat your personal/online scores. Single player can be beaten in a short amount of hours, but that opens up Survival Mode and Arcade mode which to me is worth the price of the game. I keep coming back to try to find ways to get a higher score.

What are you talking about? You can transfer licenses to a new 360 once per year and you don't need the old 360 at all. Their approach is far better than Nintendo's.
agree i was reading his post n was confused you have to redownload the games to the new 360 or put the harddrive in the new system. to be honest nintendo has me there games are fun and ill support them till the end same for sony microsoft is okay but they areFning up big time with barely any exclusives and DRM features still present on xbox one and flip flopping on things they say (kinect will always be required, now they are changing there tune) nintendos next handheld is what im looking forward to n excited for the console too but thats more than 6 years or more away

agree i was reading his post n was confused you have to redownload the games to the new 360 or put the harddrive in the new system. to be honest nintendo has me there games are fun and ill support them till the end same for sony microsoft is okay but they areFning up big time with barely any exclusives and DRM features still present on xbox one and flip flopping on things they say (kinect will always be required, now they are changing there tune) nintendos next handheld is what im looking forward to n excited for the console too but thats more than 6 years or more away
Sunset Overdrive, D4, Quantum Break, and TitanFall. Microsoft has some good exclusives -this- year.

I don't get it, flip flopping? So because they took out the features people didn't want then people get pissed. I don't understand.

Microsoft has awesome support when it comes to getting your games on new consoles. I remember when I had my 360 failures they would always make sure to be on their game with giving me my downloads back. Nintendo is abysmal on this. Why am I having to pay over and over again for this stuff? Why is there no cross buy? I love my Nintendo consoles. But I won't support Nintendo fully in the digital market until they get out of their little mountain and really begin figuring out why they have a backwards way of thinking.

Sunset Overdrive, D4, Quantum Break, and TitanFall. Microsoft has some good exclusives -this- year.
I don't get it, flip flopping? So because they took out the features people didn't want then people get pissed. I don't understand.
Microsoft has awesome support when it comes to getting your games on new consoles. I remember when I had my 360 failures they would always make sure to be on their game with giving me my downloads back. Nintendo is abysmal on this. Why am I having to pay over and over again for this stuff? Why is there no cross buy? I love my Nintendo consoles. But I won't support Nintendo fully in the digital market until they get out of their little mountain and really begin figuring out why they have a backwards way of thinking.
Um there is no cross buy for 360 to XB1. All your 360 content is worthless next gen.

And frankly those XB1 exclusives look bland and boring.

I know I'm not spending $600 (tax and an xbl sub) to play those games.

Um there is no cross buy for 360 to XB1. All your 360 content is worthless next gen.
And frankly those XB1 exclusives look bland and boring.
I know I'm not spending $600 (tax and an xbl sub) to play those games.
Some DLC is crossbuy right now. And Spartan Assault got dropped to $5 if you own it elsewhere which is a great step for a new game. And if those games look bland to you, I'm curious what you like. Sunset Overdrive and D4 are easily the weirdest and most colorful games coming out.
Xbox Live is pretty easy to snag for cheap. I got a 12 month for $20 at a Best Buy a few days ago.

I just don't get why every game doesn't support sound through headphones on the gamepad, makes no sense to me.  Or even being able to watch something through Amazon Instant Video and listen to it though headphones without sending the actual video to the pad.  :headache:

I just don't get why every game doesn't support sound through headphones on the gamepad, makes no sense to me. Or even being able to watch something through Amazon Instant Video and listen to it though headphones without sending the actual video to the pad. :headache:
Yeah the PS4 is hardware level where you can select audio output only to headphones if plugged in. I loved this, amazing feature.

Yeah the PS4 is hardware level where you can select audio output only to headphones if plugged in. I loved this, amazing feature.
I know, I just wish you could remote play AIV. But I was all excited to be able to watch a movie on the WiiU through AIV after my daughter went to sleep without making a lot of noise but no dice.

I did it, wilfare. Played about an hour and a half yesterday. I think I'm still in the tutorial. I think it's going to be really hard, but I'm liking it so far. There is just a lot to learn.

there needs to be a price history tracker

has Giana been cheaper or is this the lowest?

still can't decide on MH3U
I'd say it's worth it for $20 even if you only end up playing single player. Very addictive, grind-heavy play, and you can easily put in hours at a time without realizing it.

I did it, wilfare. Played about an hour and a half yesterday. I think I'm still in the tutorial. I think it's going to be really hard, but I'm liking it so far. There is just a lot to learn.

I'd say it's worth it for $20 even if you only end up playing single player. Very addictive, grind-heavy play, and you can easily put in hours at a time without realizing it.
the thing is. all of my WiiU games till now are retail/physical games. I only go digital if the game has no retail release. hmm so getting MH3U digital does mess up the collection a little

the thing is. all of my WiiU games till now are retail/physical games. I only go digital if the game has no retail release. hmm so getting MH3U digital does mess up the collection a little
this actually is a plus for me. im only buying nintendo made games physically. this would be the type of game id buy digital especially at this price. this is the right price for monster hunter. im gonna buy a card at gs and get it cheaper with credit

this actually is a plus for me. im only buying nintendo made games physically. this would be the type of game id buy digital especially at this price. this is the right price for monster hunter. im gonna buy a card at gs and get it cheaper with credit
hmm yea. im thinking of getting both the 3DS and WiiU games.. (probably need to sell my still sealed 3DS copy too)

I did a bit of work today and created a Google Doc with the sales history of the Wii U eShop for those that wish to see what sorts of sales each game has had. It might be missing a few things from before this thread started, so let me know if I missed anything.

I did a bit of work today and created a Google Doc with the sales history of the Wii U eShop for those that wish to see what sorts of sales each game has had. It might be missing a few things from before this thread started, so let me know if I missed anything.
Very nice man, sure beats doing tons of searches on Nintendo Life to figure it out.

Grabbed Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream since I had some credit to spend. That game is a lot bigger than I was expecting at 3.5 GB, which is a little bit bigger than Super Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD combined. In comparison, Toki Tori 2+ and Mighty Switch Force are 500 MB and 300 MB, respectively.

Giana Sisters is possibly the largest game on my Wii U. I'm almost close to hooking up the external HDD that I already have set up for the system. I wonder when this year will I need it to store more games. 

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the biggest game I have at over 6 GB, but I was surprised to see an eShop game be that large. Having played a bit of it, it does look really good and they have two versions with a different art style for every area in each level that you switch between.

Grabbed Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream since I had some credit to spend. That game is a lot bigger than I was expecting at 3.5 GB, which is a little bit bigger than Super Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD combined. In comparison, Toki Tori 2+ and Mighty Switch Force are 500 MB and 300 MB, respectively.
I scooped this game up on the sale too. I watched the overview trailer for it and thought, "I love platforming and this looks awesome. Wait a minute....is that SONIC STYLE gameplay!? haha"

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the biggest game I have at over 6 GB, but I was surprised to see an eShop game be that large. Having played a bit of it, it does look really good and they have two versions with a different art style for every area in each level that you switch between.
I have the PC version and the game is very fun but also, surprisingly, very challenging. I wonder if the game will get the DLC the PC version has. Haven't played the DLC yet, but I hear the levels are brutally challenging.

Due to the sales on eShop cards and games, I've downloaded more digital content than ever before, on any platform.  My Wii U is maxed out and I'll need to hook up some external storage today.  Plus, I am running out of room on my home menu.  Any word on whether the Wii U will allow you to make home screen folders like on 3DS or at least give you more pages for icons? 

Due to the sales on eShop cards and games, I've downloaded more digital content than ever before, on any platform. My Wii U is maxed out and I'll need to hook up some external storage today. Plus, I am running out of room on my home menu. Any word on whether the Wii U will allow you to make home screen folders like on 3DS or at least give you more pages for icons?
I really wish Nintendo would have implemented some of the 3DS features (game folders, fleshed out activity log).

If I buy Monster Hunter 3U, I'm going to be out of internal memory.  Going to have to plug in a flash drive until I can get a new external drive to replace my PC one (and hand-me-down the PC one to the Wii U since it doesn't go above USB 2.0 anyway--why the hell didn't they give it USB 3.0 support?)

I've got the Wii Fit U trial and have one of the Fit Meters coming so I can get Wii Fit U "free."  But if I delete Wii Fit U, am I going to be able to redownload it again as the full version?  Assuming so, but who knows?

Due to the sales on eShop cards and games, I've downloaded more digital content than ever before, on any platform. My Wii U is maxed out and I'll need to hook up some external storage today. Plus, I am running out of room on my home menu. Any word on whether the Wii U will allow you to make home screen folders like on 3DS or at least give you more pages for icons?
I've read that it'll give you more pages when it's full.

I've got the Wii Fit U trial and have one of the Fit Meters coming so I can get Wii Fit U "free." But if I delete Wii Fit U, am I going to be able to redownload it again as the full version? Assuming so, but who knows?
That's what I've wondered myself. I would hope/assume so but it's Nintendo so who knows.

hating myself from missing out on the Wii Fit U trial. got the Balance Board + Fit Meter bundle way before 31 Jan but didn't have time to set it up... now I missed it @_@

Great work, it will come in handy. I am always searching your threads lately to make sure I don't buy something that has been cheaper before. :)

One suggestion would be to add the lowest price on the index page in column B for each game. It would be something like typing =min(mario!A:A) for each game (replacing mario with the game's actual name tab) or you can just click on the actual column in each sheet after you type =min( and then close it with )

Wasn't enough room on my system, so it wouldn't let me buy MH3U. In desperation, I plugged in a 32gb USB 3.0 flash drive (waste of a nice drive) and copied some stuff I won't be playing soon onto the flash drive. Bought MH3U, turned off my system. Now I see its downloading in yellow light mode, but the flash drive light is blinking furiously. Ugh. Why is it downloading to my flash drive? Why would it not download to the system memory? How can I take control of this?

Wasn't enough room on my system, so it wouldn't let me buy MH3U. In desperation, I plugged in a 32gb USB 3.0 flash drive (waste of a nice drive) and copied some stuff I won't be playing soon onto the flash drive. Bought MH3U, turned off my system. Now I see its downloading in yellow light mode, but the flash drive light is blinking furiously. Ugh. Why is it downloading to my flash drive? Why would it not download to the system memory? How can I take control of this?
Maybe you didn't free up enough room? Should be able to transfer it to the system once it's done at least.

if you have a usb drive plugged in it will default to it. unless you have a save file for that game somewhere else then it will try to install it in the same spot.

Here are the new deals for this week:

Barbie Dreamhouse Party - $19.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Monster High: 13 Wishes - $29.99 - 25% Off - Permanent Price Drop

The Super Indie Connection Sale continues for another week.

Also out on the eShop is Wii Fit U for $29.99, Percy's Predicament for $5.99, and Ninja Gaiden for $4.99 on the NES Virtual Console.

The original Ninja Gaiden was wildly frustratingly difficult. If you have problems with rage-quitting, don't play this game.
Yes it is very tough, depends ALOT of memorization - took me forever to beat it straight up back in high school. Then .. my suitemate in college showed me how to make it much easier (not EASY). The best ability is the one that makes you spin your sword when you jump. It practically makes you an invincible death dealing machine. Problem is you *have* to jump, therefore you run out of power really fast and can't use it - you don't want to do it every time you jump, just on things like the eagles in chapter five and on bosses. Well, if you hold DOWN on the D-pad when you jump attack it won't use the spin and you can save them up for the tough spots. Eagles die easily. Bosses get shredded. I watched him take out both forms of Jaquio is seconds.

Instruction manuals used to leave out all sorts of details like this. I played Megaman 1 for weeks before I knew he could use boss powers. It mentioned you gained power from enemies, but never mentioned how to use it. I got all the way to the first Wily boss, and let me tell you Elecman was HARD with the buster. Then I went to the bathroom and paused it, accidentally hit up - and when I got back Megaman was orange and red. Hey, a bug I thought - then I fired and WHOA.

The Amazon Instant Video app is almost as frustrating as Ninja Gaiden...

You have to use the gamepad, can't use a controller.  If you accidentally bump a shoulder button, you're fast-forwarding or rewinding, and good luck trying to figure out where you were.  And then it constantly freezes the system, necessitating one to hold down the power button for a hard power off.

(The Wii U menu screen is annoying, too.  Put the gamepad down, accidentally on a trigger button, and your screen flies to the left or right.)

Cranky today.

The Amazon Instant Video app is almost as frustrating as Ninja Gaiden...
Has Amazon made any decent Instant Video apps? The one on my TV is just bad, despite tons of people begging for them to release an Android app they refuse to, it's like they want people to not be able to enjoy having Amazon Prime...

For the Super Indie Connection Sale, can I buy a lower priced game, such as Spin the Bottle, and get 60% off all other games?  Currently, I only own Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back