Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, but nothing right now for this sale. Only thing the WiiU has access to is the Wii VC release.
Yeah i was talking about the Star Fox 64 on the Wii VC store. For some reason i thought it would be on sale haha. I am new to the Wii U, do they ever offer any discounts on the N64 games from the Wii VC?

Yeah i was talking about the Star Fox 64 on the Wii VC store. For some reason i thought it would be on sale haha. I am new to the Wii U, do they ever offer any discounts on the N64 games from the Wii VC?
No. They don't do anything with regards to the Wii VC besides the discounts you get to rebuy VC titles for Wii U. The Wii VC only had one sale in the entirety of its run and that was a Sega sale.

In for Tropical Freeze and Amazing Mirror.

FYI Tropical Freeze currently trades in to Best Buy for $27 for anyone looking to convert to digital. While I hate Nintendo's digital distribution, I do like having less stuff.
Same.

While I also hate Nintendo's DD is locked to the system instead of the account, my need for less physical clutter in my life is stronger.

Awesome, can't wait to try out the update. Heard that you can also disable certain apps from appearing on the quick start menu which should also be helpful.

Now if only Nintendo updated the activity log to be as detailed as the 3DS app, that would be fantastic. 

Man, that update took so long I walked away after an hour and forgot about the WiiU last night. Like 18 hours later I get up this morning and it's still on and only notice because I hear the fan. Whole time it was sitting there it was just saying press OK to restart the system instead of just doing it so and activating the system auto off. Guess that's too much to ask when an update to add folders takes two hours to install.

Mine is on automatic and it still took ages.  I saw the yellow light on.  I thought, oh, it's checking for updates in the morning.  That's odd.  Didn't hear the hard drive, though, so just left it.  A few hours later, still on.  I thought, hm, wonder what it's doing.  I noticed my gamepad was dead after having been unplugged for a week (amazing the battery can go from full to dead in a week, but I guess it's turning on and off or something... I'm sure that's great for the battery... and I'm sure all the gamepad batteries we'll go through will be great for the planet).

Anyway, I turned it on, and it didn't tell me anything, so I went to downloads and saw it was about half way through downloading an update.  Been on all morning and only half done?  I left it, and eventually it was done.  It said it had to reboot, so I held down the gamepad power button.  Pad turned off, system stayed on.  Turned pad back on.  It was still on the screen.  Tried turning system off.  Wouldn't turn off.  Held the button down.

Rebooted.  I get a message saying yeah, don't turn it off that way.

And there was nothing anywhere about an update.  So I had to go to the system menu and check for updates and download it from the beginning again.  This time, it downloaded properly, then sat on the "must restart" screen for ages until I restarted.

All that effort and have not bothered to fiddle with folders yet.

It must have been downloading it to my system memory, because I didn't hear the external HDD whirring at all.  Strange because it seems to always download everything to my external HDD no matter what, and it seems to always spin my external HDD every time the system turns itself on.  I guess I could just flip the power switch on my drive to turn it off, but then I have to turn it on when I turn on the Wii U.

Boy, this was a long, rambly, pointless post.  So productive.

Well yeah, it only took two hours not eight. ;)
You also have to realize, if you hit it during the peak, your being throttled by other users, I started mine at 6pm and it took almost 2 hours, I have very fast internet. that being said, I'll probably turn on auto update on mine, since apparently, it auto sends me ads anyways...

Why is the eShop playing electric guitar Zelda music?

Any thoughts on Armillo or Frederic? Both look fairly interesting.

You also have to realize, if you hit it during the peak, your being throttled by other users, I started mine at 6pm and it took almost 2 hours, I have very fast internet. that being said, I'll probably turn on auto update on mine, since apparently, it auto sends me ads anyways...
It's not the download that takes ages, it's the actual installs.

Why is the eShop playing electric guitar Zelda music?

Any thoughts on Armillo or Frederic? Both look fairly interesting.

It's not the download that takes ages, it's the actual installs.
I probably didn't notice when it was doing what then to be honest, just know you're not alone then!

Are you guys all with slow updates performing them via wi-fi (I have a wired connection)?  I'm gonna fire up the wii u tonight to get this done, but I'm a little worried about having this thing on all during the day with the kids walking around in front of the console.

The Zelda music is to promote Hyrule Warriors.

The standby mode communicating with the Gamepad is super annoying. The system could download updates easily without engaging a wireless controller but Nintendo envisions you leaving the Gamepad on the charging stand, coming home, and seeing updates or promotions. The only alternative is to turn off standby mode, but then updates will not download automatically.

[quote name="johnnypark" post="12133736" timestamp="1412269042"]Nintendo envisions you leaving the Gamepad on the charging stand, coming home, and seeing updates or promotions.[/quote]

:shrug: exactly what I do.

Here are this week's new deals:

IQ Test - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/16

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.69 - 30% Off - Ends 10/30

Zumba Fitness World Party - $39.99 - 20% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Ends Soon:

Armillo - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 10/6

New Releases:

99Seconds - $2.49

Castlevania Dracula X - SNES - $7.99

Red Riding Hood - $1.00

[quote name="johnnypark" post="12133736" timestamp="1412269042"]The Zelda music is to promote Hyrule Warriors.

The standby mode communicating with the Gamepad is super annoying. The system could download updates easily without engaging a wireless controller but Nintendo envisions you leaving the Gamepad on the charging stand, coming home, and seeing updates or promotions. The only alternative is to turn off standby mode, but then updates will not download automatically.[/quote]

This is what I do. If you don't have the stand you will have to leave the gamepad plugged in all the time.

I am actually fine with the gamepad battery life, I have used it for playing skylanders swap force and I haven't seen it give me any indications of dying. I played for at least 4 hours so I assume it will last 5 hours tops. I keep mine on the cradle all the time.

I'm not seeing the $1.50 upgrade option for Castlevania ROB. Anyone else who has the Wii version not seeing the upgrade option?
Rondo of Blood is a PC Engine game and Castlevania: Dracula X is a remake for SNES, so they're two different games and aren't eligible for the upgrade offer since this is the first appearance of this game on the Virtual Console:

Castlevania: Dracula X, known as Akumajou Dracula XX (悪魔城ドラキュラXX?) in Japan andCastlevania: Vampire's Kiss in Europe, was developed for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. While the plot is similar to Rondo of Blood and it uses many of the latter's graphics, it featured a different art style, redesigned levels, and altered gameplay elements (such as having only two alternate levels and Maria as a nonplayable character). It was released on 21 July 1995 in Japan, in September 1995 in the USA and in Europe. and on 22 June 1996 in Australia as an uncensored release.[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania:_Rondo_of_Blood#Castlevania:_Dracula_X

I'm not seeing the $1.50 upgrade option for Castlevania ROB. Anyone else who has the Wii version not seeing the upgrade option?
Rondo of Blood is a PC Engine game and Castlevania: Dracula X is a remake for SNES, so they're two different games and aren't eligible for the upgrade offer since this is the first appearance of this game on the Virtual Console:

Castlevania: Dracula X, known as Akumajou Dracula XX (悪魔城ドラキュラXX?) in Japan andCastlevania: Vampire's Kiss in Europe, was developed for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. While the plot is similar to Rondo of Blood and it uses many of the latter's graphics, it featured a different art style, redesigned levels, and altered gameplay elements (such as having only two alternate levels and Maria as a nonplayable character). It was released on 21 July 1995 in Japan, in September 1995 in the USA and in Europe. and on 22 June 1996 in Australia as an uncensored release.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania:_Rondo_of_Blood#Castlevania:_Dracula_X

Can anyone recommend Poker Dice Solitaire Future for the 69 cents?  I don't want to fill up my Wii U's hard drive with crap, but I wouldn't pass up much for 69 cents.

Also, being late to the home Internet party, I'm trying to figure out if I can use the Wii E-Shop over Wi-FI on the Wii U since there isn't anywhere to plug in an Ethernet cable on the Wii U.  I still have my Wii but I'm thinking that the games will look better in HD on the Wii U.  I've had a 2000 points Wii Shop card for the longest time that I need to burn.  Thanks.

Also, being late to the home Internet party, I'm trying to figure out if I can use the Wii E-Shop over Wi-FI on the Wii U since there isn't anywhere to plug in an Ethernet cable on the Wii U. I still have my Wii but I'm thinking that the games will look better in HD on the Wii U. I've had a 2000 points Wii Shop card for the longest time that I need to burn. Thanks.
You can use Wi-Fi with the WiiU, yes, but you may have to change security type on your router if you use any. If memory serves correctly, the only type of security I could get my WiiU to recognize was WPA2 (and not WEP or WEP2), but this may vary among routers.

Unrelated: Is Armillo worth $4.99?

Just got my extended life battery... maybe it can go more than 2 hours before recharging now!!
Just got mine too (also from Amazon UK, amazingly fast), and immediately managed to nearly strip the stupid screw. First one came out perfectly, second one is nearly stripped and I need to figure out what to do...

Why does Nintendo need a stupid battery compartment hermetically sealed?!?

Just got mine too (also from Amazon UK, amazingly fast), and immediately managed to nearly strip the stupid screw. First one came out perfectly, second one is nearly stripped and I need to figure out what to do...

Why does Nintendo need a stupid battery compartment hermetically sealed?!?
Use a flat-head screwdriver? The ones that fix reading glasses should work. I played hyrule warriors for an hour and a half last night and i still have 4 bars of charge left.

[quote name="Querjek" post="12134780" timestamp="1412298850"]You can use Wi-Fi with the WiiU, yes, but you may have to change security type on your router if you use any. If memory serves correctly, the only type of security I could get my WiiU to recognize was WPA2 (and not WEP or WEP2), but this may vary among routers.

Unrelated: Is Armillo worth $4.99?[/quote]

Using wpa2 is a good idea anyway. Only downside is it won't work with ds lites.

I don't use the stand, but I leave mine plugged in almost constantly.
I didn't want to use the stand because I wanted to be able to plug it in on the couch if it ever started to die during a long gaming session. (Hasn't happened yet, so maybe I should try to find my stand.) However, it's not particularly good for lithium-ion or lithium-polymer batteries to stay plugged in all the time. In fact, it's about the worst thing you can do for them. When plugged in, they deplete a little, then fill back up, over and over, in order to avoid exploding. Thus, you are depleting your battery without even using it. However, what I do now, leave it unpluged, let it (rather rapidly) die entirely, then plug it in and charge it all the way back up, is not good for a lithium-ion battery either. Can't win. I guess I should just plug it in all the time and accept it will eventually have terrible battery life and will need to stay plugged in always, or get a new crappy battery and repeat the process.

Maybe I should just turn off the notifications since I'm sure that's why the battery constantly depletes, even when I rarely turn on the Wii U.

Also, being late to the home Internet party, I'm trying to figure out if I can use the Wii E-Shop over Wi-FI on the Wii U since there isn't anywhere to plug in an Ethernet cable on the Wii U. I still have my Wii but I'm thinking that the games will look better in HD on the Wii U. I've had a 2000 points Wii Shop card for the longest time that I need to burn. Thanks.
I'm baffled by this question. If your Wii U works fine wirelessly over wi-fi, why wouldn't the Wii mode and Wii shop channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back