Wii U poor sales confirmed BY NINTENDO! Blasterman poor troll confirmed BY BLASTERMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to do one about Nintendo partnering with Apple or going software only but internet April Fool's sucks.
There's no one to laugh at you for being dumb.

[quote name='elessar123']Still wouldn't buy, which is not a joke.[/QUOTE]

Same. They could drop the price all they want but until there are some AAA games for the WiiU that you can't play anywhere else (Nintendo exclusives) then there is no reason to buy one.

W7gu4Wm.jpg

[quote name='Blaster man']Wii U price drop!
april-fools-day-9-290x300.gif
[/QUOTE]

you motherfucking son of a bitch stupid fucker you should go out and fuck yourself with the garden hose

says the NINTENDO FANBOYS LOL

im waiting for the 99 buck price drop

[quote name='slidecage']you motherfucking son of a bitch stupid fucker you should go out and fuck yourself with the garden hose

says the NINTENDO FANBOYS LOL

im waiting for the 99 buck price drop[/QUOTE]

OMG! It's like an April Fool's wrapped in an April Fool's! Only Blaster man and slidecage could put this together. What are they called again? Shit sandwiches? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what they're called . . . aka the Wii U for me to poop on! NOT! God, I hate April 1st.

[quote name='0GTransFat']so is ther really a price drop or not or is this joke...[/QUOTE]

Ah, no - it is Blaster Man's idea of an April Fool's joke. I will be changing the thread title back soon if he doesn't do it himself.

And yeah, I don't know what is up with slidecage there. He's usually been pretty mild and harmless but it is like he channeled a little bit of IATCG there ;).

[quote name='io']Ah, no - it is Blaster Man's idea of an April Fool's joke. I will be changing the thread title back soon if he doesn't do it himself.

And yeah, I don't know what is up with slidecage there. He's usually been pretty mild and harmless but it is like he channeled a little bit of IATCG there ;).[/QUOTE]

thx 4 clearing it up i got worry 4 a sec :lol:

[quote name='io']Ah, no - it is Blaster Man's idea of an April Fool's joke. I will be changing the thread title back soon if he doesn't do it himself.

And yeah, I don't know what is up with slidecage there. He's usually been pretty mild and harmless but it is like he channeled a little bit of IATCG there ;).[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I plan to change the title before the day ends.

I took slidecage's rant as a joke (as if he was a Nintendo fanboy), I don't think it was delivered well enough though.

When people see that many fucks in a sentence its easy to assume the worst.

I think at this point Nintendo might be just deciding that they're better off holding back games until 4th quarter so they can do well against PS4 and Nextbox. Pikmin doesn't even have an official release date anymore, so I think that and others will be Nintendo's way to make sure they have fairly strong sales against the new machines. (A standard price of $299 for deluxe--with no basic option--would help, and with a bunch of new games I think they'd have a great chance of doing well this Christmas.)

That almost seemed to be what they did with the 3DS as well, there wasn't jack for it for nearly 6 months besides OOT & Ghost Recon and finally quality software started coming out around Christmastime.

[quote name='Deader2818']But, im still right, that game releases will help the console a lot.[/QUOTE]

Of course they do/will. I don't think that fact was ever debated. How many other games are coming that will help?

[quote name='renique46']http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/04/02/satoru-iwata-hubris-versus-western-culture/[/QUOTE]

Good article. I feel Nintendo lost its way starting (at least) with the Wii. The 3DS and Wii U were both bungled products in terms of design. Gimmicks are forced into every product the make these days, ruining their hardware. I'm fairly certain that Iwata will resign this month, once the poor financials are reported for the end of their fiscal year. But I don't see any easy way out of this mess for Nintendo. The Wii U is set in stone; they can't just improve the weak hardware and go forward.

[quote name='Corvin']Couple those with the barren N64 launch window and the WiiU drought and we have 4 straight generations of pathetic launch showings. They should be embarrassed by now.[/QUOTE]

It's really remarkable... they have been doing the same thing with the handhelds too but they always seem to rebound once the core-IP games start showing up. The 3DS was pathetic for almost a year but now it has a nice little library. I guess what it means for me is that I'm no longer compelled to buy a Nintendo system at launch just because it is Nintendo.

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: Ultimate "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."

Couple those with the barren N64 launch window and the WiiU drought and we have 4 straight generations of pathetic launch showings. They should be embarrassed by now.[/QUOTE]

Not disputing the article, but this comment just isnt right.

Take a glance at any of the Nintendo console launches, none of them are particularly awe inspiring. Famicom had just Donkey Kong, SNES had SMW, N64 had Mario 64, Gamecube had Luigi's Mansion, Wii Zelda and Wii Sports, and Wii U has NWSMBU or perhaps Nintendoland.

The Famicom, Gamecube, and now Wii U had games that are polarizing, while the SNES, N64, and Wii had games that were great by most measures.

Of course this doesnt include post launch support (but a glance shows lots of gaps there too).

[quote name='foltzie']Not disputing the article, but this comment just isnt right.

Take a glance at any of the Nintendo console launches, none of them are particularly awe inspiring. Famicom had just Donkey Kong, SNES had SMW, N64 had Mario 64, Gamecube had Luigi's Mansion, Wii Zelda and Wii Sports, and Wii U has NWSMBU or perhaps Nintendoland.

The Famicom, Gamecube, and now Wii U had games that are polarizing, while the SNES, N64, and Wii had games that were great by most measures.

Of course this doesnt include post launch support (but a glance shows lots of gaps there too).[/QUOTE]

He's saying that it doesn't make sense to buy their console at launch (or any console with few games). I think that you're actually agreeing with him.

[quote name='Blaster man']He's saying that it doesn't make sense to buy their console at launch (or any console with few games). I think that you're actually agreeing with him.[/QUOTE]

In a sense, but I did wish to point out launches were "crap" for the original two Nintendo systems.

In fact I think we all can agree, systems at launch tend to suck*. There may be some specific game exceptions, but a glance at Wikipedia shows nothing hits the ground running.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

*Though damn, the Wii U did have a lot of titles at launch. Can't say I found it memorable, but a quick glance shows that I have five launch titles.

It doesn't make sense to buy anything at launch. Books have misprints, devices have flaws, software has bugs. But someone has to.
Meanwhile people are freaking out trying to get into betas and lining up outside electronics stores like Led Zeppelin's playing.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']It doesn't make sense to buy anything at launch. Books have misprints, devices have flaws, software has bugs. But someone has to.
Meanwhile people are freaking out trying to get into betas and lining up outside electronics stores like Led Zeppelin's playing.[/QUOTE]

Some of us like being on the cutting edge. Although I did get that out of my system when it comes to everything except for games a while back.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Good article. I feel Nintendo lost its way starting (at least) with the Wii. The 3DS and Wii U were both bungled products in terms of design. Gimmicks are forced into every product the make these days, ruining their hardware. I'm fairly certain that Iwata will resign this month, once the poor financials are reported for the end of their fiscal year. But I don't see any easy way out of this mess for Nintendo. The Wii U is set in stone; they can't just improve the weak hardware and go forward.[/QUOTE]

There's a tacit admission among other companies that the dualshock 2 and nice graphics are not selling enough.
-sixaxis
-Kinect
-Move
-3D games for ps3 and pc (sterescopic, anaglyph)
-vita's front and back touchscreen
-ps4's tiny touchscreen
-motion controllers/kinect for pc
-smartglass
-using vita as ps3 controller
-subscriptions like xbox live and ps+
-DLC
-multiplayer tacked on to everything from uncharted to ninja gaiden

Gimmicks are here to stay

[quote name='Deader2818']When tech starts to hit a wall, what else can you?[/QUOTE]

Bingo

What are the major things we know about the PS4 at this point? Better graphics, cross play for Vita, and share button but let's be honest the biggest aspect will be better graphics (oh, almost forgot better AI, cause I know there'll be a complaint I missed that...) For that honor, what will we pay? $400-500

Gimmicks or not, at least Nintendo is trying to bring something new to the table rather than just better graphics. I'm just so tired of OMFG GRAPHICS ARE SO GOOD BRO!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='foltzie']Some of us like being on the cutting edge. Although I did get that out of my system when it comes to everything except for games a while back.[/QUOTE]

Ashamed HD-DVD adopter here. Bought my player for $500 in 2006. Sold my player on Craigslist in 2012 for $20.

[quote name='Blaster man']Ashamed HD-DVD adopter here. Bought my player for $500 in 2006. Sold my player on Craigslist in 2012 for $20.[/QUOTE]

For $20, you should have just kept it as a monument to remember your shame.

[quote name='scottman']For $20, you should have just kept it as a monument to remember your shame.[/QUOTE]

Not worth it. The thing was as big as a tank. Seriously, it was massive and heavy. When trying to use it the start up time (I had the first model ever made) was over a minute long from the time you hit power to the time you could see anything on screen or even eject the tray. This was after I got the newest firmware on the thing too. It used to take a good three minutes to boot up.

I went through and sold all the disks I had for it that I could sell. There were a couple left that I gave for free to the guy that bought the player. $20 bought us some pizza that night. I turned my HD-DVD player into pizza.

You would think with all that cash they were printing around 08/09 they would have used the money to open up some internal studios to help make more games or to help free up the other main studios so that they could possibly make something else or a brand new ip ( who am i kidding). How long have people been asking for some sort of update to earthbound ffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of the development as of recent has been on the 3DS side of things.

I remember people complaining that the 3DS had no games for the longest time and now it has so many good games you can't play them all fast enough.

Even this year there is a truck load of more games coming out for the system.

I'm hoping Nintendo shifts its focus from the 3DS to the Wii U now that the 3DS game library is stacked.

Luckily Monster Hunter has kept me completely satisfied (have barely touched any of my other games or consoles since I picked the game up).

As far as HD-DVD, I feel you on that. Mine is a giant heavy rock sitting behind my TV. I should really sell it, but it would hurt too much to get peanuts for it. Maybe it will get rare in 10 years? ;) Not a chance. :p

Yeah I getcha but like renique said, expansion could've been a boon and helped with the many software droughts. Now they're doing odd stuff like merging (closing) offices because they can't seem to manage across time zones.

Technically Wii Sports/Wii Fit were new IPs and so was Xenoblade, but they seem more interested in branding things after seeing gameplay concepts than saying "what can we do with this character?"

The probability of me buying a Wii U at a higher price point increases as the Xbox "online only" and "no used game" stuff begins to materialize. It's starting to look like this gen will be PS4/Wii U for me. Obviously I'll wait till the unveiling like everyone else but when you've got an insider making those statements it seems likely that the rumors are true.

Of course the rumors could be true and they could back down after all the negativity.

If Gamestop runs a good trade in promotion towards the PS4, I see myself dusting off my Wii U for a well earned good riddance to Nintendo home consoles this gen(still slighter bitter about the Wii). If the machine does well a few years down the line, great, I can always re-buy it and at a cheaper price when it has games. Right now though, I'm very bitter by the complete lack of support and silence from Nintendo. They need an ambassador program for early Wii U adopter NOW.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']If Gamestop runs a good trade in promotion towards the PS4, I see myself dusting off my Wii U for a well earned good riddance to Nintendo home consoles this gen(still slighter bitter about the Wii). If the machine does well a few years down the line, great, I can always re-buy it and at a cheaper price when it has games. Right now though, I'm very bitter by the complete lack of support and silence from Nintendo. They need an ambassador program for early Wii U adopter NOW.[/QUOTE]

...wait, why did you buy the console in the first place if there weren't games you wanted to play for it?

[quote name='Chris in Cali']If Gamestop runs a good trade in promotion towards the PS4, I see myself dusting off my Wii U for a well earned good riddance to Nintendo home consoles this gen(still slighter bitter about the Wii). If the machine does well a few years down the line, great, I can always re-buy it and at a cheaper price when it has games. Right now though, I'm very bitter by the complete lack of support and silence from Nintendo. They need an ambassador program for early Wii U adopter NOW.[/QUOTE]

hey, welcome to buying any system at launch!

Yeah if I were you I'd sell your Wii U (if you can get a reasonable amount back) until there are games that you want to play on the system.

I did the same thing with my Vita and have no regrets. Maybe a year or two from now I'll pick up a Vita again at a much discounted price and larger selection of games that I want to play.

Way to live up to your user title, there. I'm pretty sure the VC thing is the ambassador program. Not sure why they need the 30 cents, Visa's probably getting most of it. It's very much a "seriously, don't sell your Wii U until Super Metroid comes out." The titles could be better (and include some n64 stuff), but Ice Climbers etc weren't exactly stellar prizes.

[quote name='Blaster man']The probability of me buying a Wii U at a higher price point increases as the Xbox "online only" and "no used game" stuff begins to materialize. It's starting to look like this gen will be PS4/Wii U for me. Obviously I'll wait till the unveiling like everyone else but when you've got an insider making those statements it seems likely that the rumors are true.

Of course the rumors could be true and they could back down after all the negativity.[/QUOTE]

I take it you don't remember beta testers/analysts/etc. telling Microsoft that Windows 8 was a terrible idea. And that the new Office DRM restriction (1 computer) was a terrible idea. Microsoft doesn't listen to anyone, and they most certainly don't back down.

[quote name='maximumzero']...wait, why did you buy the console in the first place if there weren't games you wanted to play for it?[/QUOTE]
I'm fairly certain the only reason ChrisinCali buys any video game system is so he has something to bitch about. This isn't the first time I've seen him bitching about a new console that he bought. In fact, I'm fairly certain I remember him going on some long diatribe in the past (prior to Wii u launch) about how he's never touching a Nintendo product again.

[quote name='Deader2818']hey, welcome to buying any system at launch![/QUOTE]

Bingo, we're less than 5 months from launch of this thing, people just have no patience these days anymore. They want it right now, they want all the best games for the system at launch. That, and people like to go to the internet to bitch about anything and everything...

[quote name='KingBroly']I take it you don't remember beta testers/analysts/etc. telling Microsoft that Windows 8 was a terrible idea. And that the new Office DRM restriction (1 computer) was a terrible idea. Microsoft doesn't listen to anyone, and they most certainly don't back down.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't really keep up with Windows development and betas. Windows just doesn't excite me. IMO Win 8 is pretty bad, my dad got a laptop with it recently...it was his first computer ever. If they had a start menu on the desktop that would have helped a lot. Looking for control panel is a pain in the ass.

I get your point though, they don't necessarily listen to customer demands and that really is a good point. Only time will tell though.

[quote name='Blaster man']No, I don't really keep up with Windows development and betas. Windows just doesn't excite me. IMO Win 8 is pretty bad, my dad got a laptop with it recently...it was his first computer ever. If they had a start menu on the desktop that would have helped a lot. Looking for control panel is a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Get "Classic Shell" (free) for him - it adds a Start Menu to the desktop and brings up the Desktop on startup (and is fully customizable). Now if I could only get rid of those apps that revert back to the Windows 8-style panels or whatever the hell they are called. There's nothing more annoying than trying to read a PDF file or watch a video and have it suck up the whole screen when I'm trying to multitask. My HD monitor is not a fucking touch-screen tablet you MS bastards ;).

Yeah, I don't like the Wii U menu load times, but, sheesh, that is just for playing games. MS is screwing with my work (and home project) productivity here with my computer!

[quote name='io']Get "Classic Shell" (free) for him - it adds a Start Menu to the desktop and brings up the Desktop on startup (and is fully customizable). Now if I could only get rid of those apps that revert back to the Windows 8-style panels or whatever the hell they are called. There's nothing more annoying than trying to read a PDF file or watch a video and have it suck up the whole screen when I'm trying to multitask. My HD monitor is not a fucking touch-screen tablet you MS bastards ;).

Yeah, I don't like the Wii U menu load times, but, sheesh, that is just for playing games. MS is screwing with my work (and home project) productivity here with my computer![/QUOTE]

I love buying products and then installing third party apps to make them usable. Microsoft is awesome.

To be fair to Microsoft, they know that the desktop market is shrinking and that the tablet market is growing so they had to make a change, as great as Windows 7 is. If they were to be honest, they'd probably say that Windows 8 isn't that good but that they needed to make a change to have a chance for Windows 9 and going forward to still be relevant.

As for the Office DRM thing, they don't want people buying Office anymore, they want people doing the annual subscription so they get money from people every year.

I have no interest in either Windows 8 or Office (personally I think 99% of people would be perfectly fine with one of the free Office clones) but I can see why they did what they did.

I really hope Best Buy doesnt go under. Won't get anymore sales on Amazon if they do.

Also, shouldnt this be its own thread? This is pretty off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back