Wii U Price drop Sept. 20th/Pre-Order Now

Cindaddy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Price drop September 20th to $299 for deluxe. Nintendo calls this a "limited edition" bundle.

Bundle includes:
  • Zelda Windwaker HD digital download
  • Free Hyrule Historia Book (Digital)
  • Gamepad is Zelda themed
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23041]

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/372742703701696512/photo/1

*Bundle does not include Nintendoland. It is NOT Gamestop exclusive.

GS Pre-Order:Here

Best Buy Pre-Order http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Wii+U+Deluxe+-+The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+The+Wind+Waker+Bundle/1654001.p?id=1219058301134&skuId=1654001&st=zelda%20wii%20u%20bundle&cp=1&lp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait..that 2DS thing was real???!!!
Honestly thought it was an Onion parody or something, I mean who goes BACK a number to represent a new product? Well actually the Xbox One too.

The 3DS is a good platform and the idea of a 2DS itself isn't bad, but that form factor..does not work for me. Clamshell is great (GBA SP, every other DS), not so sleek but protective. I like bar design too (original GBA, PSP, Vita, Smartphones), they are sleeker and more compact, and can usually be adequately protected with a screen protector. This weird square slab design just doesn't work for me. Hell if it weren't so square and was wider it would look MUCH better. Or even a slider design, looking at it it would have been perfect for protecting the touch screen.

Walmart.com

BestBuy.com

Target.com

Toysrus.com

NewEgg

Now, it looks like it is true the DSi XL is no longer available in stores (though, it is still available at Walmart.com), but the original DSi is definitely still being sold at stores. At least, it is online.

And even so, DSi or not, I have my doubts about how long Nintendo will keep 3 SKUs for the 3DS. Maybe I am wrong, but if you ask me, I think the original 3DS days are numbered.
So future customers will have to choose between a giant, non-portable system or a system that doesn't feature 3D or a clamshell at all? That seems like a rough choice. :/

Honestly thought it was an Onion parody or something, I mean who goes BACK a number to represent a new product? Well actually the Xbox One too.

The 3DS is a good platform and the idea of a 2DS itself isn't bad, but that form factor..does not work for me. Clamshell is great (GBA SP, every other DS), not so sleek but protective. I like bar design too (original GBA, PSP, Vita, Smartphones), they are sleeker and more compact, and can usually be adequately protected with a screen protector. This weird square slab design just doesn't work for me. Hell if it weren't so square and was wider it would look MUCH better. Or even a slider design, looking at it it would have been perfect for protecting the touch screen.
Nintendo is fuck(ing) with us. The DS is perfect for its design. I do like your idea of a slider system. The 3DS hurts my eyes and I really didn't want to get one. (At least not for the 3D). So for me, the 2DS is good. The 2DS has this small screen (regular DS size ) which should automatically let us know that a 2DS XL is coming. The big question is what is the purpose of a 2DS when you can simply turn off the 3D effect on the 3DS and 3DS XL.

The only reason I want to get a wii u is to get some of the games that it has & some of the titles that that wii itself has. 

I feel that it gives me that extra push to go ahead and buy one since I have a fair number of wii games.

Really... Why would I buy a "next gen" console that was made to compete with "current gen" consoles? All the big AAA multi-platform releases will end up playing like they do on the Wii. That is, if they can even be played on it at all.

Really... Why would I buy a "next gen" console that was made to compete with "current gen" consoles? All the big AAA multi-platform releases will end up playing like they do on the Wii. That is, if they can even be played on it at all.
I ask that very same question why I am keeping my PS4 preorder when my PC can do it so much better...

wii u is obviously not for you, great having you stop by tho!

Maybe because you cant play first party nintendo games anywhere else?Cant wait for smash bros.

yeah the way its looking alot of multiplats are skipping the wii u.

Wait..that 2DS thing was real???!!!
I saw it on ABC News' Tech Bites segment on the morning news today, so it's confirmed. That said, I have a 3DS but I'll probably buy one. I'm probably in the minority, but I like the design. I don't ever take my 3DS out of the house, so I don't need it to fold down. And my 3DS hasn't been touched in several months. I might actually use the 2DS more.

when is the last time a home nintendo console had real third party support anyway? SNES?
i would say GC. it didnt get the rockstar games, but they got good games like timesplitters, metal arms & hitman. not too much skipped GC on the multiplat front. im personally only buying nintendo made games on my wii u & in the long run thats worth it.

i would say GC. it didnt get the rockstar games, but they got good games like timesplitters, metal arms & hitman. not too much skipped GC on the multiplat front. im personally only buying nintendo made games on my wii u & in the long run thats worth it.
I honestly think it's SNES. Nintendo set the bar with the NES and SNES had a flood of games, even if the quality ratio was poor. Sony kept that level of support with the PS1 and PS2 until development got so expensive bad that everyone went multiplatform.

I'm jumping on this price drop for the Zelda bundle though, backwards compatibility and price are enough for me to get this for the exclusives alone. I'll get a PS4 at launch if I can afford it but I'm looking forward to finally playing Pikmin.

$40 for a digital code? Dream on. Retail copies sell for $50. Plus what was stated above.
You would be surprised.

Nintendo is pushing digital games. Having said that if you buy a system with a game already pre installed maybe that would push you to get more digital games? There is something to it. A lot of people are scared of new ideas in tech but after being forced it may change their mind.
I don't think they're pushing digital games as much as they're going the cheap route. It's a lot easier to throw some data on the system than the pack in a copy you can sell / trade in. However, I think the old EU CN was pushing digital games in the way you were suggesting, but that never came to the US. If you never saw / forgot, you basically had to buy and reg X or Y games and you would get a digital copy of any of said games for free. They were all highly popular titles like Animal Crossing / Monster Hunter, so it was a fairly good deal.

Nintendo is fuck(ing) with us. The DS is perfect for its design. I do like your idea of a slider system. The 3DS hurts my eyes and I really didn't want to get one. (At least not for the 3D). So for me, the 2DS is good. The 2DS has this small screen (regular DS size ) which should automatically let us know that a 2DS XL is coming. The big question is what is the purpose of a 2DS when you can simply turn off the 3D effect on the 3DS and 3DS XL.
I think the purpose of the 2DS is to save money. It offers people less cost (because of the removed 3D) and they don't have to repair broken joints.

So I guess the general consensus is the 3DS and Wii U are total pieces of shit that should be sold for $50 Bucks each and Nintendo should be folding in a few years?
wii u should have been the wii couple years ago when the power of wii u was on par with other systems now it's just being left behind once again just like the wii was just a gamecube with motion gaming.

I disliked the 3D aspect of the 3DS and didn't want to pay for it, so if holding the system is comfortable, has good battery life, and a good bundle comes out around Christmas time I might pick up the 2DS.

deader2818

No, we have this discussion because you have trolls that like to make stupid comments.

says a guy that trolls on x1 forum all the time

Why the heck would Nintendo announce a price drop about a month in advance? Usually when companies do this, the price drop is effective immediately. They cant expect people to actually buy their system now in the next month and there goes those sales

Timbo did we not just have a talk about not making personal attacks on people? Did you not also whine about people bringing up things about you in another thread that has nothing to do with the thread on hand? Stop complaining when people do it to you then turn around and do it yourself.

As far as "trolling" the xbox one thread, no, I don't do that. I discuss the system there and just because its not always agreeing with you does it mean im "trolling". Perhaps you should learn what the word means before using it.

you said splinter cell and a.C look so much better on wii u then 360/ps3 and that is false i have game for wii u and 360 and the wii u version for me looks less smooth
Im sorry but I tend to believe experts in the field over you. I know frame rate issues are on splinter cell due to porting and ubisoft is already on top of fixing it but graphically its better.

Why would you buy two of the same game for two different systems at launch?

Timbo did we not just have a talk about not making personal attacks on people? Did you not also whine about people bringing up things about you in another thread that has nothing to do with the thread on hand? Stop complaining when people do it to you then turn around and do it yourself.

As far as "trolling" the xbox one thread, no, I don't do that. I discuss the system there and just because its not always agreeing with you does it mean im "trolling". Perhaps you should learn what the word means before using it.
plz explain what people are trolling here? we are also talking about wii u so no one is trolling in your mind then why did you call them trolls?

plz explain what people are trolling here? we are also talking about wii u so no one is trolling in your mind then why did you call them trolls?
no comment on the first part or saying sorry for doing it?

One guy was clearly trolling because he just kept the same one line to try and anger people.

lol everything you say is what so called "experts" say why don't you play those games on both systems to judge for your self before using what you read on the internet as truth.

I have seen it with my own eyes with screen shots and videos. Using your logic then I have no reason to believe you.

Lens of Truth, with evidence, says that the Wii U version is as good as, if not a bit better than, the Xbox 360 version of Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Conclusion: In the end we feel the overall better experience belongs to the Wii U. Although, the load times were much longer on the Wii U and the PlayStation 3 textures were slightly more detailed throughout, we still feel that due to the superior performance of the Wii U version not having any screen tearing and texture resolution almost on par with the PlayStation 3, the overall better experience was on the Wii U. Below are the videos for the Wii U, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 analysis.
It's not some random comment, it's an entire webpage with detailed evidence. I don't know how much more you need.

I'll hold off. Most likely this will be like the Wii - a Zelda playing machine that mostly collects dust.
If the Wii was a Zelda playing machine that collected dust to you, honestly I wouldn't even bother with the Wii U.

The Wii had such a stellar library that if you couldn't find a good dozen or so games to play by the end of its lifespan you just have to admit that it's not the library that's the problem, it might be your taste in games.

deader2818
No, we have this discussion because you have trolls that like to make stupid comments.

says a guy that trolls on x1 forum all the time

I don't think Deader has been trolling in the X1 forum. To the X1 fans, it's become a sensitive issue whenever debates are being brought up in that thread. There's always going to be some apprehension whenever people aren't going "rah rah" about the Xbox in an Xbox forum.

I bought a Wii U at at launch and am still holding onto it, but if I didn't have one already I wouldn't waste my money right now.  Wait a year until there's actually a library.  Spend your money on the PS4 or XBOX One. Yes I know their libraries won't be huge, but you're getting a real next-gen system.

I bought a Wii U at at launch and am still holding onto it, but if I didn't have one already I wouldn't waste my money right now. Wait a year until there's actually a library. Spend your money on the PS4 or XBOX One. Yes I know their libraries won't be huge, but you're getting a real next-gen system.
You do realize that doesn't make a lick of sense right? You just said don't buy the Wii U because there isn't a good library of software but then you go on to recommend two consoles that will have even less of a library. (Comparatively at launch, before someone argues semantics.)

If hinges and 3d effects are being traded for better button placement, improved battery life and $50, then the 2ds seems like a pretty good value proposition.

If the Wii was a Zelda playing machine that collected dust to you, honestly I wouldn't even bother with the Wii U.

The Wii had such a stellar library that if you couldn't find a good dozen or so games to play by the end of its lifespan you just have to admit that it's not the library that's the problem, it might be your taste in games.
if he bought a wii just for zelda why would he eventually by a wii u for the same reason? if he likes zelda enough to buy a system he's validated. i know a guy who bought a wii just for smash. he never bought another game & he's doing the same for smash u when it releases. so what's you're problem with that?

Lens of Truth, with evidence, says that the Wii U version is as good as, if not a bit better than, the Xbox 360 version of Splinter Cell Blacklist.

It's not some random comment, it's an entire webpage with detailed evidence. I don't know how much more you need.
you might as well post this one too then just to be fair

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-splinter-cell-blacklist-face-off

conclusion:

"the Wii U's lower frame-rates, patience-testing loading screens and occasional freezing issues can't be ignored either, meaning we'd advise caution before buying this version. It feels rushed to market in these respects, and until a worthy patch arrives, the contest must be narrowed down to PS3 and 360 - a stalemate that itself can only be broken via your preference for either visual fidelity or performance."

You do realize that doesn't make a lick of sense right? You just said don't buy the Wii U because there isn't a good library of software but then you go on to recommend two consoles that will have even less of a library. (Comparatively at launch, before someone argues semantics.)
ps4/x1 might have same issue wii u is having most games people want to play are on systems they already have. I can't remember the last time we had a new system launch that almost all their games are coming out for the last gen of systems also.

Money and lots of it. It drops in time for Pokemon. Get a Pokemon and 2DS for less than $200 after tax if you live in the states. Nintendo has already won holiday 2013.
ok9wxz.jpg

If hinges and 3d effects are being traded for better button placement, improved battery life and $50, then the 2ds seems like a pretty good value proposition.
Removal of the 3D gimmick alone makes the 2DS a better option; now they just need to come up with a 2DS XL, because those old tiny regular 3DS-sized screens are just too small in this day and age.

ps4/x1 might have same issue wii u is having most games people want to play are on systems they already have. I can't remember the last time we had a new system launch that almost all their games are coming out for the last gen of systems also.
The Xbox 360 and PS3 launch had a similar issue. At least half of the Xbox 360's launch titles also appeared on the Xbox and PS2.

Removal of the 3D gimmick alone makes the 2DS a better option; now they just need to come up with a 2DS XL, because those old tiny regular 3DS-sized screens are just too small in this day and age.
I think the screens are fine. If they went with the XL-sized screens the casing would have to be humongous.

I think the screens are fine. If they went with the XL-sized screens the casing would have to be humongous.
Yes, it would be a lot larger; a good bit bigger than a standard 7" tablet, and less portable, but the regular 2DS doesn't look at that portable either. Personally I have no problem putting a system into a padded, zippered carrying case like the one I use for my new Nexus 7. It's portable enough and well protected if you have a decent case. But the larger ~5" screens would make the games better, just like they did for the 3DS XL.

I think the only thing that is Gamestop exclusive is the WW HD standalone game with the Ganondorf figurine, the Wii U console bundle should be more readily available elsewhere.

bread's done
Back