Wii U.S. Launch Date Contest [pimpinc333 is our WEINER!!!!]

Oh My!!! And we have our first disqualification! KABUKISTAR next time read the rules before posting. you are out of the contest. No other member may change their date either! you do, you get disqualified.

OP you might as well close this because all possible choices have been picked. Everyone before 10/15 and after 11/24 have no chance. ALso you might want to alter the thread title to reflect this.

This choice will be the winner in the end:

11/11/06 - SaMiDaDrAgOn

Yeah this is fucking lame ass contest. You should have as many people as they want pick the same date and then just pick their names out of the hat to see who gets the game.

[quote name='David85']Yeah this is fucking lame ass contest. You should have as many people as they want pick the same date and then just pick their names out of the hat to see who gets the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one person per date is pretty lame. That only lets like the first 10 or so people have a good chance, since they took the most educated guesses.

[quote name='neudog']OP you might as well close this because all possible choices have been picked. Everyone before 10/15 and after 11/24 have no chance. ALso you might want to alter the thread title to reflect this.

This choice will be the winner in the end:

11/11/06 - SaMiDaDrAgOn[/quote]

i say keep it open. and let folks choose.. who to say nintendo cant change there mind.. and push everything back a bit further...

so i hope this dont get closed...

[quote name='David85']Yeah this is fucking lame ass contest. You should have as many people as they want pick the same date and then just pick their names out of the hat to see who gets the game.[/quote]

Good point, but there's no way to verify with you guys that this is a total random drawing. Let's say the correct date was chosen by multiple people. I do the random drawing, and I pick "CAGmemberXXX", it is guaranteed that I'm going to get flamed by others that this contest was rigged or whatnot just because they didn't get chosen.

Yeah the rules suck, but it comes down to one thing. If you don't like it, don't participate.

[quote name='musicnoteless']If you don't like it, don't participate.[/QUOTE]No kidding. I don't get why people bitch when someone offers free stuff.

The OP is offering the prize, therefore the OP makes the rules. Also, if multiple people could choose the same date what would be stopping everyone from waiting a few more days, getting more info and making a more educated guess. Guessing early is a calculated risk, so you deserve to be the only one with your date.

[quote name='Strell']Oh yea? Well I'll make my own contest! With blackjack! And hookers!

In fact, forget the contest and blackjack![/quote]

*insert army of darkness quote*

Prizes are updated.

[quote name='Mario64']i say keep it open. and let folks choose.. who to say nintendo cant change there mind.. and push everything back a bit further...

so i hope this dont get closed...[/QUOTE]

I never said close the thread, now I do think it would be a good thing to have a start and end date. If any of you here honestly believe that the launch will be before 10/15 or after 11/24 you're smoking some great shit in a dark cave. By no means was I trying to bash/attack the OP, i think it is great when members are willing to give away there stuff, but in any contest there must be stricter parameters than just "Only one date per member".

Thanks OP for the contest and don't take my input the wrong way. I just agree slightly with alongx:
[quote name='alongx']Yeah, one person per date is pretty lame. That only lets like the first 10 or so people have a good chance, since they took the most educated guesses.[/QUOTE]

You sort of limit this large community, but maybe your plan was to reward those who found your thread first. It is your contest, with your rules, but compared to other contests you don't allow the entire community to participate which sort of sucks.

[quote name='neudog']I never said close the thread, now I do think it would be a good thing to have a start and end date. If any of you here honestly believe that the launch will be before 10/15 or after 11/24 you're smoking some great shit in a dark cave. By no means was I trying to bash/attack the OP, i think it is great when members are willing to give away there stuff, but in any contest there must be stricter parameters than just "Only one date per member".

Thanks OP for the contest and don't take my input the wrong way. I just agree slightly with alongx:

You sort of limit this large community, but maybe your plan was to reward those who found your thread first. It is your contest, with your rules, but compared to other contests you don't allow the entire community to participate which sort of sucks.[/quote]

none taken. It's my first contest, and it definately won't be my last. I'll take these criticisms into consideration for the next contest tho.

[quote name='musicnoteless']none taken. It's my first contest, and it definately won't be my last. I'll take these criticisms into consideration for the next contest tho.[/QUOTE]

Every first attempt is a learning lesson, at least you're willing to make the first attempt. Good luck with the contest and don't take the criticisms of other members the wrong way. Every one wants something free and when they can't obtain it they speak on emotion and not common sense. Also I stick with my choice of Nov. 11th winning this.

bread's done
Back