Wii U Wind Waker Bundle $180 at Kmart (YMMV)

MasterX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
We just marked em down today.

Added PLC list

14726292844_0db2a7d6f5_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha thanks, I don't post here a lot but leak news when I can..... This was me back in 2008, I been with Kmart for years :p

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/06/28/xbox-360-price-cut-coming
Good looks. I've been employed in retail to for a long time, It's painful lol. With Wal-Mart so long, so hard to leak lists when everything is so YMMV for us outside of the rare big markdowns and usually someone leaks before me.

So yeah this list is legit, though how does a game get pennied out lol? I'm sure the employees would be all over that before anything happens.

I checked multiple zip codes (in multiple states) and none of them are in stock of the 3DS or WiiU. Think it is best to just call the store in the morning.

I wouldn't eat any food from kmart, especially made from dogs

I can't find in any store near, when they had the $99 sears event I was told by them to check out kmart

I already have a wii u but I can't decide if it's worth it for a collectible??? I know one store in my area has one, we'll see.

Assuming it scans at the clearance price, do you think I would get the $40 in points if I threw in a copy of MK8 as per the weekly ad? Or do clearance items not count?

Assuming it scans at the clearance price, do you think I would get the $40 in points if I threw in a copy of MK8 as per the weekly ad? Or do clearance items not count?
dam that would be sik

does kmart hold items if u call in

I tried at 7:10 but they said most staff wasn't there yet. Ill try in another ten minutes in my parking lot at work. Phone rang ten times before someone picked up

I dont expect it to be $180 though. That store is in the heart of the h amptons and they march to the beat of their own drum. They have never honored the weekly ad even. I guess because of all the millionaires out there. Things actually dont scan the same price as the sale price! That said they do clearance games there like other locations so maybe. ...

0/3 now. Last 1 left says lady at electronics does come in till 9..
Why bother going to multiple stores when you can have 1 store search every store's inventory using their computers or handscanners? While the website locator may be iffy, the internal network should definitely be a good representation of the current inventory (unless things get stolen)

Why bother going to multiple stores when you can have 1 store search every store's inventory using their computers or handscanners? While the website locator may be iffy, the internal network should definitely be a good representation of the current inventory (unless things get stolen)
I meant calling in, heh

I actually got the one from that Bridgehampton store, it was the last one left, but sure enough it rang up 240..i bought it anyway figuring i could always return it if i didnt want..question to the guy who works for kmart, theres a bunch of stores closer to me, am i able to bring it in one of those stores and price adjust it if they have it as 180?

separate question, those games that have been pennied out or whatever the phrase is, like ninja gaiden and zombie u, what will they ring up as?

separate question, those games that have been pennied out or whatever the phrase is, like ninja gaiden and zombie u, what will they ring up as?
They ring up as out if system I believe. I had someone scan zombie u (it was marked $30), and then he said he had to check about the actual price. He came back and said he could give it to me for $12, to which I passed. Long story short we actually bartered for a bit as if I was in a flea market and I took it for $5. The "pennied out" games are very ymmv.

Basically when they ring the game up it asks for the associate to input the price. Its manager discretion, but from what I was told, stores are supposed to input the price as whatever 80-90% off the SRP is. Sadly with the "competence" of most Kmart employees, they usually tell you that they have to charge either the price of the last sticker on the case, or full SRP.

For example, one store I went to had a 360 Castlevania CE that rang up out of system, the employee told me he had to charge me $60 for it. At the store I went to today, games that were marked $15 from last month's clearance rang up out of system and they input the price on them as $5 each. I definitely complimented this employee after my issue w/ the Castlevania store. He even stated the guy at the Castlevania store should've sold it for no more than $12.

Basically when they ring the game up it asks for the associate to input the price. Its manager discretion, but from what I was told, stores are supposed to sell the game for 80-90% off the SRP. Sadly with the "competence" of most Kmart employees, they usually tell you that they have to charge either the price of the last sticker on the case, or full SRP.

For example, one store I went to had a 360 Castlevania CE that rang up out of system, the employee told me he had to charge me $60 for it. At the store I went to today, games that were marked $15 from last month's clearance rang up out of system and they input the price on them as $5 each.
there no policy they have to that why it ymmv cause techinally the games are supposed to be pulled from shelf and sent back. Usually yea 90% off but like you say it manager discretion how they want to price it at that point since techinally it supposed to be salvaged and sent back anyhow. So if they deny it nothing can be said since it not a actual rule. And plus about 7 months ago many stores got memos from corporate about no longer doing that which is why alot of Kmart clearance is dried up compare to the past

The one K-Mart by me has had a Zelda Wii U Bundle for months! As recent as last week. Of course it's gone when I get there this morning lol. Good luck to all those looking.

Online says my local store has it in stock. Gonna stop by a bit later. Now until July 31st if you buy Mario Kart you get a free game as well. I just looked up online and you can get some old download games like Super Metroid and Super Mario Land, neat I didn't know that. 

I know they don't know everything but at least try to look for the product properly. I call my local store and the girl tells me she doesn't have the Purple 3DS just some of the other colors. I ask about the Zelda WiiU. She comes back and says we only have the Wii U "Mini". She means this.

wii-mini-2.jpg

Called a store an hour away. Guy said someone picked it up "recently" but didn't bother looking as he answered me immediately. If he had it was going to have a friend buy it for me but not worth it. If anyone can get it, can you post your receipt (for the $180 price) and UPC.

After hitting up three stores and leaving empty-handed, I'm inclined to believe this is a cruel social media trick to lure people into K-Mart. 

I actually got the one from that Bridgehampton store, it was the last one left, but sure enough it rang up 240..i bought it anyway figuring i could always return it if i didnt want..question to the guy who works for kmart, theres a bunch of stores closer to me, am i able to bring it in one of those stores and price adjust it if they have it as 180?

You got it today? I called at opening and they said they didnt have it. Glad a cag got it anyway

If they have updated their PLC list then yes, you have 7 days for a price adjustment.
The pennied out games will ask for the cashier to enter a price but most stores do 90% off the MSRP

After hitting up three stores and leaving empty-handed, I'm inclined to believe this is a cruel social media trick to lure people into K-Mart.
Well, I was able to find one... but it was $240. I'm hoping I can get it PM'd in a day or two before I leave on vacation.

After calling up several stores and reading the posts of other CAGers, it seems I might have better luck finding a Bigfoot riding a Unicorn first. 

i called early too, i didnt get a hold of someone until like 8:05 but he went and looked and put it aside for me
Prob got the same guy I did then. He put me on hold to look at about 7:50. Woman came on and asked if I was looking for the wii. She said they dont have it so I went to work rather than tell them I got a flat tire and will be late. Prob better to save that story for another day anyway. Congrats

Prob got the same guy I did then. He put me on hold to look at about 7:50. Woman came on and asked if I was looking for the wii. She said they dont have it so I went to work rather than tell them I got a flat tire and will be late. Prob better to save that story for another day anyway. Congrats
do you remember how you described it to him? the guy i got was like an 80 year old man who didnt really know what was going on. i told him i was looking for the wii u bundle that comes with wind waker, and he came back and said no the only one we have is the mario kart 8 bundle and one that comes with zelda. he mightve done the same to you but just relayed the message thru the woman

I live in a tiny ass beach town in Delaware and I don't think there's a single person who games besides me. I'll check after work tonight. Anybody have any advice on the pennied out stuff? (What to say or whatever) I'm getting ZombiiU if it's under ten dollars and definitely going for Mercenaries and Ninja Gaiden.

bread's done
Back