Wii U Wind Waker Bundle $180 at Kmart (YMMV)

MasterX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
We just marked em down today.

Added PLC list

14726292844_0db2a7d6f5_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
do you remember how you described it to him? the guy i got was like an 80 year old man who didnt really know what was going on. i told him i was looking for the wii u bundle that comes with wind waker, and he came back and said no the only one we have is the mario kart 8 bundle and one that comes with zelda. he mightve done the same to you but just relayed the message thru the woman
Nah the guy I talked to sounded young and knew exactly what the wind waker bundle was. Def different guys then. Prob more calls in ten minutes on a wiiu then they got in a year! Younger guy I talked to almost def sounded like a manager. Is the box in good shape or dinged?

and plus remember how many people doubted the $35 3ds xl at Kmart earlier this year which turned out to be true as well?
I actually scored one of those! Purchased through that partnership website, then drove 20 miles to the nearest K-Mart. The employee was having trouble printing a receipt (had paid online) and had to call a supervisor. I thought FOR SURE he was going to see the paid price and tell me I couldn't have it. But it went through! I don't think they realized I only paid $35 online for it lol.

Then I went to the back and saw a whole gander of pink 3DS XL's market at $199.99. I had an employee take me one out and I took it to the register, hoping to buy another one, but it rang up as $199.99. I told them I didn't want it once I saw it wasn't discounted. They were curious why I suddenly changed my mind, but didn't say anything.

Ended up giving it to my friend for $50. I already owned 3 XL's anyways so...

Nah the guy I talked to sounded young and knew exactly what the wind waker bundle was. Def different guys then. Prob more calls in ten minutes on a wiiu then they got in a year! Younger guy I talked to almost def sounded like a manager. Is the box in good shape or dinged?
honestly the box is literally in perfect shape, not even a dent on it, i was really happy..it sucks you werent able to get one, especially since it sounds like you almost certainly called before i did

Can we get the receipt w/o anything (of course the credit card) marked out. Want to price match it. Not sure if we can though since it just shows "Nintendo" and not the Zelda Bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly the box is literally in perfect shape, not even a dent on it, i was really happy..it sucks you werent able to get one, especially since it sounds like you almost certainly called before i did
No prob at all man I already have the mario/Luigi one. This just would've gone in the other room. Enjoy. How'd you like that traffic in the h amptons this morning? Well I guess if you got there at ten you missed it so even better for you

Can we get the receipt w/o anything (of course the credit card) marked out. Want to price match it. Not sure if we can though since it just shows "Nintendo" and not the Zelda Bundle.
What MasterX posted is all it prints. It doesn't say Zelda bundle or anything else.

No prob at all man I already have the mario/Luigi one. This just would've gone in the other room. Enjoy. How'd you like that traffic in the h amptons this morning? Well I guess if you got there at ten you missed it so even better for you
it was rough, i got there at 10 after 8, it was pretty much right when the store opened. but i left my house at like 7..

if i was to get a price adjustment, would all i need to bring with me is the receipt or do i have to bring the console with me? i dont want to open it if i have to bring it with me

it was rough, i got there at 10 after 8, it was pretty much right when the store opened. but i left my house at like 7..

if i was to get a price adjustment, would all i need to bring with me is the receipt or do i have to bring the console with me? i dont want to open it if i have to bring it with me
Bring everything with you. Keep it sealed. Remember that location can be flaky on this kind of stuff because they dont observe the Kmart Weekly Ads and that is all reflected in the prices at the register. I once bought a Giants shirt in Riverhead that was on sale in the Kmart Ad but bought the wrong size just so I could exchange at a store that had my size. Bridgehampton had it. I go there and cant do an even exchange because they won't honor the sale. My point is that you will almost certainly have to verify the price at that location and get them to do the adjustment since the consoles pricing may be different elsewhere. Bohemia, Riverhead, Farmingville all warned me not to expect the same pricing there as everywhere else. Sucks but by the same token the location has been great for me on clearance games since its far out there and ahem...until now there were no CAGs to compete with there 8-[

You know whats funny..i went to my local kmart, the farmingville one, brought the receipt but not the system, which they said was fine. But they ran the sku and it came up 299.99, is there a reason why? I also called bohemia and gave them the sku over the phone and same thing, 299.99. Whats worse is bridgehampton had both ninja gaiden 3 and zombie u so i could've seen what price theyd give me, but assumed id see them in the farmingville one but no luck..they did say i had 7 days to get the price adjusted..worst case scenario i couldnt be too upset, i still got 60 off the regular price

I dont know why the difference but the manager in bridgehampton once told me that his store and some location in the city have their own pricing and sales. Its in their pos. A lot of cags in the city and they never mentioned their kmart being different so I dont know if that was b.s. or not

I dont know why the difference but the manager in bridgehampton once told me that his store and some location in the city have their own pricing and sales. Its in their pos. A lot of cags in the city and they never mentioned their kmart being different so I dont know if that was b.s. or not
its just funny to me that theyre the only one that actually had it cheaper, unless when you enter the sku in it always comes up 299? ill probably need the op to verify how that works, and if they need to scan the actual console or something instead of just entering a sku

Not going to bother with my Kmart. its too far and I don't even have 192 to spend on a WiiU and I REALLY want one.

I guess i'll just save up and hope for one on craigslist.

Checked two Kmarts in my area and neither had any. I did however pickup Uncharted Golden Abyss for Vita for $10 and Fortune Street for $15 on clearance.

I found a bunch of check shelf-tag games, and when I got the guy the scan them with the handheld scanner to look up the last price he'd look at the screen, look at the ceiling, and say $19.99 on each one.. even the one that had a clearance tag for $16.00 on it which he changed his mind to $16.00. I kind of got the clue that he was lying his ass off and gave up.

KMART IS STILL IN BUSINESS!? How is this possible?!

The nearest kmart to me is 40 miles away, not worth driving out to - ain't nobody got time for that!

Alright, I think we have full confirmation that we were trolled by MasterX, since nobody besides him was able to replicate the deal.
Circumstantial evidence is hardly full confirmation.

I would personally give him the benefit of the doubt and consider this as one of those extremely YMMV deals.

Called my local Kmart again. They gave me BS about not being able to tell if other stores have it w/ the UPC #. Fun note, apparently there are only 23 Kmarts in my state. She was able to look up how many there where, not if they had items in stock based on the UPC.

Called my local Kmart again. They gave me BS about not being able to tell if other stores have it w/ the UPC #. Fun note, apparently there are only 23 Kmarts in my state. She was able to look up how many there where, not if they had items in
stock based on the UPC.
That's BS. We can look up in a 100 mile radius.

I got lucky, it was on layaway and got put back on the floor about a month ago and has been sitting there in the case, people wanted the other bundles, worked out for me!

That's BS. We can look up in a 100 mile radius.

I got lucky, it was on layaway and got put back on the floor about a month ago and has been sitting there in the case, people wanted the other bundles, worked out for me!
Yeah, it's not even that hard to figure out the inventory lookup system either. I taught myself how one day when nobody was around to help.

Found 1 but rang up $299.  Bought it hoping to do a price match but no kmart in the area has it below $299.  Guess I'm out of luck?  Tried 3 stores but they say they don't pricematch other Kmart receipts.  And swear their PLCs are updated....

Damn, somebody put the last one here on Lawaway. Apparently, its been on layaway multiple times and everyone has cancelled so far, so he told me to just keep calling back.

Praying its not a CAG using layaway as means of reserving it.

Alright, I think we have full confirmation that we were trolled by MasterX, since nobody besides him was able to replicate the deal.
He's posted valid deals in the past... it's possible Kmart just no longer has nationwide clearances anymore.

I mean, I found one on clearance for $240 but I don't know if I want to keep it. The only games released thus far that I want to play are Earthbound, WWHD and Super Mario World of those three, I've already played/beaten two of them on past consoles. Played MK8 at a friends place and it really wasn't anything special/new, it was the same old game (MP is fun as hell of course, but it's so hard to play together with friends these days).

I mean, there's a few games on the Wii U I can not wait for (X, Zelda) but those won't be released until 2015. Smash Bros doesn't interest me... blasphemy, I know, but Brawl felt a bit too serious regarding the fighting rather than the fun and it seems like the next one is going to continue that trend.

wouldve been poor me, he only had a 10 minute drive, i drove out from centereach, with traffic was about an hour
Poor Charlie. Kmart clearance is YMMV so I personally didn't think it was worth hunting down. Stores have their own markdown methodology and I would think that if a store doesn't have the bundle in stock, there would be no reason for them to mark down something they don't even need to in the first place. My guess is unless you found another Kmart that had it in stock, there's no chance you'll get a price adjustment within 7 days of purchase.

If you're in the market for one right now, I think you're better off just buying a Nintendo console refurb and finding a Club Nintendo points card from a new MK8 somewhere.

Returned my Windwaker Bundle today.  Couldn't get anyone to pricematch or lower it from $299.  Good luck to anyone else besides OP that got it for $180.  Thought I had a good one. oh well.

I just got back from Kmart and tried to PM but the price pulled up as $299.99, which is higher than what I paid for it. it's really hard to justify keeping this for $240. A lot of time wasted on this... 

I think what happens is that if a store has the item for a certain clearance price and it sells, that price won't drop any further. That's where it stays, even if other stores with stock drop the price even more. 

Found one tagged $240. Didn't scan it cause it had a clearance tag dated 7/22. How would I go about asking to get it for 180?
You're only gonna get it for that price if it scans at that store for that price. Totally depends if your store has it marked down and if so, what it's current mark down/clearance price is.

bread's done
Back