WiiPlay + Remote available on Amazon

pammyspyce

CAGiversary!
I noticed that the WiiPlay/remote combo is available on Amazon.com. It says "In stock soon. Order now to get in line. First come first served." I bit and when I got to the page where I pay it gave me a ship timeframe of Dec 5 - Dec 12. Obviously wrong, but interesing. Just thought I'd pass the info along.

i dont understand are these going to be limited quanities or something? or is it just because wiimotes are hard to come by?

I would agree with you all, but seeing as how people are selling pre-orders for component cables well beyond their worth, they'll take advantage of this too and create a false "hype" for it. Next thing you know, you'll be cursing at yourself for not getting it before a FWer or SDer does.

[quote name='smellytim']i dont understand are these going to be limited quanities or something? or is it just because wiimotes are hard to come by?[/quote]
Expect to see "OMGFFFGG RAreREE WIIIWIWIWRmote + Wii Sports Play PRE-ORDER" for $99 and up on eBay. Watch. Give it a good day or two to spread.

^ It'll be worth more than that to me, I bet. Looking at videos at some of those games, they look freaking fun...billiards especially, that alone will probably make it worth the cash for me.

I'm not going to pre-order it from Amazon (I hate online pre-ordering - why delay what I could pick up in retail if I pre-order there) - so I probably will at EB/GS, just in case it is popular.

but wont there be mass quanities of these? I dont think the wiimote is going to be in high demand forever.

Of course there will be. They will be as available as the one billion PS2, GC, 360 controllers that we see everyday. I don't think Nintendo is under-producing the Wiimote. They probably made them in quantities similar to GC and Xbox 360 ratios. I think they are hard to find because these systems have multiple people playing them, hence the need for more controllers. So good for Nintendo, I guess.

[quote name='Kendro']Of course there will be. They will be as available as the one billion PS2, GC, 360 controllers that we see everyday. I don't think Nintendo is under-producing the Wiimote. They probably made them in quantities similar to GC and Xbox 360 ratios. I think they are hard to find because these systems have multiple people playing them, hence the need for more controllers. So good for Nintendo, I guess.[/QUOTE]

yeah, its kind of weird hearing about all these shortages. guess i'm lucky enough to live in nyc where i was at the nintendo store yesterday and they had tons of nunchucks, wiimotes and classic controllers.

of course like everyone else, BB and CC had like none.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers were similarly hard to find shortly after launch in my area last year, so this isn't unique to Nintendo. I see PS3 controllers all over the place, though, so at least Sony can meet demand in some areas... ;)

[quote name='abilyk']Xbox 360 wireless controllers were similarly hard to find shortly after launch in my area last year, so this isn't unique to Nintendo. I see PS3 controllers all over the place, though, so at least Sony can meet demand in some areas... ;)[/quote]I get the joke, but the reason theres a lot is because theres few ps3s, and most of the bought ps3s are just going straight on ebay.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you have an EB/GS near you, preorder there. That's what I did when I picked up my Wii preorder.[/QUOTE]

I just preordered it today - it was a complete surprise to the manager that it even existed, but he was happy to take my preorder ;). I specifically held off on getting more than 2 remotes (only 1 extra) because I knew this was coming. Now I'm not sure if I'll buy a fourth or wait for some future bundle.

[quote name='lilboo']Can I pre-order it, go buy it from GS and then take the controller out and trade it in? LOL[/QUOTE]

You could trade it in as a used accessory - they'll probably give you $8 for it, I have no idea (can't imagine too many Wiimotes have been traded yet but they must have a price for it). You'd be better off selling it on ebay - you'd probably get $30 or so for it.

That's true. So the Wii Play/Wii Mote is $50 right?

I'll probably get it and sell it to a CAG for like $25 shipped. Hopefully Wii Play is an awesome game for $25.. :)

[quote name='lilboo']That's true. So the Wii Play/Wii Mote is $50 right?

I'll probably get it and sell it to a CAG for like $25 shipped. Hopefully Wii Play is an awesome game for $25.. :)[/quote]
I'd definitely take that offer if you do actually go through with it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'd definitely take that offer if you do actually go through with it.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to wait and see if I can get like.. some sort of deal on it? (Hey this is CAG!) Wether EB/GS has another trade in 3 get extra $10 and I can get a good cut on that and then sell the remote to make Wii Play as cheap as possible for me :)

If it's a pack in game with a controller which essentially is a $10 game, I wonder if it's going to be Wii Sports good, or just something different.. hmmm

ordered one, still have to get a Wii, but am taking advantage of Amazon Prime and the fact that I'm not paying tax on it as well.

I jumped on it.

Only a few dollars more than if I used a GGC at Best Buy and this way I don't have to do any driving to go get it.

Thanks OP!

I bit, it will save me from having to track it down. If anyone is considering Wii Play or not, know that the Shooting game is indeed a blast and a virtual sequel to Duck Hunt (even including the Ducks).

I went ahead and preordered it at GS last week when I picked up NFS:Carbon. Should be some more good times with the multiplayer action.

I wanted to get one later when I had time to shop for more stuff to add (because I always want cheap things that don't add up for free shipping), but now they're gone. :cry: I hope they take more pre-orders...

bread's done
Back