Wiis At Bestbuy On June 24

[quote name='Indiana']The way I see it is that if enough non-gamers have run out and purchased a Wii because of all the hype. We should see a ton of used Wii systems around Christmas 07. I figure many non-gamers will unload them for cash realizing they never play it anymore.

I just don't see many non-gamers owning the system. I see them playing it at a friend's house...but not owning it.[/QUOTE]

The Deal forum isn't for trolling.

The fact that 7 months after release Wii is still hard to find is simply amazing. Is nintendo under producing Wii's or what?

[quote name='eau']The fact that 7 months after release Wii is still hard to find is simply amazing. Is nintendo under producing Wii's or what?[/quote]

Yes. They were not expecting this kind of success. It should be well stocked this holiday.

[quote name='Scrubking']@OP

Good thread. IMO we should have a thread like this that is updated weekly since there is a need for it. Just ignore the assholes.[/quote]
Good Thread? So why not start a thread whenever something is in stock? :roll:

I remember seeing stupid threads in the Videogame dealS section like "Zelda in Stock", " Wii component cables in stock", etc....

I cannot wait to see many "IPHONE in stock" threads... oh yeah, I cannot wait, for the next 6 months, we will have a parade of IPHONE in stock threads... LOVE IT!

Ya a price drop is probably 2 years away at least since they are selling so good at the current price. But I'm still waiting for a price drop or a bundle deal.

[quote name='oasisboy']Good Thread? So why not start a thread whenever something is in stock? :roll:[/quote]

People are having a hard time finding a Wii. Are you saying you don't want this kind of information helping others out? Then as a gamer I have no respect for you. I'd like to see CAG as a community of gamers helping each other, I guess that is a little too much for you to handle.

[quote name='oasisboy']Good Thread? So why not start a thread whenever something is in stock? :roll:

I remember seeing stupid threads in the Videogame dealS section like "Zelda in Stock", " Wii component cables in stock", etc....

I cannot wait to see many "IPHONE in stock" threads... oh yeah, I cannot wait, for the next 6 months, we will have a parade of IPHONE in stock threads... LOVE IT![/quote]As long as it's in the appropriate forum and is something that is hard to come by, I hope we do see that. As the post above says, CAGs helping CAGs (in this case, to buy $600 phones I guess...)

[quote name='super_nerd']People are having a hard time finding a Wii. Are you saying you don't want this kind of information helping others out? Then as a gamer I have no respect for you. I'd like to see CAG as a community of gamers helping each other, I guess that is a little too much for you to handle.[/quote]

Two words: Wii section

This is the Video game DEALS section, not the "in stock section".

Is it too hard for all you to go to the Wii section and make the "In Stock threads"?

[quote name='oasisboy']Two words: Wii section

Is it too hard for all you to go to the Wii section and make the "In Stock threads"?[/quote]

Is it that easy for you to get annoyed by a "hard to get sold out item is in stock" post on the DEALS section?

It does seem like this guy didn't even read the whole thread before posting. This is a deal just like other people said because you can get rewards points for another certificate in Best Buy and you can save yourself a good $50-$100 from buying one in ebay. These things are currently worth more than MSRP.

Is it too hard for all you to go to the Wii section and make the "In Stock threads"?[/quote]That would be even less on topic. That section si for talking about the games and the system itself, not where to buy them. We have a segmented "shopping" forum from the "game discussion" forum for a reason.

Take a deep breath, and then understand that unless you want to petition Cheapy to start a "Hard Things to Find In Stock" subforum, that this section is exactly where a thread like this should go.

Is it too hard for all you to go to the Wii section and make the "In Stock threads"?[/QUOTE]

personally, i don't really spend much time in other sections other than the DEALS section, so i appreciate the notification here

and where i live, they are still impossible to find, so it is a 'deal' to me

if you're not interested in the 'deal', why bother clicking the link to read this thread

I just picked up a Wii at Walmart yesterday (Tuesday 6/19). I walked in and they didnt have any in the case but as I walked by some dude was buying one so I quickly ran over and asked for one. He got one for me. Sometimes they keep them in the back and don't stock the case when they're busy. They said thay got 14 in on Tuesday.

Hope the info helps. Good luck guys!

[quote name='panasonic']if the ps3 and 360 drop price this year you think wii would stay $250?[/quote]

The Wii is so popular right now and still in demand, I highly doubt that Nintendo would drop its price. Simply put, it would be stupid.

Thanks for the post OP. I need to get one for my Bro's bday. Even if the ps3 and 360 DO drop (which they wont since ps3 is not even a year old and 360 came out with elite), the cost of the wii is still rivaled to both of them. Plus, all around generations of people young-old are intrigued since the wii is so interactive and player friendly. Nendo would probably keep it at that price.

Sorry, but a system at MSRP is not a deal. Maybe if it was a limited edition color.

Throw in a free game, controller, or pack of chewing gum and we'll call it a deal!

This stuff should be in the Wii section. :bomb:

[quote name='PaleGreen']Sorry, but a system at MSRP is not a deal. Maybe if it was a limited edition color.

Throw in a free game, controller, or pack of chewing gum and we'll call it a deal!

This stuff should be in the Wii section. :bomb:[/quote]

Another idiot that doesn't read the thread and just posts his opinion.

Strell and his sentient, genetically-enhanced lobster minions are buying them all up just to continue to make people like me look bad.

Other than that, as long as this console continues to be 'Indiana Jones-quest-difficult' to find (complete with running the gauntlet back to your car with soccer moms in their minivans on boths sides shooting poison darts out of juicebox straws), threads like this should be allowed to exist in the "Deals" section for no other reason than sheer prominence. End of story. No, really.

[quote name='Alucard400']Another idiot that doesn't read the thread and just posts his opinion.[/quote]

God forbid someone should have a different view than you, Lord of Gaming Deals. :roll:

I repeat: not a deal, IMO!

:::pours some Olde E in honor of the many deleted posts which dared to express an opposing viewpoint:::

[quote name='PaleGreen']God forbid someone should have a different view than you, Lord of Gaming Deals. :roll:

I repeat: not a deal, IMO!

:::pours some Olde E in honor of the many deleted posts which dared to express an opposing viewpoint:::[/quote]

It is a deal when it's still hard to find at retail. Also most people don't even hit up the console specfic forum unless they already have that console. That would serve no purpose to put it in the Wii section.

[quote name='shadowknight']Yep... and they are already "in stock" so to speak ready to go... at least at my store :)[/quote]

About how many did your store get ? Thanks

Just confirmed with my local BB that they will have the shipment and sell it on sunday. BB in Littleton, CO off of Wadsworth by Bowles. Guy said he was the electronics manager so lets hope hes right!

[quote name='PaleGreen']Sorry, but a system at MSRP is not a deal. Maybe if it was a limited edition color.

This stuff should be in the Wii section. :bomb:[/quote]
Another smart man in this forum...

I guess some people here need a dictionary.

DEAL:

verb (used without object)

1.to occupy oneself or itself (usually fol. by with or in): Botany deals with the study of plants. He deals in generalities.

2.to take action with respect to a thing or person (fol. by with): Law courts must deal with lawbreakers.

3.to conduct oneself toward persons: He deals fairly.

4.to be able to handle competently or successfully; cope (fol. by with): I can't deal with your personal problems.

5.to trade or do business (fol. by with or in): to deal with a firm; to deal in used cars.

6.to distribute, esp. the cards in a game (often fol. by out): to deal out five hands of six cards each; your turn to deal.

7.Slang. to buy and sell drugs illegally.

8.Archaic. to have dealings or commerce, often in a secret or underhand manner (often fol. by with): to deal with the Devil. –verb (used with object)

9.to give to one as a share; apportion: Deal me in.

10.to distribute among a number of recipients, as the cards required in a game: Deal five cards to each player.

11.Cards. to give a player (a specific card) in dealing: You dealt yourself four aces.

12.to deliver; administer: to deal a blow.

13.Slang. to buy and sell (drugs) illegally.

14.Slang. to trade (an athlete) to another team. –noun

15.a business transaction: They closed the deal after a week of negotiating.

16.a bargain or arrangement for mutual advantage: the best deal in town.

17.a secret or underhand agreement or bargain: His supporters worked a number of deals to help his campaign.

18.Informal. treatment received in dealing with another: He got a raw deal.

19.an indefinite but large quantity, amount, extent, or degree (usually prec. by good or great): a good deal of work; a great deal of money.

20.Cards. a.the distribution of cards to the players in a game. b.the set of cards in one's hand. c.the turn of a player to deal. d.the period of time during which a deal is played.

21.an act of dealing or distributing.

22.(initial capital letter
thinsp.png
) an economic and social policy pursued by a political administration: the Fair Deal; the New Deal.

23.Obsolete. portion; share. —Verb phrase

24.deal off, a.Poker. to deal the final hand of a game. b.Slang. to get rid of or trade (something or someone) in a transaction. —Idioms

25.cut a deal, Informal. to make an agreement, esp. a business agreement: Networks have cut a deal with foreign stations for an international hookup.

26.deal someone in, Slang. to include: He was making a lot of dough in the construction business so I got him to deal me in.

Besides, if you are willing to pay $250 for a tech demo and last gen hardware you shouldn't be calling yourself a "cheap ass gamer".

I hope you all dont mind if I put any IPHONEs in stock threads in the deals section... because I will and I don't want any bitching...:roll: I mean, they will be hard to find so I will have to make threads about it...

This kind of logic is stupid.

[quote name='Alucard400']Another idiot that doesn't read the thread and just posts his opinion.[/quote]

It seems that you don't know what a messageboard is... :roll:

FYI, a messageboard is a place where people put their opinions... so just because he has an opinion, he is an idiot? :lol:

[quote name='Thongsy']It is a deal when it's still hard to find at retail. Also most people don't even hit up the console specfic forum unless they already have that console. That would serve no purpose to put it in the Wii section.[/quote]

Hard to find = deal? wtf????

Is it too hard to move the mouse and click on the wii section? my god, you must be lazy!

oasisboy, are you an admin? No, you aren't. You're just a douchebag. Shrike will move this thread if it doesn't belong here. YOU don't belong in this thread, gtfo.

People still looking for one, and I haven't touched mine in months. Once Wii Sports loses it's appeal and you beat Twilight Princess....there is really nothing else on the Wii.

*shrug* As always, to each his own.
I had a ball with Excitetruck, whenever we have company we play Play or Sports, my wife and boy and I take turns with Mario Party (only have two controllers), I'm still playing and enjoying Super Paper Mario, and while there's some other games I wouldn't buy, I had fun renting things like Sonic and Heatseeker, and am readily awaiting RE4 and Mercury Meltdown, even apart from the GC games I've never played.
Ironically, I got bored with Zelda in the monkey temple.
Oh, and Mr Dictionary, both 15 and 16 apply. Buying the Wii is a business transaction, and as has been said before, buying a new unit at MSRP *is* a deal right now. It's 374.00 on Amazon right now.

[quote name='super_nerd']oasisboy, are you an admin? No, you aren't. You're just a douchebag. Shrike will move this thread if it doesn't belong here. YOU don't belong in this thread, gtfo.[/quote]

Thank you for the insults, I love the deep criticism from teenagers.

[quote name='oasisboy']Thank you for the insults, I love the deep criticism from teenagers.[/quote]

You're welcome. However I'm not gracious enough to thank you for all the useless posts you made cluttering up this thread. If you don't think it's a deal, that's great and people are entitled to their opinions but that doesn't give you the right to deny it to others who do think it's a deal. There are people who find this information useful and there's all there is to it. Take it up with shrike instead of polluting this thread anymore.

[quote name='oasisboy']It seems that you don't know what a messageboard is... :roll:

FYI, a messageboard is a place where people put their opinions... so just because he has an opinion, he is an idiot? :lol:[/QUOTE]

No, his opinion is that you are an idiot.

Just ignore the people who complain about the wii being available posts. They got no damn understanding of people being helped to get something that's not easy to find. They're just pretty much selfish idiots who just want what they want without any regards of other people. It's like one post that seems useless or annoying to them in the DEALS sections makes a difference in the number of topics allowed in the first page.

Thanks for the info OP...for one, I've been looking for a wii for the longest time and still have yet to find one...thank you...wish me luck! :)

[quote name='oasisboy']I hope you all dont mind if I put any IPHONEs in stock threads in the deals section... because I will and I don't want any bitching...:roll: I mean, they will be hard to find so I will have to make threads about it...

This kind of logic is stupid.[/quote]Post your iphone in stock threads in the proper forum and that would be just ducky. (HINT: this would not be the proper forum for a cell-phone)

Could you stop thread-crapping in this viable, useful, and appropriately posted thread? If you don't like it, there's no need to post or even click in. You're just making the "clutter" you hate so much worse by bumping it up with amazing copy-and-paste jobs from online dictionaries. Amazing.

Unless you're living in podunk nowhere, finding a Wii at the MSRP of $249 is still impossible in most places. I live in the South Bay Area and in the 8 months since the Wii's release, I have not seen a Wii on any store shelves, ever.

It's not tough to find a Wii these days. Finding one for under $300, or a stand alone console not bundled with all kinds off crap, is a coup, however. You have to be either really lucky or really persistant... kind of like tracking down a deal!

The others are right: unless you want to to petition for a "hard to find" section, this is where it belongs (for now). The Wii section here at CAG is focused on the software and hardware issues for those who already own the systems, and it should stay that way.

IMO, of course.

so yesterday i was at BB and they already had the wiis and were selling them
not sure exactly but they had 3 in glass and like 10+ on the side in some cage'
i dont think anyone knew about it either but i did see 2 sold while i was there

[quote name='rygar']No, his opinion is that you are an idiot.[/quote]

My opinion is that you need a dictionary.

this thread got crazy, wii bundles are available at circuitcity.com, could be worth checking out stores there as well this weekend

[quote name='Alucard400']sold out at this moment! lol[/quote]

That sucks for you:cry: My suggestion would be to keep an eye on the ads and go to Target if they advertise having wiis. I got mine on Sunday afternoon at Target last time thanks to speedy (speedy rawks)! It might just be me but it seems like Target sells out of wiis at a slower rate.

Wiis are the only console you can't walk into a store and purchase without luck and/or effort. Finding one without a bundle is realistically a "deal", so of course this is the right forum for this thread.

I may pick up a Wii in a few years, when they're down to $129. It's possible that Wiis will sell out immediately in stores for the duration of the console's lifespan. They have appeared on a few store shelves, but I look regularly and have yet to see a Wii box that wasn't an empty EBG display.

In the meantime, you can always go online and pick up a bundle for the price of an XBox 360 with four classic controllers, four nunchucks and remotes, four Spongebob Squarepants "silicon sleeves", a sticky adhesive Spiderman 3 "Wii skin", six crappy Nickelodeon-licensed games, and an obligatory copy of Red Steel -- no problem!

I actually love the Wii, I just like giving it a hard time.

I got one at Best Buy in Fort Myers, FL this morning. They got 20 systems in, no bundle. I was eighth in line. I only stood out there for about an hour and a half.

I got one in NYC, the Best Buy on Broadway by Prince St. Got there about 15min. before opening and was 4th in line. From what the sales rep said they were shipped 90 on Thurs. but since they guaranteed atleast 9 on Sunday they sold some to "lucky" (probably friends of other sales reps) passerbys. As for the stock they had this morning I have no clue but there were atleast 10 people behind me waiting/buying Wiis...

bread's done
Back