Wii's in Best Buy Sunday ad for 12/02/07

speaking of wii's Sears is selling some online currently, not bundled either just the system for $249.99

Just an FYI

[quote name='vienge']speaking of wii's Sears is selling some online currently, not bundled either just the system for $249.99

Just an FYI[/quote]

where at? can't find on Sears' site.

Thanks for the heads up, I got mine on launch, but my aunt is trying to find one for her kids, as is my dad's girlfriend.
I'm tempted to buy one just to sell myself....

Buying a Wii on line for retail is difficult because of auto trackers, such as wiitracker.com. When they become available, they sell out in less than 10 minutes. Even the Amazon deal at 3am est on black friday only lasted somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes.

If you really want one for Christams, the best bet is to call around (Target, Walmart, Kmart, Best Buy), and find out when the next shipment is scheduled. Be in line 20 mintes before the store opens. For whatever reason, Sunday appears to be the best day for this. Do it ASAP, as things only get tighter the longer you wait.

Or wait until mid January.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Does it come with DVD Playback or HDD?[/quote]

nope, but it plays a game called Mario Galaxy which is probably the best game I've played all year.

It's also the best selling console so far this year. Hmm.. I wonder if DVD playback or HDD really make a difference to the average consumer?

[quote name='rhino4evr']nope, but it plays a game called Mario Galaxy which is probably the best game I've played all year.

It's also the best selling console so far this year. Hmm.. I wonder if DVD playback or HDD really make a difference to the average consumer?[/QUOTE]

I guess you didn't get the memo, only non-gamers and scalpers buy the Wii.

My mother-in-law told me she'll get me a Wii for Christmas, but I have to go buy it :cry:

I went to a bunch of stores last week and no one had any. This was 2 Best Buys, a Target, a GameStop, and a GameCrazy.

Finally talked to my local GameStop on Wednesday and they said they'd have them for Black Friday. I arrived about 10 minutes before they opened. There were about 15 of us. The sign said they had 38 Wiis.

People were only there to buy Wiis. I got mine and was out in about 10 minutes. So they had them, but they sell out fast.

The woman at my local Target told me if I see it in the Weekly ad that means they will have it in stock that week, but I should arrive when the store opens on Sunday morning or it will be sold out.

And I plan to play with my Wii, and invite friends over for Wii parties. (And yes, I indend to make jokes like this until Nintendo releases it's next console.)

[quote name='NovaKane']Are ppl buying them because it's the cheapest console of the three or do they just want to flip since it seems like supply is on the low end once again for the holidays?

I figured after a whole year, the Wii would be easy hell to find.[/QUOTE]

ha who cares nintendo still gets the money

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Does it come with DVD Playback or HDD?[/quote]

Congrats on being the first person in 6 years to care if a console had DVD playback.

I guess I will be out this Sunday getting it. I had a break in last month that saw the past 20 years of my gaming life get stolen. The only system they didn't steal was my son's V-Smile.

Could have been asked already, but do they have a limit on how many you can buy? I don't feel like waiting in line for hours only for the person in front of me to score 18 for Ebay.

[quote name='Coper3000']Could have been asked already, but do they have a limit on how many you can buy? I don't feel like waiting in line for hours only for the person in front of me to score 18 for Ebay.[/quote]
yea i think one per person or household? not sure which one

[quote name='Jgel']I bought that yesterday for my 5 year old little girl. It is the gift that she wanted the most. When ever we talk about Christmas she says "I really hope Santa gets me the High School Musical singing game."[/quote]
What out for the Hot Coffee Mod for that game.

[quote name='quercus']My mother-in-law told me she'll get me a Wii for Christmas, but I have to go buy it :cry:

I went to a bunch of stores last week and no one had any. This was 2 Best Buys, a Target, a GameStop, and a GameCrazy.

Finally talked to my local GameStop on Wednesday and they said they'd have them for Black Friday. I arrived about 10 minutes before they opened. There were about 15 of us. The sign said they had 38 Wiis.

People were only there to buy Wiis. I got mine and was out in about 10 minutes. So they had them, but they sell out fast.

The woman at my local Target told me if I see it in the Weekly ad that means they will have it in stock that week, but I should arrive when the store opens on Sunday morning or it will be sold out.

And I plan to play with my Wii, and invite friends over for Wii parties. (And yes, I indend to make jokes like this until Nintendo releases it's next console.)[/quote]
here is a tip : go to target every sunday before they open ..they always have them

[quote name='zizo79']here is a tip : go to target every sunday before they open ..they always have them[/quote]

I did that last Sunday, (Nov. 18), at TWO Targets, and neither had any. lol.

[quote name='Iceman20']I did that last Sunday, (Nov. 18), at TWO Targets, and neither had any. lol.[/quote]
when did you go ?

[quote name='zizo79']i work at BB , we have 90 wiis in stock waiting for sunday !! so CAGs check your local BBs[/quote]

Where ?

[quote name='Iceman20']I did that last Sunday, (Nov. 18), at TWO Targets, and neither had any. lol.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it kind of hard to go to two targets before they open seeing that most open at 8am?

Of course, YMMV depending on the city I guess.

[quote name='zizo79']when did you go ?[/quote]
I went to the first Target at around 7:45am, so about a 15 minute wait before they opened.

[quote name='nikkai']Isn't it kind of hard to go to two targets before they open seeing that most open at 8am?

Of course, YMMV depending on the city I guess.[/quote]
lol. Yeah, I went to the first Target furthest away from my house at around 7:45am, then right when they opened at 8am, I went to check, and of course no Wiis. So then I immediately left to go to the Target 10 minutes away from the other Target, and there were no Wiis there either, but it wasn't as if I saw a horde of people walking out with Wiis, nor was I told that they had just sold out of them right before I got there.

There was also a Wal-Mart right across from the 2nd Target I went too, and there was nothing there either. I also could've gone to Best Buy or Gamestop later on in the morning, but I had prior engagements for later in the morning unfortunately.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I got a Wii today! Now I have 2 Wiis and 2 SMGs! Wii+SMG+eBay=$$$[/quote]

This douche should really be banned. I remember him bragging about pulling some stunt with some B2G1 deal or something, too.

Anyone have any idea if there will be any Wiis available at Circuit City stores this Sunday? MUCH easier for me to get to CC than BB, but I'll camp at BB if I have to (girlfriend is dying for a Wii)

[quote name='zizo79']i work at BB , we have 90 wiis in stock waiting for sunday !! so CAGs check your local BBs[/QUOTE]

90 wii's? you're full of shit which BB you work at? i just looked at our system.

So, what time is a good to camp? I'm planning to camp @ 7am with my lounge chair and PSP/DS (whatever game strikes my mood while waiting 3 hours)

[quote name='vlv723']So, what time is a good to camp? I'm planning to camp @ 7am with my lounge chair and PSP/DS (whatever game strikes my mood while waiting 3 hours)[/QUOTE]

if you're going to the west covina best buy i'd wouldn't go there at night.. lol

[quote name='vlv723']So, what time is a good to camp? I'm planning to camp @ 7am with my lounge chair and PSP/DS (whatever game strikes my mood while waiting 3 hours)[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but I hope other stores have wiis too...that'll keep the crowds a little controlled.

[quote name='Zhanmadao']if you're going to the west covina best buy i'd wouldn't go there at night.. lol[/QUOTE]

I actually live a mile away from BB. You from WestCo as well?

I knew the Black Friday line was hectic, but for Wiis, I don't think it will start until 6am-ish in the morning.

I know lines over here for Wii usually start 4 hrs before the store opens and in my experience, 3hrs before seems to do the trick. Then again, it's freezing balls outside here, otherwise people might be going out earlier.

[quote name='Zhanmadao']90 wii's? you're full of shit which BB you work at? i just looked at our system.[/quote]

Can you look and see about how many are going to be at the Fullerton CA. BB ? Thanks

I imagine when the scans for the Best Buy ad comes up in the next couple days it will say a store minimum in the ad; that's the important number.

[quote name='Zhanmadao']90 wii's? you're full of shit which BB you work at? i just looked at our system.[/quote]

my local TRU had 120 in stock

so i believe him.

dam i called my TRU the week before they had all these...
and they had 20 in stock and i bought one, no lines, no nothin :D

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']This douche should really be banned. I remember him bragging about pulling some stunt with some B2G1 deal or something, too.[/quote]

Yeah, hes a douche. read his other threads he starts or any of his posts.. can we please get pinoy banned? Hes an idiot.. he just rips off deals from here and posts them on other sites..

maybe he just doesnt know the rules/ have too good of manners/ lacks ethics?

just PM him... lol

honestly some people are innocent cause they dont know better

[quote name='Zhanmadao']90 wii's? you're full of shit which BB you work at? i just looked at our system.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the laugh. did you really think that just because your store doesn't have 90 Wii's that his doesn't either?

[quote name='willardhaven']It's sad people didn't support the Gamecube like this.
[/QUOTE]
I don't get that either. Nintendo basically repackages the Gamecube and adds a gimmicky controller, and people go nuts over it. Go figure. Good for them though, I was worried they would pull a Sega and exit the console market after the poor support for the Cube.

bread's done
Back