wiispeak animal crossing bundle - 69.99, any takers?

buttle

CAGiversary!
http://kotaku.com/5047451/animal-crossing-getting-wiispeak-bundle#c7682872

so who's interested in this? obviously, before putting any money down, most of us will want to hear some "hands on reports" on both animal crossing and wiispeak.

but even if it works well, does this sound like something worth buying?

i've got to admit, i'll probably buy this. with the hope that i'll be able to talk some friends into buying it as well. but also so i can talk with cags and other people online.

and i'm also hoping that other online games use wiispeak as well. but nintendo does have a reputation with their peripherals.

Last edited by a moderator:
They better make this deal! $29.99 for Wii Speak is crazy. At least this way it would come out to $19.99. What's creepy is if Michael Jackson gets his hands on this. :lol:

I'm not sure if I want WiiSpeak yet, but I'm definitely getting Animal Crossing. I hope the game will still be available without WiiSpeak, so that I'm not forced to get it.

[quote name='Kotaku']Pricing in bells was not provided.[/quote]
Har har har.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I'll probably buy it with the WiiSpeak add-on because it makes WiiSpeak only $10 and what's 10 more dollars?[/quote]

ditto

I'm in.

It's not as if I'm going to go without buying Animal Crossing, and the extra $10 isn't going to kill me. I mean, it's the same price I've gladly paid for new games on other systems anyway.

Not sure if I'm going to pick this up yet. I'm interested in WiiSpeak, and slightly interested in Animal Crossing, but I've never played an Animal Crossing game before.

At first I wasn't too interested (I much prefer using a USB keyboard far more than voice chat), but at $10 more, the WiiSpeak isn't such a bad deal, at least, just to try out.

[quote name='buttle']but nintendo does have a reputation with their peripherals.[/quote]
Nintendo has a reputation for lots of FREE peripherals with game purchase.

This is a horrible play on the part of Nintendo. Its almost Microsoft like.

I tried the DS version of Animal Crossing and I just didn't like it, so I wont be picking up this bundle. Now if we got a similar bundle with The Conduit, I just might be willing to pay a little extra to get a Wiispeak.

Are we going to set up a trading thread for those who want Animal Crossing but not WiiSpeak and vice versa? Figure $40 for AC, $20 for WiiSpeak, everyone saves a ten spot.

[quote name='botticus']Are we going to set up a trading thread for those who want Animal Crossing but not WiiSpeak and vice versa? Figure $40 for AC, $20 for WiiSpeak, everyone saves a ten spot.[/quote]
sounds like a great idea. I would do it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I tried the DS version of Animal Crossing and I just didn't like it, so I wont be picking up this bundle. Now if we got a similar bundle with The Conduit, I just might be willing to pay a little extra to get a Wiispeak.[/QUOTE]

yeah, part of the reason i'm interested in wiispeak is the hope that games like the conduit will use it as well. i hope nintendo makes this easy and developers just jump on board.

This is a game I'm on the fence about. I loved Animal Crossing for the GC, and put a ton of hours into it. Animal Crossing DS, maybe one hour, if that. I can grind it out in the most repetitive of games and nearly identical rehashes of games, but I just couldn't get into AC:WW.

[quote name='bmulligan']Does it start off with a train ride and a half hour of scrolling through meaningless dialogue ?[/quote]

No... I think it starts off on a bus this time.:lol:

[quote name='bmulligan']Does it start off with a train ride and a half hour of scrolling through meaningless dialogue ?[/quote]

Meaningless? MEANINGLESS???

Okay, meaningless.

It takes that long for the game to know what sex you are and what color houses you like.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I heard it was $70 with the mic.[/QUOTE]

use to be, but cammie announced it's now 60.

[quote name='G33']This is a game I'm on the fence about. I loved Animal Crossing for the GC, and put a ton of hours into it. Animal Crossing DS, maybe one hour, if that. I can grind it out in the most repetitive of games and nearly identical rehashes of games, but I just couldn't get into AC:WW.[/QUOTE]

for me, i've spent about 80% of my animal crossing hours just fishing and catching bugs. i never get tired of it.

Absolutely, I was addicted to the DS game for about a year straight.

Nice it's coming out in November, various family get together and a lot of my family loves Animal Crossing.

$60 is a pretty good deal, assuming WiiSpeak is good.

I'm hesitant on picking up AC again b/c things get dull after awhile. At the same time, I would actually love to chat with some Nintendo CAGs, especially my fellow Smashers.

Decisions, decisions. :whistle2:k

[quote name='evergoo']$60 is a pretty good deal, assuming WiiSpeak is good.

I'm hesitant on picking up AC again b/c things get dull after awhile. At the same time, I would actually love to chat with some Nintendo CAGs, especially my fellow Smashers.

Decisions, decisions. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

God.

Marc is going to find a way to spam in AC, I swear.

I don't like using my voice when gaming unless it's with friends...who would not be playing this game. A keyboard attachment would be nice for me though, but it would have to be 10 dollars cheap.

I'm a little concerned that this game is going to be a bit deja vu with a few gimmicky perks. Y'know like how the last ACs were, though online barely made the purchase worth it in that case. So I'm definitely holding off until I know. Then again...I do love Animal Crossing....so I may have to BITE.

It would be kinda cool if ACWW could connect with the Wii version in some way. Better AI would be cool too.

I just find this whole thing a bit silly.
I love Animal Crossing, and going online with it is pretty awesome...however..Animal Crossing just isn't one of those games that you really have to talk to anyone about.

Wii Speak should have came with Smash Bros..if not Mario Kart!
HELL, it should have came out around Super Mario Strikers!

Woah, you guys are up at the weirdest hours....

Really? I can see voice or keyboard option being useful in this game. Without it it's like your friend is a computer, and of course you can't somehow magically know what they're thinking.

With SSBB I wouldn't want voice chat. I hate hearing people call me cheap every time they lose. In fact when I play Ps3 games, I turn the VO off. It's a total piss fest. I love the fact that this peaceful game is the one with the VO this time around.

I think some kind of chat should be enabled for all games. Keyboards still aren't completely useful in the console arena since you have to switch back and forth. The little snap-on thumbpads are a little easier to use, but still a little annoying.

Voice Chat isn't required for EVERY game, but it should always be an option.

Also I'm awake because I can't sleep. Still trying to get over being sick, and that's screwing up my throat, and the coughing is keeping me awake.

So I figure I'll zombie myself over at CAG. I don't know what Lilboo's excuse is. :]

I honestly don't really care about WiiSpeak in AC or the WiiSpeak Channel, but if it is truly $60 for the bundle, I figure it is worth getting the mic for $10. Plus if games like The Conduit are already integrating WiiSpeak, it might actually be a useful peripheral in the future.

Oh, and this AC is going to bascially be a remix of the GC version and the DS version. There isn't going to be a whole lot new going on. I'm looking forward to it because my wife is really wanting to play AC again, she was really addicted to the GC version and it was fun playing with her.

I swear lilboo and Strell are the same person, they always post right after each other and at the same time. :whistle2:k

I think Wii Speak is a great addition. Think about it, we can talk about our problems over fishing... although I will personally be running around screaming while chopping trees. :lol:

[quote name='yukine']I think Wii Speak is a great addition. Think about it, we can talk about our problems over fishing...[/QUOTE]
"GODDAMN SEA BASS! Where are all the good fish?!"

...Oh wait, you mean discussing problems while fishing, not about fishing :razz:

[quote name='botticus']Are we going to set up a trading thread for those who want Animal Crossing but not WiiSpeak and vice versa? Figure $40 for AC, $20 for WiiSpeak, everyone saves a ten spot.[/QUOTE]

I think this may be my route. If I decide I don't like Animal Crossing, I can sell/trade it and just end up getting WiiSpeak for $10 less. Otherwise no big loss if I do like Animal Crossing.

[quote name='Strell']I think some kind of chat should be enabled for all games. Keyboards still aren't completely useful in the console arena since you have to switch back and forth. The little snap-on thumbpads are a little easier to use, but still a little annoying.

Voice Chat isn't required for EVERY game, but it should always be an option.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, I'm not so sure. I'm sure there's several times I've wanted to scream various obscenities at Marc and JoeB in Brawl. ;)

For those who want to import their Animal Crossing: Wild World character, you can. You can also bring over the items that you have collected in the DS game and transfer them to your catalogue on the Wii. However, you won't be getting the items for free, and your bells don't transfer over, but you'll be able to bring over some of your favorite items.

Just read that on GameSpot, I don't know how I feel about it. Yeah it'll be awesome to carry my items over... but I nearly have a complete catalog of all the items in Wild World. So hopefully there is a lot of new furniture and other misc things rather than relying on recycled stuff or else I'm probably going to get bored of this one a lot faster than I did the DS game.

And you still can't play multiplayer on the same system, ugh... I figured they would finally put that in.

[quote name='yukine']I swear lilboo and Strell are the same person, they always post right after each other and at the same time. :whistle2:k
[/QUOTE]

I think this is the third person I've been accused of also being on these boards.

Those three people have to have happy with that pedigree.

$60 for a game and a microphone that SHOULD be a headset and not a microphone that will likely pick up every single bit of noise in a room? To hell with that. I'll just get the game and set up a Skype chat with the friends I'd be playing with.

[quote name='rainking187']Has anyone seen any places taking preorders for the bundle yet?[/QUOTE]

not that i've seen. i assume amazon will put up something in not too long.

bread's done
Back