Will they ever have the trade 3 get $10 for GameCube again?

Zerostatic

CAGiversary!
Guys, do you think Gamestop/EBgames will ever have that special where you can trade 3 games and get $10 extra bucks of trade-in value for GameCube anymore? I ask this because I've asked two gamestop employees at two different stores and one said they'll probably have it again but he doesn't know when, and the other said they're not going to do that again.

The reason that I'm asking is that I got a Wii at launch, but since I don't like spending $50 bucks a game, I've been collecting GameCube games on the cheap, and I already have 42 games and there are still about 10-15 games I still want to play. However, I'm trying to beat them as fast as possible in hopes of being able to take advantage of a trade in 3 get $10 deal and then with all the credit I get back I'll wait until Gamestop has a good deal to get some cheap Wii games (i.e. buy 2 get 1 free).

What do you guys think?

[quote name='gizmogc']My crystal ball used up all its batteries last week, sorry.[/quote]Obviously no one is going to know for sure. I'm just asking for an educated guess. I'm not a regular Gamestop/EBgames customer so I'm not familar with their specials and the frequencies of them.

I look at the question this way: Does GS/EB want any more GC games?

Maybe.

They'll most likely have a $10 bonus in the future, the question is: which systems will it include. My guess would be PS2, PS3, X360, Wii, and if they're nice, they may include GC, but I doubt it at this point, that system's been dead the longest.

I agree with all of the above (including this being in the wrong place). The odds of them doing that again are pretty much nil now that we've officially moved into the next generation. You'll likely only see stuff like the extra 20%-30% towards certain new games. If we're really lucky they might do an extra $5 for 3 games or maybe $10 for 5 games, but even that seems slim at this point. There's just no advantage for them to pay extra for games they're trying to get rid of.

[quote name='freshzen']I highly doubt they will ever give an extra $10 for PS2 or GC games, that'd be retarded ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know about that. Many people are buying used GC games for the first time because of the Wii, and the PS2 is still going strong. We'll see though... I'd certainly like them to have one more promo like that ;). The sooner the better (my GR store is closing and I could transfer some credit that way).

Oh, and it isn't $10 for each game, of course, but $10 for 3. Giving an extra $3.33 when they only give you $1-$5 for many of them is not going to put them in the hole - they will still make a profit off selling most of them.

bread's done
Back