Williams Pinball Hall of Fame Collection only $19.99 used $17.99 for 360

cajunmole

CAG Veteran
Hi, This is my first post so I hope it helps someone as I just discovered this site a few weeks ago and everyone seems so cool and helpful :D

Williams Pinball Hall of Fame. This great Pinball game has 13 tables in the 360 version!

Gohastings.com has the 360 version for only $19.99 new and $17.99 used.
Shipping is $2.28. I'm in Missouri so counting tax etc it works out around $23 new. Amazon has this listed as $42.20. Gamestop isn't much better. Used versions on Ebay are dearer! So if you like pinball grab this. It is in my opinion as good as Pinball FX2.

I'm a new user so it won't let me post the link.:cry:

The other systems is cheap as well so you may find a bargain for them too. I only have a 360 so if you have another system hopefully you'll get a deal on this as well.

Good Luck :)

Have this game on PS3. It is goddamned fantastic. If you even like pinball only a little bit, go get it.

[quote name='WilliamG']I say screw this game and get Pinball FX2 on XBLA. WAAAAY better.[/QUOTE]

Um, no, you're sadly mistaken. These are primo classic pinball games, lovingly recreated for the home console . . . no comparison at all.

[quote name='WilliamG']I say screw this game and get Pinball FX2 on XBLA. WAAAAY better.[/QUOTE]

Gotta be trolling... FX2 is great but c'mon.

Pinball FX2 is a shadow of this game.
Not even close -

This game is the best pinball simulation ever made (I would put it up against the glitchy/tricky-as-hell PinMAME).

You are entitled to your opinion.
But FX does not replicate real life tables, so there really isn't a comparison.
Besides, pretty much everyone in this thread already owns both. Duh!
Just like most of us own more than one console.

I enjoy both Pinball FX/2 and PHOF:Williams immensely and own both on 360.

When Williams HOF first came out I bought it new on PS3 and 360 to try and support the pinball scene. Originally Monster Bash (which was replaced by No Good Gofers) was supposed to be included in this collection, but the story is that they couldn't solidify the rights in time. I was hoping Monster bash would be part of future DLC, but at this point I think it's safe to say they won't be making any DLC. Definitely a bummer.

[quote name='Hardware']When Williams HOF first came out I bought it new on PS3 and 360 to try and support the pinball scene. Originally Monster Bash (which was replaced by No Good Gofers) was supposed to be included in this collection, but the story is that they couldn't solidify the rights in time. I was hoping Monster bash would be part of future DLC, but at this point I think it's safe to say they won't be making any DLC. Definitely a bummer.[/QUOTE]

There are a ton of other pinball games I'd love to see ported over, like Cheetah, Big Game, Jurassic Park, Twilight Zone, etc. but it looks like there aren't going to be any more in the future (mostly I guess for licensing reasons). Really a shame, because in a way having them ported over preserves the look and feel of these games for future players. I know they aren't the same as playing the real thing, but most people can't buy $1500 pins and even if they could afford them, don't have the space or the resources to haul them around.

Just picked up Williams HOF for my PS3 last night at Hastings for $14.99! SOOO excited to play it after work today! Too bad about the lame Trophy issue, but I am now anti Microsuck as they refused to fix my 360 when it WAS still under warranty. Too bad for them I guess!

[quote name='Hardware']When Williams HOF first came out I bought it new on PS3 and 360 to try and support the pinball scene. Originally Monster Bash (which was replaced by No Good Gofers) was supposed to be included in this collection, but the story is that they couldn't solidify the rights in time. I was hoping Monster bash would be part of future DLC, but at this point I think it's safe to say they won't be making any DLC. Definitely a bummer.[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping for Williams HOF2!!! Williams Hall of Fame Revenge?? :bouncy:

[quote name='GlassAgate']I bought that game, when it first came out, to support
the devs.

They're suppose to release the Gottlieb collection,
as an XBLA release. I haven't seen any news on
that, in around a month. I'm bothered by that.

I'd like to see them team up with the Pinball FX
people, and release the games on a single
platform, instead of having to have multiple
programs for pinball.[/QUOTE]

Personally I prefer the way it was done with the Williams collection, i.e. a retail disc collection rather than having to buy the tables ala carte as dlc. I'm still hoping Pinball FX gets a retaildisc release with all the tables bundled together.

[quote name='chimpmeister']There are a ton of other pinball games I'd love to see ported over, like Cheetah, Big Game, Jurassic Park, Twilight Zone, etc. but it looks like there aren't going to be any more in the future (mostly I guess for licensing reasons). Really a shame, because in a way having them ported over preserves the look and feel of these games for future players. I know they aren't the same as playing the real thing, but most people can't buy $1500 pins and even if they could afford them, don't have the space or the resources to haul them around.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I own TZ and love it, but would enjoy a video version as well. That would have to be called Bally Pinball Hall of Fame though. : ) Maybe one day we will get a good Bally collection.

I think it would be cool to have the licensed tables as individual XBLA games, because of the added licensing involved. How cool would it be to have Star Trek TNG on the 360?

I already have this game for the Wii and 360...

Has anyone played the Wii exclusive The Gottlieb Collection? Is it as good as The Williams Collection?

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I already have this game for the Wii and 360...

Has anyone played the Wii exclusive The Gottlieb Collection? Is it as good as The Williams Collection?[/QUOTE]

I have it for the PS2 and while the physics are similar, in my opinion the tables aren't as fun as in the Williams collection

I got the ps3 version since it was cheaper but thanks for posting this. I didnt ever pay this much attention but holy shit it, it has the black knight table on it.

When I was little my grandma cleaned out and counted arcade machine quarters and would take me with her early in the morning and put credits in all the machines as she went. So I would have the entire arcade all to myself and have credits in each one. The black knight pinball machine was my favorite one there also, I loved that one.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Has anyone played the Wii exclusive The Gottlieb Collection? Is it as good as The Williams Collection?[/QUOTE]

That's actually coming to XBLA pretty soon.

I know they aren't the same as playing the real thing, but most people can't buy $1500 pins and even if they could afford them, don't have the space or the resources to haul them around.

Or the know how to fix them or money to pay someone to fix them.

[quote name='mkelehan']That's actually coming to XBLA pretty soon.[/QUOTE]

Assuming that it hasn't been cancelled... It was slated to release last month but Crave's PR dept. hasn't said a word about it since the original announcement in December, and Major Nelson hasn't mentioned it either.

What a coincidence. This was released today!

Crave Games reveals 3DS titles to be shown at GDC

February 8, 2011 by RawmeatCowboy 3DS | View feedback (2) | Show/Hide
This information comes from a PR email I just received...

During this private event, Crave Games will showcase their upcoming Nintendo 3DS lineup including a new brawler based on all the famous Cartoon Network characters, Pinball Hall of Fame and Brunswick Pro Bowling. Be one of the first to get hands-on experience with three new games to be released on Nintendo’s newest gaming system.

Now we know what Crave is going to be showing off. I want to see what this Cartoon Network game is all about. We've been hearing about it for quite awhile now. I hope it lives up to the hype!

PR email

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I already have this game for the Wii and 360...

Has anyone played the Wii exclusive The Gottlieb Collection? Is it as good as The Williams Collection?[/QUOTE]

I have the Gottleib collection for the PSP. While its OK, the Williams collection blows it away, with much better pins that are a lot more fun to play (and the Williams collection is great on the PSP, but of course even better on the 360/PS3). I've also played the Gottleib collection on the Wii, but the low-res graphics and huge amount of scrolling really ruin the game, IMO.

Gottlieb never felt right to me, in any of its incarnations. It was sort of fun, but the physics or something was just off and it didn't hook me.

Williams I've played to death and have literally EVERY version made to support the developers (and so I'm never far from a system capable of playing it)... not sure if it's the games, or improved physics, or what.

And is it sad that Pinball Hall of Fame may be enough to make sure I keep my 3DS pre-order going? :)

[quote name='bsmiff']Assuming that it hasn't been cancelled... It was slated to release last month but Crave's PR dept. hasn't said a word about it since the original announcement in December, and Major Nelson hasn't mentioned it either.[/QUOTE]

Since they announced the game in December for a January release, and XBLA games are queued for a long time, the game must be complete. It's possible that there was a technical hitch that they had to fix, which could cause a long delay, but we're way beyond the point where they'd just cancel it. There's no risk anymore.

My guess is we'll see it after House Party is over.

[quote name='mkelehan']Since they announced the game in December for a January release, and XBLA games are queued for a long time, the game must be complete. It's possible that there was a technical hitch that they had to fix, which could cause a long delay, but we're way beyond the point where they'd just cancel it. There's no risk anymore.

My guess is we'll see it after House Party is over.[/QUOTE]

Strange then, that they've abandoned their fans and left us to sit wondering what's up. Maybe they've got something different up their sleeves, like an FX2-style XBLA platform to rival its competitor.

[quote name='scottman']fyi, the ps3 version is $18 at amazon and eligible for the B1G1 50% off deal going on right now.[/QUOTE]

Wanted to say the above.

Really really happy to see all the love for this game on here. I recently caught the pinball bug from a few friends and have started playing in the local league. I was recommended this game and bought the PS3 version a couple weeks ago. Holy man are the tables lovingly recreated. The menus/music/etc are a little cheesy, but it really doesn't matter -- all the love and production value went where it matters.

After being exposed to a lot of tables around town, I'm really hoping to see another volume of Williams/Bally machines. I'd love to have free to play versions of games like Champion Pub, Twilight Zone, Addams Family, Junk Yard, Star Trek TNG, Johnny Mnemonic (yes it is actually good) and on and on. But licensing is likely why we'll never seen most of these...

[quote name='bsmiff']Strange then, that they've abandoned their fans and left us to sit wondering what's up. Maybe they've got something different up their sleeves, like an FX2-style XBLA platform to rival its competitor.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's that dramatic. The only place I've seen the XBLA version mentioned is on their Facebook page, and they'll regularly go weeks or even months without checking in on it. You don't get notifications for company pages like you do for personal pages. I bet nobody at Crave has even thought to check on it or update it. Not to mention it's only 600 fans or so.

My copy shipped today. So looking forward to it. I like so many others hope one day they'll release the other tables like ST TNG and addams family...

[quote name='sadboy']It's the WilliamG Collection![/QUOTE]

lol, no but seriously - I think Pinball FX2 is just fantastic. I did only play the Williams Collection on the Wii, but I thought it was awful... and of course the slowness of the ball/not completely authentic physics didn't help either.

I assume it's a lot better on the PS3/360?

[quote name='WilliamG']lol, no but seriously - I think Pinball FX2 is just fantastic. I did only play the Williams Collection on the Wii, but I thought it was awful... and of course the slowness of the ball/not completely authentic physics didn't help either.

I assume it's a lot better on the PS3/360?[/QUOTE]

The Wii version is trash . . . low-res ugly graphics and tons of scrolling. Yes, the PS3 and 360 versions blow it away, no comparison at all. A good example of a game that should never have been released on the Wii, where the hardware just can't do it justice at all.

OK so I'm tempted, but really the Wii version is AWFUL. The ball moves too slowly, the graphics suck, the sound sucks. But I really have a tough time believing the game is any better on the PS3/360 when I think the tables are so boring. I'd be amazed if this game really is as good as Pinball FX 2. I mean, the one table Pasha in Pinball FX2 is just so freakin' awesome!

Just watched some videos of Williams Pinball on PS3. I'll pass. I can't stand the absolute meandering pace the ball takes. I've played a LOT of pinball, and no way in real life does the ball just plod along like it has nothing better to do as it does in Hall of Fame.

I'll stick to Pinball FX2. If you watch some videos of them back to back, you'll see what I mean.

Granted, I'm not a pinball expert, but I love this game. And I don't ever remember noticing a meandering ball.

[quote name='salty tbone']Granted, I'm not a pinball expert, but I love this game. And I don't ever remember noticing a meandering ball.[/QUOTE]

That guy is in the minority, he is imagining things, I think the game is great! I have been playing pinball since the early 70's. I own the game on PSP, Wii and 360 along with every other pinball you can get including FX 1&2 and Zen on PS3 and while those are fun they can't compare to the real tables found in the Williams and Gottlieb collections.

The ball physics in Williams PHOF is much more realistic than Pinball FX. I don't care if you played pinball since the birth of Christ or once. I don't care if you own your own pins or not. It's very easy to tell. I do enjoy Pinball FX for what it is, but there seems to be no weight to the ball. It flies all over the place as if it's a Powerball from Twilight Zone.

[quote name='WilliamG']Just watched some videos of Williams Pinball on PS3. I'll pass. I can't stand the absolute meandering pace the ball takes. I've played a LOT of pinball, and no way in real life does the ball just plod along like it has nothing better to do as it does in Hall of Fame.

I'll stick to Pinball FX2. If you watch some videos of them back to back, you'll see what I mean.[/QUOTE]

Williams Pinball blows the doors off Pinball FX2. It plays more like real pinball, it feels more authentic and it's more entertaining -- for me at least. In no way does Pinball FX2 play more like the real thing...it's more like pinball on steroids.

[quote name='WilliamG']OK so I'm tempted, but really the Wii version is AWFUL. The ball moves too slowly, the graphics suck, the sound sucks. But I really have a tough time believing the game is any better on the PS3/360 when I think the tables are so boring. I'd be amazed if this game really is as good as Pinball FX 2. I mean, the one table Pasha in Pinball FX2 is just so freakin' awesome![/QUOTE]

The Wii version is garbage (same for Gottleib collection). The 360/PS3 versions are FANTASTIC. But if you don't like pinball, then you might as well just pass on it. These are classic pinball games from the 70s-90s, beautifully recreated. Worth every penny!

[quote name='bsmiff']Strange then, that they've abandoned their fans and left us to sit wondering what's up. Maybe they've got something different up their sleeves, like an FX2-style XBLA platform to rival its competitor.[/QUOTE]

Not strange at all. Companies regularly stay tight-lipped about XBLA release plans. I think they may even be required to. I'm not worried.

[quote name='WilliamG']Just watched some videos of Williams Pinball on PS3. I'll pass. I can't stand the absolute meandering pace the ball takes. I've played a LOT of pinball, and no way in real life does the ball just plod along like it has nothing better to do as it does in Hall of Fame.

I'll stick to Pinball FX2. If you watch some videos of them back to back, you'll see what I mean.[/QUOTE]

I've done something you haven't, though: played them back to back. And my real machine. This game is SIGNIFICANTLY more accurate to the real deal.

Forget the Wii version. Pretend it didn't happen. This is a different game entirely.

[quote name='mkelehan']Not strange at all. Companies regularly stay tight-lipped about XBLA release plans. I think they may even be required to. I'm not worried.[/QUOTE]

Then why weren't they tight-lipped about it in the first place? It's one thing to not mention a release until it drops, but it's another to say "January" and leave it at that. I wouldn't say I'm worried, just disappointed and hopeful.

The only thing that had me worried about cancellation is the fact that :360: PHoF Williams is becoming so hard to find new, that this thread exists in the first place.

[quote name='smoger']Hmm... did anyone else notice this?

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/pinball-hall-of-fame-williams-collection-3ds/90116

(sorry, didnt read all 5 pages)

also.. to throw in my .02.. i highly disagree that the wii version sucks.

i love pinball fx2 also, but im constantly trying to shake my controller to bump the table.. it feels so natural[/QUOTE]

Shaking the controller to bump the table may be fun, but the ugly low-res graphics and massive scrolling caused by same, kill these games on the Wii. The PS3 and 360 versions are ultra sharp and clear, with tons more detail on the tables. No comparison at all . . . :speaktothehand:

I still enjoyed the Wii version and if you only had a Wii I can pretty much be sure you won't mind the lower res because well everything else on the Wii has it. Being you don't own one of the higher res systems at that point tells me its not high on your list of importance. Still the 360 and PS3 versions look and play better, the amount they do is debatable.

[quote name='tightclaws']I noticed a 505 error webpage not found, is that what you were alluding to?[/QUOTE]

works for me. it's a placeholder for PHOF for 3ds.

edit: cag referral code is killing the link. just chop off everything after and including the &

[quote name='chimpmeister']Shaking the controller to bump the table may be fun, but the ugly low-res graphics and massive scrolling caused by same, kill these games on the Wii. The PS3 and 360 versions are ultra sharp and clear, with tons more detail on the tables. No comparison at all . . . :speaktothehand:[/QUOTE]

It's not even that shaking the controller is "fun", it's just natural.

And I'm not comparing it to the hd versions as I haven't played those, so I'm not saying it's better. I'm just saying it isn't as bad as it's made out in this thread. In fact, before reading this thread I've never heard a negative thing about it from anyone.

I could also give you the "graphics don't factor into gameplay" speech, but we all have our own opinions on that so what's the point?

I just played this game for several hours after it arrived today. Very fast shipping from gohastings. Now to the rubbish the guy is talking. The ball doesn't meander. It moves great. I easily think that this is the better Pinball game. I own Pinball FX 1 & 2 (and all the DLC for it) which is great fun but I do think the ball is insanely fast in the FX games and somewhat lowers the fun. Real balls in Pinball don't move anything near as fast.

Now FX series are great games and I hold my hat off to them for the polished game and quality of the tables but this Williams Collection is way closer to the real deal. And more fun in my opinion. The humor is evident in the tables and makes you smile while playing. That is what great games do. I do have the luxury of the nostalgia of playing some of these tables in the real arcades and that only adds to the pleasure.

To echo some others if you like Pinball and a game that all your family can play then this will eat up your hours. This is the "Warcraft" of Pinball games. A very much polished and brilliant game, sadly overlooked by many. The lack of a friends leader board is all that is missing from this title and hopefully if they release another set or update this will be included.

The videos that the chap refers to are not very good either. I watched these online as well and they don't even show the game half as well as it actually is. That's akin to watching someone play and then dissing it without even trying it for yourself. Or saying iphones are crap and never actually had one. Load of nonsense!

I started this thread and I'm happy to see other fellow CAG's give this game the time it deserves and it is WELL WORTH the price I paid on GOhastings. My advice: Grab it while you can - I promise you won't be disappointed.;)

Gotta throw my 2cents in and agree the Wii version is nowhere near as bad as people are making it out. Is it as pretty as the 360/PS3 versions? No, but what game is?

I'd say definitely look for the HD versions if you have the setup to truly appreciate it, but the Wii version is NOT a slouch. (plus it was the first version out so for a lot of us its how we first got our Williams fix and LOVED the game until the later versions were released)

The HD versions have Arabian Nights and Medieval Madness. Really, that's all there is to it. Those two are among the most fun GAMES I played on the 360 last year. As far as I'm concerned, you're buying three games : Arabian Nights, Medieval Madness, and an HD version of the Wii collection. Plus No Good Gofers for free!

[quote name='mkelehan']The HD versions have Arabian Nights and Medieval Madness. Really, that's all there is to it. Those two are among the most fun GAMES I played on the 360 last year. As far as I'm concerned, you're buying three games : Arabian Nights, Medieval Madness, and an HD version of the Wii collection. Plus No Good Gofers for free![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call the others an "HD version of the Wii collection", its more like the Wii collection is a butchered downgrade of the original PS3/360 versions. I've played this on the 360 and Wii, and there is no comparison . . .the HD graphics on the 360 really make this game shine, but on the Wii it looks like ugly, low-res crap. And as for the pins, though I agree with you about Arabian Nights and Medieval Madness, there are many other great games on here. Such as Sorcerer, Black Knight, Gorgar, Firepower, and Whirlwind. This collection is superb, really a blast. Hope everyone who likes pinball but hasn't played this can pick up a copy, before they sell out! And I'd love to see a few more of these compilations, but it doesn't look like any are coming soon (beyond Gottleib, which is inferior to the Williams collection).

bread's done
Back