Williams Pinball Hall of Fame Collection only $19.99 used $17.99 for 360

cajunmole

CAG Veteran
Hi, This is my first post so I hope it helps someone as I just discovered this site a few weeks ago and everyone seems so cool and helpful :D

Williams Pinball Hall of Fame. This great Pinball game has 13 tables in the 360 version!

Gohastings.com has the 360 version for only $19.99 new and $17.99 used.
Shipping is $2.28. I'm in Missouri so counting tax etc it works out around $23 new. Amazon has this listed as $42.20. Gamestop isn't much better. Used versions on Ebay are dearer! So if you like pinball grab this. It is in my opinion as good as Pinball FX2.

I'm a new user so it won't let me post the link.:cry:

The other systems is cheap as well so you may find a bargain for them too. I only have a 360 so if you have another system hopefully you'll get a deal on this as well.

Good Luck :)

[quote name='chimpmeister']I wouldn't call the others an "HD version of the Wii collection", its more like the Wii collection is a butchered downgrade of the original PS3/360 versions.[/QUOTE]

I realize it's semantics, but since the Wii/PS2 version came out more than a year before the PS3/360 versions, it would be more fair to call the HD versions an upgrade instead of calling the Wii collection a butchered downgrade.

Still, I agree with your point that the PS3/360 version is superior.

I can't resist reiterating: Fantastic fantastic game! Picked up the ps3 version for $17 last summer since I couldn't find the 360 version anywhere. Too bad about no DLC tables for it though...

As much as I love the XB 360 version, there is one thing that bugs me about the table goals - any Wizard goals you achieve while still on the Basic goals don't count. I've beaten a number of the Wizard goals on various tables, but they haven't counted b/c I had one or two outstanding Basic goals.

It doesn't hurt the gameplay, as I'd still play the tables anyway, but it is a bit frustrating from an Achievement standpoint.

[quote name='waxHead']As much as I love the XB 360 version, there is one thing that bugs me about the table goals - any Wizard goals you achieve while still on the Basic goals don't count. I've beaten a number of the Wizard goals on various tables, but they haven't counted b/c I had one or two outstanding Basic goals.

It doesn't hurt the gameplay, as I'd still play the tables anyway, but it is a bit frustrating from an Achievement standpoint.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a bummer, but the way I see it is this encourages you to get even better at the machines rather than luck out on one big play.

One minor gripe I have is the camera settings could be better on a few pins, like Arabian Nights and No Good Gofers.

Williams Collection is such a great game for the money. It's nothing I'm going to sit down and plow through from start to finish, but it's going to be something that I continuously go back to and play over time. Best of all -- it's one of few games on my shelf that are an absolute lock to NEVER be traded in.

I think it was mentioned before, but Amazon has the Williams Pinball collection on PS3 in their buy 1, get one half off deal right now. So you can pick up two copies of the PS3 version for 13.50 each shipped (no tax), or pick up one copy and some other game on their list at half off. Great deal for a fantastic game! The 360 version is a great price at Gohastings too, can't find it anywhere else at this price.

After seeing this thread, I went back to play my wii version and have to admit it is growing on me. Sticking with it and learning how each table works can be very rewarding. The graphics at 480p look very similar to the HD version screenshots, so I don't think the wii version is that inferior.

I greatly prefer the controls on the Wii version. Having my hands separated just feels more natural for a pinball game. But the extra tables on the 360/PS3 version are awesome, so I have it for both systems. At $20, this game is perfect for anyone who likes pinball at all. I can't recommend it enough.

[quote name='scottman']After seeing this thread, I went back to play my wii version and have to admit it is growing on me. Sticking with it and learning how each table works can be very rewarding. The graphics at 480p look very similar to the HD version screenshots, so I don't think the wii version is that inferior.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, there is a HUGE difference between this game running at 1080p on a 360, and running at 480p (or whatever low-res) on the Wii. If you saw them side-by-side, you'd see . . . just no comparison at all. The HD versions on the PS3 and 360 really shine, with crisp, sharp, detailed graphics that really show off the tables. The Wii version's graphics are much fuzzier with less sharpness and detail, and the lowered resolution results in heavy scrolling to display the playfields.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']Believe me, there is a HUGE difference between this game running at 1080p on a 360, and running at 480p (or whatever low-res) on the Wii. If you saw them side-by-side, you'd see . . . just no comparison at all. The HD versions on the PS3 and 360 really shine, with crisp, sharp, detailed graphics that really show off the tables. The Wii version's graphics are much fuzzier with less sharpness and detail, and the lowered resolution results in heavy scrolling to display the playfields.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. In my opinion Medieval Madness is the best table I've played and I've played all of Pinball FX's tables. Who doesn't laugh at "Is that a sword in your pocket?" and the other funny samples. I'm really glad I found this and bought it as I'll not sell this game at all. My wife even loves it and she doesn't usually play any video games. I've had a hard time getting her off it to watch my shows! The game is truly awesome and well done.

I've seen this thread hanging around for a while. Finally took a look. Sniffing out a better is is sometimes possible. I found one. Not much better but you can get the 360/PS3 versions @walmart for 17.96+tax+ship(free site to store avail). If you prefer to buy new when you can get it cheap enough like I do might as well get it now.

(360) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-Williams-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/10828417#rr

(PS3) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-Williams-PS3-PS3/10828416

Wii version (Gottlieb) also available for $14.96 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-Gottlieb-Collection-Wii-Wii/11395530

regular Wii version used for $14.96 as well http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-The-Williams-Collection-Wii-Pre-Owned-Wii/13313815

No idea what the difference is between the 2 Wii versions and I really don't care. My Wii can go fuck itself. I'm so done with it. Still PO'd at it for producing a Metroid game that was a huge fuckn disappointment. Fast FPS camera switching for boss fights is stupid and ruined the game.

Enjoy! (I hope it's good I ordered the 360 version)

[quote name='chimpmeister']I think it was mentioned before, but Amazon has the Williams Pinball collection on PS3 in their buy 1, get one half off deal right now. So you can pick up two copies of the PS3 version for 13.50 each shipped (no tax), or pick up one copy and some other game on their list at half off. Great deal for a fantastic game! The 360 version is a great price at Gohastings too, can't find it anywhere else at this price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing this out. I was about to buy it from Amazon by itself, but ended up getting another game I had wanted that was included in this sale.

I already had this for the PSP, but also wanted to be able to play it on a bigger screen. And while I was at it, I picked up the Gottlieb Collection on PSP from GoHastings (which had the best price for a used copy I could find).

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I've seen this thread hanging around for a while. Finally took a look. Sniffing out a better is is sometimes possible. I found one. Not much better but you can get the 360/PS3 versions @walmart for 17.96+tax+ship(free site to store avail). If you prefer to buy new when you can get it cheap enough like I do might as well get it now.

(360) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-Williams-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/10828417#rr

Wii version (Gottlieb) also available for $14.96 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-Gottlieb-Collection-Wii-Wii/11395530

regular Wii version used for $14.96 as well http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-The-Williams-Collection-Wii-Pre-Owned-Wii/13313815

No idea what the difference is between the 2 Wii versions and I really don't care. My Wii can go fuck itself. I'm so done with it. Still PO'd at it for producing a Metroid game that was a huge fuckn disappointment. Fast FPS camera switching for boss fights is stupid and ruined the game.

Enjoy! (I hope it's good I ordered the 360 version)[/QUOTE]

The Gottlieb Collection was the first game and has a selection of Gottlieb tables, instead of Williams tables. Basically, different real life tables.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I've seen this thread hanging around for a while. Finally took a look. Sniffing out a better is is sometimes possible. I found one. Not much better but you can get the 360/PS3 versions @walmart for 17.96+tax+ship(free site to store avail). If you prefer to buy new when you can get it cheap enough like I do might as well get it now.

Enjoy! (I hope it's good I ordered the 360 version)[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart's website showed unavailable when this thread was started so they must have decided to restock it. Maybe after reading this thread ;) If you're looking for another deal Maddens 07 (360 version) is in my local Wal-Mart for $60.00. lol I kid you not!

Good find to save that few extra bucks. LOL @ your wii comments. I had a wii too from launch day (caught up in the hysteria) and I got so fed up with it - games weren't interesting enough for me, I sold it soon after.. Still debating whether to get kinect but that's a whole new topic.

The minute you fire up Medieval Madness and hear "Merlin Wise and old, listen to what you're told" you'll be hooked.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wii version (Gottlieb) also available for $14.96 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-Gottlieb-Collection-Wii-Wii/11395530

No idea what the difference is between the 2 Wii versions[/QUOTE]

2 diff releases. One features tables from Gotleib, the other Williams. The Williams tables are better IMHO--more modern, more interesting, and more recognizable if you under the age of 50.

I'm hoping we get a Bally release next--I really want to play some Xenon and Space Invaders. Stern tables would be nice, but all their licensed properties will be difficult to get contracts for to be in a budget release from Crave..

Nice spot on the Walmart deal Chrono Gear, you're going to love this game.

I went to this huge pinball emporium in Austin for the first time last night: http://www.pinballzarcade.com

They've got about 80 machines, many of which are featured in this game, like Taxi, Gorgar, MM, Pinbot, Funhouse and Arabian Nights. To the folks complaining that the physics are off or the tables aren't replicated realistically, I beg to differ. The ball doesn't jump around and over obstacles as much in HoF, but that's really the only major difference I noticed.

Anyone in central Texas who enjoys this game needs to get to Austin and plunk down some quarters at this place. Best arcade I've been to in perhaps forever.

[quote name='bsmiff']Nice spot on the Walmart deal Chrono Gear, you're going to love this game.

I went to this huge pinball emporium in Austin for the first time last night: http://www.pinballzarcade.com

They've got about 80 machines, many of which are featured in this game, like Taxi, Gorgar, MM, Pinbot, Funhouse and Arabian Nights. To the folks complaining that the physics are off or the tables aren't replicated realistically, I beg to differ. The ball doesn't jump around and over obstacles as much in HoF, but that's really the only major difference I noticed.

Anyone in central Texas who enjoys this game needs to get to Austin and plunk down some quarters at this place. Best arcade I've been to in perhaps forever.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the table physics are in the neighborhood of the real thing. I took a trip to Vegas and spent some time playing Taxi and Funhouse at the Pinball Hall of Fame out there and nothing felt off at all. I hit the jackpot in Taxi and the sound was just as loud and grating as it is in the game. Funhouse felt about the same as I expected as well, with all of my shots working the same as the video game version except for the trap door loops. The trap door on the machine didn't close flush with the table, so I'd blame that for not being able to hit it repeatedly.

As for pinballz arcade I also think it is worth checking out given that you have the right expectations. You just have to remember that pinball games have moving parts and wear down accordingly. Every machine in pinballzarcade has flippers that feel weaker than what you'll find in a pinball video game (even their Avatar table), and some machines are partially broken (like Taxi missing its central drop targets). Their twilight Zone machine is so worn that its hardly worth playing, IMO. Still, they have Addams Family, Funhouse, and Theatre of Magic which are widely regarded as 3 of the Top 10 pinball games ever made in good working condition. For that reason I'll keep going back.

[quote name='GoldenSilver']As for pinballz arcade I also think it is worth checking out given that you have the right expectations. You just have to remember that pinball games have moving parts and wear down accordingly. Every machine in pinballzarcade has flippers that feel weaker than what you'll find in a pinball video game (even their Avatar table), and some machines are partially broken (like Taxi missing its central drop targets). Their twilight Zone machine is so worn that its hardly worth playing, IMO. Still, they have Addams Family, Funhouse, and Theatre of Magic which are widely regarded as 3 of the Top 10 pinball games ever made in good working condition. For that reason I'll keep going back.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, though I doubt many people show up expecting those machines to play as well as they did 20 to 30 years ago.

Some junk I noticed aside from what you mentioned: the left flipper on Fire! sticks up every now and then, balls get stuck in one of the ramps on Last Action Hero on what looks like a spinner or sensor that's too tight, and interestingly enough they have the cue ball and 8 ball swapped on Cueball Wizard, kinda strange.

By far though, my favorite 50 cent per play machine last night was Lethal Weapon 3. Had tons of fun on it and recommend you check it out if you haven't yet. Have you considered any of their membership options?

Just ordered through Walmart, actually will get it a few days sooner sent to my house for .99 rather than free to store. I already love Pinball FX, so I'm psyched to get more tables to play!

I'm definitely interested in Pinball FX, but I'm going to wait out a sale on XBLA. I'm hoping with the interest in a discount on the Marvel tables that they will just do a whole week of all the Pinbal FX tables on sale. If so I'm going to need some more points!

Pinball FX is crap compared to this game. I'm not saying Pinball FX is bad, but this game is that awesome.

Some people seem to have called the Wii version bad? It plays exactly the same as the other versions. It just doesn't have the few newer tables and graphics aren't as sharp (but they are just fine). I started with this game on Wii and then got it again when it came out on Xbox 360. I also have the awesome PSP version (which doesn't have the added tables either unfortunately).

Yeah Gottlieb isn't nearly as fun. It is mostly the same game, but with not so good tables. I have it for PS2 and PSP. I'm eventually going to get the newer Wii version. If you are a huge pinball fan like me I recommend picking it up, but you aren't missing much by not having it.

Interesting if a Pinball Hall of Fame is coming out for 3DS. Maybe if we are lucky they will release the updated version with new tables on NGP. Although I can play on split screens, it obviously is not best for pinball. But if you have a DSi or XL I do still recommend buying the DSi Ware game Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon. It is a pretty solid table.

Just wanted to mention to people, if you're interested in the Williams Pinball Hall of Fame for PSP new, Walmart has it for $10.00 even per copy. Use site-to-store and you won't pay any shipping, just tax (1.00 in VA for 2 copies). Didn't want to create a new thread just for the PSP version, so here is the link:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-Williams-PSP-PSP/5996710

This is a very good price for the PSP version, which is really an excellent port.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']Just wanted to mention to people, if you're interested in the Williams Pinball Hall of Fame for PSP new, Walmart has it for $10.00 even per copy. Use site-to-store and you won't pay any shipping, just tax (1.00 in VA for 2 copies). Didn't want to create a new thread just for the PSP version, so here is the link:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pinball-Hall-of-Fame-Williams-PSP-PSP/5996710

This is a very good price for the PSP version, which is really an excellent port.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post about this, picked one up :cool:

Just found the 360 version @ my local Target on clearance for $5.02 (YMMV of course). Looks like I'll be returning my Wal-Mart copy! There's still a couple more left. Would have snagged for TIV but it's not worth the hassle for $1 when someone else can get a good deal out of it instead.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Just found the 360 version @ my local Target on clearance for $5.02 (YMMV of course). Looks like I'll be returning my Wal-Mart copy! There's still a couple more left. Would have snagged for TIV but it's not worth the hassle for $1 when someone else can get a good deal out of it instead.[/QUOTE]

Thats a fantastic deal for the 360 version! For some reason its much harder to find than the PS3 version (which is also excellent).

FYI I was at a local WalMart yesterday and saw multiple copies of the Williams Pinball collection for PSP @ $10.00 per copy in the store; a great deal for the PSP version of this game, which is also excellent. The PSP version is also available online at WalMart.com.

Target.com now shows it as an online item for $20, so likely those were online returns. Maybe there was a reprint of the 360 version.

[quote name='Justin42']$5.02 is an odd price-- was it perhaps an online return, and not clearance?[/QUOTE]

It's funny you ask that. I would have never thought it was an online return. However, the clearance sticker did say "online item" so that's probably the case.

[quote name='scottman']Target.com now shows it as an online item for $20, so likely those were online returns. Maybe there was a reprint of the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this game for 360 was sold out everywhere and going up on Ebay, then suddenly more copies appeared at Walmart.com, Toys R Us, Target, and even Amazon (through a 3rd party but fairly cheap) have appeared. They must have done a reprint of the 360 version due to its scarcity. Same for the PSP version which was disappearing as well. Great for people who didn't get the game upon release!

For all of those pinball fans out there you might want to check vpforums.org . This site focuses on visual pinball which is a emulator for the pc plus has hundreds of fan made tables from bally, sega, williams, gottlieb, and many more.

I am not affiliated with this site other than getting pinball tables from them for my home built pinball 2 monitor cabinet setup. For anybody interested check them out. Also best thing is it's free with a limited amount of downloads.

Just to update, GoHastings.com has Williams Pinball on sale for $12.27 shipped ($9.99+S&H). They have it for both PS3 and 360, new.

I bagged a copy, looking forward to trying it now you all have hyped it up!
I've been enjoying Marvel Pinball on my PS3, a $10 download. It doesn't strike me as amazing but it's pretty good.

Seeing the 360 price as $14.99, but they have the Wii version as well for $9.99. Will probably wait and see if I can snag a copy somewhere a bit cheaper.

bread's done
Back