Win a free Playstation Move from houseparty.com

I already got an e-mail a week ago from them saying I was not selected for this. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Edit: NVM that was for the DJ Hero Party

[quote name='reubensitos']Hmmm it looks like the invites are out. People are getting in. I guess I wasn't a lucky one. Ah well :)[/QUOTE]

You will actually want to log into your houseparty.com account and see what it shows for your application process. the member up above a few posts edited his post and stated he was looking at the DJ Hero house party application not the Sony Playstation Move party.

When I log into mine it shows as still pending and that we will know on or around the 20th. I assume it will update there if you are denied/accepted.

I'm hosting a PS Move party! First one I signed up for too, I was denied the DJ Hero party I signed up for right after this one but I can say that this is much better.

HECK YES!!

This is the ultimate brag thread ever. I was just accepted to host the Playstation Move House Party from houseparty.com on August 21st. Yes almost a month before the move hits shelves.
With this party I will get:

- At least 2 Playstation Move controllers (Not sure if I will get the secondary controller. The party page is pretty vague right now)
- Playstation Eye
- Move games (Looks like The Shoot, Sports Champions, and Start the Party since there are flyers to print out about them.)

So this is the most amazing party I have ever won. It's at least a $200 worth of stuff for free before it even comes out. House Party is an amazing site. Last year my dad hosted a Superbowl party for Verizon Fios and got a free Flip camera and TON of Verizon junk.

I'll update this page as a get more info and when the package arrives. Wanna hear the best part? I don't even own a PS3! I'm going to borrow one for the party from a friend and as long as there aren't any weird rules about it, I'll probably sell off the stuff shortly after. So check back later if you are interested in buying.

Link: http://www.houseparty.com/events/view/playstation

If you didnt get the email today you will be rejected. They always pick a bunch then limit it to the 1st so many to respond from that list.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']If you didnt get the email today you will be rejected. They always pick a bunch then limit it to the 1st so many to respond from that list.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the vote of confidence >_>

[quote name='Coyotezeye']If you didnt get the email today you will be rejected. They always pick a bunch then limit it to the 1st so many to respond from that list.[/QUOTE]

That's not necessarily true. I won the DJ Hero party and wasn't notified I was a host until the evening of the day they said I would be notified. Hope is not all lost...yet. For me, probably...but I will live the dream for others! :D

I was rejected for the DJ Hero party too.... but was selected for this one! I'm super excited. I can't believe they are giving them out a month before the release date.

From the "Party Favors" tab on my House Party account it looks like the three games they are going to be sending those hosting the parties are going to be "The Shoot," "Sports Champions" and "Start the Party." Can't wait to host this event.

[quote name='rockotaco1']Are these gonna be like full retail games?[/QUOTE]
I'd say they would be considering the purpose of the house party is to promote Move and the titles for the launch, but honestly I will not know until the package arrives on my doorstep.

Wow! Each of those games are about $40 on amazon (pre-order). This is an awesome party to get into. I'm so pumped. I've sent invites out to 12 people so far. Can't wait. I am surprised the people who got in are gonna get to have PS Move almost a month early, and The Shoot doesn't even come out until October wtf. :O

Just wanted to say thanks for the heads up OP. I signed up back when you first posted. I followed up on everything, got my "You're in the finals" e-mail yesterday. I then completed all the tasks and got another e-mail from House Party saying I'm being shipped a PS Move Party Package. Sweet.

Way to ruin any future parties! Now the site is going to be totally over flooded with applications and i will never get in! I did the FiOS one and am hoping to get into this one.

[quote name='RoadDogg']Way to ruin any future parties! Now the site is going to be totally over flooded with applications and i will never get in! I did the FiOS one and am hoping to get into this one.[/QUOTE]
By the time the OP made this thread, they weren't accepting new applications anyway.

[quote name='rockotaco1']I didn't get an email but I was accepted! Got in the Win 7 party, rejected for DJ Hero, but I'm in this one. This is awesome![/QUOTE]

WOW you are pretty lucky with HP. Those 2 you got in on are probably the best 2 they have done.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']WOW you are pretty lucky with HP. Those 2 you got in on are probably the best 2 they have done.[/QUOTE]

They did a couple of Verizon Fios parties that came with free Flip HD cameras. That one was cool.

Got my rejection letter, but they also mentioned that Sony is coming out with some sort of VIP Rewards program. Very interesting. I wonder if this will replace the Sony Rewards program in any way?
Thanks for your interest in hosting a House Party™ presented by PlayStation®.

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming demand we received for this event, we were unable to accommodate all applicants for The Ultimate Block Party PlayStation® experience.
However…we’re excited to announce that PlayStation® is hosting a six-month online VIP gaming rewards program, where you can stay connected and engaged to the world of PlayStation®, earn points for free stuff, and have chances to win cool prizes!
This is a separate online program that starts after the House Party. We hope you’ll apply and Play On with PlayStation™. Stay tuned, we'll be in touch in two weeks to tell you more about the online program.
Thanks for partying with PlayStation® and House Party!

Just got an email saying I was rejected :cry:

Thanks for your interest in hosting a House Party™ presented by PlayStation®.

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming demand we received for this event, we were unable to accommodate all applicants for the PlayStation® experience.
We hope you’ll check out the PlayStation® website for the latest news on games, products and more. You can also check out PlayStation® on Facebook to stay in-the-know on product launches and smack talk with other PS3 enthusiasts just like you.
Thanks again for applying to host — we look forward to having you host with us in the future!

Meh... just got my rejection letter... I don't imagine it will be like the Fios party where I got rejected and then accepted.

Maybe they don't like that I've been accepted to two parties but didn't post any pics or anything. Haha.

Mother fucker. I didn't get in either. I was really counting on this one as I don't want to pay for a Move but want to try it out. I think they are doing more then 1 round of it so there is still hope I suppose.

That sucks. I got rejected. But I got into DJ Hero which I care more about and I'm looking forward to the reward thing they are doing.

Did anyone get an email saying that you were rejected but "You’ll STILL be getting a stuffed-to-the-gills party pack!"......?

Also, I was just wondering what's everyone's age here who signed up including those who were & were not accepted? I'm almost 32 and I we have 2 PS3's here, a SLIM & a PHAT plus lots of friends who can attend so I'm not sure what the criteria is for being selected, it seems to me they would want an adult with more than system to demo :whistle2:k.

Oh, and I'm connecting to the site via Facebook, anyone else?

[quote name='retail sucks']Did anyone get an email saying that you were rejected but "You’ll STILL be getting a stuffed-to-the-gills party pack!"......?

Also, I was just wondering what's everyone's age here who signed up including those who were & were not accepted? I'm almost 32 and I we have 2 PS3's here, a SLIM & a PHAT plus lots of friends who can attend so I'm not sure what the criteria is for being selected, it seems to me they would want an adult with more than system to demo :whistle2:k.

Oh, and I'm connecting to the site via Facebook, anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I didn't get that and I also looked and didn't get anything about the rewards thing. Mine just says:

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming demand we received for this event, we were unable to accommodate all applicants for the PlayStation® experience.
We hope you’ll check out the PlayStation® website for the latest news on games, products and more. You can also check out PlayStation® on Facebook to stay in-the-know on product launches and smack talk with other PS3 enthusiasts just like you.

So maybe I just got the "oh look we're on facebook" variety.

Sigh. I got in, needed to be one of the first 1004 to sign-in and confirm but unfortunately wasn't able to get on the internet until around 6pm, which by then all spots were filled. So pissed at myself.

QUOTE=crr_1119;7435853]Sigh. I got in, needed to be one of the first 1004 to sign-in and confirm but unfortunately wasn't able to get on the internet until around 6pm, which by then all spots were filled. So pissed at myself.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks, that's worse than getting rejected. What was the time when the email originally sent stating you were accepted? I'm trying to figure out when the confirmation for selected applicants is sent out.

I've never hosted before and I didn't know you needed to confirm. Also I've noticed that they always email the selected applicants the day before it's stated in the house party rules/date info so since we need to verify it's definitely a good idea to start checking our account status, they may confirm you via the site before the email even gets sent.

Here is the email I got aswell:

Subject: Save the date for a new party with PlayStation

Thanks for your interest in hosting the Ultimate Block Party presented by PlayStation®!

We can tell you’re a true PlayStation® fan, so we’re excited to announce that you’re in the running to host the second PlayStation® House Party! It’s The Ultimate Play Date House Party and it’s scheduled for September 25th — so mark your calendar!

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming demand we received for the first party, The Ultimate Block Party with PlayStation®, we were unable to accept your host application for that experience, but that’s why we added the second party!

There’s so much exciting stuff happening at PlayStation® we couldn’t fit it all into one party experience. So we created two experiences suitable for two different age groups. And the best part? You’ll STILL be getting a stuffed-to-the-gills party pack!

In the meantime, we invite you to get the party started by joining the awesome online VIP gaming rewards program, where you can stay connected and engaged to the world of PlayStation®, earn points for free stuff, and have chances to win cool prizes! Stay tuned, we'll be in touch in two weeks to tell you more about the online program.
Thanks for partying with PlayStation® and House Party!

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some info about what comes in the party pack.
What will be in my party package?

Your FREE party pack includes:
• Two PlayStation®Move controllers + one PS Eye Camera
• Demos of games made exclusively for PlayStation®Move
• Sports Champions™ Frisbees
• The Shoot™ photo frames
• PlayStation®Move quick start guide and product information
• Plus more great gifts to help you host an unbelievable Ultimate Block Party
So looks like no full games but frisbees!

Also legal stuff about not selling the materials.
What is the Participant Agreement?

The Participant agrees as follows:
1. License. SCEA shall provide the Hardware to Participant, at no charge, for the Purpose. All other uses are expressly prohibited. Participant will (i) operate the Hardware competently and according to the operating and environmental instructions (ii) not abuse or misuse the Hardware, and (iii) not sell, transfer or bestow the Hardware during the Term.
2. Location. Participant will keep the Hardware at the Location and will not move the Hardware from the Location. SCEA will ship the Hardware to the Location at no cost to Participant.
3. Ownership and Tags. SCEA has and at all times during the Term will retain all right, title and interest to and ownership of the Hardware including all patent rights, copyrights, trade secret rights, trademark rights, inventions, design rights, maskwork rights and other proprietary rights in the Hardware. Participant will have no right or interest in the Hardware during the Term. SCEA may attach a property tag to the Hardware indicating SCEA's ownership of the Hardware or a tag with language that complies with FCC regulations. Participant will not remove these tags and will immediately inform SCEA if these tags are removed.
4. Confidential Information. The term “Confidential Information” means confidential or proprietary information relating to the Hardware, documents and materials, developed, owned, licensed or under the control of SCEA, including processes, hardware, software, inventions, trade secrets, ideas, designs, research, know-how, business methods, production plans and marketing plans relating thereto whether oral, printed, in machine-readable form. During the Term, Participant will safeguard and hold in trust and confidence and not disclose or use Confidential Information.
5. Reverse Engineering Prohibited. Participant will not directly or indirectly disassemble, decrypt, electronically scan, peel semiconductor components, decompile, circumvent or reverse engineer in any manner or attempt to reverse engineer or derive source code from the Hardware or Software or permit, assist or encourage any third party to do so. Participant will not use, modify, reproduce, sublicense, distribute, create derivative works from or provide to third parties the Hardware or Software, in whole or in part. Participant’s Hardware use is strictly limited to the Purpose. Any other use, direct or indirect, of the Hardware is strictly prohibited. Participant has the burden of proof under this section to demonstrate his/her compliance, and SCEA reserves the right to require Participant to furnish evidence satisfactory to SCEA that Participant has complied with this section. This section survives this Agreement’s termination.
6. Risk of Loss: Participant bears all risk of loss or damage to the Hardware from the time Participant receives the Hardware until the end of the Term. During this time, Participant shall protect the Hardware from loss, damage or theft by third parties.
7. SELLING OR TRANSFERRING THE HARDWARE: PARTICIPANT MAY NOT SELL, TRANSFER, ADVERTISE FOR SALE, OR CONFER THE HARDWARE DURING THE TERM.
8. Indemnification: Participant will indemnify SCEA and its affiliates, officers and employees from and against any claim, demand, proceeding, liability, damages, loss or expense (collectively, “SCEA Claim”) resulting from Participant’s breach of this agreement’s terms including violating Section 7.
9. Legal Costs and Expenses: In the event SCEA must retain the services of a lawyer to enforce the provisions of this Agreement or to file or defend any action arising out of this Agreement, then SCEA is entitled, in addition to any other rights and remedies available to it at law or in equity, to recover from Participant its fees for lawyers and expert witnesses, court costs and expenses, and expenditures recouping the Hardware.
10. WHAT DOES 7, 8, & 9 MEAN: IF YOU SELL, EXCHANGE, LOSE OR GIFT THE HARDWARE BEFORE THE END OF THE TERM (INCLUDING ONLINE AUCTIONS OR ONLINE CLASSIFIED SERVICE PAGES) SCEA WILL FILE IMMEDIATE ACTION AGAINST YOU FOR BREACHING THIS AGREEMENT. IF FOUND LIABLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VALUE OF THE HARDWARE, SCEA’S COSTS OF SUING YOU AND THE EXPENSE INCURRED RECOVERING THE MISSING HARDWARE (INCLUDING LEGAL COSTS).
11. Term and Termination. In the event that SCEA determines, in its sole discretion, that Participant has failed to comply with any provisions of this Agreement, SCEA may demand immediate return of the Hardware and Participant shall comply with such demand. In the event that Participant fails to return the Hardware SCEA will resort to legal means to recover the Hardware.
12. General. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the State of California without regarding to the principles of conflicts of law. No waiver or modification of this Agreement will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between SCEA and Participant with respect to the Hardware and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, understandings or communications between SCEA and Participant, whether oral or written.

bread's done
Back