Win a free Playstation Move from houseparty.com

Damn that sucks, that's worse than getting rejected. What was the time when the email originally sent stating you were accepted? I'm trying to figure out when the confirmation for selected applicants is sent out.

I've never hosted before and I didn't know you needed to confirm. Also I've noticed that they always email the selected applicants the day before it's stated in the house party rules/date info so since we need to verify it's definitely a good idea to start checking our account status, they may confirm you via the site before the email even gets sent.

Here is the email I got aswell:

Subject: Save the date for a new party with PlayStation

I got the email around 12pm. I wasn't able to get on the internet until around 6. :(

[quote name='crr_1119']I got the email around 12pm. I wasn't able to get on the internet until around 6. :([/QUOTE]

I got the same e-mail at 12pm as well. I didn't confirm until 2:30ish and it was too late :bomb:

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I got the same e-mail at 12pm as well. I didn't confirm until 2:30ish and it was too late :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it suck? I wonder around what time all the spots were filled in though, seems they went pretty fast.

[quote name='crr_1119']Doesn't it suck? I wonder around what time all the spots were filled in though, seems they went pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

It really does. I was rejected for the DJ hero party too. Anyway I'm thinking they probably filled up in less than hour.

Yea I was rejected for the DJ Hero Party as well. But I think this is a lot worse because we actually got in, but just didn't sign-in in time for it. =(

[quote name='mistymayem']Found some info about what comes in the party pack.
So looks like no full games but frisbees!

Also legal stuff about not selling the materials.
What is the Participant Agreement?

The Participant agrees as follows:
1. License. SCEA shall provide the Hardware to Participant, at no charge, for the Purpose. All other uses are expressly prohibited. Participant will (i) operate the Hardware competently and according to the operating and environmental instructions (ii) not abuse or misuse the Hardware, and (iii) not sell, transfer or bestow the Hardware during the Term.
2. Location. Participant will keep the Hardware at the Location and will not move the Hardware from the Location. SCEA will ship the Hardware to the Location at no cost to Participant.
3. Ownership and Tags. SCEA has and at all times during the Term will retain all right, title and interest to and ownership of the Hardware including all patent rights, copyrights, trade secret rights, trademark rights, inventions, design rights, maskwork rights and other proprietary rights in the Hardware. Participant will have no right or interest in the Hardware during the Term. SCEA may attach a property tag to the Hardware indicating SCEA's ownership of the Hardware or a tag with language that complies with FCC regulations. Participant will not remove these tags and will immediately inform SCEA if these tags are removed.
4. Confidential Information. The term “Confidential Information” means confidential or proprietary information relating to the Hardware, documents and materials, developed, owned, licensed or under the control of SCEA, including processes, hardware, software, inventions, trade secrets, ideas, designs, research, know-how, business methods, production plans and marketing plans relating thereto whether oral, printed, in machine-readable form. During the Term, Participant will safeguard and hold in trust and confidence and not disclose or use Confidential Information.
5. Reverse Engineering Prohibited. Participant will not directly or indirectly disassemble, decrypt, electronically scan, peel semiconductor components, decompile, circumvent or reverse engineer in any manner or attempt to reverse engineer or derive source code from the Hardware or Software or permit, assist or encourage any third party to do so. Participant will not use, modify, reproduce, sublicense, distribute, create derivative works from or provide to third parties the Hardware or Software, in whole or in part. Participant’s Hardware use is strictly limited to the Purpose. Any other use, direct or indirect, of the Hardware is strictly prohibited. Participant has the burden of proof under this section to demonstrate his/her compliance, and SCEA reserves the right to require Participant to furnish evidence satisfactory to SCEA that Participant has complied with this section. This section survives this Agreement’s termination.
6. Risk of Loss: Participant bears all risk of loss or damage to the Hardware from the time Participant receives the Hardware until the end of the Term. During this time, Participant shall protect the Hardware from loss, damage or theft by third parties.
7. SELLING OR TRANSFERRING THE HARDWARE: PARTICIPANT MAY NOT SELL, TRANSFER, ADVERTISE FOR SALE, OR CONFER THE HARDWARE DURING THE TERM.
8. Indemnification: Participant will indemnify SCEA and its affiliates, officers and employees from and against any claim, demand, proceeding, liability, damages, loss or expense (collectively, “SCEA Claim”) resulting from Participant’s breach of this agreement’s terms including violating Section 7.
9. Legal Costs and Expenses: In the event SCEA must retain the services of a lawyer to enforce the provisions of this Agreement or to file or defend any action arising out of this Agreement, then SCEA is entitled, in addition to any other rights and remedies available to it at law or in equity, to recover from Participant its fees for lawyers and expert witnesses, court costs and expenses, and expenditures recouping the Hardware.
10. WHAT DOES 7, 8, & 9 MEAN: IF YOU SELL, EXCHANGE, LOSE OR GIFT THE HARDWARE BEFORE THE END OF THE TERM (INCLUDING ONLINE AUCTIONS OR ONLINE CLASSIFIED SERVICE PAGES) SCEA WILL FILE IMMEDIATE ACTION AGAINST YOU FOR BREACHING THIS AGREEMENT. IF FOUND LIABLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VALUE OF THE HARDWARE, SCEA’S COSTS OF SUING YOU AND THE EXPENSE INCURRED RECOVERING THE MISSING HARDWARE (INCLUDING LEGAL COSTS).
11. Term and Termination. In the event that SCEA determines, in its sole discretion, that Participant has failed to comply with any provisions of this Agreement, SCEA may demand immediate return of the Hardware and Participant shall comply with such demand. In the event that Participant fails to return the Hardware SCEA will resort to legal means to recover the Hardware.
12. General. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the State of California without regarding to the principles of conflicts of law. No waiver or modification of this Agreement will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between SCEA and Participant with respect to the Hardware and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, understandings or communications between SCEA and Participant, whether oral or written.
[/QUOTE]

Boo, I was hoping for full games but it looks like demos. Might have to order some games now. There was mention of a second party for a few people on the Houseparty site do to the vast interest in this particular party. I'm curious what those people will end up getting.

[quote name='crr_1119']Yea I was rejected for the DJ Hero Party as well. But I think this is a lot worse because we actually got in, but just didn't sign-in in time for it. =([/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I heard other people got in the day before, so I figured I probably got rejected.

Oh and did anyone else get this email?

Thanks for your interest in hosting the House Party™ presented by PlayStation®.

Even though you were chosen to host, you were not one of the first 1,000 people to respond.
However…we’re excited to announce that PlayStation® is hosting a six-month online VIP gaming rewards program, where you can stay connected and engaged to the world of PlayStation®, earn points for free stuff, and have chances to win cool prizes!
This is a separate online program that starts after the House Party. We hope you’ll apply and Play On with PlayStation™. Stay tuned, we'll be in touch in two weeks to tell you more about the online program.

Thanks for partying with PlayStation® and House Party!
Hmm..is this the same as the Playstation 3 Plus?

I got that email. At first I was thinking it was for Plus, but I don't think Plus has the whole "earn points, free stuff" thing going on. Could be wrong though, I never really looked in to Playstation 3 Plus too much.

[quote name='crr_1119']I got that email. At first I was thinking it was for Plus, but I don't think Plus has the whole "earn points, free stuff" thing going on. Could be wrong though, I never really looked in to Playstation 3 Plus too much.[/QUOTE]

I keep thinking this is similar to Xbox Rewards the program Microsoft introduced. Truthfully I do not mind playing games or getting achievements to win rewards or to be entered into winning prizes but if this is a "The more you buy, the more rewards you get" I could care less.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I read at House Party it looks like those that are getting the Move stuff will get it by the 10th of this month, I can't wait to get my hands on the controllers. Also they rolled out that "PlayStation® Online VIP Gaming Rewards Program" that was alluded to after the invites were sent out. I signed up seems like you have to work a bit to get anything, such as post photos, videos, blogs, etc but there might be potential for free stuff outside of just demos and themes.

I got an email today saying I've been accepted for the 2nd party on Sept 25th, there are 1,000 parties packs but 1,800 finalist. I'm wondering will I have to wait for the email to confirm my status or can I just check my account to confirm? also once I confirm(if I can in time) what other info will I have to provide to set up my party besides my shipping address & etc?

Got an email that said my stuff for the 1st party shipped. Should be here before the 12th!!

Edit:

Also included:

• 2 coupons redeemable for 2 free 12 packs of Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coke Zero®, or Sprite®
  • $5 SUBWAY® Card and SUBWAY® Fresh Cateringâ„¢ Menu
The $5 Subway card seems like an odd thing to send.

When you guys get your packs you should post pictures to make us all go into a crazy blood lust. I've been ignoring this thread all month thinking it was just someone bragging about a big win.

Is anyone signing up for the other party offers?

I signed up for the first one, and got an email that said while I didn't make it for the first one, I've made the first cut for the second party scheduled sept 25th. The email says I'm one of 1800 finalists for 1000 partys and I'll get another email the week of august 23rd. The email mentions the second party is centered on eyepet, and will still include 2 move controllers, and a 'stuffed to the gills party pack' So, I guess we'll wait to see what the week of 8/23 brings.

I didn't get email notification that my party pack is on the way, however when I checked the reference number that was posted by a veteran on the House Party site I was able to see I was scheduled to get it on the 10th.
Reference number: 24385 Go to www.fedex.com/us/ then track by reference number and toss in your zip code

However when I checked this morning it was rescheduled to get it today! Again I'll believe it when I see it, but I'll definitely be taking some pictures and making a blog once everything is charged.

Mine supposed to get here on the 10th. On the Fedex page it says signature required for delivery. Does anybody know what happens if you aren't home when it's delivered?

[quote name='mistymayem']Mine supposed to get here on the 10th. On the Fedex page it says signature required for delivery. Does anybody know what happens if you aren't home when it's delivered?[/QUOTE]
I think they reschedule if I remember correctly. In the meantime I posted a blog with my my party pack that did arrive if you would like to see what you are going to be getting.

House Party: Playstation Move

[quote name='Loonknight']I think they reschedule if I remember correctly. In the meantime I posted a blog with my my party pack that did arrive if you would like to see what you are going to be getting.

House Party: Playstation Move[/QUOTE]

Ooo cool. Those can handles are bizarre... It's too bad it only includes demos but I can't complain since this is all free!

Kind of an old thread, but did anyone get into the playstation rewards program? And if you did, is there a referral option? I'm gonna need referred.

Apologies for the bump, but e-mails are going out for the second party. First 1,000 to respond get in for September 25th.

Check your mail if you were on the waiting list (of sorts).

Also, this one comes with the EyePet game. It looks like that is new for this party.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='billyliberty']Apologies for the bump, but e-mails are going out for the second party. First 1,000 to respond get in for September 25th.

Check your mail if you were on the waiting list (of sorts).

Also, this one comes with the EyePet game. It looks like that is new for this party.[/QUOTE]
Where did you see that eyepet was included?

EDIT

Nevermind. I see it now. I wonder if it is actually just a demo though.

Got in as well, for those of you that were part of the first round, how early before the actual party date did you recieve your party pack?

[quote name='lllGurulll']Where did you see that eyepet was included?

EDIT

Nevermind. I see it now. I wonder if it is actually just a demo though.[/QUOTE]
It comes with the Eyepet and Start the Party; so seems like it is a different package all together

I got an email saying i didn't get in for the first party, are they going to do the same for the second one? Was there a totally different signup for the second wave of parties or they go off the first application? I've been signing up for shit all the time on Houseparty after my neighbor got Windows 7 for free. I rarely get picked for anything but I did get picked for DJ Hero and some dumb Beyblade thing.

[quote name='Thorgouge']I got an email saying i didn't get in for the first party, are they going to do the same for the second one? Was there a totally different signup for the second wave of parties or they go off the first application? I've been signing up for shit all the time on Houseparty after my neighbor got Windows 7 for free. I rarely get picked for anything but I did get picked for DJ Hero and some dumb Beyblade thing.[/QUOTE]
The second party is already full to my knowledge...

[quote name='Thorgouge']So it was a totally different sign up? fuck, how did I miss that?[/QUOTE]
They chose 1000 of 1800 potential finalists for the second party and emailed them, there kind of wasn't another sign up

[quote name='Reaggo']It comes with the Eyepet and Start the Party; so seems like it is a different package all together[/QUOTE]

Well, I sure hope they send the buttons with this one as well as the coupons.

i got the same its coming sat for me too

also read about the packs contents somewhere
includes 2 move controllers the camera eyepet the sports gam and some coupons

both games supposed to be full retail versions!

Party box arrived!

web.jpg

bread's done
Back