Winners Announced! The Top 150 Games That I Own and Have Never Played

If you're looking for a great game to play with your wife, Mario Kart: Double Dash is it. And it will only take one night to get a decent fill so you can then move on to Eternal Darkness. Then Resident Evil 4. Then Shadow Hearts Covenant. Then you can finally pull out Rainbow Six 3 and trudge through hours upon hours of agonizing lameness.

I thought my backlog of games is bad.... damn, you got at least $2000 dollars worth of games just gathering dust.

Final Fantasy X (PS2) - best FF since FF7
Zone Of The Enders: 2nd Story (PS2) - best robot action ever
Resident Evil 4 (GCN) - it'll grow on you
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX) - grandaddy of metroidvania
Final Fantasy Chronicles (PSX) - try Chrono Trigger - best RPG of 16bit era

122 Splinter Cell (Xbox)
123 Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox)
124 Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Xbox)

You can see what I like

Damn shipwreck, thats one hell of a backlog. If I were to pick one, I'd definitely go with [highlight]Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay[/highlight]. The game itself is incredibly short, but it's also one helluva ride.

Since you asked for the top five, here are my other four picks.

2. [highlight]Steel Battalion[/highlight] I have not played this game myself; but if I had the controller, I'd be on it like a fly on shit... I wonder how the hell you have managed to hold out for this long without playing it.

3. [highlight]Deus Ex[/highlight] Another game that I have not yet played, but have heard wonderful things about. The main reason I suggest this game is because it's graphics are aging. Get it out of the way.

4. [highlight]Star Wars: KOTOR[/highlight] Best Star Wars game. Ever.

5. [highlight]Shenmue II[/highlight] Couldn't leave one of my favorite Xbox games hanging.

Final Fantasy VIII may not have the cult-like following that is predecessor has, but I still think it's a solid entry in the series. Play it NOW!

FFX is possibly the best title in the series in recent memory, with a tear-jerking ending to boot.

Final Fantasy IV (FF Chronicles) is my favorite old-school FF. The game and characters have aged well.

Vagrant Story is possibly my favorite non-FF game on PlayStation. This late-gen title pushed the graphical capabilities of the PSX to its limit. Oh, and the end is decisively kick ass. I have to say this is one of the few Square games that had a solid "vision" from beginning to end. No "oh crap what do we do now" feeling from the designers at the end.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - The beginning is a bit slow, but the ending is one of the most exciting experiences I've had from a game.

How in the HELL do people consider KOTOR 'one of the best games ever', unless you genuinely like sitting there watching your character fire randomly until they kill your enemies in the game.

Turn-based wanna be RPGish games are horrid, imo. I bought the game on Saturday, after seeing it praised and lauded as the second coming here and elsewhere for about 6 months.

I returned it today and picked up a PS2 Jampack with some demos of games I might actually WANT to play.

Again, two games that I still can't understand HOW they are so praised as 'revolutionary' are Beyond Good & Evil and KOTOR. I've had both and dumped both within a couple days to a month of getting them.

44 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)

Assuming you haven't played the PS2 version, GTA:SA is an amazing game both for its storyline and the amazing fun you can have during free range roaming and exploring.

56 Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)

This is a classic action adventure game that requires both fast fingers and a nimble mind for its puzzle solving.

97 Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS2)

The last great R&C game, it improves substantially upon the amazing original without losing the charming story and tight play control.

125 Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic (Xbox)

An RPG combined with action adventure combined with a compelling story. It is a little slow at first, only because it sets the stage for a very intricate plot.

134 Super Mario RPG (SNES)

This game made me start playing RPGs. It features many of the characters from the Nintendo universe, and is still the greatest Nintendo/Square partnership (IMHO).

I'm not even sure how you call yourself a gamer with so many classics going unplayed!!!! :roll:

1. Symphony of the Night: Castlevania

2. Chrono Cross

3. Silent Hill 2

4. Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner

TIED FOR 5TH. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Resident Evil 4

Put your Xbox360 down and get schooled in the classics, son! ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']How in the HELL do people consider KOTOR 'one of the best games ever', unless you genuinely like sitting there watching your character fire randomly until they kill your enemies in the game. [/quote]

Well, the game gets quite better after the first 5 or so hours of gameplay. Just wait till you get your lightsaber. Oh wait, you sold it. Let's fill you in on what you missed. Great story, awesome characters (HK-47), crazy twists, nice music, massive interaction and player determined story arcs. It may not be one of the best games ever made, but its damn good.

Turn-based wanna be RPGish games are horrid, imo. I bought the game on Saturday, after seeing it praised and lauded as the second coming here and elsewhere for about 6 months.

Only 6 months? The praise has been goin on for years now.:cool:

I returned it today and picked up a PS2 Jampack with some demos of games I might actually WANT to play.

Again, two games that I still can't understand HOW they are so praised as 'revolutionary' are Beyond Good & Evil and KOTOR. I've had both and dumped both within a couple days to a month of getting them.

To each his own I guess.

Toss out your top 5 that shipwrecked should play, and we'll pick it apart.;)

Here's my five,

Final Fantasy Tactics
Metroid Prime
Suikoden
Zone Of The Enders: 2nd Story
Legend of Mana/Secret of Mana(LoM if youre only playing one player, SoM if you have a friend or two to play with)

Deus Ex : I played it for the PC and it was nothing short of amazing. One of my absolute all time favorites.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence : MGS, it's MGS! You play. Now.

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic: A great RPG, an absolute classic. Make sure to play it twice, once on the dark side once on the light.

X-Men Legends II : Co-op is amazing, play with friends.

Chronicles of Riddick : One of the best shooters out there. Very good atmosphere as well as kick ass game play. Really makes you feel like you are in jail. And you get to shank people too.

Resident evil 4 - Best Game EVER!

Devil May Cry - You can fly through this one, you'll be having so much fun, next thing you'll know, you're through

Final Fantasy X - This one will take ya a while, but its worth it

Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker - Dude.. its a Zelda Game!!

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Hard, but fun... and you get to control Luke...

Man, I wish I had all those games too play...

im keepin my list current gen.

11 Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow (DS)

Best game on the DS next to mariokart. i think it's better than symphony of the night... but than again that's just me. play it... love it.

39 Final Fantasy X (PS2)

If you like straight up turn based rpgs with a good ass story and lots of customization this one is obvious. You'll put a good 40 hrs into just completing the story.

61 Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker (GCN)

This game is awesome no matter what anyone else says about the cute graphics. Long, fun, hard, fun, sailing, fun. It's pretty fun.

100 Resident Evil 4 (GCN)

Play it. Any fan of video games should love this game.

109 Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2)

The horse riding may be slightly dull but the moment you take down one of those big fuckers you want to take them all down. Tons of strategy in beating each colossi and the story is amazing despite not having 40 minute cutscenes and tons of dialog.

My suggestions include:

Nights (Saturn)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (Xbox)
Pikmin (GCN)
Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Metroid: Fusion (GBA)
Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2)
Metroid Prime (GCN)
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GCN)
Zone Of The Enders: 2nd Story (PS2)
Resident Evil 4 (GCN)
Phantasy Star IV (GEN)
Shining Force II (GEN)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic (Xbox)

In that order.

Games that I picked are all old style RPG's. The new style and strategy stuff can always be played later.

Shining Force 2 - my fave of the series.
Chrono Cross - fun game and great graphics
Lunar 1 - so MUCH better/more fun than the sequel
Suikoden 1 - I'm a fan of leveling up
Arc the Lad collection - since you have it, you should play it

Noticed that games you listed as playing are all arcade style so maybe you might not be into my suggestions as they all take a pretty big time commitment each - 50+ (at least) hours each.

Hey, shipwreck, I know how you feel. CAG has left me with a total of 187 currently unplayed titles.

Well, you certainly have a hard list to narrow down, but here it goes. I tried to pick games that offer a completely unique gameplay experience, but still it's hard to choose only five:

3 Armed & Dangerous (Xbox)
53 Klonoa 2 (PS2)
67 Maximo Vs. Army Of Zin (PS2)
150 Zone Of The Enders: 2nd Story (PS2)

damn you got a fine fine backlog,

Please note the numbers are not an indicator of preference

Logic for my choices
I kinda went with games that had the best experience overall that didn't spill over to sequels and such so games like the Sony Trilogies were out (although I am on course to going through them, I did the Sly trilogy and now onto Dax and Jaxter, then finishing up with Ratchet and Clank). Since I didn't know whether you played the prequels of some games I opted not to reccommend them, such as Prince of Persia TT (yes I'm well aware of the hypocrisy of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows...I guess I liked it THAT much.) As much as I like a lot of the RPGs you have on your list, those games are a bit counter productive when it comes to clearing a backlog. Anyways onto the list and I hope you get to all 150+ eventually.

1] Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow (DS) / Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)
perhaps the most interchangable of my choices, Symphony more or less was my first Castlevania game, and nothing really has compared (all the rondo of blood people simmer down...too lazy and not stupid enough to pay 200+ bucks for 1 game on a system I have nothing else to play)
Dawn of Sorrow recreates the Symphony experience the best out of the gba/ds castlevania game

2] Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (Xbox)

do you like kicking people? do you like riding buses like a skate board? ever have the urge to run up a building and then drop an elbow on a pedestrian? all this and more in this game. I have to say this eclipses spiderman 2 as the best Super Hero Game out there!
However just remember this piece of advice...the cows are invulnerable!

3] Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2)

You're in a barren land with your horse and the your task is to take down a bunch of colossi because a disembodied voice told you it can help your dead girlfriend(?) come back to life. You find the first one and then you look up...you realize you might be in over your head. I find myself just climbing onto the colossus and just listening to the soundtrack.

4] Steel Battalion (Xbox)
I'm sure you spent at least 100usd on this bad boy why not break it out and treat yourself to an experience a majority of your fellow gamers will never have. Trust me the VT start up sequence is worth the price of admission...for added ambience play it with a projector and a decent sound system...and turn off the lights. helmet optional.

5] Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (Xbox)
I'm a little bias on this one since I just picked it up up again (my backlog is pretty bad as well), trust me the feeling of calling in an airstrike to level a building where your enemy holed up makes you wonder why every game doesn't have this feature.

Honorable Mentions
-Disgaea: I would've recommended it, if it wouldn't affect your ablity to get to your other backlog games (all nippon ichi rpgs have this tendency...)
-Shadow Hearts Series: a lot of obsurd stuff goes on...looks like it would be a fun series to play through

BONUS CHALLENGER! Mario Kart: Double Dash (GCN)

it's Mario Kart, MAaaaaaaaaaaaario KAaaaaart! Giant Turtles! The Wii will retail for under $250 USD! EXCESSIVE STOMPAGE!
sorry I just really needed to type this...

edit: had to add my reasoning behind the choices

[quote name='schuerm26']what is winning?[/QUOTE]

The top ten so far (in alphabetical order):

12 Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)
37 Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
39 Final Fantasy X (PS2)
70 Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
72 Metroid Prime (GCN)

Don't let this keep you from voting on games that aren't in the top 10 list though. There are still a lot of games in contention and it's early. Plus, I really want to know what people genuinely like (and there just might be a couple of secret contests going on as well ;)).

Prize for June 6th - Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (PS1) (Complete)

[quote name='shipwreck']The top ten so far (in alphabetical order):

12 Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)
37 Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
39 Final Fantasy X (PS2)
70 Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
72 Metroid Prime (GCN)

Don't let this keep you from voting on games that aren't in the top 10 list though. There are still a lot of games in contention and it's early. Plus, I really want to know what people genuinely like (and there just might be a couple of secret contests going on as well ;)).

Prize for June 6th - Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (PS1) (Complete)[/QUOTE]

Two Final Fantasy games, and no Ratchet & Clank? MUST, MUST PLAY or DIE!

:)

[quote name='shipwreck']134 Super Mario RPG (SNES)
[/QUOTE]
Surprised that's getting more votes than SoM. I love Mallow as much as the next guy, but... still not a bad choice, by any means.

27 Fable (Xbox)
42 Golden Sun (GBA)
43 Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA)
135 Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)

Super Mario RPG is a must. You will not regret playing Golden Sun 1 + 2. Those are my 3 favorite RPGs ever.

Hard to pick because there are a bunch of good games in that list, but here goes:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX)
Disgaea (PS2)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Xbox)

I love games that are new and different or at least pretty, especially if they involve lots of blowing stuff up and killing things. Hence, my eccentric list:

1. Rez - a complete different kind of shooter
2. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Jade Empire
5. Killer 7

Jade Empire (Xbox)
Chronicles Of Riddick (Xbox)
126 Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II (Xbox)
127 Star Wars: Republic Commando (Xbox)

1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (THE Castlevania game, imo)
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (really f'in great game that I'm still playing)
3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (One of the greatest games ever)
4. Steel Battalion (If you have this, then by god man, play it for those of us who haven't paid the astonomical price for it).
5. Final Fantasy Anthology (FFVI is the best FF game imo) & Final Fantasy Chronicals (Chrono Trigger is a MUST play...perhaps one of the most perfect games ever made)

You've got alot of awesome games there. If you ever want to get rid of some out of the kindness of your heart, lemme know. *nudge nudge wink wink say no more, say no more*

89 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)
27 Fable (Xbox)
20 Disgaea (PS2)

That should keep you busy--!

Phantasy Star IV
Resident Evil 4
Thief Deadly Shadows
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Breath of Fire III
Grandia II

I STILL don't get how KOTOR is so popular, its such a weird combination of action n turn based and that's what really turned me OFF of it.

Then again, I guess I'm just an old school kinda action gamer.

Top 5 from me:

Resident Evil 4
I never liked playing RE 1,2, or 3, but I found 4 to be the equivalent of a room full of chocolate gold coins (sans the dilemma of deciding to eat it or swim in it).

Castlevania SoTN
Haven't played/bought/found it yet, but I have no doubts. One day I'll pick it up, and finally know what I knew I was missing all these years.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect
Currently playing this now (as in tonight, even). Being a die-hard fan of Perfect Dark (N64), I fell in love with this immediately. I've completed 25% of the game so far, but haven't even started the "game" yet. (just like Perfect Dark).

Shadow o/t Colossus
Simply because it would be a shame to not play if you bought it.

Resident Evil 4
I'd like to vote that one in twice :) I think you're getting the hint on RE4 by now.

Crazy... I am in the same situation as you Shipwreck... Im sure if I started a list like this... it would look similar to yours... my choices

Resident Evil 4... why this game is not #1 on most lists suprises me... took what I thought was a boring franchise and revolutionized it... awesome

Phantasy Star 2 since there was no Ph Star 1 here I have to pick this.. one of the first RPGs I played and still one of the best

Nights... something different, as long as you have the 3d controller for your saturn Id pick this

FF Origins... or the GBA version since it has improvements over the origins... although I learned to turn the leveling up health on FF2 to my advantage... its nice to play old school rpgs and not spend hours wasted on cut scenes

I guess I can put Castlevania SOTN there too... but Id pick the other 4 first

I've put off doing this for a while so here it goes:

I decided to make the list by system so you wouldn't make such a big mess by trying to play across so many platforms.

XBox:
Steel Battalion ( Awesome game, the controller sinks you right in)
Knights of the Old Republic (Reason I bought an Xbox)
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (I really like the art design of this series)
One of the Splinter Cells ( I couldn't choose since I like them all, I would probably go with Pandora tomorrow)
Gta: Vice City or San Andreas (San Andreas is HUGE, but I prefer Vice City's story)

PsX:
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (Classic Game that holds it's replay value)
Final Fantasy Tactics (I LOVE this game)
Tactics Ogre (I LOVE this one too)
Xenogears ( A good RPG if you're hankerin to play one)
Chrono Chross ^^^^ I'd pick this one over the other one tho

Ps2:
Final Fantasy X (I'm not a fanboy, maybe I am, but I do love the Sphere Grid system and Blitzball)
Disgaea (You will never tire of this game, at least I haven't)
Devil May Cry ( This game was/is great, Part 3 comes close but I prefer the original
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence ( It's MGS 3, with more shit, need I say more?)
Klonoa 2 or Sly Cooper ( Both of these are awesome platformers with 2 distinctive styles, If you ever decide to part with Klonoa, I'll take it :p )

GCN:
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader (This game has some hard ass levels but you feel like you accomplished something when you beat it)
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem ( this game is so awesome, play at night with the sound turned up, a memorable experience to say the least)
Resident Evil 4 (absolutely brilliant play at night, sound blaring, and prepare for gaming nirvana)
Mario Kart: Double Dash (hours upon hours of fun!)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes or Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker ( Both of these are solid titles, just pick whatever you're in the mood for)

I can't really help on the GBC/GBA games since I doubt I have completed more than a handful of 'em.
And as for GEN/SNES play 'em all. You won't be dissapointed.

Good Luck and Happy Gaming!

GMOOJ

My Picks

12 Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX) - Have to agree with pretty much everybody on this one.
70 Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2) - Assuming you haven't already played Snake Eater this game should definitely get a play through.
56 Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES) - one of the best SNES games there is. Pretty much any Zelda game would be a good one to play but I'll give this one the nod.
110 Shenmue 2 (Xbox) - I recognize that this game isn't for everybody but I think that the style of it is great. A great play especially if you've played the first one or even if you haven't.
132 Suikoden (PSX) - I'm a huge fan of the series and this one is great.

13 Chronicles Of Riddick (Xbox)
You could crank it out in a weekend, and what a fun weekend it would be!

39 Final Fantasy X (PS2)
You could crank it out in 100 or so weekends, and what a -- Nah, it's just a fun and engaging game. Like any FF game, it'll suck lots of hours out of your life.

69 Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction (Xbox)
It's lots of fun running around and blowing crap up, which is somewhat childish. It's also childish that there's added glee that this is game #69. :)

Actually, you can't go wrong with any of the Splinter Cells. I'd actually recommend starting from the original and then going to Pandora Tomorrow and finally to this one, but if you just want to jump in to the latest, Chaos Theory is the way to go.

148 X-Men Legends II (Xbox)
How much fun was the first one? Just more of the same with this one.

1. 100 Resident Evil 4 (GCN)
2. 44 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)
3. 69 Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction (Xbox)
4. 109 Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2)
5. 93 Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones (Xbox)

Here are my votes:

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)
Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)
Resident Evil 4 (GCN)
Suikoden (PSX)

Thanks for the contest!

top 5 in no particular order I think you should really consider playing.

FFX (ps2)
Kotor 1 Xbox
timesplitters Xbox
Legend of Mana PSX
Mario Kart Double Dash GC..

I have a huge backlog too... a lot of which are in your backlog. If I was in your predicament, I'd play the following:

70 Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2) - I recently checked out the Metal Gear Solid series (I can't believe I waited so long to play this great series), and I'm working on this right now. Great game so far.
90 Pikmin (GCN) - Pretty much the reason I got a Gamecube in the first place, and it's still my favorite game for the console.
100 Resident Evil 4 (GCN) - Haven't played it, but I buy into the hype.
109 Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2) - I just played it last month and decided it's my favorite game for the PS2. Beautiful game that's really quite an experience in terms of gameplay.
125 Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic (Xbox) - Haven't played (don't have an Xbox), but from what it sounds, it'd probably be one of the first games I play if I ever do get an Xbox.

Oops, forgot to list the prize for yesterday.

June 7th: The Art Of Tekken Book
June 8th: Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman (PS1) (Complete)

Like a lot of the other CAGs, I can’t recommend a game unless I’ve played it and liked it. with that in mind, I humbly suggest –

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)
All of the 2-D Castlevania games on the list are excellent, but this is the one that set the bar.

Killer 7 (GCN)
Yeah, I know all the haters say it’s a just a fucking rail-shooter blah-blah-bitch-whine-moan-blah, but it’s a truly different gaming experience with impeccable art direction.

The first time your character suffers an insanity effect and you don’t immediately realize that it’s an insanity effect you’ll be hooked!

Resident Evil 4 (GCN)
It’s included in many of these posts for a good reason: It redefines the RE license! The control scheme is tight and intuitive, and it’ll have you asking your friends and family “What you sellin”? for weeks to come.

Astro Boy (GBA)
I’m a big fan of handheld games, and this is my favorite of the portable titles on your list. It’s as deep or as straightforward as you want to make it, and, though the whole time travel/paradox plot element is fairly hackneyed and the game can chug from time to time, the beauty and finesse of the title will leave you feeling that your time was well spent.

well.. seeing the list i see a few on there that are my all time favorite games

first is Knights of the Old republic.. the first game made me feel that i was actually in my own star wars adventure, I loved it and it made me play it until i finished it and made me play it again for the alternate path (light and dark) is a western style rpg in that you get points to put into feats like D&D rather then a very narrow Jrpg style, i loved this style and its hard for me to play JRPGs now.. character customization is amazing and its just a game that makes you feel in another world... highly recommended.

second, i don't know how much time you have for gaming, but Klonoa 2 was a great game and it is on the short side, but that doesn't take away from the 2d platforming experience, it gives enough variety in its gameplay elements that none of the levels seem like a "chore" to do like in other platforming titles.. its a little on the cutesy side, but it is an excellent game and very addicting and fun.

third, i would have to say Armed and Dangerous, it is an excellent shooter and the story is great and its just all around a great shooter, my favorite part of this game is how you can destroy literally everything for no other reason then you want to.. very good jokes in the cutscenes and the shark gun is freaking cool.

Forth, i would say A link to the past, it is the Zelda game that paves the way for all future ones, and i would say this one did the best job in gameplay especially if you loved the original on the NES, some of the dungeons are easy, some of the quests are challenging, and its a game that if you let it, it can consume you. I have played hundreds of games since and I still believe this to be one of the greatest games of all time.

and finally, Super Mario RPG, this has by far one of the best stories in the history of RPG stories, it also is decent length with plenty to do (but not too much) and it has all the lovable mario characters, and it is done right. it has a lot of pop culture jokes (the Axen Rangers) and Bowser kissing Mario.. it is definately a great game that is enjoyable and easy to get into.

i read a lot about your collection, and i understand that you usually only spend maybe a couple hours with each title. and you have a bazillion rpgs on your list.. here are some that I didn't think lived up to the hype:

any Tactical RPG (Ogre, FFtactics, Disgaea) seemed to me when I want to play a game, i want it to focus on battles not micromanaging everything, if you are into managing every single aspect of your army i would say you would love these games, but when you want to focus on "the action" i wouldn't suggest playing these

Persona and Phantasy star 1-4 .. Persona has terrible controls and you are better of playing Persona 2 if you want to be able to control your characters more intuitively, the RPG mechanics weren't bad, it was just really hard to control. Phantasy stars had Dungeon moments that were hard to navagate without a map, so they may be a little flustrating.

the GBA castlevanias, I'm not a big castlevania fan to begin with, but i didn't like them too much, maybe its just me though.

the only other game i wouldn't suggest is the splinter cell games, kinda felt like cheap MGS to me.. i don't know..

thanks for reading my suggestions and have fun.

here's the best:

1.Splinter cell

2.Splinter cell:pandora tommorow

3.splinter cell:chaos theory

4.knights of the old republic

5.Elder scrolls 3:morrowind

Those are my suggestions because they're amazing games.
Especially the splinter cell series,they're masterpeices

bread's done
Back