Winter boot recommendations

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just wanted to get input on a good pair of winter boots for the cheapest price.  I want light and warm...

Do I need to get Sorel boots or can I just pick up a pair of cheap winter boots at Target?

Depends on what kind of gloves you want. There's bulky ones that provide almost no dexterity and it's like wearing a baseball mitt or there's more conforming ones that allow you to actually do things with.

Earlier this year I had enough of wearing sneakers in -C degree weather. So I went to Modells and bought a pair of Smith boots. They were kinda big, but for once my toes did not hurt compared to a pair of Payless boots (which caused blisters in an hour of walking.) They are very comfortable. If you want a better fit, I'd go with the above recommendations.

Hats are easy, I still wear a Yankee hat from 13 years ago!

Scarf, make sure you buy a nice and thick one.

Gloves, the same, unless you can find something better. Besides, why are you using your phone in freakin' cold weather. GTF inside!

I'll echo the question on what you want to use them for and the weather conditions. Personally, I only really rock a knit beanie when I have to clean the snow off my car, fur-lined leather gloves when it goes under 40, and Earthkeeper Timberlands when it goes under 30 and/or wet/snowy, since I'm only outdoors for 5 minutes at the most.

If I had to be outdoors for more than 15 minutes, I would rock one of those wool hats with the ear covers, some beefier mittens, and some insulated boots.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back