Wireless Router Deals

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but CompUSA has the TRENDNet 108Mbps Wireless Firewall Router, 802.11g, b for FREE (after two rebates).

Here is the link:

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...=trendnet+108Mbps&Ntk=All&product_code=344137

It is sold out for delivery, but you can sign up for an in-stock notification. If it does come back in stock, use code ONCAMPUS for free shipping.

Alternatively, if you have CompUSA nearby, you could always order for instore pickup.

[quote name='norkusa']The Linksys WRT54G is $50 at BB,CC, and I think Target. Probably the best wireless router around for the price.[/quote]
not probably... it is the best at that price. it was 40 bucks at BB 2 weeks ago. i got my own cause for the past year i been getting a decent signal from my neighbors linksys WRT54G router (which is on the other side of his house in relation to where i live). my old netgear router sucked and i'm glad i got that linksys one.

Just a warning on the WRT54G, if you get a new one they have been nerfed quite a bit. If you ever plan on using custom firmware you won't be able to, so either find an early version model or get the WRT54GL version that has more memory.

Yeah, if you don't mind spending an extra $20, the WRT54GL is the way to go. Don't have one yet myself but I plan on getting one soon from newegg. I know one of the advantages of flashing the GL with custom firmware is that you can unlock and enable the "Speed Boost" option for better wireless speeds. Another is better connections with bittorrent clients because the WRT54G only allows 100 max connections and crashes if you go higher than that. I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I don't know about that you can do with it too.

bread's done
Back