Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

[quote name='bug_nuts']they also had that ps3 hancock blu-ray / remote combo.... it was in teh same glass lockup as the hot shots golf.... i asked to see it so she moves the glass door the other way i reach for the game... and she screams "DONT REACH INTO THE CASE SIR".......... i was like wtf..... are you kidding me?! that is by far one of those walmarts that make u question humanity....... a complete craphole..... but its walmart... the risk one takes lol

cheers
bug_nuts[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. The Walmart here in Racine really makes me question society. All of their employees appear to be the dumbest people set on this earth.

FYI, Blockbuster on 124th and Capital (Brookfield) is doing the buy1 get 1 free deal on games.
I got Mercs 2 for the PS3 and Ninja Gaiden for the DS for $10.00

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, East Madison Best Buy has a number of the Best Buy titles that are listed at $29 but ring up at $19, plus the B2G1 sale. I got Chrono Trigger, Henry Hatsworth and Broken Sword for $40. (The website didn't say they had Hatsworth, but in fact they had multiple copies; I left at least 2 copies of all those games on the shelf.) They also have Moon for $20.

Sean... long time no see.

I picked up 3 titles at the East store the other day as well.

Wanted to pick up Ninja Gaiden for the DS, but it's still ringing up at $20 here.

fear not wisconsinites, im still here, and will keep everyone informed of any good clearance drops, i started doing the price changes again a couple weeks ago, but nothing real good has come up, just a bunch of pc and regular xbox games

You da man, Krunks.

Seriously, every time I drive by Shopko I think of the work you've done here.

Well, that and the Ryan Braun picture... that man is a beast.

[quote name='seanw']FWIW, East Madison Best Buy has a number of the Best Buy titles that are listed at $29 but ring up at $19, plus the B2G1 sale. I got Chrono Trigger, Henry Hatsworth and Broken Sword for $40. (The website didn't say they had Hatsworth, but in fact they had multiple copies; I left at least 2 copies of all those games on the shelf.) They also have Moon for $20.[/QUOTE]

What a coincidence, I made the same exact purchase at the Racine Best Buy and left the same number of each on the shelf. I was looking through the racks to see if there were any titles I wanted and I noticed all 3 of those had recently gotten new price stickers and were now all $19.99. I had my eye on all 3 and the price drop sealed the deal. I wanted AOE Mythologies too and was hoping when my sister went she would pick it up if they needed a 3rd title. She told me I was out of luck, my oldest nephew decided to get it for himself.

Target in lake geneva hasn't had a clearance section in over a month. WTH!?!? Forgot about this thread and wanted to check in

I went to the Movie Gallery in Stoughton in re the $5 sale -- of the three clerks, only the manager knew about it and hadn't thought it started yet. While I browsed, they confirmed that the code was a go, but the only think I wanted to pick up was a DS game. They couldn't quite get the code to work, and then noticed that the DS wasn't on the list of approved platforms. Because we'd already started this transaction, they overrode it for me, which was v. nice. They have a reasonable PS2/3 and XBOX/360 selection.

Went to Oregon and they didn't know about it. I suggested they call Stoughton for the code, and the clerk reported back that the Stoughton store said that the only area stores participating in the sales were Stoughton and Richland (Center?). If anyone hears otherwise, let me know.

[quote name='seanw']I went to the Movie Gallery in Stoughton in re the $5 sale -- of the three clerks, only the manager knew about it and hadn't thought it started yet. While I browsed, they confirmed that the code was a go, but the only think I wanted to pick up was a DS game. They couldn't quite get the code to work, and then noticed that the DS wasn't on the list of approved platforms. Because we'd already started this transaction, they overrode it for me, which was v. nice. They have a reasonable PS2/3 and XBOX/360 selection.

Went to Oregon and they didn't know about it. I suggested they call Stoughton for the code, and the clerk reported back that the Stoughton store said that the only area stores participating in the sales were Stoughton and Richland (Center?). If anyone hears otherwise, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I called the Hollywood Video on Monona Drive in Madison, and the sale is going on there. I doubt I'm going to be able to make it there anytime soon. Unless someone tells me they have extra copies of Far Cry 2, Force Unleashed, or Blue Dragon, then I might have to make the trip.

I had to call 3 movie galleries in the Wisc Dells area to find 1 that was actually doing the $5 games deal. Picked up NBA Homecourt, Skate, Ninja Gaiden 2, GRAW 2, and Mercenaries 2

If anyone is interested in the GS B2G1 deal, the store in Regency Mall here in Racine had an excellent PS3 selection when I went in this morning. FNR4, Prototype, Bigs 2, Tiger Woods 10, just a great selection of newer used games.

Both GS's here though had somewhat slim pickins for the 360 though. I grabbed the only copies of Prototype and Tiger Woods 10. Neither had NCAA 10 or Bigs 2 though. I did however see one copy of FNR4 at the Regency Point GS for the 360.

sheboygan, wi best buy had 2 bins with bunch of 360, ps3, wii, ds, psp, ps2 for 75% off. here's a few that i remember off the top of my head. the selection was 'so' 'so' bunch of old stuff, but could be gems to others. I was told though that someone came and bought up 500 bucks worth of games, wonder if they nabbed all the good stuff:

Quake Wars - 7.50
Beowulf - 5
Baja - 5
Sega Rally - 5
Turning Point - 5
Superman Returns 2.50
WWE RAW 2008 - 7.50
Madden 09 CE - 15
Guitar Hero II - 2.50

Wii
Samba de amigo - 5
Word coach - 5
too many other wii shovelware

PS3
Warhawk (game only) - 5
Guitar Hero III - 5

Not sure if they are talking about me but I saw that deal and it was over $550 before discount. I bought only stuff I wanted and did not just buy stuff to trade in.(I hate when people do that)

Wii
animal crossing with Wii speak - 17.50

PS3
Heavenly Sword - 15.00
Silent Hill Homecoming - 10.00

Street Fighter 4 collectors edition - 20.00
Mortal Kombat Vs D.C Kollectors edition - 15.00
Tom Clancy's End War with Wireless Headset - 22.50
Baja - 5
Grid - 7.50
Sega Rally - 5
Lost - 5
Sonic/Shrek 3/Viva Pinata Party 3 pack - 5

total $133

[quote name='Static Puff']Not sure if they are talking about me but I saw that deal and it was over $550 before discount. I bought only stuff I wanted and did not just buy stuff to trade in.(I hate when people do that)
[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for letting me know what you got. when did you go? i went saturday afternoon around 5pm. I just felt so bad, cuz i stopped by the target about 11am that morning and decided not to go to best buy. then the employees told me that they had like 2 huge bins and felt that i missed out on some pretty sweet deals. did u see anything else worth mentioning? i just was so upset at myself. thanks man.

[quote name='deletion']Hey thanks for letting me know what you got. when did you go? i went saturday afternoon around 5pm. I just felt so bad, cuz i stopped by the target about 11am that morning and decided not to go to best buy. then the employees told me that they had like 2 huge bins and felt that i missed out on some pretty sweet deals. did u see anything else worth mentioning? i just was so upset at myself. thanks man.[/QUOTE]

I was there around noon on Friday. Have not been in that store for like a year went up to Sheboygan cause I wanted to check their Gamestop for used games for the b2g1 sale. The only other things I saw there was Hot Shots Golf, Saints row 2 collectors edition and Brother in Arms collectors edition all for the PS3 not sure on price on any of them.

thanks static puff. i feel better now. i probably would not have picked up the PS3 versions of saints row or brothers in arms. would of if they were 360.

I tell you I would like to find out who are the hoarders around SE WI because unless you happen to stumble on a deal around here everything is going if you blink.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I tell you I would like to find out who are the hoarders around SE WI because unless you happen to stumble on a deal around here everything is going if you blink.[/QUOTE]

Weird ive had pretty good luck! anything in particular ur looking for? ill keep an eye out!

anyone find a ps3 SFIV cheap?

-bug_nuts

[quote name='bug_nuts']Weird ive had pretty good luck! anything in particular ur looking for? ill keep an eye out!

anyone find a ps3 SFIV cheap?

-bug_nuts[/QUOTE]

Haha maybe thats why I cant find anything.. And to answer you im always looking for stuff. its just overall I would like to get on a deal once in awhile... I dont know how anyone finds anything at any targets around here unless you can check daily..

gotta go on monday man! milwaukee is ALWAYS behind on the drops.. which is actually pretty awesome... but i am a jobless college kid... so i got time... LOTS OF TIME... let me know if u really want anything and ill make ur deal dreams come true..... lol

Heads up for Milwaukee-area 360 owners - the New Berlin Goodwill had 4 sealed copies of Xbox360 Dragonball Z Burst Limit for $9.99...it now has 3 :D ...good luck!

West side Madison Target had nerf N-Strike blasters (no game) for $3.74, I grabbed one of those. They're in one of the toy isles.

I also saw Star Wars TFU PS2 for $13.98, I think; three left. They had quite a bit of new clearance. I can't remember what all there was, but I'll try to remember specific items if anyone is really looking for something.

Oh, I do remember Kim Possible (or some such) on GBA. They had like forty of those.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Does that target have any 360 games?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a whole case full behind the glass!:bouncy:

Oh, you mean clearance....I think so, but I didn't check any prices, what with me having no xbox 360 and all.

[quote name='getvioletic']Target in Fitchburg has a few copies of MadWorld for 20.98.[/QUOTE]

bout time those finally dropped.

maybe wait a bit more and they could be hovering around .... what's the next number 17 or 16? or do they go to 14.98?

That would be a better price.

14.98 would be the next price.

Personally, I'm waiting on Motorstorm Pacific Rift to hit $14.98. There are a few copies on the West Side and in Fitchburg.

I do wonder how many of you I've seen walking by the clearance sections over the last few months. heh.

[quote name='psunami']14.98 would be the next price.

Personally, I'm waiting on Motorstorm Pacific Rift to hit $14.98. There are a few copies on the West Side and in Fitchburg.

I do wonder how many of you I've seen walking by the clearance sections over the last few months. heh.[/QUOTE]

We could develop a secret handshake.

[quote name='psunami']14.98 would be the next price.

I do wonder how many of you I've seen walking by the clearance sections over the last few months. heh.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mcelfour']We could develop a secret handshake.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I gotta wonder too.

I rarely go, maybe once a month, so I'll probably hardly run into any of you.

I did manage to pick up that Riddick game. Chronicles of Riddick PC for

I just went to the Target in Fitchburg and this is what they had:

PS3 :ps3:
F.E.A.R. 2 - $24.98
Motor Storm - $14.98
Motor Storm Pacific Rift - $29.98

360 :360:
HAWX - $41.98
NHL 09 - $41.98

Wii :wii:
AMF Bowling - $13.98
Wall-E - $20.98
Space Camp - $13.98
Ultimate Band - $12.48

PS2 :ps2:
Mortal Kombat Kollection - $13.98
Madden 09 - $13.98
NBA 2K9 - $4.98
Rock Band Track Pack 2 - $20.98

PSP :psp:
NBA 09 The Inside - 14.98
Naruto 2 - 19.98

My hope is that Pacific Rift hits 14.98 tomorrow.

Hopefully I can grab a copy before it's gone. I think there were 3 left last time I looked.

West Side Target had that one as well.

I picked up Riddick (360) for $14.98 at Target (Madison - Westside) this weekend. They still had 4-5 left as of Sunday. They also had 1 HAWX (360) for the same price, but I left it there. These were definitely $29.xx a few days before.

Best Buy in Lake Geneva had a good clearance going, better than all the other ones I've seen. The way it worked was if you got one game on clearance you got 30% off, two games got 40% off each game, and 3 games equaled 50% off each game. The best buy at... best buy.... was the xbox 360 controller with viva pinata combo pack. Picked up that with brothers in arms and avatar for a total of $43. They had several collectors editions of street fighter 4 and end war as well. Games were in 3 spots, at front of game section, on back game wall and up by register. This was a couple of days ago so good luck cag's!

also, it didn't seem to matter game prices, aka, if you got the end war bundle priced at 90 and two games priced at 10, you got 50% off each individual game.

Target in Fitchburg dumped a whole lot of clearance games on the shelf this week. Lots of 30% off stuff. Patapon 2 for the PSP, Riddick for the PS3, a few others... none than I can remember at the moment though.

Credit to the OP in the video game forum for pointing out a bunch of games at 50% off at the Brookfiield Best Buy. Picked up a Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway CE for $19.99 and Scene-it 2 unbundled for $9.99, both for the 360. There's still a bunch of other titles for the 360, PS3, Wii, and some for the PS2 and PSP.

Best Buy at Mayfair is having a 50% sale on a lot of titles.

the one that sttod out for me was Saints Row 2 Collectors PS3 edition for $15.00 They had about 6 there when I left.

[quote name='mavruss']Best Buy at Mayfair is having a 50% sale on a lot of titles.

the one that sttod out for me was Saints Row 2 Collectors PS3 edition for $15.00 They had about 6 there when I left.[/QUOTE]

Did they have any 360 stuff in that sale?

bread's done
Back