Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

I've had KZ2 for two months now and played it once, it's hard to get used to different controls......i need more time.
I've probably only played:

5/32 pS3 games
1/20 360 games
1/15 wii games
10/40 ds games
I won't even go into ps2, xbox, and GC

[quote name='Shiroh30']I've had KZ2 for two months now and played it once, it's hard to get used to different controls......i need more time.
I've probably only played:

5/32 pS3 games
1/20 360 games
1/15 wii games
10/40 ds games
I won't even go into ps2, xbox, and GC[/quote]

Just recently traded in my Killzone 2 and RE5 this weekend for a DS Lite ha ha

[quote name='Shiroh30']ahh good deal...did you beat those games?[/quote]

No lol I never even played RE5 I had to open it to trade it in.. thing is I payed $35 for it with a PM when it launched and got $42 in credit with the trade 5 promo..

KZ2 I got pretty far in and I will probably rebuy them when they drop in price which will happen either that or snipe bid someone on Ebay to get them cheaper lol.

If anyone in the Madison area managed to pick up an extra Infinite Undiscovery or Red Alert 3 and would be willing to meet me Downtown or by Campus, I would be most appreciative!

I hate not having a car because I miss deals like this and only have the crappy Gamestop on State St. to make me content.

No lol I never even played RE5 I had to open it to trade it in.. thing is I payed $35 for it with a PM when it launched and got $42 in credit with the trade 5 promo..

KZ2 I got pretty far in and I will probably rebuy them when they drop in price which will happen either that or snipe bid someone on Ebay to get them cheaper lol.

ha!...i rarely beat any games, man. I was so close in Fall-Out 3 (like 120 hours), but i haven't picked it up since january

[quote name='Shiroh30']ha!...i rarely beat any games, man. I was so close in Fall-Out 3 (like 120 hours), but i haven't picked it up since january[/quote]

Fallout had me hooked and now I have not played it since Thursday and I have no ambition to go back to it ha ha..

[quote name='Shiroh30']This a good game? I picked it up because it looked cool. Picked up Soul Calibur IV, Fracture, OD, some sing it and singstar games for my daughter, silent hill homecoming, and......

three rock revolutions that i immediately traded in to BBV for $19 each!, but then they didn't have shit for games and I didn't have nothing to buy, ended up buying Rockband 2 for the wife for $30 and with $27 credit....oh well[/QUOTE]

The camera sucks, the levels tend to drag on and on and it is a bit standard for strategy RPGS but over all its not a bad game especially for $10. The story is pretty cool and the difficulty is in the sweet spot as its challenging but not pull your hair out hard. I was surprised to see Spectral Soul 3 wasn't on the list. The Racine store still has a couple copies the last time I was in there

The camera sucks, the levels tend to drag on and on and it is a bit standard for strategy RPGS but over all its not a bad game especially for $10. The story is pretty cool and the difficulty is in the sweet spot as its challenging but not pull your hair out hard. I was surprised to see Spectral Soul 3 wasn't on the list. The Racine store still has a couple copies the last time I was in there

thanks, I probably will never get around to playing it....

yeah hooked is right word for me too or used to be hooked, i've telling myself I have to play for the last month....there was a time where I was like 60 hours in and the shit started freezing up on me in tenpenny tower.....I don't know what I did, because I decided to play after a night of drinking at the bar....next day I couldn't get into the building and had to do full power offs to get the game working again. I finally figured out a way to get around it, so I didn't have to re-start. if this happens to you let me know, and i'll tell you what worked for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Terrenceistheman']if it helps anyone to know.. the East Madison Bestbuy has the xbox360 version of the Collectors Edition of Saints Row 2 for $50 + 50% off or $25[/quote]

Got anything cool like that for PS3 there? W Madison doesn't :(

If anybody in Madison is still looking for Pure (X360 or PS3) or Infinite Undiscovery for $10, I know for sure that the Wal-Mart in W Madison (off of Gammon) has them. I was there tonight and saw they had Pure and I.U. for X360 labeled $9.99, so I asked about the price-matching for Pure for the PS3 and the guy working electronics made the change in the system b/c it was in the ad (well, at least the X360 version is, and he said it would apply to both). Unfortunately, he couldn't make the change for MLB: The Show 08.

The Monona Wal-Mart does not have any of the games price matched. I did not ask if they would as they did not have Overlord, which is the only one I am after. Has anyone hit the East Side Walmart?

[quote name='gtbrown77']Got anything cool like that for PS3 there? W Madison doesn't :([/quote]

sorry, i didnt look. there was a YMMV thread on Collectors Editions being 50% off.. so i went to see.. and sure enough, the SR2 had a bill sticker on it that said 50% off.. i was actually looking for the CE of madden 09

next time i stop in, i will def check for ya

[quote name='Quest15']The Monona Wal-Mart does not have any of the games price matched. I did not ask if they would as they did not have Overlord, which is the only one I am after. Has anyone hit the East Side Walmart?[/quote]
if it helps, i was able to PM pure for 360 (pictured in the ad) at the Sun Prairie Walmart w/o any trouble

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']if it helps, i was able to PM pure for 360 (pictured in the ad) at the Sun Prairie Walmart w/o any trouble[/quote]

I stopped in there yesterday morning, and they had no more copies of Pure left. I may stop at East Wal-Mart this morning on the way to work, but unfortunately I don't have a paper BB ad. Hopefully they have one on hand or have already adjusted the price like West did.

I went to East Wal-Mart this morning. They did not have it marked down automatically, but they did a price match on Pure for 360. Fortunately they had a paper ad there that they consulted. The manager that came over to do the override didn't seem to happy about doing it. He said something like, "Well, as long as they still have it go ahead and do it". Fortunately they didn't ask if Best Buy still had it in stock.

They had several more copies of it left, as well as copies of C&C Red Alert 3, Infinite Undiscovery, and a few Soul Calibur 4 for PS3.

Was able to use the reward zone coupon for $20 off infinite undiscovery and get it for free. just a heads up to anyone still looking to get IU.

Odd (mostly off topic) post... but, if anyone is looking for a nicely used, affordable futon, I'm moving out of Madison and looking to not move it with me. PM me and we can talk. May also have a few other things to clear out as the move gets closer (monitor, possibly an HDTV).

Anyone who is in the Green Bay area, there was about 20 rock revolutions for 360 and PS3 as of Saturday midday at Best Buy. 10 bucks each, heard you could trade them at BBV or something.

Also, at Preplayed I saw Chaos Wars for PS2 for about 25 bucks. Came with box, not sure about instructions. About 10 bucks cheaper than if you'd buy online I think.

[quote name='aeri']Anyone who is in the Green Bay area, there was about 20 rock revolutions for 360 and PS3 as of Saturday midday at Best Buy. 10 bucks each, heard you could trade them at BBV or something.

Also, at Preplayed I saw Chaos Wars for PS2 for about 25 bucks. Came with box, not sure about instructions. About 10 bucks cheaper than if you'd buy online I think.[/quote]

There is still a Gamestop near me with 4 sealed copies of this game... People buy it due to rare factor but this game is a turd all around... I would say pass on it even if you were thinking of getting it for the rare factor.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']if it helps anyone to know.. the East Madison Bestbuy has the xbox360 version of the Collectors Edition of Saints Row 2 for $50 + 50% off or $25[/quote]

[quote name='gtbrown77']Got anything cool like that for PS3 there? W Madison doesn't :( [/quote]

Went to the East Madison BBY today and got SR2 CE for PS3 at 50% off. They had a few other PS3 CE's at 50% as well. I don't remember all of 'em, but definitely SR2 (7 left after I purchased mine), BIA:HH, and WWE Smackdown v. Raw. I also saw Facebreaker (not a CE...don't think there is one for this game) for 50% off (making it 9.99), and there were some others, but I was in a hurry, so I didn't have time to check 'em all out. They also had some X360 50% off, but I don't have an X360, so I didn't really look.

Picked up the 360 Two Worlds collectors edition for $5 at the Cudahy GameCrazy. There were still 3 new/sealed copies there as of Friday.

Rich

I'm going to indulge in a little shameless self promotion if that's okay (if not, ignore this post):

For anyone in the MADISON area, I'm graduating/moving in a few weeks and need to unload a bunch of furniture and stuff. Some stuff is in my TL (check my signature), most isn't because I can't ship furniture (it's big and heavy). If you're looking to furnish an apartment, shoot me a PM (won't bore everyone with the details here). Futon, desk, bookshelves, LCD monitor, lamps, etc.

EDIT: I'll deliver pretty much anything to Madison area locations.

Thought I'd give the heads up to local MMA nuts. The Racine Gamestop in Regency Point (the one not in the mall) is doing a midnight launch for the UFC game on Monday night.

I was actually surprised to find this out since I know a lot of people whose Gamestops aren't doing a midnight launch. I guess here in Racine we have quite a few people interested in MMA.

[quote name='dkreegz515']Best Buy in Waukesha --- GH3 bundle for 25... they had at least 8[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy in Menomonee Falls has Guitar Hero III Bundle (PS3) for $19.99.. lots of them

[quote name='dimeadz']If anyone is looking for a backwards compatible ps3, the Toys R Us in Janesville has a Metal Gear Solid Bundle.[/QUOTE]

How much was it?

Best Buy store #24 (Northridge) in Milwaukee has tables up by the door with clearance merchandise for a memorial day weekend sale. I saw the following:

- Acer Widescreen LCD Display (20" I think, floor model) $90
- Assorted Batteries (mostly flat cell batteries)
- Bose iPod Speaker Sound Dock $149.99
- Digital Camcorder HDD Floor Models
- Digital Camera Floor Models
- Digital SLR Camera Lens Covers, Filters, Adapters
- Fender Distortion Pedals (variety of colors, features - $14.99 to $19.99)
- Guitar Hero T-Shirts $0.99
- Guitar Hero USB Charger, 3rd Party Wired/Cordless Guitars $9.99
- Kodak Rechargeable Camera Batteries
- LG Open Box Portable DVD Player $110
- Microphones
- Microwaves (I forget the prices)
- PC Software $5 each (Dungeon Runners with 6month subscription, Rhem3, Space Chimps, Two Worlds, plus more)
- Wii Fit Accessories (water bottles, wrist straps, towels, etc - from $0.50)

Also saw some sort of glasses you wear to watch video, or listen to MP3's. I forget the name of it but it was marked down to $179.99 and Myvu brand.

If your coming from a distance, I snapped some camera phone photos around 5pm today I can post.

[quote name='bug_nuts']anyone happen to get a ps3 afro samurai from target? that they would be willing to sell or trade for?!

cheers
bug_nuts[/QUOTE]

damn bro, you're like a month to late......I sold and trade both of mine for what they cost me......$15

the new target in sun prairie (east of madison) had lips on sale for $34.xx
not an amazing game, but it is fun and the upcoming rockband update is supposed to allow for the 2 wireless mics to work w/ it

I think they had 4 or 5 of them when I was there on Thursday.

My hope is that they'll still be there at the $25 price. It'll be nice to have almost everything wireless for Rock Band/Guitar Hero.

Has anyone had any luck with Sears clearance in the milwaukee area? it seems like there is never any really good clearance.... or is it just me?!
also, if anyone happens to find an afro samurai for $15 at target let me know!!!

bug_nuts

[quote name='bug_nuts']Has anyone had any luck with Sears clearance in the milwaukee area? it seems like there is never any really good clearance.... or is it just me?!
also, if anyone happens to find an afro samurai for $15 at target let me know!!!

bug_nuts[/QUOTE]

Bayshore

Clearances have dried up around the area lately.
Even targets around here seem to ship out their clearance shit after it gets to around $15, or donate it to your local goodwill. I've seen a lot of target clearance crap in goodwills.

Just found this thread, figured a good place to ask, anyone know of any stores that sell N64 games in Milwaukee besides the CD warehouse/MMX on Brady and the Mega Media XChange on 76th st?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Just found this thread, figured a good place to ask, anyone know of any stores that sell N64 games in Milwaukee besides the CD warehouse/MMX on Brady and the Mega Media XChange on 76th st?[/QUOTE]

There is a place in Germantown,WI that the guy sells a bunch of retro gaming stuff but he has strange hours. Also you may want to try Record Head on I think 70th and Greenfield Ave.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Just found this thread, figured a good place to ask, anyone know of any stores that sell N64 games in Milwaukee besides the CD warehouse/MMX on Brady and the Mega Media XChange on 76th st?[/QUOTE]

There's a CD Max that is currently merging with Mega Media XChange in Brookfield on Blue Mound Rd (right next to the Best Buy) that has some N64 games at decent prices.

If any of you happen to get to a best buy today, try to get a Gears of War 2 LE edition guide for me please. I'll drive to wherever you are (as long as its SE WI isn't more then an hour or so away lol.) Thanks :)

[quote name='perdition(troy']If any of you happen to get to a best buy today, try to get a Gears of War 2 LE edition guide for me please. I'll drive to wherever you are (as long as its SE WI isn't more then an hour or so away lol.) Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

i saw the hard cover GEARS of war 2 guide at best buy in brookfield, on bluemound road

Cheers

bug_nuts

bread's done
Back