Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

Shopko has GHWT for PS3 @ $20.99.

The other GHWT & Rockband for other systems were not marked. They were on the top shelf and way out of reach. Anyone know if the Xbox360 is the same price?

I don't want to get someone and end up not getting it.

[quote name='RoGo7']Shopko has GHWT for PS3 @ $20.99.

The other GHWT & Rockband for other systems were not marked. They were on the top shelf and way out of reach. Anyone know if the Xbox360 is the same price?

I don't want to get someone and end up not getting it.[/QUOTE]

Game only?

[quote name='Derrick1979']Yeah it looks like if your in the Milwaukee area your stuck with the Crudahy location now if you want a GC store..[/QUOTE]

Anyone really like game crazy? the ones in mill seem kinda .... well crappy

I used to work at the one in West Allis on National before they closed.

Old manager when I first started was the biggest thief, then the guy after that was cool, we had halo 2 parties at his house sometimes. It's been an Advance Auto Parts for almost two years now.

I never really had any good experiences at any of the gamecrazy's around milwaukee so I could care less.. suprisingly for the most part I get real good serivce at the Few Gamestops I frequent.

Are there any kind of cool hangout-gaming lounge type places in milwaukee? I know there's an "internet cafe" type place downtown but it seems to be more like "come here and pay $4 an hour to play WoW" type of scene.

I think it'd be cool to have a place to go and find people to play Street Fighter 4 with. Back at Michigan State there was an arcade I liked going to about once a week to play CvS2 with a group of people.

[quote name='jer7583']Are there any kind of cool hangout-gaming lounge type places in milwaukee? I know there's an "internet cafe" type place downtown but it seems to be more like "come here and pay $4 an hour to play WoW" type of scene.

I think it'd be cool to have a place to go and find people to play Street Fighter 4 with. Back at Michigan State there was an arcade I liked going to about once a week to play CvS2 with a group of people.[/QUOTE]

i wish there was one..... lets open one! lol

La Crosse, WI

South side Shopko has Fallout 3 GOTY marked down to $39.99. Lots of copies when I was there.
The others might have it, too, probably call before you drive there, though.

[quote name='perdition(troy']walmart in racine/oak creek has mw2 for 55.05[/QUOTE]

same with the one in pewaukee, plus a bunch of other new games for 55.05

Figured I'd post this here. Green Bay Best Buy had 3-4 copies of Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World or whatever for $15 bucks. It's in the bin outside of the aisles. Not sure if it's there after black friday, but they were before!

In addition, a few Naruto games (forgot prices, 15 or under tho) and I saw one copy of Lock's Quest for 15.

Target on Brown-deer rd in Milwaukee has X-mean Origins: Wolverine (uncaged edition if it matters at all) for $15 on clearance. They had a few copies left. (Clearance games are in the back of the electronics section literally right across from the TV's.)

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Target on Brown-deer rd in Milwaukee has X-mean Origins: Wolverine (uncaged edition if it matters at all) for $15 on clearance. They had a few copies left. (Clearance games are in the back of the electronics section literally right across from the TV's.)[/QUOTE]

damn i was just there yesterday. i can never find where they put their clearance games cause they're always changing its location. guess i didnt move far enough down the tv aisle.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Target on Brown-deer rd in Milwaukee has X-mean Origins: Wolverine (uncaged edition if it matters at all) for $15 on clearance. They had a few copies left. (Clearance games are in the back of the electronics section literally right across from the TV's.)[/QUOTE]

Ill have to go check tomorrow if I feel better. The target in Grafton still has it at 29.98 as of yesterday.

[quote name='broadbandit']Ill have to go check tomorrow if I feel better. The target in Grafton still has it at 29.98 as of yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I did go the day after and found wolverine to be 14.98

[quote name='jer7583']Are there any kind of cool hangout-gaming lounge type places in milwaukee? I know there's an "internet cafe" type place downtown but it seems to be more like "come here and pay $4 an hour to play WoW" type of scene.

I think it'd be cool to have a place to go and find people to play Street Fighter 4 with. Back at Michigan State there was an arcade I liked going to about once a week to play CvS2 with a group of people.[/QUOTE]

man havent be4en on here for a long time. u play sf4/street fighter (insert whatever)? i play too. Are u on shoryuken? if not hit that up cuz lots of people play fighting games in milwaukee. i go to lots of street fighter tournaments so u should come too.

East Madison Best Buy had the Modern Warfare 2 prestige edition for the 360 for $74.99 for Christmas week.

Hell, I'm debating picking it up and I already have it for the PS3.

Hey guys, I'm going to be in Wisconsin next week and I was wondering if there's a certain store chain that's easygoing about exchanges. I have a Firefly Blu-ray set with a broken hinge inside the case and no receipt, I'd like to exchange it for a copy that isn't broken. It's not sealed, but that usually only matters when you're asking for a refund. What's my best bet?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Hey guys, I'm going to be in Wisconsin next week and I was wondering if there's a certain store chain that's easygoing about exchanges. I have a Firefly Blu-ray set with a broken hinge inside the case and no receipt, I'd like to exchange it for a copy that isn't broken. It's not sealed, but that usually only matters when you're asking for a refund. What's my best bet?[/QUOTE]

Take it to Walmart along with your driver's license (or whatever state-issued photo ID you have). They will require that if you don't have a receipt. They will scan your license/ID and check against their database. I think their limit is 2 per month for no receipt returns.

Thanks for the info. I won't be in the system so I should be okay. If I pull it off I'll post back with an update, I probably won't try til a few days after Xmas. When do stores start taking returns again after Xmas there? Oh, a friend just told me stores in the US don't quit taking returns at Xmas, must be a Boxing Day thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? You're asking if they'll scan the barcode to return the item? Either, you've never shopped at a retail store, or you had too much egg nog.

Stop with the return fraud questions. You can't discuss taking it back to a store that it wasn't purchased from on CAG.

[quote name='Trakan']Stop with the return fraud questions. You can't discuss taking it back to a store that it wasn't purchased from on CAG.[/QUOTE]

you tell them man. stupid 'tards.

[quote name='psunami']East Madison Best Buy had the Modern Warfare 2 prestige edition for the 360 for $74.99 for Christmas week.

Hell, I'm debating picking it up and I already have it for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

forgot to post this, but I drove through that snow storm we had and picked up the last two. took me an hour 45 there and three hours back. ugh lol.

nah, one for myself as a Christmas present, the other as a Christmas present to my little brother. I thought about grabbing an extra one to ebay but decided to give it to a guy who was looking at getting the normal game for $60

[quote name='Trakan']Stop with the return fraud questions. You can't discuss taking it back to a store that it wasn't purchased from on CAG.[/QUOTE]
I didn't do it, if that makes you feel better. :???:

Last day of the Movie Gallery sale ... I can confirm that the Movie Galleries in Stoughton, Oregon, Sauk City, Baraboo, Tomah and Verona and the HWV Monona don't have anything at $5 that's tradeuppable as part of the Gamestop deal. (I was travelling north; it wasn't an intentional cheap game safari.) Apart from my local GS, where I picked up Assassin's Creed and Resistance 1 & 2 for $5 before Christmas to play, all I ever found to flip for this deal were three Need For Speeds and a Godfather II. I would've loved to have found just one more to flip and get a $20 Wii points card, but alas ....

As far as other games

Last edited by a moderator:
The East Madison Best Buy has Prince of Persia(360) for $10. There were about 5 copies left after I picked one up. I assume it's worth that price.

There is a main thread about Batman on the 360 being clearanced out at Sam's Club for $9.87. I wasn't sure if anyone had seen this in their local stores, but there were two more copies left in the Sam's Club in Wausau, WI today as of 6:00 pm.

The BB in Fox Point has an endcap next to the checkout with 50% off select titles for assorted systems. (DS, Wii, 360, PS3, PSP)
I picked up Dead Space: Extraction for $15. They also had Saints Row for $10.

[quote name='klwillis45']The BB in Fox Point has an endcap next to the checkout with 50% off select titles for assorted systems. (DS, Wii, 360, PS3, PSP)
I picked up Dead Space: Extraction for $15. They also had Saints Row for $10.[/QUOTE]

Anthing else worth while in there?

Nothing besides those 2 tempted me for Wii or 360.
I don't have any of the other systems so I didn't even pay attention to what was there.

[quote name='psunami']Wonder if they're going to be selling out anything....

Might be worth keeping an eye on.[/QUOTE]

Hollywood here in Stevens Point is clearing everything out, and selling off all their displays and equipment. I'm getting a list of prices for the equipment, so I can purchase some of the displays and what not.

The Hollywood video in Green Bay on Military/Mason is closing. They close for good at the end of March. Games right now are 30% off. There are almost no new games left except for bad games that probably won't sell at 95% off. There are some decent used titles left--but the prices are so jacked up that with 30% off most of them aren't worth it. Games are not in original cases and most are missing manuals, fyi. All sales final. I am waiting until the prices are slashed more before I bite but as it says on the front door of the store "If you don't buy it today, it won't be here tomorrow." Happy hunting.

anyone know of any best buys that still have ngs2 or ffd guides laying around? would appreciate the help, my location is Oshkosh. by the way my hollywood with gamecrazy attached is also going out of business. shame that I only have one hollywood vid left. no k-mart, no sears, and now no gamecrazy. I got today off and wouldn't mind driving around for a bit

bread's done
Back