Witcher 2 Dark Edition - Toys R Us - 99.99 FS

backorder as well...I guess it was worth a shot. I bit disappointed in myself about not grabbing it earlier, the artbook looks amazing. I was more excited about the write-ups as opposed to the art itself

just curious when did you guys place your orders??? i put mine in at 8am in the morning and it still says its in processing no email of backorder yet. i guess heres hoping on luck

ugh...backordered. i put my order in at 7am ish EST yesterday.

what's even more annoying is that i had it preordered at gamestop and when i tried to change my CC info yesterday to use another card it canceled my preorder.

i went from thinking i was getting 2 copies to possibly no copies. i'm gonna call gamestop customer care but i have a feeling they're gonna tell me im SOL

That sucks for all the back-ordered folks. I'm glad I jumped on the Amazon deal in time but maybe TRU will honor a free copy of the standard edition like BB did for the ones that didn't get it after having confirmed orders.

Backordered my 2 copies as well.

Luckily I had 2 backups from Amazon coming

I should have just listened to myself....

[quote name='MikeE021286']Good luck.

Given my recent track record with TRU for my ME3 CE I wouldn't be surprised if we never see this[/QUOTE]

gamestop did me a solid and found me another copy...took half an hour on the phone, but it seems like i'll be getting it.

when i got the cancelation email yesterday i was bugging out

Just got another order confirmation from TRU. The Order Status says "Item(s) located in stock." Shipping estimate says I'll have it by 4/24-4/27.

just wanna point out the us version has a weird fog/scratchy/mist on the plastic in front of the wolf head on the box, while the uk version does not. my guess is its supposed to make it look like the wolf is breathing, but i could be wrong.

The Premium PC edition I have went through a "rare" phase before seeing a reprint and ultimately a 30 dollar reduction. While this could end up being hard to find in the long run, It seems like many limited first run CE's get either reprints or reshipments. That said, it usually means that the stock is ultimately low and it goes up in value over the next few months. ME3, Skyrim Guide, and couple of others come to mind as items with an immediate sellout but reprint with a more gradual increase.

[quote name='Fatbot3']The Premium PC edition I have went through a "rare" phase before seeing a reprint and ultimately a 30 dollar reduction. While this could end up being hard to find in the long run, It seems like many limited first run CE's get either reprints or reshipments. That said, it usually means that the stock is ultimately low and it goes up in value over the next few months. ME3, Skyrim Guide, and couple of others come to mind as items with an immediate sellout but reprint with a more gradual increase.[/QUOTE]
Since I have zero knowledge in this arena...when do you think is the best time to resell?

[quote name='technicalstylez']just wanna point out the us version has a weird fog/scratchy/mist on the plastic in front of the wolf head on the box, while the uk version does not. my guess is its supposed to make it look like the wolf is breathing, but i could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Was wondering about this. Got my shipment from Amazon today and it just looked really off. Wish they had protected it better though. The corners on one side are crunched, I'm guessing because the delivery service kept putting the long box upright instead of keeping it on its side. If they had just put air packets on both sides instead of one, everything probably would have turned out fine.

Even with a box, another Amazon CE arrives damaged :whistle2:?
Starting to think I'll stop ordering collector stuff from them altogether

yeah, my last couple ce's from amazon were damaged during shipment so i didn't wanna risk it with this one. plus, best buy preorder bonus was a tshirt, which trumps amazon's digital comic for me. best buy has been perfect for me and ce's, as any ce that i've ordered from them online they just ship in the distributors packaging, never laying a finger on the actual item and keeping the condition nice since it needs to be that way when it first hits store shelves. in this case i preordered in store and it was near perfect since they basically took it out of the shipping box and set it aside for me to pick up. sorry it didnt work out for u.

[quote name='AFC']Was wondering about this. Got my shipment from Amazon today and it just looked really off. Wish they had protected it better though. The corners on one side are crunched, I'm guessing because the delivery service kept putting the long box upright instead of keeping it on its side. If they had just put air packets on both sides instead of one, everything probably would have turned out fine.

Even with a box, another Amazon CE arrives damaged :whistle2:?
Starting to think I'll stop ordering collector stuff from them altogether[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']yeah, my last couple ce's from amazon were damaged during shipment so i didn't wanna risk it with this one. plus, best buy preorder bonus was a tshirt, which trumps amazon's digital comic for me. best buy has been perfect for me and ce's, as any ce that i've ordered from them online they just ship in the distributors packaging, never laying a finger on the actual item and keeping the condition nice since it needs to be that way when it first hits store shelves. in this case i preordered in store and it was near perfect since they basically took it out of the shipping box and set it aside for me to pick up. sorry it didnt work out for u.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate buying CEs online most of the time because they come crushed. The last 3 Collectors Editions I ordered two of because I became OCD about it and didn't want them shipped in a bubble mailer. Mass Effect 3, Forza 4, and Max Payne 3 ( not out and too big for a bubble mailer). But luckily Mass Effect 3 and Forza 4 CE went for some decent money when they came out. Max Payne 3 I don't care as long as I can get my money back for the 2nd one.

all i know is gamestop BLEW MY MIND!!! it came in a box that fit the game completely perfect then placed in side an even bigger box surrounded by air packets. just amazingly shipped well by gamestop.

^ That's actually how Amazon shipped mine as well, was in the distributors original box that was cut to fit the game perfectly, and then wrapped in a larger box. Very well done.

[quote name='TooPoor']Since I have zero knowledge in this arena...when do you think is the best time to resell?[/QUOTE]

Well I don't usually flip unless by accident in which I ordered 2 and forgot return one. I only look at CE in CAG to get a better idea if MSRP really is the "deal". If there's a good indication the title is limited then holding on a while is great. On the other hand, if it has critical acclaim, it may get an HD remake which can hurt the value some. Games like ICO to a drop when the HD version came out. Also, if you keep an item sealed and in good condition the value holds MUCH better as they become rarer as time goes by.

So do all you guys line up your RARE games and blow kisses to each of them like silly pansies?

I'm just fooling, you guys are great, hoard away!

[quote name='redroversk']So do all you guys line up your RARE games and blow kisses to each of them like silly pansies?

I'm just fooling, you guys are great, hoard away![/QUOTE]

aww someone needs a friend as they have nothing better to do then troll around. you poor little thing you.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Well I don't usually flip unless by accident in which I ordered 2 and forgot return one. I only look at CE in CAG to get a better idea if MSRP really is the "deal". If there's a good indication the title is limited then holding on a while is great. On the other hand, if it has critical acclaim, it may get an HD remake which can hurt the value some. Games like ICO to a drop when the HD version came out. Also, if you keep an item sealed and in good condition the value holds MUCH better as they become rarer as time goes by.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the input, I should keep it nice and sealed, if I get an XBOX I'm going to crack the sucker open and play it.

Just got a shipping confirmation email on the dark version. This was after also receiving item is back ordered two days ago message.

If anyone in the MA area is still looking for a Dark Edition, I just saw one out on the floor of the Best Buy in Marlborough, MA. It was on the one of those tables in between isles. It was pretty jacked up by the spider wrap though...

[quote name='gauu']sigh got the email that my order was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Oh well. Wasn't holding out hope anyway. Knew when I got that backorder email there wasn't much of a chance.

so to anyone who got the game mine was shrink wrapped not in the traditional plastic y fold wrap. I was just wondering if this was the normal case also did anyone of you guys did not get the stickers?

Mine were shrink wrapped without the y seal as well, but I've never seen a tradition y seal on larger CE's. As for stickers i'm not sure as I haven't opened it.

I got my cancelation email as well,but I did get my order on amazon from gohastings shipped. It's not supposed to be here until may 12th though. =(

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']I bought one so I could earn some extra money,

Think I could get $130 - $150 for it?[/QUOTE]

No, sorry....not right now

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']I bought one so I could earn some extra money,

Think I could get $130 - $150 for it?[/QUOTE]

There are definitely better ways to earn extra money. Check the completed ebay auctions for new copies and see for yourself. They seem to be selling in the $80-$120 range.

I did, I couldn't find anything to compare it to. I saw some articles regarding the hype so I figured it was at least popular enough to get my money back if I couldn't earn a large profit.

[quote name='parkerwilson']No, sorry....not right now[/QUOTE]
this. Either keep it sealed for at least another three years, or when the next Witcher comes out.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']I did, I couldn't find anything to compare it to. I saw some articles regarding the hype so I figured it was at least popular enough to get my money back if I couldn't earn a large profit.[/QUOTE]

Oh for God's sake. Buy some friggin' stocks man. You're a gamer so you know GTAV and Bioshock Infinite are coming out so buy some Take-Two stock and make your money that way. Even if it jumps up a measly $4 which I don't doubt, you'll make something. What's this childish shit buying one friggin game to sell it at a profit? Stop wasting your time.

bread's done
Back