Witcher 2 Xbox 360 $30 at Micro Center - Ad Listing Error?

prnceofpwng

CAGiversary!
So Micro Center's ad has the Witcher 2 for PC listed at $29.99 but it also states that it's available for 360. So I took the ad to Wal-mart to see if they would price match it cause it clearly doesn't show any price for the 360 version on Micro Center's ad.

To my luck (and after 2 managers approvals and trying to call Micro Center) they gave me Witcher 2 for $29.99 for Xbox 360.

So I would say it's really worth a shot for one of my favorite games (If not) of last year.

GL Everyone.:D

I'm going to try to stop by the Micro Center closest to me today with a print-out of the Gaming page from the ad and see how this goes...Wish me luck. ;)

I see it on microcenters website that the 360 version is 59.99 so YMMV if the cashier will override the price that shows on the register. Better to pricematch since that has to happen anyway. Ad says prices good Apr 16-29, so maybe i'll try this later.

Wanna say thanks again OP! Went to the Microcenter here in Houston, TX grabbed an ad and went to the games department. Talk about a mess..never seen so much PC junk in my life..anyways, of course, no copy of the game on the shelves/endcaps, so I bolted and went across the street to Target. Got the game, went to the CS counter. Showed them the header of the ad with the date listing, opened to the game. They really didn't even flinch except for double checking the date. I thought I was gonna get killed on the original PC title being pictured (not even the enhanced) but they asked for my drivers license, and that was it. I even rinsed and repeated for a fellow local CAG (which btw, the Target on San Felipe has no copies left) after grabbing some JitB drive thru!

have a link? not showing up for me.

[quote name='Zygote']I see it on microcenters website that the 360 version is 59.99 so YMMV if the cashier will override the price that shows on the register. Better to pricematch since that has to happen anyway. Ad says prices good Apr 16-29, so maybe i'll try this later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP went to Microcenter in Sharonville, OH grabbed an ad looked in game department and they didn't have it. So I took the ad to best buy and got it price matched no problem.

Thanks OP, I am gonna check this out... I am currently in New Jersey for clinicals so there actually is a Micro Center about 36 miles away from me.. but I am rather lazy and don't want to waste the gas driving those 36 miles so instead will see if the target or BB that is 6 miles away from me will PM.

picked up 4 copies yesterday for 120 plus tax ...used credit i had at microcenter and thought i was stuck with

sold 2 copies on CL today for 50 each and got another guy picking one up tonight

they only had 5 copies in they have bad stock

[quote name='token2k6']Wanna say thanks again OP! Went to the Microcenter here in Houston, TX grabbed an ad and went to the games department. Talk about a mess..never seen so much PC junk in my life..anyways, of course, no copy of the game on the shelves/endcaps, so I bolted and went across the street to Target. Got the game, went to the CS counter. Showed them the header of the ad with the date listing, opened to the game. They really didn't even flinch except for double checking the date. I thought I was gonna get killed on the original PC title being pictured (not even the enhanced) but they asked for my drivers license, and that was it. I even rinsed and repeated for a fellow local CAG (which btw, the Target on San Felipe has no copies left) after grabbing some JitB drive thru![/QUOTE]

yea ill have to try target. wal mart killed me on the picture.

Well I got denied by BB and Target, didn't even bother trying to PM anywhere else. Guess I just gotta wait for the price to drop, got way too much in my backlog anyways.

[quote name='MochaRaf']Well I got denied by BB and Target, didn't even bother trying to PM anywhere else. Guess I just gotta wait for the price to drop, got way too much in my backlog anyways.[/QUOTE]

the picture got you i presume?

sucks dont know why places are so picky as long as its a legit ad which in this case it is

is there even a non enhanced version on the 360????

but yea like you my backlog = insane.

[quote name='token2k6']Wanna say thanks again OP! Went to the Microcenter here in Houston, TX grabbed an ad and went to the games department. Talk about a mess..never seen so much PC junk in my life..anyways, of course, no copy of the game on the shelves/endcaps, so I bolted and went across the street to Target. Got the game, went to the CS counter. Showed them the header of the ad with the date listing, opened to the game. They really didn't even flinch except for double checking the date. I thought I was gonna get killed on the original PC title being pictured (not even the enhanced) but they asked for my drivers license, and that was it. I even rinsed and repeated for a fellow local CAG (which btw, the Target on San Felipe has no copies left) after grabbing some JitB drive thru![/QUOTE]

Well Microcenter's primary focus is PC parts, not games. They're a mini-NewEgg and always have prices better or equal to them on almost any part. Great place to go if you don't want to wait for NewEgg to ship stuff and you want it now if they're in your city and within a short drive. Their game section is pretty much just a token setup but you might find some gems there (older CE, SF sticks, etc.) if you're willing to pay.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well Microcenter's primary focus is PC parts, not games. They're a mini-NewEgg and always have prices better or equal to them on almost any part. Great place to go if you don't want to wait for NewEgg to ship stuff and you want it now if they're in your city and within a short drive. Their game section is pretty much just a token setup but you might find some gems there (older CE, SF sticks, etc.) if you're willing to pay.[/QUOTE]
Their computer parts prices are terrible the way I see it, I have built several powerful PCs for my work but never once have I used Microcenter. I guess your area prices are better than mine?

[quote name='darkvulture']picked up 4 copies yesterday for 120 plus tax ...used credit i had at microcenter and thought i was stuck with

sold 2 copies on CL today for 50 each and got another guy picking one up tonight

they only had 5 copies in they have bad stock[/QUOTE]

because screw everyone that goes to that mc looking for this game.
only you deserve it.

[quote name='TooPoor']Then you missed out on their insane trade in values, too bad some jerk ruined the trade in for the OC microcenter[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stoned99']I think it was a parade of jerks. I was told during one visit about how an entire family tried to trade Brink, each person coming in after the last person finished their trade.[/QUOTE]

I always spread my trade in's out over time. It's such a bad look to bring a parade of people to do a trade in multiple times per day. How sad is it you gotta bring others in your family to do the same? doing it by myself once is enough lol wow good game el hoardo.

No Slickdeals here. I walked up to the register, with the ad in hand, and it rung up at 59.99. I disputed it by showing her the ad. She agreed and called the manager to override it which he did with no issues. Every one was very polite about it. The ad states 29.99 and they honored the price. BTW, this was in Georgia.

Thanks for posting this man, no Microcenter here but still I understand your point. It's like with giveaways, lurkers snatching shit up, or not even thanking you for the help. Sure it's an act of generosity, but damn.. it must be hard to say thanks when your probably just trying to horde everything up it seems.

[quote name='Distrato']This community is full of the old lady type you see at stores trying to get everything handed to them for the cheapest price. Its best to not contribute at all and just look at the deals.[/QUOTE]
Amen, I've seen smartass replies to some users that are asking a simple questions.

[quote name='TooPoor']Their computer parts prices are terrible the way I see it, I have built several powerful PCs for my work but never once have I used Microcenter. I guess your area prices are better than mine?[/QUOTE]

When I got my PS3 HDD they were within a $1 or $2 of NewEgg's price and I walked out the door with it, granted a little more after tax, but I was fine with that.

Granted that was in Dec. 2009 right after they opened their St. Louis store and I haven't been there in 2.25 years so you're description may be more accurate than mine.

[quote name='TooPoor']Their computer parts prices are terrible the way I see it, I have built several powerful PCs for my work but never once have I used Microcenter. I guess your area prices are better than mine?[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. Every time I ever went to Micro Center, their prices were a total ripoff, no good deals at all. Newegg blows them away, and there are plenty of other online stores that do as well (like Tigerdirect). Still don't know how Micro Center is still in business.

Anyone in central Ohio the one in Columbus has 4 copies, but don't bother. Apparently a couple of us have tried as the manager told me I wasn't the first and said they aren't doing it. Oh well, got the ad and will try Target/BB. Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I agree completely. Every time I ever went to Micro Center, their prices were a total ripoff, no good deals at all. Newegg blows them away, and there are plenty of other online stores that do as well (like Tigerdirect). Still don't know how Micro Center is still in business.[/QUOTE]
The one in Orange County, CA, mostly a lot of people that don't know much about computers buying overpriced computer setups and carrying them out in flatbeds, literally. It's quite amusing.

Off Topic: If you want to rig a gaming PC without the hassle, iBuyPower is actually pretty good despite their low quality website. Their supplier can be reached directly in SoCal if you know where to look.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Anyone in central Ohio the one in Columbus has 4 copies, but don't bother. Apparently a couple of us have tried as the manager told me I wasn't the first and said they aren't doing it. Oh well, got the ad and will try Target/BB. Thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me the trip. I was gonna try tomorrow.

[quote name='bill123'][quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Anyone in central Ohio the one in Columbus has 4 copies, but don't bother. Apparently a couple of us have tried as the manager told me I wasn't the first and said they aren't doing it. Oh well, got the ad and will try Target/BB. Thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for saving me the trip. I was gonna try tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I got a copy from the Micro Center in Columbus at $30 when there were 7 on the shelf and they fixed my price no problem. They definitely have enough ads at the store if you want to pick one up and try price matching elsewhere, though.

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

[quote name='eXiON']Thanks for posting this man, no Microcenter here but still I understand your point. It's like with giveaways, lurkers snatching shit up, or not even thanking you for the help. Sure it's an act of generosity, but damn.. it must be hard to say thanks when your probably just trying to horde everything up it seems.

Amen, I've seen smartass replies to some users that are asking a simple questions.[/QUOTE]
agree. I have seen this too. I almost never post anything anymore except in two threads just because of this.

It is frustrating too that people snatch up every copy in a store to resell, 2 copies isnt good enough, I need 6!

You should have got there first.

I tried to get it for $30 last night but they pointed out it was a mistake. The manager was courteous and respectful so I didn't push it. Great game, glad I bought it.

I just went to my local walmart. I showed them the ad, and without any fuss, they gave me two copies (one for me and one for my cousin).

Here's a tip, I went to one walmart and they didn't honor it cause Micro Center was not "in their neighborhood," meaning not within 10 miles. If you ever want to price match with walmart, make sure that the competing store is in the area.

Also, OP's a Boss!

Pulled the price match last night in Houston, grabbed the ad from the Micro Center by the loop when I had to exchange a bum HDD (stupid Seagate, NEVER AGAIN) but Micro Center was out of the game (of course) and finally managed to find a copy of The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition at the Target on Shearn. Whole thing went off without a hitch-- hardest part was finding a Target that actually had a copy, did they get shorted on allocation or something? Had to check three different stores.

Are the people who are getting PMs using physical ads or printed ones? There's no MC around here, so I'm not sure if it's worth even printing it out.

Was able to get BB to match with no hassle, there was no date on the flyer but the cashier didn't seem to care and rang it up anyway. Thanks OP.

[quote name='wild homes']Pulled the price match last night in Houston, grabbed the ad from the Micro Center by the loop when I had to exchange a bum HDD (stupid Seagate, NEVER AGAIN) but Micro Center was out of the game (of course) and finally managed to find a copy of The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition at the Target on Shearn. Whole thing went off without a hitch-- hardest part was finding a Target that actually had a copy, did they get shorted on allocation or something? Had to check three different stores.[/QUOTE]

Target had the 360 version on sale for $10 off on opening week so lots of people went there to get it. My Target was down to 2 copies left also.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Are the people who are getting PMs using physical ads or printed ones? There's no MC around here, so I'm not sure if it's worth even printing it out.[/QUOTE]

If you don't have a Microcenter in your city then forget about PM. I posted a link above that said which 26 cities had Microcenter's in them.

Ok, I found that it basically comes down to the cashier and manager, depending on how dictatory they are. I got 2 at Target, 1 at Walmart, Best Buy would not price match it because some lady thought she was the owner of Best Buy and got all crazy on me. Most clerks don't really care so they PM'd it. Another odd observation, even at 59.99 all of those stores only had 1 to 2 copies left, which makes no sense, how do they stock new games. They create an artificial sense of demand by not stocking enough.

[quote name='spektur']They create an artificial sense of demand by not stocking enough.[/QUOTE]
It's one of the oldest trick in the book, and is particularly prevalent (and effective) in luxury goods. But don't know if it's intentional in electronic retailers.

bread's done
Back