Woot (and other) video game shirts

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
-Purpose of Thread-
This thread will be used for posting limited-time availability custom video game inspired shirts (that was a mouthful). There are a lot of websites that sell video game inspired tshirts, but this thread will only be used to alert CAGs to shirts that are available for a limited time and/or at a special price.

Please post a link to whatever video game shirt you come across and include the game that inspired it (like "Mario"), the price if it isn't indicated in the website description below, and if possible a pic of the shirt (use spoiler for the pic to speed up page loading time).

Visit teemagnet.com for tracking the shirt of the day across multiple websites.

-----------------------
-Websites Info-

shirt.woot.com
Cost: $12 (shirt of the day) or $15-18 (after that day). This includes shipping and there is no tax (unless you live in TX).
Availability: Cheaper the day it comes out but is only available in a limited quantity on the first day. Shirt remains available at $15 for as many weeks as it is popular. Afterwards it goes into the catalog for $18.

teefury.com
Cost: $10 + $2 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day. Sale begins at 12am EST and lasts for 24hrs or until stock runs out.

riptapparel.com
Cost: $10 + $2.95 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

theyetee.com
Cost: $11 + $3.85 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

6dollarshirts.com
Cost: $6. This includes shipping.
Availability: Shirt remains available after being shirt of the day, but shipping is no longer free.

onceuponatee.net
Cost: $12 + $3.69 shipping.
Availability: Collections are available for a week. They also have a limited inventory of older prints available in their vault.

If you want to include other websites here, pm me the website link, a description, and the standard price(s) so I can add it to this post.

-----------------------
-Sizing Info-

Some people like to get shirts from online stores one size larger than the shirts they normally buy (like if you usually wear medium, buy large) since they can shrink a bit after the first wash. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a general rule as sites seem to change shirt brands at any time.

Always look at the site's sizing chart before making a purchase. It may even give you a hint if you should buy one size larger than normal. If in doubt, I go one size bigger and shrink as necessary. Imho a slightly bigger shirt looks better than wearing a slightly small one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't ever suggest in the comment forums on woot that an image makes a great image but not for a shirt. You'll be set upon from all sides.

"Well, what else is an image good for? What else are you gonna do with it?" etc.

"Well, I'm just saying, it would make a really nice print..."

"You wouldn't buy a print, no one buys prints, that's ridiculous."

"Uh, I attend several comic conventions per year as a Small Press exhibitor and can tell you for a fact that people buy and sell prints of artwork."

www.teefury.com

1291940869_bottom_ninjas.jpg

Yeah that Mario/Ernie thing is kinda interesting but it seems like a design you would find at a swap meet.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I dont get it ?[/QUOTE]

Good, I'm not the only one. What is the icon on the right?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I dont get it ?[/QUOTE]
I think it's a Dalek, from Doctor Who... maybe. At least, it kinda looks like one.

[quote name='Zerok']I think it's a Dalek, from Doctor Who... maybe. At least, it kinda looks like one.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. Dalek is apparently an extraterrestrial, so it fits the whole space invaders thing... Maybe they should have opted for something more recognizable, like ET.

[quote name='elessar123']I think you're right. Dalek is apparently an extraterrestrial, so it fits the whole space invaders thing... Maybe they should have opted for something more recognizable, like ET.[/QUOTE]

But Dr. Who shirts are the newest THING!

[quote name='elessar123']I think you're right. Dalek is apparently an extraterrestrial, so it fits the whole space invaders thing... Maybe they should have opted for something more recognizable, like ET.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Daleks and Doctor Who are very recognizable. However there was a very large gap between the original series and the 2005 series and when they finally released the 2005 series there was next to no advertising in the US. So there's a large age gap that never knew it existed until it started becoming a big phenomena again as it's a big show in the rest of the world. Though it's never been particularly big in the US in comparison.

And yes, that's a Dalek from Doctor Who.

EDIT: Fixed typos.

I've got a couple of the pokemon shirts from a grab bag deal in xl, new, if anyone is interested. Can't remember if its Woot or teefury, leaning twards teefury. Never did get into pokemon, was after my time. Just shoot me a pm, can post pics later if wanted.

636x460design_01.jpg

This would be the only pokemon shirt I'd think about wearing. Out of print right now but if you send them your email in the "request a reprint" link it help give this thing a second run on Threadless.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Maybe it's me but, why does Peach have a pokeball?[/QUOTE]
I thought it was some random jewel... could also be the top of a Toad hat.

bread's done
Back