Woot (and other) video game shirts

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
-Purpose of Thread-
This thread will be used for posting limited-time availability custom video game inspired shirts (that was a mouthful). There are a lot of websites that sell video game inspired tshirts, but this thread will only be used to alert CAGs to shirts that are available for a limited time and/or at a special price.

Please post a link to whatever video game shirt you come across and include the game that inspired it (like "Mario"), the price if it isn't indicated in the website description below, and if possible a pic of the shirt (use spoiler for the pic to speed up page loading time).

Visit teemagnet.com for tracking the shirt of the day across multiple websites.

-----------------------
-Websites Info-

shirt.woot.com
Cost: $12 (shirt of the day) or $15-18 (after that day). This includes shipping and there is no tax (unless you live in TX).
Availability: Cheaper the day it comes out but is only available in a limited quantity on the first day. Shirt remains available at $15 for as many weeks as it is popular. Afterwards it goes into the catalog for $18.

teefury.com
Cost: $10 + $2 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day. Sale begins at 12am EST and lasts for 24hrs or until stock runs out.

riptapparel.com
Cost: $10 + $2.95 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

theyetee.com
Cost: $11 + $3.85 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

6dollarshirts.com
Cost: $6. This includes shipping.
Availability: Shirt remains available after being shirt of the day, but shipping is no longer free.

onceuponatee.net
Cost: $12 + $3.69 shipping.
Availability: Collections are available for a week. They also have a limited inventory of older prints available in their vault.

If you want to include other websites here, pm me the website link, a description, and the standard price(s) so I can add it to this post.

-----------------------
-Sizing Info-

Some people like to get shirts from online stores one size larger than the shirts they normally buy (like if you usually wear medium, buy large) since they can shrink a bit after the first wash. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a general rule as sites seem to change shirt brands at any time.

Always look at the site's sizing chart before making a purchase. It may even give you a hint if you should buy one size larger than normal. If in doubt, I go one size bigger and shrink as necessary. Imho a slightly bigger shirt looks better than wearing a slightly small one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a video game shirt, but if any wooters out there would like to vote for my shirt design, I'd really appreciate it :) Link in sig

[quote name='ServerKing']Where are the big boy sizes at 5-6-7x? I never understand these sites hell charge me double for a bigger shirt but at least offer it .[/QUOTE]

Because all those sites get their shirts from American Apparel and I highly doubt a company like that would ever be caught dead making those sizes. If you're familiar with American Apparel you know what I'm talking about.

Ok, a friend of mine just recently got this t-shirt. Pretty cool.

exterminated-shirt.jpg

http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimiyo/t-shirts/6495471-1-exterminated

5-6-7x? Wow?

I'm literally 400 lbs and play hockey and I wear a 3x starter compression shirt. The 3x shirts fit just fine.....I'm just sorta amazed really.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']5-6-7x? Wow?

I'm literally 400 lbs and play hockey and I wear a 3x starter compression shirt. The 3x shirts fit just fine.....I'm just sorta amazed really.[/QUOTE]

a 400lb hockey player! WOW! I wouldn't want to run into that on the ice.

At 400lbs I very seriously doubt you can get around on the ice. Hockey is a very demanding sport.

[quote name='JeriKu']At 400lbs I very seriously doubt you can get around on the ice. Hockey is a very demanding sport.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's the goalie.

[quote name='JeriKu']At 400lbs I very seriously doubt you can get around on the ice. Hockey is a very demanding sport.[/QUOTE]

I play left wing and get around just fine. It's not that hard really to keep your balance and know how to play and be a grinder. I've been playing since I was 13. That's like saying you can't play football because it's a very demanding sport. Hell my friend is in the UHL and use to play at 450 as defenseman and has recently gotten down to 300 because of surgery. Brendan Tedstone. Go look it up. It's ok to hate because you can't play a sport and just have to troll this thread and feel superior by hating on fat people. So, Have a nice day!

[quote name='exileinoblivion']This isn't a shirt but Jeff Proctor's putting up the leftovers of his Contra print up tomorrow.

contraweb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

where?

[quote name='solisnk']where?[/QUOTE]

This is an 18″ x 24″ screenprint, has an edition of 50, and will cost $40. It goes up tomorrow (Wednesday, February 16th) at 10am Pacific Time. Visit MakeNonsense.com.

I almost bought the teefury one, but I've never been a huge GNR fan. I like some of their music, but honestly, I had to look up the reference. I deeply love MotU though and want a shirt relating to it someday.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome MotU shirt...but I have too many black shirts as it is...Pass for me.[/QUOTE]

blasphemy! you can never have too many black shirts!

Ok i like the motu shirt but never ordered from teefury. Are there shirts good quality and I'm a large size so should I order a xl?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ryosnk']Ok i like the motu shirt but never ordered from teefury. Are there shirts good quality and I'm a large size so should I order a xl?[/QUOTE]

They are good quality IMO. I would order an xl, they seem to shrink a bit.

[quote name='kixalot']They are good quality IMO. I would order an xl, they seem to shrink a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah get a size larger then you usually wear, they do shrink. Can't put mine in dryer have to hang them up to be safe.

Prices went up a dollar because of cotton shortages apparently. :(

[quote name='Gertle627']I dont get the supersoaker one.[/QUOTE]

"This piece is the first of what will hopefully be many subversive and funny riffs on pop culture visuals. These are mostly just things I wish people would do so I’m doing it for them. Expect to find them on a wall near you, that is if you live in Chicago proper. If you are not familiar with the source image then you make me sad. No one wants to see Starscream cry."- From the artist

It's from "Aliens" the movie

Guy really fucked up on the MOTU/GNR shirt by not switching "Appetite for Destruction" to "Evil Lord of Destruction."

Or at least something that made sense, like "Battle for Eternia."

Bought it anyway.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Guy really fucked up on the MOTU/GNR shirt by not switching "Appetite for Destruction" to "Evil Lord of Destruction."

Or at least something that made sense, like "Battle for Eternia."

Bought it anyway.[/QUOTE]

But it said "Appetite for Eternia". I thought it was clever.

[quote name='Chronis']I think I'm gonna order than minecraft one... even thought I have way too many shirts anyway.[/QUOTE]
If I didn't already have enough shirts I would get that minecraft one as well, very well done :)

Gotta love Woot descriptions...Will contemplate on whether to get this or not in the next few hours...

"This shirt tells the world: “These kids today, they play these violent games and then go out into the world just punching things and expecting to collect building resources. Is that really what we want? A generation of dirt and tree punching freaks?”"

[quote name='unopepito06']Random shirt day at Woot, $6.66. Who knows, you might get lucky![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no XLs any longer, so none for me. It does look like they have kid sizes, so I'll buy a couple for my son.

[quote name='djjewboy']http://6dollarshirts.com/home.php

$6 Dollar Shirts has a ton of video game and nerd shirts, shipped daily for $6. I usually find 10 that i like and do the 10 for $50 deal. I like that you can customize the colors on the shirts. The quality is decent on the shirts.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I might have to try this place out, lots of funny shirts there.

[quote name='kataztrophik']OMG how did I miss this shirt? Do I wait and see if maybe I got one in the random shirts or just buy it for $15? =\[/QUOTE]
Buy it for $15. Woot has a new shirt each day, very tough odds of you getting that particular shirt as a random.

[quote name='lilman']Buy it for $15. Woot has a new shirt each day, very tough odds of you getting that particular shirt as a random.[/QUOTE]

Tho, you probably can wait a week at least, since it isn't likely that it will be discontinued in that time period.

On the other hand, the penguin impostor shirt does look like it is in danger of being discontinued. It would be perfect for my son, who loves penguins and bunnies.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Tho, you probably can wait a week at least, since it isn't likely that it will be discontinued in that time period.[/QUOTE]
Woot shirts should be up for at least 2 weeks. The week a shirt comes out it is not eligible to be reckoned, so at the earliest an unpopular shirt will take an additional week to be removed from the site.

That zombie design is pretty cool, and I think they sold out on the day it was released. Should be available for at least a month, probably longer.

Thanks for the link djjewboy.

I think I'm gonna pick up two or three from there tonight.

I still regret missing that Donnie Darko/Portal Shirt from Teefury. If you folks see it pop up anywhere else, please send me a notification.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Thanks for the link djjewboy.

I think I'm gonna pick up two or three from there tonight.

I still regret missing that Donnie Darko/Portal Shirt from Teefury. If you folks see it pop up anywhere else, please send me a notification.[/QUOTE]

Check back every week or so, they always post new shirts. You can also vote on your favorite designs to become shirts.

I'm pissed i missed that Doc Brown/Hot Rod style one on TeeFury

[quote name='kataztrophik']OMG how did I miss this shirt? Do I wait and see if maybe I got one in the random shirts or just buy it for $15? =\

[/QUOTE]

In addition to what others have already said, the shirts currently in the reckoning aren't included in random purchases--that's only for overstock of previously reckoned shirts.

bread's done
Back