Woot (and other) video game shirts

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
-Purpose of Thread-
This thread will be used for posting limited-time availability custom video game inspired shirts (that was a mouthful). There are a lot of websites that sell video game inspired tshirts, but this thread will only be used to alert CAGs to shirts that are available for a limited time and/or at a special price.

Please post a link to whatever video game shirt you come across and include the game that inspired it (like "Mario"), the price if it isn't indicated in the website description below, and if possible a pic of the shirt (use spoiler for the pic to speed up page loading time).

Visit teemagnet.com for tracking the shirt of the day across multiple websites.

-----------------------
-Websites Info-

shirt.woot.com
Cost: $12 (shirt of the day) or $15-18 (after that day). This includes shipping and there is no tax (unless you live in TX).
Availability: Cheaper the day it comes out but is only available in a limited quantity on the first day. Shirt remains available at $15 for as many weeks as it is popular. Afterwards it goes into the catalog for $18.

teefury.com
Cost: $10 + $2 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day. Sale begins at 12am EST and lasts for 24hrs or until stock runs out.

riptapparel.com
Cost: $10 + $2.95 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

theyetee.com
Cost: $11 + $3.85 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

6dollarshirts.com
Cost: $6. This includes shipping.
Availability: Shirt remains available after being shirt of the day, but shipping is no longer free.

onceuponatee.net
Cost: $12 + $3.69 shipping.
Availability: Collections are available for a week. They also have a limited inventory of older prints available in their vault.

If you want to include other websites here, pm me the website link, a description, and the standard price(s) so I can add it to this post.

-----------------------
-Sizing Info-

Some people like to get shirts from online stores one size larger than the shirts they normally buy (like if you usually wear medium, buy large) since they can shrink a bit after the first wash. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a general rule as sites seem to change shirt brands at any time.

Always look at the site's sizing chart before making a purchase. It may even give you a hint if you should buy one size larger than normal. If in doubt, I go one size bigger and shrink as necessary. Imho a slightly bigger shirt looks better than wearing a slightly small one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thwipster has discounted Galaga shirt for about 18 more hours as of this post. 13.99 + shipping
B00758.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']Really like this one, but not a fan of the Ript shirts.[/QUOTE]
I like that one too and don't have a problem with Ript shirts. May bite on this.

-Update-
Bought.

[quote name='lilman']I like that one too and don't have a problem with Ript shirts. May bite on this.[/QUOTE]

Same here... that's pretty cool shirt.

You know, I would have considered buying that for my 5 year old (who is both a Megaman fan and a comic book fan), but they charge $5 more for a kid's shirt? That's BS and they lose a sale because of it.

OMG I almost missed the Iron Man shirt...instant buy!

Yeah the $5 addition is total BS for kids shirts! I would so have bought one for my boy as well had it not be for the upcharge of smaller material :roll:

I'm going out on a limb here, but I can actually understand why they would do that. I mean, all of the people ordering are adults, and mostly purchasing for themselves, so children are in the minority. Therefore, you don't have the same economy of scale as with the adult shirts, and need to charge a bit more. It makes sense to me, even though I still think they should bite the bullet on it.

trueloveneverdiesmockupblack.png

OtherTees has a pretty awesome Portal design for 3 days. I'm a pretty frequent buyer from Teefury, Ript, and Qwertee, but this is my first time with OtherTees. So far their customer service has been good so I'm hoping it's a positive experience all around.

If only more places printed on long tees like Teefury, though!

[quote name='Link927']Anyone else notice that woot shirts are now $12?[/QUOTE]
Updated op. At least missing the shirt of the day now seems like less of a sting since the discounted price is closer to the reckoning price ($15).

[quote name='Javery']Damn. That $2 is going to make me think twice now even though it shouldn't.[/QUOTE]
Me too. $10 for a shirt w/ shipping was a magic number. $12 makes me think "I better really like this design and really need another shirt".

I hate places that up charge for XXL. $2 at Ript plus the $2.95 for shipping is kind of a rip sometimes. Only order from there when I absolutely cannot live without the design. Also, the shirt quality isn't as high as say Woot.

Last one I got from there was a Venture Bros. Speedsuit advertisement shirt. Very unique.

Anymore, $10 for a tee is my limit. Though it wasn't long ago I used to buy from Hot Topic (I know) and I was paying $20-$25.

I don't mind it. At $10, it was a steal, since Woot does have the highest quality shirts. Ript and Teefury cost me more than $12 a tee shipped anyways. If Ript or Teefury raises their prices, I wouldn't even bother buying from them any more.

I dont see them raising the price on the reckoning shirts yet, $15 is a nice round number. My friend and I were discussing how they were going to price randoms though, our guess is probably 8.33 so that you'll get 3/25. Speculation of course, we'll have to wait until they actually have another sale.

Haven't bought from shirtpunch yet...how's the quality, how does it compare to Woot, Ript, and Teefury?

----------

Dr. Who has way way way way too many shirts. Doesn't matter what site, there are just way too many.

The following of that show is so shocking. I forced myself to watch one on Netflix and that was way more than I ever wanted to watch.

Just now noticed this one from ShirtPunch, only a few hours left:

TjJzC.png

They apparently charge $10 per shirt, but a little extra for 2X and up, and they do NOT have free shipping.

I've never ordered from these people, and I don't plan on getting this one myself, just posting for anyone else that might like the design and wants a cheap shirt.

Today's TeeFury:

1324348294_BOTTOM__121920h26m07.jpg

I don't think I have any Yellow t-shirts right now, and I do love this classic game and like this retro design, so I personally am jumping on this and adding some color to my wardrobe.

As far as I can tell all shirts from TeeFury in all sizes are just $10 (they didn't charge anything extra for my 2X like most places)! They don't have free shipping, but the cheapest USA shipping is only a few pennies over $2.

Today's ShirtPunch:

ScKJk.png

Shirts start at $10, but there is an extra fee for 2X and larger. Also, no free shipping option. I am ordering this myself and it will cost me a little under $16 to have my 2XL shirt shipped in the USA.

That's just a TINY bit more than I like to try to grab my cheap internet tees for, but honestly, (licensed) Nintendo apparel I've noticed is usually quite pricy as far as shirts go from my experience, so this isn't a bad compromise.

Been waiting on the Bowser shirt since I got the email from shirtpunch. I'm in Tampa, FL and it cost $14 for an XL after shipping if that helps anyone for pricing differences.

[quote name='Shark01']Today's TeeFury:

1324348294_BOTTOM__121920h26m07.jpg

I don't think I have any Yellow t-shirts right now, and I do love this classic game and like this retro design, so I personally am jumping on this and adding some color to my wardrobe.[/QUOTE]

Love the design on that, and I especially appreciate that it's not yet another nonsensical mashup. I love both Megaman and Army of Darkness, but I never wanted to see them fuck and spawn a child. Must have been a drunken one-night stand, because the two have nothing in common and don't belong together.

[quote name='Throat'] ... the two have nothing in common ... [/QUOTE]

well, technically, they both have guns on their arms

[quote name='Waffmula']well, technically, they both have guns on their arms[/QUOTE]

More correctly, they have their hand replaced with a weapon. (Ash has a chainsaw instead of a hand.)

[quote name='TheLongshot']More correctly, they have their hand replaced with a weapon. (Ash has a chainsaw instead of a hand.)[/QUOTE]

True, I'm going to go hang my head and shame now, I should have remembered that. I blame it on being Monday

Damn. Pissed I missed the Burger Time shirt. I FINALLY got the high score on my cabinet a while back - the default score is ridiculously high!

bread's done
Back