Woot Game Sale! (Switch, PS5, XB1, and more!)

I found a PS4 Move Camera at Gamestop today for $4 and change after my power up coupon,but apparently, I need to get an adaptor from Sony to make it work on my PS5.  

As much as I like HOTD, that game is 20-25 minutes long. Meh.

If you don't have it already, better to grab the "newer" one that came out on Wii and PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I like HOTD, that game is 20-25 minutes long. Meh.

If you don't have it already, better to grab the "newer" one that came out on Wii and PS3.
Sure. I have 2 & 3 Returns and Overkill on Wii, and they're better games, but this is about having the first game. The prospect of playing the first game with the Move (like the HOTD games on PS3) is what was appealing about the remake. Unfortunately they borked it.

Do you mean HOTD OVerkill? I managed to find a copy of that one last weekend.
I do. Overkill is an excellent game.

Sure. I have 2 & 3 Returns and Overkill on Wii, and they're better games, but this is about having the first game. The prospect of playing the first game with the Move (like the HOTD games on PS3) is what was appealing about the remake. Unfortunately they borked it.
Yeah, I understand. I certainly have series where I have to own a game because it's in a series.

Wish I saw this before but Capital One Shopping has 6% back at Woot... I spent $100 there on a trimmer yesterday. Bah! 

According to their FAQ, yes.

Side note: I had no idea their was DLC for Jojo. So far two season passes for $19.99 each. Kind of makes me want to return my copy. I don't like the route fighting games have gone with DLC for some time. They just feel incomplete no matter what price is paid.
You and me both. It's hard to believe that just a few gens ago, these games all had their full rosters (or pretty close), and that gamers lashed back when publishers did this ...

So much has changed since just then. Folks today seem more than happy to buy incomplete, broken, or games with content intentionally held back, and fork over more for season passes, dlc characters and fluff that before were all simply part of the game at launch.

Too bad we can't put that genie back in the box ...

YES!  Finally the price point I was looking for for Gollum.  I can't wait to experience its horribleness for myself.  It will be GLORIOUS!!!!  AH HAH HAHAHAHAHA AHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!

Comments in the past were that these cases are of poor quality and not big enough iirc. So that's probably why they are dropping.

They are garbage. So thin compared to the originals and don't snap shut once you put the manual in. Don't waste your money.
I got some when they were first released and agree, they're crap. I'm pretty sure Josh even posted here back in the day about LRG did so much research/got the original molds/etc to make sure these were near-perfect replicas of the originals before they were released, but they're dogshit.

My Bayonetta 3 came today, and it's the PEGI version, so it is going back. I don't think it was the same link you posted, which made that clear.
If that were a significant savings, I would consider keeping it. However, given that the game pretty much bombed, you should be able to pick up the NTSC version for that price or lower.

Personally, having watched the story online, I can't say I have any interest in owning it. The gameplay has largely stagnated since 1 (which isn't a big deal), but I seriously dislike what they did to the character. Prefer to just pretend the series ended at 2.

My Bayonetta 3 came today, and it's the PEGI version, so it is going back. I don't think it was the same link you posted, which made that clear.

edit: Nope, the item I ordered was the US version.
Now you have me worried, I bought Bayonetta Origins. doesnt arrive til sunday though, i'll post results.
I know it's just a box, but I like my conforming boxes

I never ordered from Woot. I missed Fire Emblem Engage on Amazon but woot has it for the same price.  I keep hearing about people getting games from other regions though.  I don't feel like getting into a fight with them if they send me a non US copy.  Any advice? Thanks

I've never received the wrong product and I've been shopping on Woot for over a decade.

You'll be fine.

(And to people who worry about the color and type of letter on the lower left corner of your cover... It's okay. It won't hurt you

-signed, someone who imports to get games and save money)

I never ordered from Woot. I missed Fire Emblem Engage on Amazon but woot has it for the same price. I keep hearing about people getting games from other regions though. I don't feel like getting into a fight with them if they send me a non US copy. Any advice? Thanks
Ordered like 20+ games from them over the past year... all of them were the North American release. The only issue I had with any of them was one of them arrived with the shrink-wrap partially ripped off at the bottom (like 2-3 inches).

I've gotten PAL region games from Amazon before though. Their stock sometimes gets mixed and returns aren't exactly hard.

I ordered Bayo3 and got the Euro version, but then my sale listing specifically said it was gonna be.[attachment=38239:Screenshot 2023-10-13 095848.jpg]

I noticed the 8BitDo NeoGeo pad was up for $25 and had to grab it, I've been really curious about the whole microswitch stick thing since forever, and this seems like a pretty good way to satisfy that itch. I'm curious if they'll release a version with more buttons (sorta like the modernized SNES pads they do), but since this is officially licensed, I'm a bit doubtful. Really hoping they update the firmware with the same broad compatibility their other gamepads have soon—I do most of my emulation on Mac, so it's a bit annoying that this is currently limited to Windows, Android, and the NeoGeo mini.

Picked up Deathsmiles PS4 at $15 while I was at it.

I noticed the 8BitDo NeoGeo pad was up for $25 and had to grab it, I've been really curious about the whole microswitch stick thing since forever, and this seems like a pretty good way to satisfy that itch. I'm curious if they'll release a version with more buttons (sorta like the modernized SNES pads they do), but since this is officially licensed, I'm a bit doubtful. Really hoping they update the firmware with the same broad compatibility their other gamepads have soon—I do most of my emulation on Mac, so it's a bit annoying that this is currently limited to Windows, Android, and the NeoGeo mini.

Picked up Deathsmiles PS4 at $15 while I was at it.
From what I read, the 8bitdo ultimate adapter 2 will make it work on more platforms like Switch or analogue pocket.

Do your own research before buying that though, just incase I'm wrong

I've never received the wrong product and I've been shopping on Woot for over a decade.

You'll be fine.

(And to people who worry about the color and type of letter on the lower left corner of your cover... It's okay. It won't hurt you

The only time it hurts you is if you get a non-NA copy and it's not compatible with the NA store DLC. The games people are worried about are region free though when it comes to eshop DLC.

You'll be fine.

Problem is that you can't get any dlc for different regions without jumping through numerous hoops.

It only limits resale value because people care about an ESRB logo over others. Imports can also be worth way more due to feature disparity or rarity.

And it's pretty easy to ignore most DLC on these games. Very few have any worth buying, IMO. And the updates are not regional.

Hell, some imports come with more content or are patch complete. See Asian/Japanese versions of games with all the data on the cart versus downloading half the content from the store.

TL:DR; no reason to worry about import versions. I have a ton of them, never once impacted my gameplay.

TL:DR; no reason to worry about import versions. I have a ton of them, never once impacted my gameplay.
No reason to worry about it, but plenty of reasons to care about it. It's superficial to you but some of us are superficial people... :whistle2: I'll always over-pay for an NA release over saving money on Asian English release unless there's some other benefit to the import, usually because the import has everything on cart (like FFX/X-2 Vita having games on cart vs US required a download).

Counter, this is CAG, therefore overpaying for a different rating logo on the cover is kind of antithetical to the purpose of saving money.

It just shouldn't be shunned nor frowned upon, since some companies like to artificially constrain their releases and/or break them up, whereas the overseas versions are superior and/or better deals (something something LRG something something Japan getting the superior releases of series with multiple games on one cart).

Counter, this is CAG, therefore overpaying for a different rating logo on the cover is kind of antithetical to the purpose of saving money.

It just shouldn't be shunned nor frowned upon, since some companies like to artificially constrain their releases and/or break them up, whereas the overseas versions are superior and/or better deals (something something LRG something something Japan getting the superior releases of series with multiple games on one cart).
I'm not arguing with you about buying something because it's cheaper. I've been on CAG during it's infancy and still hunt for deals (granted, just not as much these days). I'm just saying, you buy what you want- superficial variances or not.

Just found these listings for the Amazon brand knockoff Eneloop recharagable batteries basically for half off, I've been using Eneloops in my controllers and various other devices for years and highly recommend them, by most accounts the Amazon brand ones aren't quite as good but the slight difference is worth it at this price.

8 AA for $10

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/8-pack-amazonbasics-rechargeable-aa-nimh-high-capacity-batteries

12 AAA for $9

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/12-pack-amazonbasics-rechargeable-aaa-nimh-high-capacity-batteries

bread's done
Back