work question about paid holidays

kongfunk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Question for all you 9 to 5 CAG's out there. Today we got an email at my office that because of money problems that if we take time off during the holidays were not going to be paid for it. They said this time would be carried over but they have done this for thanksgiving and another holiday before that. What really pisses me off I've been told for the past couple months that i couldn't take any time off because we were so busy.
So my question is am i entitled to my vacation time that i was promised when i was hired?

Unless you have a contract, they can pretty much tell you to eat it. As my company does all the time.

[quote name='keithp']At least you don't have to be in bed by 9:00?[/QUOTE]

Ironically, now I want to be in bed by 9 but can't because it's "weird" and "loserish". :(

It sucks, OP, but that's how things go. At my company, they're only paying us for 1/2 a days pay for holidays next year. Not as bad as no pay, but it sucks nonetheless.

[quote name='Ziv']Unless you have a contract, they can pretty much tell you to eat it. As my company does all the time.[/QUOTE]

this. we just found out a week ago at my job that christmas eve is a full on work day, luckily i requested it off months ago.

bread's done
Back