World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Collector's Edition Scalpers

[quote name='Roufuss']Yep, so many people on Ebay are fucking amateurs that they'll start undercutting everyone, then people will undercut those people, and before long they will tank the price themselves.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. It's the exact same problem that plagues the auction house for items in FFXI. People are soooooo impatient to sell their stuff that it's a vicious cycle of these dolts undercutting one another so that in the end noones stuff sells at all for what it's remotely worth..

[quote name='AshesofWake']you just gotta wait until people start activating the cd keys, then they'll be way more rare than now, patience guys....patience...[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Every person that buys one of these is going to play it, and use the cd key. In a few days, after these are *completely* gone from the stores, these things will start going up in value, simply because everyone has gone through their stock.

I ordered one on Bestbuy.com... if it comes through, great, I'll hold onto it for a week and see if these things go back up.

[quote name='redgopher']fuck each and every one of you worthless, inhuman shitheads.[/quote]

Inhuman? If you consider this to be "inhuman"...well...wow.

Anyway, lets hope our inhuman investment gets us some cash later on because now these things are going for msrp on ebay. I do wish I had my cash back now since I am kind of in need of it, but oh well, ill tough it out.

I listed my copy on craigslist for 200. I got a bite for it today, see if it pans out. If I can pay for the 2 copies, I'll be happy. If not, I'll hold it for a bit.

[quote name='Gojtron']I listed my copy on craigslist for 200. I got a bite for it today, see if it pans out. If I can pay for the 2 copies, I'll be happy. If not, I'll hold it for a bit.[/QUOTE]

If my copy ends up shipping from Best Buy I think I'll put mine up there too.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yep, I remember that.

I remember someone on this website found one like, a year ago.[/QUOTE]

That was me. Got it for $35.xx

IIRC, sold for $220 plus ship

Dave

[quote name='Gojtron']I listed my copy on craigslist for 200. I got a bite for it today, see if it pans out. If I can pay for the 2 copies, I'll be happy. If not, I'll hold it for a bit.[/quote]

Nobody's biting my craigslist ad. :cry:

[quote name='MightySlacker']That was me. Got it for $35.xx

IIRC, sold for $220 plus ship

Dave[/QUOTE]

If you had hung onto it for another year you could have gotten $500 for it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Sold 5 for 190, 4 more for 160. I'm satisfied with that[/quote]

Sounds like chicken scratch to me, hope your time and effort were worth it... I would have hung onto those since it will most likely up in price later on down the road.

[quote name='Metal Boss']Sounds like chicken scratch to me, hope your time and effort were worth it... Especially since it will most likely up in price later on down the road.[/quote]
Not interested in a long term hold right now, for various reasons. Besides, between now and Christmas, I'll have other ventures to re-invest that chicken scratch back into. It was only about 2 hours worth of trouble anyway ::shrug::

Damn, I just came back from my local Wally World and they had 3 copies of CE behind the glass--where the hell were they when I was ready to buy yesterday evening? Of course, I was tempted because I want to start playing now, but I already have two copies on order (one to keep and the other to play).

My timing was rather good because I saw a fresh stock of black and pink DS Lites (!), and a 60GB PS3 as well. The only thing they didn't have was the Wii, but what store can keep those in stock for very long?

Anyway, I almost regret jumping on the BB.com stock when it came online this morning, but it's okay...

[quote name='Metal Boss']Do you work at a video game store? How did you manage to snag so many copies?[/quote]
It was icy out so there was almost no one willing to go out. I was the only one at 2 of the places when they opened.

[quote name='Gara']What a worthless post... Did you even read the thread or did you simply see the topic and decided to be an ass?[/QUOTE]

Uh, did YOU read the thread? From the OP:

[quote name='CounterSeal']I posted two of my copies as pre-orders (similar to Wii and PS3 pre-order scalping) and both of them sold for $310-$330.[/QUOTE]

My post wasn't worthless. eBay scalpers can suck my fucking dick. It's people like you who ruin my day when I'm trying to find a copy of a cool collector's item like Burning Crusade.

It's people like you who make camping for a console or even a game acceptable. And even then it's barely acceptable, because plenty of us would rather be in our warm beds than out in sub freezing temperatures camping for something just because we know that because of the god damn scalpers, it's the only way we can get it without paying 300%.

So fuck you and every single scalping piece of shit that walks the earth. I hope you all get fucking AIDS.

[quote name='redgopher']Uh, did YOU read the thread? From the OP:

My post wasn't worthless. eBay scalpers can suck my fucking dick. It's people like you who ruin my day when I'm trying to find a copy of a cool collector's item like Burning Crusade.[/quote]

If you looked beyond the original post you would see a good amount of the people posting are discuss getting a single copy for their own use. I guess it easier to just target everyone with your cursing and ignorance though.

[quote name='redgopher']It's people like you who make camping for a console or even a game acceptable. And even then it's barely acceptable, because plenty of us would rather be in our warm beds than out in sub freezing temperatures camping for something just because we know that because of the god damn scalpers, it's the only way we can get it without paying 300%.

So fuck you and every single scalping piece of shit that walks the earth. I hope you all get fucking AIDS.[/quote]

No, it's lazy ass people like you who create high demand for an item they can't get off their own ass to go and get. If these people can profit from your sloth like behavior then more power to them.

Camping out can be a fun experience and a great way to meet other fans of whatever item you are all waiting for. This experience is not exclusive to game consoles and video games. You a fan of a certain band and want great tickets? You better believe you are baring the cold with the other fans and scalpers alike. I guess it comes down to your own perspective.

Anyways why all the talk of campers? Most of us waited 5 minutes outside a store of choice and just walked in and purchased the game.

redsanta.jpg

[quote name='redgopher']
My post wasn't worthless. eBay scalpers can suck my fucking dick. It's people like you who ruin my day when I'm trying to find a copy of a cool collector's item like Burning Crusade.

It's people like you who make camping for a console or even a game acceptable. And even then it's barely acceptable, because plenty of us would rather be in our warm beds than out in sub freezing temperatures camping for something just because we know that because of the god damn scalpers, it's the only way we can get it without paying 300%.

So fuck you and every single scalping piece of shit that walks the earth. I hope you all get fucking AIDS.[/QUOTE]

So you want a cool collectible, but you don't want to put forth the effort to find it?

That seems really intelligent :roll:

And who camped out for this? I guess I must have missed all of that. There were also NUMEROUS ways to get a hold of this, it's nobody's fault if you just didn't use the resources at your disposal. You really are a worthless piece of shit, I hope you follow your own intelligent advice at the end of your post, you ignorant piece of shit.

I've been keeping tabs on the CE for a few days. The first day, roughly 1750 hit eBay. The 2nd day, roughly 2500 were put up. Now there is roughly 1450. I think 2 days ago they could be had for $90 shipped, and now it looks to be around $110 shipped so I think prices may be on the rise.

[quote name='Kendro']I've been keeping tabs on the CE for a few days. The first day, roughly 1750 hit eBay. The 2nd day, roughly 2500 were put up. Now there is roughly 1450. I think 2 days ago they could be had for $90 shipped, and now it looks to be around $110 shipped so I think prices may be on the rise.[/QUOTE]

Yea, prices are definitely going up because the number of CE's are dropping.

Hmm... I've been keeping it up too, but the price is sitting around $90 for the last two days. It's probably going to sit around $110 for the next couple of weeks.

frys have like hundreds of hundreds of them in stock. They also have like 20+ signature CE for sale. I might drop by tomorrow and pick up a few Signature CE and put that shiet on ebay, seeing how much its going on ebay. If you live in Socal, stop by Fountain Valley Frys.

[quote name='postaboy']frys have like hundreds of hundreds of them in stock. They also have like 20+ signature CE for sale. I might drop by tomorrow and pick up a few Signature CE and put that shiet on ebay, seeing how much its going on ebay. If you live in Socal, stop by Fountain Valley Frys.[/quote]

They have signed ones? Where?

[quote name='2poor']They have signed ones? Where?[/QUOTE]

Fountain Valley Frys. You will have to asked them. My friend works at the TV department and call me if I want some signed copy.

[quote name='postaboy']Fountain Valley Frys. You will have to asked them. My friend works at the TV department and call me if I want some signed copy.[/quote]

Oh. Cool. Are they the same price?

[quote name='djkunai']I have signed copies- $100 shipped. Signed by the dev team at the Fry's in Anaheim. CML.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

How in the hell is eb/gs still keeping these instock!?!?! I checked online and they still ahve the bundles up! on top of that, this fountain valley fry's story is just adding more to my confusion...HOW IS THERE STILL SO MANY OUT THERE!

/Angry rant of a paranoid cheapass trying to profit.

[quote name='kevzik']How in the hell is eb/gs still keeping these instock!?!?! I checked online and they still ahve the bundles up! on top of that, this fountain valley fry's story is just adding more to my confusion...HOW IS THERE STILL SO MANY OUT THERE!

/Angry rant of a paranoid cheapass trying to profit.[/QUOTE]

Probably time to return those to the stores if you have no intention of keeping them. Market looks crowded and probably not limited anymore.

I'm not sure if I should be awed at the genius here or if I should despise every single one of you.

Oh well, I already got my own copy ordered before the need to look up eBay...

For all of you still thinking of making money off of this Edition, your chances are very slim.
I saw about 20-30 collectors box set at Frys on Saturday and i went back to Frys today and still 20-30 left.

bread's done
Back