World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Collector's Edition Scalpers

[quote name='xDerekRx']BB/ CC and CompUSA are my best bets[/QUOTE]
What are you doing here then? You need to go wait now.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']What are you doing here then? You need to go wait now.[/QUOTE]

I drove by my CC, there isn't a line or anything... I don't want to go wait outside the store like a douche just to grab any extras ;) I'll just like 2 minutes before opening and hopefully grab a second one to sell to offset the cost of the first.

And yea, this was a 24 hour Wal-Mart, so this means those CE's just sat there all night.... they had tons of the regular version though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of the shipments is going to CC / BB since it's advertised in the ads... Best Buy is advertising it pretty heavily.

Got 2 CE's.

One for me and one for my guildie. 200+ people at each EB/GS. If you had a pre-order you got your copy that night.

Just walked out of Best Buy with 2 copies of the LE. One for my woman, and one to sell and recoup some of my investment.

I left at least a dozen more copies of the LE sitting on a table. This Best Buy did not open at midnight last night. I got there right at 10am when they opened up and there was noone waiting in line to buy any of this stuff.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']What are you doing here then? You need to go wait now.[/quote]

Haha

This might sound funny but I wasnt in a rush. I got to CompUSA 20 mins after open. Got 3 LEs,

Went to CC, no line, bought 2, left 2 for an old lady who needed 2 but didnt know what they looked like.

I got FIVE 5!! Woot and I woke up like 30 mins before store open.

Best Buy had a huge line though, damn nerds.

Wow... this thing is completely wiped out around here. Circuit City got in FOUR copies... I was 6th in line for it at opening, the guy in front of me was pissed and went apeshit when he found out they only got in four. CC originally told us they "had two boxes, which is more than enough" but they were 2 to a box.

Best Buy had ZERO... they have 30 + copies, but told me they were all for people who pre-ordered... when the fuck did they do preorders?

Another Wal-Mart had in 0.

I'm not driving 30 min to CompUSA today, too hot out... I'll be happy with just one. Saw alot of stereotypical Warcraft fans though, think the South Park episode of WoW.

I could go to CompUSA but it's right next to another BB and CC... I bet it's already cleaned out, people will go straight there.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']will best buy have the CE available for in store pickup online? The site has it as coming soon? wtf!?![/QUOTE]

They aren't doing in-store pickup on it, at all. Employee at the store told me it's because each store has such a limited number and they expect to sell them all so fast in-store pickup would be impossible.

Plus, I guess Best Buy did pre-order's on the Collector's Edition too, so you have to factor in those.

I wish Best Buy would put it up on sale from the website so I can snag a second one.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow... this thing is completely wiped out around here. Circuit City got in FOUR copies... I was 6th in line for it at opening, the guy in front of me was pissed and went apeshit when he found out they only got in four. CC originally told us they "had two boxes, which is more than enough" but they were 2 to a box.

Best Buy had ZERO... they have 30 + copies, but told me they were all for people who pre-ordered... when the fuck did they do preorders?

Another Wal-Mart had in 0.

I'm not driving 30 min to CompUSA today, too hot out... I'll be happy with just one. Saw alot of stereotypical Warcraft fans though, think the South Park episode of WoW.

I could go to CompUSA but it's right next to another BB and CC... I bet it's already cleaned out, people will go straight there.[/quote]
Ya check out CompUSA, mine is pretty much next to my CC and half mile from my BB. My CompUSA was open for 20 minutes when I walked in. They had all the WOWs behind the counter at Service desk. They had 3 of the 4 they got in left. I went to CC 2 minutes before it opened, only one old lady waiting for it who also didnt know anything about it or what it looked like. BB on the other hand had the long line, funny. Both stores only got 4 in.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Ya check out CompUSA, mine is pretty much next to my CC and half mile from my BB. My CompUSA was open for 20 minutes when I walked in. They had all the WOWs behind the counter at Service desk. They had 3 of the 4 they got in left. I went to CC 2 minutes before it opened, only one old lady waiting for it who also didnt know anything about it or what it looked like. BB on the other hand had the long line, funny. Both stores only got 4 in.[/QUOTE]

Are you in a big city? I'm right next to Tampa, and if my city as a whole sold out in under 10 minutes, I can almost guarantee without a shadow of a doubt Tampa sold out.

If I had a local CompUSA in the middle of nowhere I'd go, but I'm not wasting the gas to take a chance... I at least got one CE, I'm happy.

OK I just went back to my Best Buy (I work literally 2 blocks away) and they had 17 copies left. That is MORE than when I bought my 2 copies this morning, so they must have a supply in the back of the store.

Now I wonder if I should pick up some more.... lol

Crazy...no clue why my Best Buy had zero for sale and "they are all for people who reserved it".

Guy even told me they got in over 30 copies of the CE.

I'm not opening mine... I think if they start going for over $200 I will sell my CE and just buy a regular edition. Once WoW isn't played anymore the contents of the CE won't be worth shit.... this isn't one of those timeless collectables, imo.

Man...I knew something was off when my WM got 42 copies...Anyway, looks like they are going for 150 on average on ebay. I'll be fine with 150. Hopefully they continue to go up though. I'd make PP required because of all the fake bidders...honestly, who creates 10+ accounts just to ruin auctionsJ So glad I don't have the life of those losers, kinda feel sorry for them.

Just went to Frys and Best Buy and was lucky to grab a Collectors edition at each store. Btw both stores sold out of the collectors editions within 5 min.

Btw there were at least 20 people waiting outside Best Buy before they opened at 10.

[quote name='xDerekRx']FYI, At Circuit City if you buy 2 you get a 15$ gift card :) Bonus[/QUOTE]
do you need a coupon?

My local bestbuy didn't have a single copy of the CE on the floor for some reason. Guy told me they got in 30 and had over 50 preorders. When the hell did they do preorders? Target was also a bust. Guy had no idea if they would eventually get the CE or not. Compusa had 17 copies though. Picked up two while people swarmed around the store display.

I'm a little surprised they got such low numbers. Oh well, it makes owning one all the more fun.

[quote name='Gara']My local bestbuy didn't have a single copy of the CE on the floor for some reason. Guy told me they got in 30 and had over 50 preorders. When the hell did they do preorders? Target was also a bust. Guy had no idea if they would eventually get the CE or not. Compusa had 17 copies though. Picked up two while people swarmed around the store display.

I'm a little surprised they got such low numbers. Oh well, it makes owning one all the more fun.[/QUOTE]

I had no clue when Best Buy did preorders either, but I got the same answer you did - over 30 copies, all of them were preordered out. I don't ever remember a post on CAG talking about Best Buy doing preorders for this.

Target was a bust here as well, not even a shelf tag for the CE... I guess Target decided to not stock it.

I'm realizing I got EXTREMELY lucky at the Wal-Mart I went to... it was a 24 hour Wal-Mart, and I got the last copy at 8:30 am.

Hearing all these stories it's making me wonder whether I should do what I planned and open a CE for me or try and sell them both.

[quote name='Roufuss']I had no clue when Best Buy did preorders either, but I got the same answer you did - over 30 copies, all of them were preordered out. I don't ever remember a post on CAG talking about Best Buy doing preorders for this.

Target was a bust here as well, not even a shelf tag for the CE... I guess Target decided to not stock it.

I'm realizing I got EXTREMELY lucky at the Wal-Mart I went to... it was a 24 hour Wal-Mart, and I got the last copy at 8:30 am.[/quote]

Hopefully they don't continue to go this route. I usually depend on bestbuy for the first come first serve things if I am too lazy to preorder. Screw rewarding Joe Average who browses the isles every day and stumbles across a preorder form!

[quote name='Gara']Hopefully they don't continue to go this route. I usually depend on bestbuy for the first come first serve things if I am too lazy to preorder. Screw rewarding Joe Average who browses the isles every day and stumbles across a preorder form![/QUOTE]

Yea, I mean, I expected Best Buy to have tons of CE's and it was my last hope, and I heard they are all preordered out... I felt like I wandered into Gamestop or something.

I'm leaning towards keeping my one and only CD... the artbook looks really nice from the description I read, and if they sell it seperately like the first CE artbook it'll be $25.

$40 + $25 (because i'd definitely buy it, the art is beautiful) is already $65... for $5 more I'm getting a ton more stuff.

It all just depends on how much these start going for on Ebay, but to be honest, I don't think I have the will power to not open it and start playing tonight.

[quote name='Roufuss']Are you in a big city? I'm right next to Tampa, and if my city as a whole sold out in under 10 minutes, I can almost guarantee without a shadow of a doubt Tampa sold out.

If I had a local CompUSA in the middle of nowhere I'd go, but I'm not wasting the gas to take a chance... I at least got one CE, I'm happy.[/quote]

I live in Buffalo so yeah, BUT youre right about the nowhereish one. We have like 5 of each store in the greater city area but the CompUSA is sorta wedged in a plaza in the suburbs, i think its more luck than anything because if this was Wii or PS3 there would be 500 people. ha

[quote name='62t']do you need a coupon?[/quote]

No coupon. The way I figured it out is because I bought 2 of the CEs and the clerk said you get a 15$ gift card for buying 2. Its in the ad I guess. I assume it works with the regular edition too.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I live in Buffalo so yeah, BUT youre right about the nowhereish one. We have like 5 of each store in the greater city area but the CompUSA is sorta wedged in a plaza in the suburbs, i think its more luck than anything because if this was Wii or PS3 there would be 500 people. ha[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was just shocked that the entire city sold WoW in a matter of 5 - 10 minutes.

Target not getting ANY CE's at all almost screwed me over, that one was a real shocker.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I was just shocked that the entire city sold WoW in a matter of 5 - 10 minutes.

Target not getting ANY CE's at all almost screwed me over, that one was a real shocker.[/quote]

Target is a place I wouldnt have tried to be honest. Skimpy are they with PC stuff

I've seen more PS3's today than the Burning Crusade Collectors Edition.

The Target I went to did not have it either, but they told me to try again tomorrow. They did have the shelf space reserved for it and a tag that I scanned that said no more were in the stockroom. It's definately in thier system. I'll try again tomorrow when they open up at 8 am.

I was surprised when I waltzed into BB this afternoon at 2 to go get WarioWare Smooth Moves and saw 5 CE's still there. And this was at a BB that actually did open at midnight so I wasn't expecting there to be any.

Went to BB in Fenton, MO. 5 people in line total (I was 4th.) They had 12 copies of the collector edition and about 30 of the regular. Everyone in line had pre-orders and there was only 1 CE left after the initial rush in the first 15 minutes.

BB has been taking pre-orders on games for about a year now, but this is the first PC game they've taken pre-orders for. Usually their console pre-order slips are on the endcap of one of the console video game isles.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Went to BB in Fenton, MO. 5 people in line total (I was 4th.) They had 12 copies of the collector edition and about 30 of the regular. Everyone in line had pre-orders and there was only 1 CE left after the initial rush in the first 15 minutes.

BB has been taking pre-orders on games for about a year now, but this is the first PC game they've taken pre-orders for. Usually their console pre-order slips are on the endcap of one of the console video game isles.[/QUOTE]

OBJECTION!

Best Buy has taken preorders on pc games before actually. The difference is that the PC preorders come in a mockup box.

Yoiks, no CE @ my nearest BB or Compusa! I'm embarassed to say I was surprised. I should've asked if they even got any in, but I guess I was so stunned, I just left. Gonna try Wal-Mart later after work.

I guess I totally underestimated the secondary market this time around?

Whelp, got the scoops from my co-worker just now: this morning all the major retailers were hit with lines for CE: Wal-mart, BB, CC, GS, CompUSA. Based on my limited experience (I may still try Wally World later, but) it looks like everything is sold out. Holy crap!!!

Yea, I'm gonna open my only CE... RedVsBlue splooged all over the place about how amazingly awesome it is for WoW fans.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I'm gonna open my only CE... RedVsBlue splooged all over the place about how amazingly awesome it is for WoW fans.[/QUOTE]

Oh don't worry the splooge missed the CE, I think I might hire a guard for it for when I'm not around.

Wow, the price on these have dropped from $200 to less than $100. And there are about 1700 of these sitting on eBay.

I think I'll hold onto my two copies for awhile then.

[quote name='Over easy']Wow, the price on these have dropped from $200 to less than $100. And there are about 1700 of these sitting on eBay.

I think I'll hold onto my two copies for awhile then.[/QUOTE]

This isn't exactly like the PS3 though, there isn't another shipment coming that's gonna drop the sales back down to retail. Once that sinks in and everyone realizes that the market is temporarily flooded the price is gonna take off again.

Was talking to one of the GS guys after work and he claimed there were less than a dozen copies of CE per each of the major retailers here in Hawaii. Ha ha ha, I have no idea how he knew that or if he expected me to believe that shit, but I do know that we're sold out here. I just hope my Amazon order pulls through, but crap if I wanted to actually play a copy now instead of whenever the heck they are able to ship it to me. Even the regular copies seemed to be in relatively limited supply around these parts.

[quote name='Over easy']Wow, the price on these have dropped from $200 to less than $100. And there are about 1700 of these sitting on eBay.

I think I'll hold onto my two copies for awhile then.[/quote]

No kidding? Hm, maybe I will jump on that ridiculous $99 GameStop.com bundle...

Yea...Roufuss called it. It's amazing how flooded the market got...how did reselling become so damn popular? Half the people on ebay don't even know what they are doing...I guess I'll hang on to mine aswell....

[quote name='redgopher']fuck each and every one of you worthless, inhuman shitheads.[/QUOTE]

At least the people who bought it for the expressed purpose of reselling it aren't going to be making much. Just like the PS3.

[quote name='redgopher']fuck each and every one of you worthless, inhuman shitheads.[/quote]
What a worthless post... Did you even read the thread or did you simply see the topic and decided to be an ass?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']At least the people who bought it for the expressed purpose of reselling it aren't going to be making much. Just like the PS3.[/quote]
Well, at least anyone with the idea to resell didn't have to spend the days in line the PS3 people did. Most everyone here got their copy just walking into the store. Crazy times...

Anyways back on topic I revisited target last night looking for those zelda soundtrack things and talked with the guy manning electronics. Apparently there is still hope of the CE coming in. Who knows how accurate that is though. If still looking for a copy try bugging your local target rep

[quote name='Gara']What a worthless post... Did you even read the thread or did you simply see the topic and decided to be an ass?

Well, at least anyone with the idea to resell didn't have to spend the days in line the PS3 people did. Most everyone here got their copy just walking into the store. Crazy times...

Anyways back on topic I revisited target last night looking for those zelda soundtrack things and talked with the guy manning electronics. Apparently there is still hope of the CE coming in. Who knows how accurate that is though. If still looking for a copy try bugging your local target rep[/QUOTE]

I thought it was kind of odd that people were talking about some Targets getting them in and other Targets not getting them in...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']At least the people who bought it for the expressed purpose of reselling it aren't going to be making much. Just like the PS3.[/quote]
Sold 5 for 190, 4 more for 160. I'm satisfied with that
[quote name='redgopher']fuck each and every one of you worthless, inhuman shitheads.[/quote]
icon_heartbeat.gif

[quote name='kevzik']Yea...Roufuss called it. It's amazing how flooded the market got...how did reselling become so damn popular? Half the people on ebay don't even know what they are doing...I guess I'll hang on to mine aswell....[/QUOTE]

Yep, so many people on Ebay are fucking amateurs that they'll start undercutting everyone, then people will undercut those people, and before long they will tank the price themselves.

It didn't use to be like that, but now people are all about Ebay... you can blame the news hyping it up whenever a big item comes out.

Like RvB said, it's only temporary... every copy that is sold is one that is gone for good.

bread's done
Back