World Series of Poker 2008: Battle for the Bracelets

[quote name='Matt Young']There's a Monday game now?[/quote]
There's a game whenever we have enough people to play ;)

Btw, my digimask looks horrifying :D

[quote name='Matt Young']There's a Monday game now?[/quote]

Not really, Cheapy wanted to play tonight so tonight's an informal game.

~HotShotX

Twen said Cheapy was still on. Anyone else? Twen, Simon, and I just got done recording a podcast and I'm game to play if you guys are on.

Fun night once again! Looking forward to another shuffle up and deal with you all again on Sunday. Hopefully the Cubbies play a day game on that day.

[quote name='Regian']Fun night once again! Looking forward to another shuffle up and deal with you all again on Sunday. Hopefully the Cubbies play a day game on that day.[/QUOTE]

They have an interleague game with the Blue Jays at noon central. :)

[quote name='Matt Young']They have an interleague game with the Blue Jays at noon central. :)[/quote]

I got the "W" flag ready on that deal and my night opened up for y'all.

Matt Young and I are going to be playing this tonight at around 11 PM CST. If any of you guys want to join us, please post in here and we'll send you an invite.

Matt Young and I are going to be playing this tonight at around 11 PM CST. If any of you guys want to join us, please post in here and we'll send you an invite.

Well, I'm not so sure I'll be playing. My friend I told you about who is home on leave from the Marines Monday-Thursday called me today and I'm going to be hanging out with him tonight, so I'm not sure when I'll be on. I always miss CAG poker nights. :(

I can't play tonight but I'm tagging this thread for future reference...would love to hop on with some CAGs one of these days.

Rented this through Gamefly and enjoyed it so am considering buying it.

Does anybody know if a newer version is on the way? If one's in the pipeline, I might wait...

No there's no newer version in the pipeline and if there was, it would come out when the WSOP debuts on TV each August.

What does Gamefly want for it? Most places that still have it in stock sell it for $20 new.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No there's no newer version in the pipeline and if there was, it would come out when the WSOP debuts on TV each August.

What does Gamefly want for it? Most places that still have it in stock sell it for $20 new.[/QUOTE]

Figured it was probably too late for a 2009 version but wondered if a 2010 version was rumored, though it's probably worth it to just buy the current version if the wait is going to be the better part of a year. Thanks, though, you're right; chances are the next one will come out when the WSOP season starts on TV.

Gamefly wants $18 for their copy, about what the cheapest used copies come to on Amazon after shipping charges. Where can I get it for $20? The ones I've seen new are all pushing $30 (it's about $28 on Amazon, for example)...

[quote name='seen']You can get a used copy on Amazon for less than $18...[/QUOTE]

Not all that much less once shipping is factored in, however, and the copies that are under that threshold sound a little iffy (scratched, even if not unplayable so, no manuals, etc.) I might just spring for the copy in hand, as I know it's in good shape and I assume the box and manual are pristine. If we were talking $10 or more, it'd be worth hunting around, but for a buck or two plus the ease of the transaction, it's probably a decent enough deal to just buy GameFly's copy.

That said, if I knew I could get a *new* copy for $20 shipped, that would be a different story. But I looked around online and didn't see any that cheap. Maybe they're on the clearance racks in stores for that price, but I was at BB today and didn't see it...

My bad I always saw it at Circuit City before they closed with a $20 price tag so I thought that was the new MSRP.

If you live near a Fry's it's $20 there. Other than that, the Gamefly deal would be your best bet.

[quote name='MSUHitman']My bad I always saw it at Circuit City before they closed with a $20 price tag so I thought that was the new MSRP.

If you live near a Fry's it's $20 there. Other than that, the Gamefly deal would be your best bet.[/QUOTE]

No worries. A day or two after my last post, I got a very sweet deal on a pristine used copy on Ebay, so I'm all set.

Phil Gordon, you are going DOWN!

bread's done
Back