Worried about playing 360 in the car

XboxMaster

CAGiversary!
I've seen, in person, when you move the 360 while it's on and it put the scratch on the disc. Well, I was worried if the little bumps in a car ride might damage my 360. Any ideas or experiences?

[quote name='KingDox']Someone in my family has an RV and they put a 360 in it. Sure enough they got scratched games.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, no! Any more positive input? I really want to play it in my car.

[quote name='XboxMaster']Dammit, no! Any more positive input? I really want to play it in my car.[/QUOTE]

For what???????????
Get a DS. /thread

Your thread title is "Worried about playing 360 in the car" -- guess what, you should be. One speed bump and that disc is history. Either find a way to 100% secure your 360, or accept the fact that you have a great chance of scratching up your disc...

[quote name='swetooth9']put suspensions under your 360...or get better looser suspensions for your car[/QUOTE]

.......or just wait until you get home

My gamecube screwed up a bit, goes a bit slower in some sections in some games now... but who cares! Bring it along! You should just put padding around it or under it like pillows and blankets

Seriously, if your disc isn't held securely like a personal portable CD player (or Dreamcast or PSOne) you're just asking for your disc to get scratched and possibly even jammed in the unit. There's nothing keep it really still. Don't risk it unless you're Bill Gates. ;)

you could use it for dvd's and arcade games... i had my original xbox in my old blazer and it worked fine, but the 360 is temperamental as shit with the discs

Yeah, I think you would need to build a support system JUST for the 360 so it would nto move. You would need shocks that would bounce with the vehicle....you shouldn't be playing your 360 while driving anyways, that's dangerous ;)

You could use one of those shock mounts police uses for their laptops if you really want a 360 on the car. They're kind of pricy though (mostly 200+ I think), and I'm not sure if a 360 would fit them or not.

AS long as your dont play while your driving your fine, and remeber if you have the key in the egnition while your getting drunk playing games in the driver seat its still a DUI!

[quote name='epobirs']Locking spindle drives like those in the Dreamcast and GameCube are better suited to this sort of application.[/quote]

as usual, epobirs is right--don't even bother trying to use a 360 in a car unless you're only going to play while the vehicle is stationary.

Well, you could always hang if rom the ceiling with string. It won't bounce around that way. And if you don't have any string, you can always make a paper clip rope.

bread's done
Back