Worst B&M Game Retailer 2008

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Worst Brick & Mortar Retailer.
This award goes to the worst overall B&M (physical store) video game retailer in 2008.

Last year's winner:
Worst B&M Game Retailer: EB Games / GameStop

Now the circle is complete. After winning Best Online Game Retailer three years in a row, EBgames.com (and GameStop.com) has gone from first to worst, picking up both Worst Retailer awards in the 4th and 5th Annual Cheapy Awards. After GameStop acquired EB Games, EB's website became a mirror image of GameStop.com, losing all the great deals they once provided. GameStop/EB recently announced some upcoming changes to their websites, which will hopefully help them break this cycle of shame. Unfortunately, it looks like used game listings still will not state if case and manuals are included. Only time will tell if GameStop/EB can pull themselves out of the gutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU! Their B2G1 free sales are great, but their store is trashed and no one really cares about keeping up the place. Besides, they won't even match their ONLINE PRICES!

Wal-mart.

And considering their recent and great 75% off Xbox/GC/GBA/PSX deal (that got me Sid Meier's Pirates, Baiten Kaitos Origins, and WarioWare Twisted all brand new for $15), let's not go with FYE

Normally, it'd be Gamestop/EB Games/etc. for their shady business practices and what they try to push onto the customer. But if there were truly an award for movie worsts, Uwe Boll would get worst director every year and where's the fun in that?

Circuit City. Why is a new game $24.99 and the used version $54.99?

Kmart. Lucky if you can find someon to get a game out of the case within 30 mins. That is, if they actually have anything decent in stock to begin with.

Circuit City

Always had a hard time with them when trying to PM deals and when the store is busy, they never have enough cashiers. They only had like 2 checkout lanes open at a time during the holiday rush.

circuit city yo! they are the worst in my opinion... games that are on sale are always sold out...

walmart. piss poor selection. never updating the games they have. full price for games i can get cheaper somewhere else. bad service. too many people that lose their children. And best of all "Oh boy! gears of war 2 is on sale at walmart for 59.96!!! IMMA SAVE 3 WHOLE CENTS! PRAISE THE LORD!"

Gamestop cause they give you 1.80 for a game they sell for 40.00
also the employees are often smug jerks that lie when you call to see if they have something in. One time last november I was in the store and a poor sap called and asked for a ps2 copy of kingsfield ancient he repeated the name and the guy said let me look. he put the phone down finished checking the lady in front of me and me out, then b4 i left he picked the phone back up and said, sorry guy we dont have it. He didnt even check the computer. that pissed me off so bad, i turned around and walked over to the ps2 games spent a few seconds looking and found one. it was the only one they had that i saw. so i walked over to the counter and dropped it on em, the idiot looked at me and said you want this too? I said no but isnt that the game you just told that guy on the phone you didnt have? He smiled and said dude If we looked for every game people call about we wouldnt get anything done around here. the other guy woking there just laughed that i was pissed, I just shrugged it off and left. Needless to say I havent been back.

bread's done
Back