Worst B&M Game Retailer 2010

I know Gamestop is going to win for the umpteenth time, but at least they have deals and actually have stock.

My vote is for Wal-Mart, especially after Black Friday this year. They had a ton of games on sale for some great prices but no one knew the entire list and most of the stores had little to no stock from beginning of the sale. There's no organization to the store and like someone else said, getting anyone to help you is a joke.

Gamestop, they even got rid of the "Used Deal of the Week" which was the only reason I even looked at their ad...

Gamestop

Terrible trade in values
everything is MSRP
Terrible condition used games with a 10% discount
Pushy salesmen at the register
smelly, disorganized stores
Requires a pre-order to even buy most products at release

The worst, no question.

Wal-Mart

During Black Friday they didn't even put signs out to let you know what the prices were. Everyone was lined up at the scanners with a stack since they had no idea what was on sale and what wasn't

Wal-Mart. At least at the ones around me, everything stays MSRP forever. At least Gamestop does have specials and prices do go down with time as long as it's not a 1st-party Nintendo game or an evergreen AAA title.

[quote name='fwbweux']Wal-Mart. At least at the ones around me, everything stays MSRP forever. At least Gamestop does have specials and prices do go down with time as long as it's not a 1st-party Nintendo game or an evergreen AAA title.[/QUOTE]

This.

Wal-Mart hands down.

Gamestop. All I want to do is buy a copy of DJ Hero 2 FOR THE WII....and of course they charge the same amount for the Wii version as they do for the PS3 and 360 versions (which makes no sense) and they sell the controller bundle for the game at 63 dollars. The standalone game is 60. Yet the individual controllers were like 20 dollar.

Yeah, there's my mini rant.

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop

Terrible trade in values
everything is MSRP
Terrible condition used games with a 10% discount
Pushy salesmen at the register
smelly, disorganized stores
Requires a pre-order to even buy most products at release

The worst, no question.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on most of these. Gamestop gets my vote.

Aside from finding a complete copy of Dragon Quest V for the DS at one of them, GameStop.

Sorry, but I'm not buying a "new" copy of a game for $50 that's missing the artwork, manual, and yes, even the regular case. It's a dead giveaway when it's a Wii game in a black case ;).

Let's not get started on anything else about them. That just gets me every time.

Target. They never have and real "deals" and the only redeeming thing to CAGs would be their clearance games, which they never have around here.

Although GS is the obvious nomination, my vote is for Walmart; the only sale they/"we" ever is $5-off only the very-top tier games the week after release, and we're one of the last companies to drop prices even on games that are 3 years old. At least GS has a decent sale now and then.

GameStop. They mostly have used games for like $5 cheaper than brand new and the new games can be found cheaper online.

bread's done
Back