Worst B&M Game Retailer 2010

1) Kmart has to have some of the dumbest people in the world. They never have a clue and know nothing of the deals, and are just plain nasty.

2nd is Gamestop they just suck.

I'm pretty sure I didn't vote ITT yet, but Walmart. I bought some games at GS last year, whereas I won't buy a game at Walmart. Gamestop has some deals or drops that are good from time to time. Walmart has nothing.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Spedmunki so bitter.

Gamestop is my vote.[/QUOTE]

hahaha. You'd think kmart stole his console and tv or something.

Gamestop for being so fucking annoying.

K-mart, they have the worst customer service I have ever seen, deals don't work right half the time, etc.
The sales and coupons they have are not worth the trouble.

GameStop is the worst.

I used to like browsing there because they tend to have a better selection than other stores. But now it's just sad because nearly everything in their selection just isn't a good price. Their deals and sales tend to be weak, too, or they only apply to a small target audience.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Best Buy is WAY worse than Gamestop. I figured this thread would devolve into nothing but a GS bitch fest...

At least GS tries. They have very lenient return policies and have had some great trade in bonuses recently.[/QUOTE]

Not so, in my experience. Returns and BestBuy are always a breeze for me, very easy to work with them. Whereas GameStop can be very picky, and might not even let you return a brand new game that you didn't play yet, because it's not in shrink wrap, because THEY took it out of the shrink to put the case on display.
I say this as a former employee at GameStop; they are not very lenient with returns (unless you are friends with the guys).
GameStop employees do usually love games, at least, and often know their stuff. Unfortunately they can also be fanboys or hard to work with. Some are cool, though, YMMV.

I know GameStop will end up winning this one but I'm going to put down Best Buy. I had nothing but trouble with them this year when it came to games.

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop

Terrible trade in values
everything is MSRP
Terrible condition used games with a 10% discount
Pushy salesmen at the register
smelly, disorganized stores
Requires a pre-order to even buy most products at release

The worst, no question.[/QUOTE]

Right on.
A very few of their stores are well kept and have cool people, but that can't make up for horrible trade in values and totally uncompetitive pricing.

Gamestop. While gamestop.com has had some great deals recently, the disconnect between the website and store (no pricematching their own site, ever... it's like they're entirely separate businesses) combined with the general disorganiztion of the store makes it an easy pick.

Plus the promotional videos they play in-store sound and look like they're made for 7-year olds. 5 minutes of it and I want to rip the TVs down, I really don't know how the employees can listen to the same 20-30 minute video on loop all day.

Wal-Mart. I never seen anything worth it in my area.

Gamestop, aside from getting some C.E. reduced, is starting to get up there for me. If they are going to get rid of PS2, Gamecube, and DS cases, at least give more than a 10% discount.

Wal-Mart hands down. I never see anything there more than a dollar or two of MRSP. There's never any clearence. (They have a shelf full of :ps2: games going for $17)

I don't even bother looking at the games there when I go.

Zellers in Canada. Just because they never have sales...ever! Halo Wars, Modern WArfare 2, & Red Dead Redemption are still $60 games there. Thank god Target bought them out. Maybe we'll finally get some quality control.

Besides specilazing in over priced games the store is also a mess, employees are dicks, the restaurant sucks, and if you wanted to buy an over priced video game good fucken luck finding someone to open the glass.

Gamestop. I used to work for them and the one I worked for was fine but I've noticed that a lot of the others stores have employees that harass the customer. I shouldn't have to play your silly game to buy something. That and it sucks that I can't get my pre-order bonuses because you gave the extras away to people who didn't even pre-order.

GameStop hands down... the deals, the overall customer service and store upkeep were completely poor (being a former store manager myself, this is quite infuriating)

Gamestop . . . partly for their age-old process of gutting games, and then selling them as "new". Stopped in there a few days ago, and they had a copy of Metal Slug XX on display, marked "new", for regular retail ($19.99). I asked the clerk if they had any new copies, and he said "that is a new one". When I pointed out all the scuffs all over the case, and the bent up manual, and explained why it really wasn't "new", he just blinked and stood there . . . there was nothing he could say. LOL.

Toys R Us because several of their gc deals were only available for a mere few hours on the day of release. Example: God of War 3- $25 gc between 10 am and 2 pm. Not cool

GameStop, I have 75 dollars in giftcards and refuse to buy things from there because of their prices... Prolly end up buying M$ points and buying XBLA games

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Gamestop[/QUOTE]

I don't shop at Walmart; I only went once and it was enough for me to vow to never step foot in their again. So GS and their discs that have been used to skate in the parking lot, yet are sold for $5 less than a new copy -_- get my vote

Walmart, selling 2002 XBox sports games for more than $50 is enough for them for me to suggest them. Combined with rare clearances and the few clearance games that have been at their current prices for close to a year and other games that are very overpriced makes it a place I never buy games at. I rarely even check the game department when I am in the store, compared to a store like Target that I never go into without checking the game clearance area.

bread's done
Back