Worst B&M Game Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wal-Mart.

I've NEVER bought a console game from them, ever (excluding GBA). Every time I walk by the Special Sale Bins, I see the usual Wal-Martians sifting through it, happy to buy crap games for $14-20 :/

My nominees are Wal-Mart for naver having any game deals, and EB Games for gutting every new GBA and DS game that comes in (not to mention at least 5 guts for every new PS2, GC, And XBox releases).

[quote name='RawisJericho']Wal-Mart, because they only time they usually mark down games is on universal price drops.[/QUOTE]

Even then, I wonder how long it takes for them to get the memo. Maybe it got buried underneath the TPS reports? They would be my second choice...

[quote name='Tricky']My Walmart price matches other stores with no problem. Right now the PlayStation 2 video game case is almost empty. Not much PS2 games in stock. Only two people ( the electronics department manager and one other girl) in that department know what they are doing. Sometimes it takes two weeks or more to get new releases. Sometimes they put a bunch of older games out instead of putting new games out.[/QUOTE]

Every single Wal-Mart I have been to has told me they no longer price match video games when I breakout the Best Buy or Circuit City circular.

I gladly pay a premium to buy my games someplace else across the street many times when I am desperate for something.

Of all the B&M retailers, Gamestop gets my vote. I haven't bought anything there in over a year because their deals suck. Walmart at least has a clearance bin that I can find games like Burnout 3 for Xbox for $8. Ebgames has gift vouchers this year that made some games essentially free. Gamespot is just not the place to go if you are a CAG. Not to mention that screwed all those people over during the 360 launch by not filling the promise Pre-orders before Christmas.

I voted EB. Ever since they got bought by Gamestop, the quality of their used games have dropped. And with their changed policy of accepting used games without case, etc. at some of their stores now, about half of the stock comes in their generic cases.

Circuit City, because they always give me an attitude. Nothing against other Circuit City's, it's just that the one closest to me is a real "C U Next Tueusday!"

I have to throw my vote to Circuit City... not based on any sort of personal vendetta, it's just their video game section is a complete mess.

Things are just thrown on the shelf, price tags are NEVER updated (even months later), it just looks like a hurricane went through the store at all times.

Wal-Mart Wal-Mart Wal-Mart

They must've taken a whole shipment of Radiata Stories and put them in the bargian bin for 14.95 apiece. Since it didn't look like a mistake of one being misplaced, I went to check out and then they gave me the huge run around and the manager would not even come out to solve the situation.

That and their staff never know anything and they never really have any kinds of sales.

How they sell so many games, I don't know.

I voted Wal-mart for a couple of reasons. First off, the Wal-mart near me has the most unorganized, dirty, game section around. And every game is behind glass! (even the $10 ones). No other store in the same neighborhood does it.

Also a special award for having the most uncomfortable Xbox360 demo setup in the history of demos.

My vote is for BB. All I got this year from them is a few penny guides and some really bad $1 games that turned out to be worth $1. All other stores I got much better deals at this year.

This is one is relatively easy for me: CC. The main reason is that they almost never have anything good in stock at my local B&M during a sale. They are better online, if a bit inconsistent with their service and sales/business practices at times (cc charging, shipping, etc).

Gamestop because of stupid employees, and gutting games, then selling as new. Ridiculous.

Walmart for a close second because I've never once seen any good game deals from them.

gamestop gets my vote, with the crappiest selection of dirty, scratched to hell, incomplete, and over priced used games in my area.

Wal-mart would usually get my vote (given their perpetual lack of deals near me), but my local Circuit City stores this year had piss-poor availability of nearly every clearance game I wanted. I couldn't get anything there on Black Friday last year either while my local BB had everything I wanted in stock. Lame, lame, lame. . .

It's all the more frustrating given the good fortune I've had at Circuit City in years past. :cry:

eb games because of all reasons already listed. My biggest complaint is missing instruction, not original case and scratches to hell priced the same as a mint copy?

Wal-Mart. Down my end, they NEVER have the game you want, and if they do, it's broken. They also NEVER let you return thing either.

Best Buy gets it in every worst category possible for calling me a "devil." I get called that enough by the brothas in my 'hood.

Wal-Mart.

My local store probably has the smallest display case of games ever. Even workers there complain about it. No special sales, and the prices aways seem to be outdated. The ailse are way to small to navagate through to look at stuff, basically one cart per aisle, especially down the videogame departmentright where the X360 display demo is, but that doesn't matter because the X360 they have there to play is 'not functioning', because it's already broken.

Oh, and I hate having to call upon an associate for them to unlock the case to the games just to look at the box. Wal-Mart if your that damn worried about stealing use a display copy, and keep the games in the back or behind the counter.

Best Buy, as usual. It's too bad people are blinded by the $10 off coupon so much...one good coupon (that they would frown upon us using) doesn't make up for the overall shitty customer service, annoying salespeople, and mediocre prices.

No real complaints on the above choices. There are other stores I think are worse than those. I voted for Circuit City only because many of the ones I go to are a MESS and many don't update their price tags. The service has often been ok though.

Had to go with Walmart. For a store that is supposed to always have the lowest prices they have some of the worst prices on games. There are never any real big sales, old games are often still full price.

Gamestop made me believe that I had the first shipment of 360, so I paid in full. Then I get the cold shoulder to find out if I'm getting my system, until a week goes by and I contact the regional manager for some answers. What do I get "Well that your problem", F U Gamestop I'll take my money somewhere else.:bomb:

Waiting an hour to pick up an Xbox360 USB controller after ordering online then doing in-store pickup does not bode well for Circuit City - especially after I gave them the benefit of the doubt after waiting an hour for an iPod a month earlier, meanwhile everyone else on the line got their stuff in a matter of minutes. Voted.

[quote name='Corrupt3dM3mory']Circuit City hands down they are the most unorganized store I have seen...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Good prices, but terrible layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back