Worst Online Game Retailer 2009

ToysRUs.com they always have a horrible online selection during B2G1 and not all games qualify when they should. Plus they charge way too much for shipping.

gamefly by far...1st order i had CAME with a tracking # 2nd magically didn't and it was right around xmas and whatdaya know the package got LOST F'gamefly

Stop nominating Buy.com! They have great game prices! Gamestop deserves this for not letting you cancel online preorders for in store pickup games without showing up to the store with ID!

Toys R Us B&M was great this year but the online store took forever to ship anything. 1 month wait time minimum along with tax and shipping. Bleh.

I gotta give a Dis-Honorable Mention to EAStore.com for taking my money over a month ago and still haven't shipped my order yet.

Update: Well my order finally arrived. Still a month to ship and poor communication will make me think twice before ordering from them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like TRU physical stores, but their only store prices blow in general. The online store never has any of the clearance deals of the B&M stores, and the shipping prices take the cake.

TRU I may have voted for you the best B&M store but your online sucks... I think we should see other people.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']TRU I may have voted for you the best B&M store but your online sucks... I think we should see other people.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.

Toys R Us. They ade me wait, they charged too much for sales tax, and they charged me shipping and taxes on my free game when they said they wouldn't.

I say Gamestop

I ONLY buy from them when I preorder or want a retro game like an Xbox or Gamecube game for $4 or so

NEVER buy new games, I went to get my Mass Effect 2 today, and I was in line only one person behind in front of me, but I look at the wall and I see 4 Mass Effect 2's and 1 Mass Effect 2 CE on the wall I'm thinkn: "They BETTER not be giving me ONE of the 4 as my preorder" lucky for them they didnt or I would raise hell

I've only used GameStop and have no complaints. TRU's site sucks; it's slow and charges shipping for everything. But I've heard some real horror stories about BuyNextGen

I'm not surprised Gamestop was one of the nominees for this award. The deals they put up were ok during black friday but they only had a few that caught my eye. Most of them were door busters and I was unable to go to one anyway.

TRU.com sucks for general price/shipping/availability and GS.com sucks for teasing prices with no availability. Both fail.

bread's done
Back