Worst Online Game Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toys R Us

EB Games is a close second I have not bought anything from them since the Gamestop merger went into effect.

Buy.com, because I ordered Zelda: TP for Wii in late November, and then it became backordered. It finally came back in stock a little over a month later, and they kept telling me they were "working on fulfilling the order," but it never shipped! Finally I cancelled it, and that took about a week. Also, they took away the GC discount, so I had to pay full price for Trauma Center. Also, their shipping is horribly slow, and their tracking also sucks.

By far Circuit City. Buy at their store, their online inventory sucks!

ebgames.com/gamestop.com

They are not blog/deal site friendly due to redirecting to the front page despite linking for a specific item. What the heck is it 1997, not everybody window shops at a website for the sake of window shopping anymore.

[quote name='ZForce915']ebgames/gamestop.com

No longer of any value to a CAG and still have that selling used games as new problem.[/QUOTE]

And their deals of the day is usually nothing that gets me interested, on top of the regular shipping costs.

Toysrus.com, for their three Wii game "deal." I only received two of my three games, and I'm sure they'll cancel that last game, which is conveniently the $10 game. Thus making me pay near full price for the other two. Plus, you can't email them, instead making one call them. Horrible.

[quote name='Moses144']Toysrus.com, for their three Wii game "deal." I only received two of my three games, and I'm sure they'll cancel that last game, which is conveniently the $10 game. Thus making me pay near full price for the other two. Plus, you can't email them, instead making one call them. Horrible.[/quote]

I second this.. I got my first two games almost immediately, but my $10 was on constant backorder (and it actually did ship to me over a month later).

Not only that, but instead of charging me the $104 total, I had a charge for $104, $105 and $95 from them. The next day, it was just the $104 charge. The next day, it was a $55 and $45 charge. When the last game sent, it changed to $104.

What the fuck?

[quote name='bsesb2003']And their deals of the day is usually nothing that gets me interested, on top of the regular shipping costs.[/QUOTE]

you know what I have to agree with you, ebgames/gamestop blows, there deal of the day is usually free ground shipping on that next 60$ title, its like wow what a crappy deal thanks for that cheap shipping.

Radioshack for allowing those Wii pre-orders to be open for two days despite canceling everyones.

A whole bunch of other sites did the same thing, but Radioshack takes tha cake.

CircuitCity.com - They never have anything in stock. They also won't let you preorder stuff, which really sucks!

toysrus.com
I actually got an email yesterday to do a survey regarding online gaming sites, toysrus.com in particular, and I was savage

It's a toss-up between toysrus.com and gamestop.com Toys R Us simply cancells everything while GameStop sends you used games in far worse condition than you could ever find even if you purposely beat a game to death.

Gamestop still does this even with current gen stuff?

header_prod_usedlong.gif

Wow.

I overheard something funny for the wrong reasons while at GameStop yesterday. Some mom wanted to buy the American Idol Karaoke Revolution Bundle and asked the employee if he could open it up so she could see what was inside. His response was, "I can't open it because then it wouldn't be new anymore and I can't sell it as new."

This coming from the store that always tries selling me their last gutted copy with, "It's still new, we just opened it."

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Gamestop still does this even with current gen stuff?

header_prod_usedlong.gif

Wow.[/QUOTE]

sigh, Remember the good ol' days when EBgames.com guaranteed box and manual on all current gen games? Damn you Gamestop and your buyout!

throwing in my vote for EBgames.com

It's amazing how they went out of there way to make the site suck after the merger. I mean before all that it was pretty badass.

Toysrus.com - no doubt about it. The only real race is who will be 2nd worst.

For second worst I pick Circuitcity.com, only because they constantly tease us with games listed as being in stock, when in fact they aren't.

EBgames.com. Seriously, during the golden days of the morning update, I would get up early just to shop there. I literally made about 100 or more orders and typically bought at least one thing a day for 25% off and free shipping. Since they got rid of it, I've maybe bought a dozen or less things.

buy.com - they say they have something in stock and then it is supposed to ship in 1-2 weeks...then another 1-2 weeks. I am actually still waiting on something from over a month ago!

Google Check-Out did it for me.

Buy.com

edit: crap! wrong thread. should've been best online retailer.

note to self - stop surfing and posting in the middle of night.

ToysRUs.com deserves this award. Nobody else even comes close. Boo hoo, the games were more expensive at EB/GS? That's nothing compared to the multitude of ways TRU.com raped their customers on a daily basis with unavailable product, cancellations, authorization holds, and Google Checkout issues.

And I'm speaking from experience - I worked for them! Everyone in the customer service department is truly sorry for everything you guys got put through. We were just as frustrated with our inability to help the customers as you guys were, I assure you.

Buy.com were the ones that screwed me over this year. Atrocious customer service with regards to the google checkout and price mistakes. So they get my vote this year.

Toys R Us. Easily. Want to use the $10 off $10 purchase. Find something for $9.99. So I add a pen for $1. They ship the pen, cancel the $9.99 order. Then they say they are charging me for shipping on both items and the cost of the pen. They end up charging me for the pen, the item they canceled, shipping for both minus the $10 off. I email them to credit me back and they refuse. A quick call to AmEx got my money back though.

Gamestop/Ebgames. They sell games incomplete, have horrible costumer service, ship delicate items in flimsy packages, rarely have good deals anymore and whats worst of all is they are a huge corporation that buys up anyone that tries competiting with them.

Toys R' Us, ordered 3 Wii games, got 1 a month for 3 months, no way to tell when or if I was even going to get each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back