Worth upgrading to a slim?

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
260 (100%)
I have a later generation xbox360 (Jasper) that was a replacement for a dying one. Anyway I've been thinking lately I kind of want a slim. My main reason right now is the old white one is loud. Is it worth upgrading to a slim now so late in the gen? Think we'll see another re-model like the PS3?

Don't see the point of upgrading just because it makes noise. I wouldn't bother upgrading at this point unless it actually breaks or Gamestop has a great trade-in deal which I don't think they at the moment.

I dont think we'll see another remodel since the xbox 720 (or whatever they name it) will come out end of next year or early 2014. That said, I think its worth upgrading to a slim if you find yourself low on hard drive space, just gotta wait for a good GS trade-in deal.

Up to you, there's really no reason to ask others. If it bugs you that much, go for it.

For what it's worth, the noise on my old one was bad enough that I was actually kind of happy when it died and I definitely appreciate the quiet the current model has.

You probably missed the best deals of the year already, but some stuffmay pop up between now and Xmas.

if you have the money to spare, definitely go for the upgrade because the slim is really nice. but if it means things will be lean for you for awhile, save the money and buy some games. or tuck the money away toward the next Xbox.

Unless the noise is just really annoying to you, I would wait. I just bought a slim today, mainly because my old model one was acting up. I will say though that they are nice and quiet.

sold my jasper model and bought a slim, added the nkyo fan attachment. now my slim sounds as loud as my fatboy.

if you use a headset you (at least I) shouldn't really notice the HD or fan spinning on the fatboy...as mentioned earlier, if you can get a good deal on a trade in I'd say go for it simply because the slims have built in wifi and a runs cooler/quieter. Othrewise, if it ain't broke...

I thought the upgrade was worth it, but I did it over a year ago. I would just wait for the next gen at this point, unless you need a bigger hard drive too.

[quote name='jkam']I have a later generation xbox360 (Jasper) that was a replacement for a dying one. Anyway I've been thinking lately I kind of want a slim. My main reason right now is the old white one is loud. Is it worth upgrading to a slim now so late in the gen? Think we'll see another re-model like the PS3?[/QUOTE]

Is it loud only while playing games? Just buy a 120 GB or 250 GB hard drive and install your games.

Well i never had any of the older xbox 360s. The Slim has been my first ever 360 and i haven't had a single problem with it. I install all of my games and the system hardly makes any noise..

But with the possibilities of the new Gen Xbox coming out next year i would say to hold on. If your xbox still works perfectly than just hold on a little longer. idk
just my two cents

[quote name='100xp']sold my jasper model and bought a slim, added the nkyo fan attachment. now my slim sounds as loud as my fatboy.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you remove the fan attachment? We've never had a problem with either of our slims, without a questionable fan attachment.

No harm in it. I got a slim when my old model RROD.

The slim is a lot quieter, and I got the 250GB model and it's nice to have all the storage space as I just had the 20 GB before and was having to delete DLC after beating games to free up space which got old.

No reason to not trade in/sell the old 360 and at least get something out of it rather than waiting for it to die--unless you plan on getting the next Xbox at launch I guess. I imagine that will hit next fall, so maybe worth waiting it out and hoping your old 360 lasts that long if you're for sure buying day one.

The DVD tray on my original pro model died about 6 months ago. The CPU worked, but I wanted more than the 20 gig hardrive anyway so I waited for a deal on a 250 GB model and got a new one. I think it's worth it, but to be honest, if my old DVD drive had never broke, I would still be playing my old one. I'm cheap like that.

If you're going to do it, GS is giving a $50 promo for trading in a 360 so you can get $100 for an original style 360 as long as it's in good shape so that makes the upgrade only cost $150 to get Slim w/HDD and you can sell the included Forza 4 Lite disc/Skyrim Download code online to lower the cost further.

bread's done
Back