would it have been so hard to map R to complement the c-stick for weapons....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Metroid Prime either, and you can flame me if you want. I'm not going to review it, it's just my opinion, nor am I going to bash anybody for liking it. I just don't like it, and didn't see what the fuss was about.

Anyways, I do like the Metroid GBA games.

Kind of like Castlevania 2-D is probably the better way to go with Metroid, but whatever I'm not the developer.

because it's all serious and that takes all the fun out of it. it takes a step back to oot which is in the wrong direction.

I hate realism.

maybe i should type it as raelism so you can notice it.

[quote name='kaw']Yeah, realsim sucks. Every game should look like an Andy Warhol painting. :roll:[/quote]

Soup Invaders? Super Mao Bros.? Nah - every game should look like a video game - figure that one out :lol:

[quote name='pukemon'][quote name='Alpha2']Like I said I never had much of a problem with combat in MP, with the lock on feature you get to straife around your target aslong as you keep them in visual range, it certainly makes things easier.[/quote]

i'm not complaining about the lock on. i'm complaining about the R button and weapon change control. the lock on is fine and needed. it's just more tedious to have to stop to aim or look around with R when it should/could have been like traditional first person and R + c-stick to change weapons.[/quote]

I think due to the way it was designed, it works perfect. My friend thought it was so weird when he played an early version, but once he bought it he dived right in. Obviously this isn't your case - some people won't like it, some people will.

Personally, adding deathmatch to Prime 2 is a step in the wrong direction imo. Metroid's different and making it like every other game that takes place in first person (essentially punishing it for being in first person) would be a mistake in my eyes.

if they do the control scheme like i suggested or come up with something better, then it's on like donkey kong. i can see mp in MP failing miserably or being the next big thing since goldeneye.

I couldn't get into MP at all because of the control scheme. I didn't know there was going to be deathmatch in MP2, but it definitely sounds like a bad idea.

I have a question for the person who posted this on the thread (I'm too lazy to look maybe they will read it and it's a waste of my time to look).

Someone on here said something like this: "You aren't playing it right?"

How should you play a game? What kind of statement is that? There is a wrong and right way to play a videogame? So, if I come over to your house and you have a strategy guide open, should I shaq fu you for playing the game the "wrong way"? I mean the only way you could define playing a game wrong really is if you aren't proceeding further into the game. Obviously you are doing something wrong if you can't get passed level 1 on Ninja Gaiden. As far as enjoying a game or not it is impossible for someone to play the game the wrong. Either someone is going to like it or they aren't going to like it.

I heard this supposed "argument" about Master of Orion III too, and I don't think it holds a whole lot of water in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back