Would you eat a free meal in this case?

Moses144

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I went to Sonic recently with a friend. The food we ordered was terrible, possibly the worst fast food I've ever had; the burgers had buns that were hard enough to not be able to bend without snapping a piece off, and the fries tasted as if they came from a gas station ... soggy yet half hard, dry interior, no seasoning, and some fries were discolored and burnt. Essentially, we're confident our food was under a heat lamp or was made with faulty products. Naturally, we complained to corporate Sonic.

Fast forward a few days, and we get a call from a rep saying that Sonic's manager was fired for poor food management, potentially not just from my complaint. We were offered possibly the worst compensation in the form of two free combos on file at this specific Sonic. This means, in order to get our free food, we have to mention our name, and thus let them know we complained. Now, I'm not a fast food employee, but that sounds like a situation where tampered food could come into play, with some spit added, or worse.

Would you redeem a free meal in this regard?

I'm surprised Sonic's has a system where they can pull you up by name. Only been to Sonic's once though and I didn't think they were anything special.

I'd rather eat at am/pm gas station than Sonics. Worst fast food ever. I only go there for their Slushes. Just let it go and don't make the mistake of going back.

I say just let is go, don't eat at that location again unless you really need to. Chances are lots of employees there were bad so I doubt it would turn around that quick. Plus its fast food so you always try to eat something better for you.

And if you really are dying for sonic find another one and visit that one.

I would call back and ask for a coupon or gift card and go to another location. I wouldn't go back in that case unless you know that the whole locations staff has been turned over, and I doubt that's happened.

Sadly, I know people that have had done stupid shit to people's food when it's been returned. My wife won't even return a meal (unless it's the wrong item) for fear of getting it spit on.

Well, if you have any enemies... treat them out to some shoddy Sonics >_>;

Though to be honest, I've only been to two Sonics in my entire life and except for maybe the drinks, I would never consider eating at one ever again.

No way, dude. Don't go back. I've been once and thought the hype surrounding it was too much for what the food is. I was impressed with their slush but that's it.

The food at the sonic's in Athens, GA are actually pretty decent, but if you want somewhat fresh food, you should custom order your burger, I've always custom ordered my burgers, and they're always fresh, and taste really good.

Heck, we drive out of our way to eat at sonic's. The burgers arent anything special but I like the tots and getting flavored syrup in my coke.

Sonic's food is gross as hell, there's a Chic-Fil-A and Arby's next to my Sonic so I'll never pick Sonic again with the other two places right next door. Don't bother going back, I'm sure it won't get any better.

Well, you see, I like Sonic, and until the last experience, the food has been fresh and to my satisfaction. My only real concern is a potential cock-meat sandwich or something.

You're not going to taste the spit if you don't know it's there.

Ok but seriously, take the offer. They aren't stupid enough to mess with your food after you've complained. You could probably sue for that.

[quote name='panzerfaust']You're not going to taste the spit if you don't know it's there.

Ok but seriously, take the offer. They aren't stupid enough to mess with your food after you've complained.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much this. Since they know you're capable of complaining, your food will be fine.

I'd take it. I've had this happen before (at Sonic, too!) and if they know who you are and that you complained then they will not fuck with you. If you eat it and are suspicious that the food is less than quality complain again.

Sonic says: Eat at me again

sonic.gif

That's out of the ordinary. I kinda like our Sonic. The footlongs are great. Although it's not hard to win when there's barely anything other than McD's (won't eat there) and BK which often annoys me with commercials so that I avoid them too. We had an Arby's but it closed. Think a Nathans opened recently so I'll try that someday since it's not a short drive. Dairy Queen has some tasty burgers though. Wish we had more local variety.

[quote name='Afflicted']ask for a chic-fil-a giftcard instead?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

---

Arbys is possibly the worst fast food place. I never knew roast beef could be that slimy.

---

OP: I wouldn't eat there. You're asking for spit or worse.

I'd take the free meal. Quit worrying so much about it. I tend to think people tend to prefer keeping their jobs to having the brief satisfaction of fucking around with your food. Besides, one complaint would hardly put you on the radar for the kind of retaliation you're imagining.

id sell it to someone else to use because like you said unless the manage was a dick and nobody liked him your food will get extra seasoning ( liquid and solid) when you go to pick it up. seems odd they couldnt just mail you some coupons or a gift card or something that could be safely redeemed.

every sonic ive been to has been awesome and usually the food is made fresh but to be honest most times i just went for a route 44 strawberry lemon slush .99 every summer. that and their chili cheese tater tots.

Given my brief stint in the food industry, my experience has been that if something is sent back we just re-do it and we figured it was a mistake on our end or we don't care why because we're too busy to wonder why it was sent back as long as the manager doesn't know/won't break balls over it.

I would say it's safe to assume two things: 1) If you aren't a douche with your server, you won't get fucked with 2) Anyone who is willing to mess with your food without 'just cause' is probably doing something else in their routine that would make you not want to eat food they prepped anyway.

In your case, I would say for-go it because it's already in your mind that something will be wrong. Bottom line is that there was a problem and know you know what it was and that it was addressed and the $10-20 should just be written off in your mind as a bad experience. For cryin' out loud, it's a couple combo meals at a fast food joint, not like you were sold a lemon at the car dealership.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1mp8X6EI0

[quote name='confoosious']Arbys is possibly the worst fast food place. I never knew roast beef could be that slimy.[/QUOTE]
You should see what the "roast beef"(more like ground beef patte that is then baked once the stores receive it) looks like BEFORE it gets cooked.:puke: It's a slimy looking log of "meat" that's been ground up n smushed back together into a big ol' loaf. I worked at one in the early 90's n I couldn't eat their "roast beef" for at least a year after that.:whistle2:#
[quote name='QiG'] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v1mp8X6EI0 [/QUOTE]

That clip is HILARIOUS. Though whoever posted it requested embedding be disabled. Now I regret not buying the Blu-Ray of Waiting when I saw it about 3 weeks ago at a Salvation Army for $5.:cry:

cousin complain at a pizza hut once and they always make their food right now ...or go beyond helping.. they live down in kentucky.... last week they ordered pan and got hand toss..

They were able to keep both the pizzas.. 2 more got made free and they were given a 20 buck gift card to come back later

[quote name='QiG']In your case, I would say for-go it because it's already in your mind that something will be wrong. Bottom line is that there was a problem and know you know what it was and that it was addressed and the $10-20 should just be written off in your mind as a bad experience. For cryin' out loud, it's a couple combo meals at a fast food joint, not like you were sold a lemon at the car dealership.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. The OP won't be able to enjoy the meal, since he'll be wondering if anything is wrong with it.

I ended up ordering things that couldn't have mystery sauce: the popcorn chicken, mozzarella sticks, and a cone. They were nice as pie, and very apologetic. They comped our entire bill, even past the two combos.

They handled it pretty well. Will go back.

If you usually like Sonic, give them another chance. I think they suck, so I wouldn't bother personally. But that's just me and I hate most fast food.

You could probably just use them at a different Sonic, depending on how you order/how difficult the manager decides to be.

[quote name='Moses144']I ended up ordering things that couldn't have mystery sauce: the popcorn chicken, mozzarella sticks, and a cone. They were nice as pie, and very apologetic. They comped our entire bill, even past the two combos.

They handled it pretty well. Will go back.[/QUOTE]

just because they didnt add special sauce doesnt mean they didnt do anything. theres still plenty that can be done while keeping the food looking normal. just try not to think about it too much i mean really whats the chance they actually stirred your soda/drink with their penis............

I worked at Taco Bell when I was a kid. We had a board in the back where we wrote down the names of folks where we had messed up their order. They came, mentioned there name, and we gave them their meals free. I don't remember any animosity. Messed up orders just happen sometimes.

[quote name='Moses144']I went to Sonic recently with a friend. The food we ordered was terrible, possibly the worst fast food I've ever had; the burgers had buns that were hard enough to not be able to bend without snapping a piece off, and the fries tasted as if they came from a gas station ... soggy yet half hard, dry interior, no seasoning, and some fries were discolored and burnt. Essentially, we're confident our food was under a heat lamp or was made with faulty products. Naturally, we complained to corporate Sonic.

Fast forward a few days, and we get a call from a rep saying that Sonic's manager was fired for poor food management, potentially not just from my complaint. We were offered possibly the worst compensation in the form of two free combos on file at this specific Sonic. This means, in order to get our free food, we have to mention our name, and thus let them know we complained. Now, I'm not a fast food employee, but that sounds like a situation where tampered food could come into play, with some spit added, or worse.

Would you redeem a free meal in this regard?[/QUOTE]

Sonic usually makes good stuff...but considering the manager that you got fired is gone I wouldn't worry toooo much about tampered food. Maybe you'll get the best food heaven has ever bestowed upon you because the employees are scared you'll complain about their food and get them fired bahahaa.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I worked at Taco Bell when I was a kid. We had a board in the back where we wrote down the names of folks where we had messed up their order. They came, mentioned there name, and we gave them their meals free. I don't remember any animosity. Messed up orders just happen sometimes.[/QUOTE]

I bet that board was overflowing with so many names you couldn't keep track of it. :rofl:

bread's done
Back