Wow!5/7 Now$39.99 - 12% coupon In Store YMMV BB CD/DVD Spinner Rack holds 832 CDs ...

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
5/7 Thanks Ops! thought I would change the title to befit the new price. Now I am definitely grabbing a second one (for games this time)...

Update - sorry this was $49.99 when I posted a couple months ago, now it's $59.99 not a "killer" deal just a really good deal..(when I bought it the reg. retail was $119.99....)

Init® - 832-Disc Swivel CD/DVD Tower - Black

Don't spend hours looking for a DVD tucked away on a deep shelf: Get organized with this CD/DVD tower. It holds plenty of discs and allows quick and easy access, thanks to the tower design and rotating base.
Product Features
  • Holds up to 832 CDs or 360 DVDs or a combination of media
  • Measures 50"H x 18-3/4"W x 18-3/4"D
  • Durable medium-density fiberboard
  • Adjustable shelves
  • Rotating base provides easy access to your media
  • Assembly required
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...rack&lp=12&type=product&cp=1&id=1099389144857

Just bought one of these for pick-up tomorrow.

Received 4 positive reviews (one person wrote they bought a second one after buying the first for 4x this a couple years ago)

I built this slowly in about an hour. Very solid and would recommend.

[quote name='roguejedi5']For that price is nice, but too bad its all sold out in my area.:cry:[/quote]

pickles, 70% of the stores in my area showed it in stock for pick-up , so I hoped it was worth posting....

I've been considering SpinKeeper racks from ebay (similar capacity, ~$280 shipped)... BestBuy wants $60 shipping so it'd be $110 each. Tough call...

[quote name='Koggit']I've been considering SpinKeeper racks from ebay (similar capacity, ~$280 shipped)... BestBuy wants $60 shipping so it'd be $110 each. Tough call...[/quote]

$60 sounds about right, guess it's quite heavy.
I called to verify the guys would help me into the vehicle.
and have a friend coming to help my other half unload (I'm gonna be the "builder" lol...) It probably ships via freight Vs ground (150# max)...

funny, for me it would be a tough call because the of "sale" price...

[quote name='h3llbring3r']MDF no likey humidity, bad here in Georgia.[/quote]

even sealed? MDF?

Good to know as I was about to e-mail someone in SC...

Dry as a bone here...

Crap... this would be great for me but there aren't any available here but they are available at a store back home.

I could get my brother to get it for me but he's a total wuss and won't be able carry that thing (weights 83 pounds) so I know he'll say no.

The deal I found is almost back...lowest I've seen.

Been using mine for a couple months and would recommend.

its in stock B&M near me, i dont own THAT many discs, but this thing could be pretty useful. I think i have maybe 100 or so cds+dvd+games, but i already have one cd rack, which is full, if it was 49 instead of 59 i guess i would go get one. thanks for posting this tho

Well I put in an order, what the hell. I actually bought a 576 CD rack that I kind of like from Best Buy about a month ago for $5 less than this but I could use another rack. I was going to haggle the manager into selling me another of the exact same 576 rack so I'd have a sexy pair of those, still might...

how big is this? i want something like this but possibly in a smaller scale..any pics?

edit- man this has good reviews.... i may jump on this ..they have it in store too

i hate building anything though?

Looking at this thread has me thinking about new storage options for my stuff. I have way too many DVDs and games, and my personal space is very disorganized right now.

I was looking at something like this:

http://www.mediastoragecenter.com/Leslie-Dame-M-1431DC-Storage-Unit.htm

... But, I think it's too bulky. After going through only roughly 50% of my stuff, I need at least 3 of these swivels to make a dent. I can't even fit all of my PS2 games on one swivel :whistle2:(

I'm not sure what to do. Any advice? Any other deals on larger media centers? How about on larger swivels?

I think I might order one of these to see how it is before making a plunge to another two or three. I can't find a cheaper or more effective option.

I picked up one of these spinner racks on Monday, last one at the Best Buy I checked, $59.99. I put it together last night and this morning, wasn't difficult at all to build and looks pretty nice, definitely a steal at $60!

Dammit... I would've been all over this a few weeks ago. I could really use one of these as they're easier to have in odd places (like by the couch). I just spent $40 on a bookshelf.:whistle2:(

It's available at a local store but I wonder how long this'll last. I won't be able to pick it up until Friday at the earliest.:whistle2:k

I have a similar one that holds 2,000 cd's, and I love it.
I suggest you guys pick this one up, it's worth the $60 or whatever, saves a lot of space and mess in your room.

[quote name='sailorchrono']Dang, I'd love this :( Too bad I have no idea how to build anything T.T[/quote]

homerbbq6ii3.jpg

:)

Great Racks i have 3 of these things and plan on picking up a forth...bought my first one about 3 years ago and still doing great, everytime i need more space i only look for this storage unit....the swivel is great and it works well on carpet if you have hard wood floors make sure you get a piece of carpet underneath it or it won't spend if there is too much weight on it. i just found some left carpet at home depot on clearance and cut out the square to perfect match the bottom so you didn't even see the carpet..........****the other thing is if you only fit dvds in it you can do five rows (it took me a while to set the little pegs to maxmize space make , just take a dvd and use it as how far to mark off***make sure you start on the bottom or you have the fun looking empty shelve on bottom) so with five rows you can fit 18 dvd per a row nicely if you wanted to you can jam it to be 19....with 5x18 you get 90 per a side so get exactly 360 with a empty shelf on the top that can fit cds or horizontal stack of 10 dvds....there is many ways to do it but that was the best way i found to use all the space......

Highly recommend this if you need storage and its actually pretty light no way it weighs 82lbs.

Happy Hunting

Can anybody post a pic of one of these in your houses with your media on them? I am thinking about picking one up, but only 1 store near me has them.

Any idea how many HD DVD/Blu Ray Cases fit? More than the 360 DVDs or same?

Thanks.

Broke down and just ordered one... I shouldn't have bought it but with the amount of games it holds, I won't need to buy any shelfs for at least another 5 years.:lol:

I am seeing $59.99. FTR, the $60 shipping seems to cover multiple racks, so if you are buying 3 or 4, it's not so bad. It really is a very good deal for this type of thing.

Glad I cleaned out my car before going, box was fairly big. I looked around the store and they didn't even have them out on the floor, got my pickup and was out the door. Thanks OP these are perfect for my needs

I have one of these. I got it at BB for like 80 bucks over a year ago. The thing is great. I was able to manipulate my stuff so that I have some shelfs that fit DS cases and some that fit HD-dvd cases. If your smart you can fill the entire thing up with all sorts of medea.

thanks, in for two.

btw, according to what best buy customer service told me about a game last year, they have to have at least 5 in stock before it will let you order it online because of inventory accuracy issues. so it's possible that a store has the item even if it doesn't show up on the website as being available in store.

wow this has taken on a third round.:applause::booty:

My unit works fine and it forced me to clean up the cds, dvds Vs blu (some dupes) so now I have a stack for craigs/garage sale....

as for a picture, well, mine looks just like the one posted on BBs link.

and it does weigh 85# with the box being 5' long for transport...

I definitely need one of these, but that $60 shipping price is a little crappy.

Says they have none in stock at my local stores, but I might go in and check sometime soon anyways.

[quote name='espy605']Is this unit easy to collapse if you move? Or once you put it together, that's pretty much it?[/quote]

You would have to unload it and move it carefully, but I can't imagine moving it with media loaded...

[quote name='espy605']Is this unit easy to collapse if you move? Or once you put it together, that's pretty much it?[/QUOTE]

Once it is together it is together, no collapsing. So better rent a truck if you're moving soon

[quote name='coolsteel']Glad I cleaned out my car before going, box was fairly big. I looked around the store and they didn't even have them out on the floor, got my pickup and was out the door. Thanks OP these are perfect for my needs[/QUOTE]

How big? Like, will it fit in a Honda Accord 4-door?

[quote name='Vinny']How big? Like, will it fit in a Honda Accord 4-door?[/QUOTE]

If the seats go down sure,otherwise you need to get creative. I still have my second one in the box so i'll post a pic.

[quote name='coolsteel']Once it is together it is together, no collapsing. So better rent a truck if you're moving soon[/quote]

Crud, I move a lot so that'll be a problem for me. Too bad, too, I saw it in store and it's quite nice.

[quote name='coolsteel']If the seats go down sure,otherwise you need to get creative. I still have my second one in the box so i'll post a pic.

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, my seats fold down but I guess I better make sure the opening is big enough to fit it through.

bread's done
Back