WOW Another Wavebird Deal 17.87at CC

twiztidjester

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
The Original Grey Wavebird is on clearance at CC. You can tell the original by its packaging.

It looks like this

1407140.jpg

Wow...now everyone can enjoy the Wavebird in all it's glory. ;)

But still, get to a K-Mart by tonight if you can. I got 2 Metrioid Prime/WaveBird bundles for $14.99 each!!

People have reported the bundle as low as $11.99!! If not, then this CC price sounds like a heck of a deal to me too.

[quote name='balzak520']Wow...now everyone can enjoy the Wavebird in all it's glory. ;)

But still, get to a K-Mart by tonight if you can. I got 2 Metrioid Prime/WaveBird bundles for $14.99 each!!

People have reported the bundle as low as $11.99!! If not, then this CC price sounds like a heck of a deal to me too.[/quote]

My K-Mart was out.

I'd rather get that K-Mart bundle, even though I already have a Wavebird and Metroid Prime, but if it's not ringing up at $16 after today I'll settle for CC.

Wavebirds kick ass and make me wish wireless controllers become standard in the next generation of consoles.

I'd like a 3rd WB, but this is way too much :shock:

I got my first one for $10 (after 2 $10 off coupons from Nintendo). Did anyone else do that deal where you got Mario Sunshine (later Metroid) for $70 shipped with the players guide, a small memory card and a $10 off WB coupon? I used both coupons on one WB . . . I also "returned" both of the cards to CC for store credit ... what a dick!

The second one I got (right before Mario Kart came out) at Goodwill . . . it must've come from Target but it was NIB with a damaged package. But the batteries were still sealed . . . $2.99 :lol:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Wavebirds kick ass and make me wish wireless controllers become standard in the next generation of consoles.[/quote]

I really hope the next gen consoles all take advantage of wireless controllers. I could care less about rumble.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Wavebirds kick ass and make me wish wireless controllers become standard in the next generation of consoles.[/quote]

I really hope the next gen consoles all take advantage of wireless controllers. I could care less about rumble.[/quote]
Same here, Rumble gets really annoying at times!

[quote name='tornadomann'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Wavebirds kick ass and make me wish wireless controllers become standard in the next generation of consoles.[/quote]

I really hope the next gen consoles all take advantage of wireless controllers. I could care less about rumble.[/quote]
Same here, Rumble gets really annoying at times![/quote]

Lets go back to the days of the Rumble Pack!

Yeah, I never play with rumble . . . I think its a cheap trick.

I don't think consoles will ship wireless though . . . $ to be made later.

[quote name='schultzed']Yeah, I never play with rumble . . . I think its a cheap trick.

I don't think consoles will ship wireless though . . . $ to be made later.[/quote]

I could see nintendo doing it, but not microsoft.

I guess I'm a rarity, I love the feature of rumble. Sure, it can be used as a cheap gimmick, but I feel it helps often in the feeling of immersion of a game. That extra help can be anywhere from the small tactile response to jumping on a grassy hill in Mario to your racing pulse in Resident Evil. That's probably the main reason I haven't gotten a Wavebird or any wireless controller, rumble features take too much battery life.

I like the rumble feature for some games, like Mercenaries and Resident Evil 4. It's just awesome to feel the impact of a Bunker Buster or shoot a zombie(?) with a Broken Butterfly (Magnum)!

Wait, does it matter what kind of packaging it is in? Because I bought a gray wavebird that had a different box than the picture you show. I need to know because I would like to get some of my money back if it doesn't matter, since I bought it not too long ago.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Wait, does it matter what kind of packaging it is in? Because I bought a gray wavebird that had a different box than the picture you show. I need to know because I would like to get some of my money back if it doesn't matter, since I bought it not too long ago.[/quote]

I think the older gray ones have a different box that the platinum color ones is that what you have?

I just got my cube a few weeks ago, and I'm not familiar with the way a Wavebird package looks. That pic look like every wavebird I've ever seen in a store.

What does the newer version look like ?

[quote name='KingDox']I just got my cube a few weeks ago, and I'm not familiar with the way a Wavebird package looks. That pic look like every wavebird I've ever seen in a store.

What does the newer version look like ?[/quote]

It's slightly different. The receiver stick out more and the rest of the package is flatter...

[quote name='twiztidjester']at the bottom it is a black color and it can stand by itself.[/quote]

That's the old ones right ? So the old ones are packaged like the old Duke xbox controllers.

And the new ones are packaged more slim & can't stand, right ?

[quote name='phatbunbao'][quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Wait, does it matter what kind of packaging it is in? Because I bought a gray wavebird that had a different box than the picture you show. I need to know because I would like to get some of my money back if it doesn't matter, since I bought it not too long ago.[/quote]

I think the older gray ones have a different box that the platinum color ones is that what you have?[/quote]

Nope, I don't have the platinum one. It is the original gray controller. The thing is, the one I bought at CC has a different box than the one pictured above, but the one I got at kmart looks like the one pictured. So i wanted to know if they had different upc or something...

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S'][quote name='phatbunbao'][quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Wait, does it matter what kind of packaging it is in? Because I bought a gray wavebird that had a different box than the picture you show. I need to know because I would like to get some of my money back if it doesn't matter, since I bought it not too long ago.[/quote]

I think the older gray ones have a different box that the platinum color ones is that what you have?[/quote]

Nope, I don't have the platinum one. It is the original gray controller. The thing is, the one I bought at CC has a different box than the one pictured above, but the one I got at kmart looks like the one pictured. So i wanted to know if they had different upc or something...[/quote]

yes they do.

Cool, the K-Mart here went out of business about 2 months ago, so I hope CC has these, though I'd doubt it simce they're pretty small compared to others I've seen.

Also, I like rumble, since it gives me feedback on the game. Though that's more about the dual shock 2 than the GC controller.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']hold up...the wavebirds have no rumble?[/quote]

No rumble feature on the Wavebirds, which is a shame. It's the only thing keeping it from being perfect! I'm sure it's due to battery life. However, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that any game that "requires" rumble must also have a method for conveying the same information without rumble. For instance, Mario Party 6 had a game with rumble to denote when to drop anchor, if a wavebird was connected, no rumble was sent to ANY controller (even non-wavebirds) and instead a ! sign was used to signal when to drop anchor. I believe other games must follow this type of rule.

Wait, what is this $14.99 Kmart deal people are talking about? I was just at Kmart today and they had a ton of the Wavebird/Metroid Prime bundles. Please, don't tell me I missed something!

[quote name='pacifickarma']Wait, what is this $14.99 Kmart deal people are talking about? I was just at Kmart today and they had a ton of the Wavebird/Metroid Prime bundles. Please, don't tell me I missed something![/quote]

Alright, we won't tell you.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Wait, what is this $14.99 Kmart deal people are talking about? I was just at Kmart today and they had a ton of the Wavebird/Metroid Prime bundles. Please, don't tell me I missed something![/quote]I won't tell you, I'll leave it to someone else. :wink:

The Wavebird/Metroid Prime combo pack at K-Mart are $15. You should go pick some up. :)

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='pacifickarma']Wait, what is this $14.99 Kmart deal people are talking about? I was just at Kmart today and they had a ton of the Wavebird/Metroid Prime bundles. Please, don't tell me I missed something![/quote]I won't tell you, I'll leave it to someone else. :wink:

The Wavebird/Metroid Prime combo pack at K-Mart are $15. You should go pick some up. :)[/quote]

They were $15.99 (some $14.99, some $11.99, depending on where you go) Sat & Sun.

I went to my local CC and got 3. They even had one in the old packaging that didn't have the black stripe at the bottom. Good deal, thanks.

[quote name='KingDox']I went to my local CC and got 3. They even had one in the old packaging that didn't have the black stripe at the bottom. Good deal, thanks.[/quote]
Sweet I've been waiting for someone to go instore and confirm it. I already have 2 myself, don't really need 2 more but I just might go for it.

[quote name='schultzed']Yeah, I never play with rumble . . . I think its a cheap trick.

I don't think consoles will ship wireless though . . . $ to be made later.[/quote]

Its not a cheap trick at all Immersion sued the shit out of MS and Sony For using "their" force feedback technology.

The wavebird doesn't work too well for me it always disconnects no matter what channel it is on and this is with the new included batteries. The logitech cordless action hasn't had any of these problems plus its smaller and has rumble (i don't use it to have longer battery life the manual says it will have at least 300 hours of battery life with no rumble) .

[quote name='tornadomann'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']Wavebirds kick ass and make me wish wireless controllers become standard in the next generation of consoles.[/quote]

Same here, Rumble gets really annoying at times![/quote]

I use to really love the rumble feature. Now I almost never notice it when I play games.

One of the reasons I love the Logitech wireless controllers for the Xbox and PS2 is because you can turn the rumble on or off. Here is hoping that idea is adopted by everyone who makes wireless controllers next gen.

[quote name='omyard']One of the reasons I love the Logitech wireless controllers for the Xbox and PS2 is because you can turn the rumble on or off. Here is hoping that idea is adopted by everyone who makes wireless controllers next gen.[/quote]

I have wavebirds for my GC and a logitech wireless controller for my pc. One of the things that I've missed on the wavebird is that the logitech controllers automatically turn themselves off after a period of inactivity (unlike the wavebird, which I have to manually turn on and off)

[quote name='DenisDFat']Rumble is stupid and only for people who broke into their mothers' toy closets as kids.[/quote]

The logitech action controller owns the wavebird.

My CC had all the wavebirds marked $24.95. It didn't matter wether they were old packaging or new. Oh well picked one up anyway as I need one.

[quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='schultzed']Yeah, I never play with rumble . . . I think its a cheap trick.

Its not a cheap trick at all Immersion sued the shit out of MS and Sony For using "their" force feedback technology.

The wavebird doesn't work too well for me it always disconnects no matter what channel it is on and this is with the new included batteries. The logitech cordless action hasn't had any of these problems plus its smaller and has rumble (i don't use it to have longer battery life the manual says it will have at least 300 hours of battery life with no rumble) .[/quote]

Funny, I have the exact opposite problem. I returned my Xbox logitech's a long time ago. My Wavebirds however, are my baby's. They stay with me as I game on my bed. ^_^ I remember taking them to a friends house and they weren't working right. At my house though, I've never had one problem with them. I guess it just depends on all the "air activity" going on in an area.

[quote name='Freshwillis'][quote name='DenisDFat']Rumble is stupid and only for people who broke into their mothers' toy closets as kids.[/quote]

The logitech action controller owns the wavebird.[/quote]

Logitech also costs more obviously they were making sacrifices to create a lower price. Like they did with the gcn to not play dvd movies. I still wonder why the battery life in the wavebird is so much worse than the logitech yet it also sends a weaker radio signal???

I love my Wavebirds. I ended up picking up four at cheap prices eventually. I got two of them at pawn shops for $20 each, got one at a K-Mart closing down with Mario Party 4, and found one cheap at the local Wal-Mart a while ago. Just a note to everone looking into getting one; in all of the Platinum Wavebirds I have seen/used, the paint begins to wear off. My nephew has two, and they both have wear. My friends' do the same. Just a heads up...

I checked CC in Peoria AZ, but unfortunately, they were marked and rang up at $34.99. :cry: I will have a Wavebird one of these days though.. oh yes, I will. :p

bread's done
Back