WoW Cataclysm CE now available for preorder on Amazon

You would think that this would at least be the same quality as the starcraft 2 CE. Then again the SC2 CE was 20 bucks more. Still kinda disappointing they went with a lower level of awesomeness.

[quote name='Draken Zero']You would think that this would at least be the same quality as the starcraft 2 CE. Then again the SC2 CE was 20 bucks more. Still kinda disappointing they went with a lower level of awesomeness.[/QUOTE]
As an expansion, the normal game is a full $20 less than SC2 launched at ($40 vs. $60), so you're paying the same premium over retail for the CE.

Basically, you get a mouse pad and a TCG deck in place of the sweet SC2 dog-tag-USB. Pretty comparable in terms of value, but I'm not into the TCG at all. The USB drive is much cooler in my mind.

But, I have a huge weakness for Blizzard CE's so I already pre-ordered.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']As an expansion, the normal game is a full $20 less than SC2 launched at ($40 vs. $60), so you're paying the same premium over retail for the CE.

Basically, you get a mouse pad and a TCG deck in place of the sweet SC2 dog-tag-USB. Pretty comparable in terms of value, but I'm not into the TCG at all. The USB drive is much cooler in my mind.

But, I have a huge weakness for Blizzard CE's so I already pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

agreed. I had no intentions of buying this CE, but for $20 extra, this thing comes packed full of extra goodies.

If you want to see a poor $20 boost to a pricetag, go look at the new Castlevania's CE. That thing is garbage for what you pay for it. This is a WAY better deal.

[quote name='denshaotoko']This is $40 more than the normal edition right? So double? Seems pretty high to me.[/QUOTE]

It is. The CE's contents are identical to what was included with the Wrath of the Lich King and Burning Crusade CEs, and those were only $30 more than the normal edition. The Catalcysm CE has literally nothing new, yet still costs $10 more than they did.

'Course, that isn't going to stop me from buying it. I have a complete set of WoW CE's, and like hell if I'm going to stop now.

[quote name='denshaotoko']This is $40 more than the normal edition right? So double? Seems pretty high to me.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yea it a bit much for me too unfortunately.

I pre-ordered yesterday since I still had $60 to amazon to use. Does anyone know how early amazon gets the game to you on release day, I have yet to order a new game from amazon. I ordered next day shipping with my student prime account.

[quote name='kidray666']Says not available for in-store pickup from GS :([/QUOTE]
Uh, if you find a store that has it in stock, let me know. I could use the extra thousands from eBay.

I pre-ordered, but I don't know if I'll go through with the purchase

I'll either cancel it, use it as a gift for a buddy who plays WOW (I don't play) or trade it for some things I really want (Like a Mass Effect 2 CE)

bread's done
Back