wow old roomy sold disney mix and much more to me.

[quote name='aoLat']Wow, 1111111 you are ridiculously annoying. Learn how to type. :)[/QUOTE]

sorry i talk alot on aim with like 60 friends so i'm used to shortening alot of stuff.
----

thx again for all the praise guys.

[quote name='evanft']No. One of the first thing you learn in ethics/philosophy is that opinions can indeed be wrong.

If I said that, in my opinion, that Nintendo is not a video games company because I saw Mario toys in a store, would I be right? No, my opinion would be wrong because my argument is not sound. I'll show you:

If Nintendo makes anything other that video games, then they are not a video game company.

Nintendo makes Mario toys.

Therefore, Nintendo is not a video game company.

Now, my argument is valid, as the conclusion follows from the premises. But, since the first premise is untrue, the argument is not sound and the conclusion is therefore wrong.

I'll show you with 11111111's point:

If a game is good/classic, then it is a Greatest Hit.

Suikoden 2 and Rez are not Greatest Hits.

Therefore, Suikoden 2 and Rez are not good/classic.

Like the Nintendo example, the argument is valid, as the conclusion does indeed follow from the premises. But, the first premise is gain untrue, since there are many games that are good/classic that aren't Greatest Hits. So, the conclusion is wrong.[/QUOTE]

By the way nintedo dosent make the toys they license them out to other companys to make.
So they are a video game company.

[quote name='111111']i've taken this class before. ur stupid in believing that. conclusion is not always true and can be misleading. who are u tryin to fool. go back to your freshman 101 class.[/QUOTE]

WTF are you talking about, dumbass? I said the argument was valid, which is was, but it wasn't sound because one of the premises wasn't true. Therefore, the conclusion, your opinion, was wrong because it was based on a false premise.

And how the hell could you have gone to school if your typing skills are the way they are?

[quote name='bboynujen']Sorry buddy, but I too went to college, and your logic doesn't hold up. An opinion is a person's idea about something, this idea is not a fact and so it can't be right or wrong. Its like saying chicken tastes better than steak, or Suikoden I is better than II. When you state "Nintendo is not a video game company", it is no longer an opinion, it is a fact that can be proven or disproven (in this case obviously false). [/QUOTE]

This is a common misconception. Opinions are conclusions derived from a set of facts. Let's look at his first argument again:

Becoming a Greatest Hit is based on sales, and I imagine in some cases some back scratching on the part of the developer. Now, do sales have anything to do with a game's quality? Of course not, so the premise is obviously false. His argument is therefore not sound and his conclusion is null.

[quote name='bboynujen']Sorry buddy, but I too went to college[/QUOTE]

Your mom goes to college :neutral:

Sorry, I saw my opening and took it. I'm done now. :ziplip:

[quote name='pimp tyranny']in many cases sales do have much to do with a game's sales, evan.[/QUOTE]

What? Becoming a Greatest Hit is not directly tied to game quality, only sales. Now, one could make the argument that in some cases, quality ends up becoming sales (God of War, for example) but in others it does not (Enter the Matrix).

[quote name='evanft']No. One of the first thing you learn in ethics/philosophy is that opinions can indeed be wrong.

If I said that, in my opinion, that Nintendo is not a video games company because I saw Mario toys in a store, would I be right? No, my opinion would be wrong because my argument is not sound. I'll show you:

If Nintendo makes anything other that video games, then they are not a video game company.

Nintendo makes Mario toys.

Therefore, Nintendo is not a video game company.

Now, my argument is valid, as the conclusion follows from the premises. But, since the first premise is untrue, the argument is not sound and the conclusion is therefore wrong.

I'll show you with 11111111's point:

Like the Nintendo example, the argument is valid, as the conclusion does indeed follow from the premises. But, the first premise is gain untrue, since there are many games that are good/classic that aren't Greatest Hits. So, the conclusion is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Ooo, I have another one. Someone could say

"IMO, anyone who paid $100 for

snes mario rpg guide
ocarina of time guide+game
original super mario bros 3 guide
disney mix complete
secret of mana snes
(6) mario worlds
GBA games(all complete with booklets and box)
sonic advance
zelda seasons
f-zero
mario kart

got ripped off."

[quote name='evanft']WTF is up with the price for Disney DDR? Who are the retards paying $80+ for it?[/QUOTE]

While I wouldn't pay $80 for it, DDR Disney Mix does have a lot of redemming qualities (aside from rarity) for Dance game fans:

1. The licensed songs from Disney are unlikely to ever appear on any other DDR game ever (unlike most of the other songs which appear in every other DDR game)
2. Despite being Disney music, the songs are good, with good stepcharts
3. It's the only DDR mix (and only dance game up until In the Groove) to feature the "Dance Magic" vs. mode, which is one of the best ways for two good players to compete head-to-head.

Which total up to it being the best domestic DDR release for the Playstation.

If you're not a dance game fan, then yeah, it's stupid to pay that much for a game you won't like. Sort of like me paying any amount for any stealth action game. I just don't like them, and it doesn't make sense for me to buy them.

me and my friends use to play ddr alot back in the day. i didn't like disney mix at all. that's my opinion on it. i'm just gettin it for the Mooonnaaayyy. haha

I thought you did ok OP... dont let alot of the naysayers bother you here... they would only think of it as a deal if you bought it all for 10 bucks or something... you sell the guides and other items and are left with a couple games (DDR disney included)... basically for nothing, that is a great deal

zomg dey aynt gh so dey sukz

Lollerskates!

If you are saying that DDR Disney Mix is only there for the money, why are you keeping it on your shelf instead of unloading that shit?

[quote name='sixersballernum3']zomg dey aynt gh so dey sukz

Lollerskates!

If you are saying that DDR Disney Mix is only there for the money, why are you keeping it on your shelf instead of unloading that shit?[/QUOTE]

because i collect rare games. if you read the whole thing it's there.:bomb:

like 99% of CAG as far as i know collects rare crap including me.

[quote name='111111']because i collect rare games. if you read the whole thing it's there.:bomb:

like 99% of CAG as far as i know collects rare crap including me.[/QUOTE]

Hate to break it to you, but Disney DDR and Secret of Mana are not rare games, just overly inflated in price due to the fact that people want to own them badly.

I'd like to see the rest of your "rare" collection.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Hate to break it to you, but Disney DDR and Secret of Mana are not rare games, just overly inflated in price due to the fact that people want to own them badly.

I'd like to see the rest of your "rare" collection.[/QUOTE]

if it's not rare why dont you go to a random store and buy it? there is a reason why ddr is 100 bux and secret is 30-40. its just plain hard to find.

my other stuff i have are:

earthbound w/box and guide w/original scratch and sniff
castlevania symphony of the night sealed
original ff7 sealed + guide (non million seller)
bust a groove
project justice
marvel vs capcom 2 (2)
power stone 2
secret of mana
mario rpg+ nintendo power guide
aria of sorrow
rez
lunar silver star
ddr disney (har har)

i have about 2-3 more buried but that's most of it in my small display case of goodness.

nice pics of ur collection btw. i have alot too but it's mostly newer stuff. about 200 ps1 games, 300 ps2 games, 200 xbox, like 15 snes lol.

[quote name='111111']if it's not rare why dont you go to a random store and buy it? there is a reason why ddr is 100 bux and secret is 30-40. its just plain hard to find.

bust a groove
project justice
marvel vs capcom 2 (2)
power stone 2
secret of mana
aria of sorrow
rez
lunar silver star
ddr disney (har har)

i have about 2-3 more buried but that's most of it in my small display case of goodness.[/QUOTE]

Not a single one of those games would be considered "rare", yes they are hard to find because they are popular and everytime they are available in the stores for purchase they are sold within mere hours/days because someone is willing to pony up the asking price. You can jump on ebay any time and there will ALWAYS be at least 10 of these available for purchase. A rare game is one that isn't always available on eBay.

We'll talk rare games when you show me Action 52 or Flinstones 2 for NES, Chavez 2 or Fun N Games for SNES, Silverload or Fox Hunt for PS1, Chase the Chuckwagon or Quadrun for Atari 2600. RARE games are usually the ones you haven't heard of, THAT'S why they are rare. Until then, you've got a collection of overpriced yet extremely popular common/uncommon games.

And before you ask, most of those games I have personally, and I haven't paid over 5.00 for each one (cept Rez, paid 30.00 sealed)

[quote name='111111']if it's not rare why dont you go to a random store and buy it? there is a reason why ddr is 100 bux and secret is 30-40. its just plain hard to find.

bust a groove
project justice
marvel vs capcom 2 (2)
power stone 2
secret of mana
aria of sorrow
rez
lunar silver star
ddr disney (har har)

i have about 2-3 more buried but that's most of it in my small display case of goodness.[/QUOTE]
The majority of those are HTF, moderately rare at most. No offense, I wouldn't say "I collect rare games" with a list like that. You just happen to have a lot of things that people will pay decent money for because of licensing or being sealed.

People have a hard time discerning between what's valuable and what's rare. There's a bunch of rare shit out there that's worth almost nothing (sentimentally and monetarily) to everyone except for completists and hardcore collectors.

Dude, you don't get my point. If you collect games, and are KEEPING DDR Disney, why do you say " i didn't like disney mix at all. that's my opinion on it. i'm just gettin it for the Mooonnaaayyy. haha"?

ok your guys' view on rare games is like completely different than mine. i'm more new school and really dont care about old games. it's cool those are rare to find and i see what u mean so i see what u guys are saying about it's moderately rare but just valuable. but it's all good in da hood.

very interesting convo tho about what's really rare and what's just of value. :applause:

[quote name='evanft']This is a common misconception. Opinions are conclusions derived from a set of facts. Let's look at his first argument again:

Becoming a Greatest Hit is based on sales, and I imagine in some cases some back scratching on the part of the developer. Now, do sales have anything to do with a game's quality? Of course not, so the premise is obviously false. His argument is therefore not sound and his conclusion is null.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying that opinions can't be formed from a set of facts, because obviously they can. What we're debating about is if opinions can be true or false, this does not concern how these opinions were formed, just if opinions themselves can be true or false. Using your example "suikoden 2 and rez are not good/classics", this is an opinion, therefore subjective and cannot be true or false.

Here's a link to Wikipedia.org, they explain better than I can.

[quote name='bboynujen']I'm not saying that opinions can't be formed from a set of facts, because obviously they can. What we're debating about is if opinions can be true or false, this does not concern how these opinions were formed, just if opinions themselves can be true or false. Using your example "suikoden 2 and rez are not good/classics", this is an opinion, therefore subjective and cannot be true or false.

Here's a link to Wikipedia.org, they explain better than I can.[/QUOTE]

No. The opinion was a conclusion reached from a set of premises. One of these premises is false, so therefore the conclusion is wrong. It has nothing to do with the content of the conclusion, because it could be true, and everything to do with the premises. You can't have a sound conclusion if one or both of the premises are untrue.

You could apply the reasonable person argument to the conclusion, and ask if a reasonable CAG would deem Rez and Suikoden 2 classic games. It's somewhat like what they use to determine if something is sexual harassment. What's sexual harassment to you and what's sexual harassment to me may be two completely different things, but the law applied a "reasonable woman" standard to cases to determine if sexual harassment has taken place.

[quote name='abrannan']While I wouldn't pay $80 for it, DDR Disney Mix does have a lot of redemming qualities (aside from rarity) for Dance game fans:

1. The licensed songs from Disney are unlikely to ever appear on any other DDR game ever (unlike most of the other songs which appear in every other DDR game)
2. Despite being Disney music, the songs are good, with good stepcharts
3. It's the only DDR mix (and only dance game up until In the Groove) to feature the "Dance Magic" vs. mode, which is one of the best ways for two good players to compete head-to-head.

Which total up to it being the best domestic DDR release for the Playstation.

If you're not a dance game fan, then yeah, it's stupid to pay that much for a game you won't like. Sort of like me paying any amount for any stealth action game. I just don't like them, and it doesn't make sense for me to buy them.[/QUOTE]

none of that makes any sense.. the step charts are EASY even the "advanced and maniac steps".. just because they are Disney songs doesn't make them good. they aren't even original Disney songs they are "remixes" so unless you like hearing techno versions of G rated songs that have no context outside of the movies they are from .. then ok. but I mean it is very over-rated. there isn't even a decent amount of songs on there (i don't even remember if it hits 20.. Konami mix easily passes that.. and the quality is better.. more variety)..

I don't think 80 dollars for a DDR game that doesn't offer much more then the novelty of playing "disney" songs merits a purchase. me and my DDR freak friends had it when it came out, we thought it sucked, not that i care that I only sold it for what I paid for it (around 40) that some sucker will think its a good game and be really disappointed when he plops down the cash for it. You're better of chipping a PSone and buying a Japanese DDR (like DDR 1-4th or Best hits) over this one.

I think you got a pretty good deal on the stuff.. but I think guides are over rated to.

bread's done
Back