WTB: Broken XBOX 360s, H: $$$

nugarp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
hi guys,

Does anyone have any broken 360s laying around?

I'm looking to buy some broken 360s whether it be because of a bad dvd drive / laser or rrod. I really want ones that haven't been to tampered with or "towel tricked" as I've seen some horrible "fixes" on boxes that I have come across.

I am willing to pay up to $30 depending on the condition and I do ask for a power brick as well.

I just got a reflow machine and I wanted to work on some boxes and see if I can revive them.
If the DVD drive isn't reading discs I'm happy as long as you haven't messed with the drive.

Well I have 2 360s, have been opened up but no tampering, just cleaning them out. One dvd drive won't open but reads disks and the other dvd drive doesn't like to eject without flicking the gear with the faceplate off. I can do $25 each plus shipping. but don't have power bricks :(

Out of all curiousity, how much did you pay for your reflow machine? Because I'm looking at starting a business for repairing 360s and PS3s, and I'm curious how much reflow machines run from. I hear a couple grand...

reflow machines are only a couple hundred, are you thinking of reball machines? i got this reflow machine used on craigslist for like 140. but i still need to get the right nozzles.

@stuntman21, PM'd.

A true reflow station does cost upwards of thousands, but you can create your own for a few hundred.

Out of curisoity though, why choose now to start fixing xbox 360's? PS3's I can understand. I got out of the business because profit margins are way down since the slims came out.

I've got an Elite with an E76 error (*NOT* E74) - something to do with the ethernet port not working. Everything else should be fine on it. I have no use for it at this point since I bought the newer model instead of getting it repaired. I do have the power brick. Hasn't been opened or anything. Don't know if this would be something you're after but PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='bryenfury']A true reflow station does cost upwards of thousands, but you can create your own for a few hundred.

Out of curisoity though, why choose now to start fixing xbox 360's? PS3's I can understand. I got out of the business because profit margins are way down since the slims came out.[/QUOTE]

welll that's a little out of my league then -- and as for why now..it's not really a business. i just love taking things apart - it's a hobby :).

[quote name='KaneRobot']I've got an Elite with an E76 error (*NOT* E74) - something to do with the ethernet port not working. Everything else should be fine on it. I have no use for it at this point since I bought the newer model instead of getting it repaired. I do have the power brick. Hasn't been opened or anything. Don't know if this would be something you're after but PM me if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

i just looked into the ethernet error, it looks like it would take some serious soldering to stick in a new IC chip there. it seems to be mostly caused by power surges frying the IC. i'm not sure if i am at that level with my $15 soldering iron, but i might bite. i would also need to order a new chip from somewhere. maybe..

[quote name='KaneRobot']I've got an Elite with an E76 error (*NOT* E74) - something to do with the ethernet port not working. Everything else should be fine on it. I have no use for it at this point since I bought the newer model instead of getting it repaired. I do have the power brick. Hasn't been opened or anything. Don't know if this would be something you're after but PM me if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

i just looked into the ethernet error, it looks like it would take some serious soldering to stick in a new IC chip there. it seems to be mostly caused by power surges frying the IC. i'm not sure if i am at that level with my $15 soldering iron, but i might bite. i would also need to order a new chip from somewhere. how much did you want for it? PM me.

I'll send you a PM for a xbox that has a dvd problem. It will not open and I think that is the only thing wrong with it.

I have a e74 unit that I bought used while back. I was going to use it as a spare after fixing it up but it wasn't hdmi (as advertised) so haven't bothered. No idea if it's been messed with but did have to overheat it once so I could test it out and make sure it wasn't banned (which it was not).

bread's done
Back